Tales of Supergirl: A Golden Age Series

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Tales of Supergirl, Last Daughter of Krypton

Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful then a locomotive and able to soar across the sky like a bird Supergirl has dedicated her life to fighting for truth, justice, and our planet. Sole survivor of her home world Supergirl poses as mild mannered secretary Linda Kent…

Supergirl and the Mad Scientist

Metropolis 1938

Secretary Linda Kent furiously worked the typewriter. She was preparing the expense reports of the Daily Planet’s reporters. Editor and Chief Perry White would not want to wait long for the information. Lucky for him Linda was the best typist on the floor, often rewriting reporters’ stories to improve the grammar and prose, and known for getting things done fast.

“Linda, I still don’t know how you do it? Where do you get all the energy?” star reporter Lois Lane asked her good friend. A woman ahead of her time, while most women stayed home or had simple jobs, Lois was a star reporter in Metropolis. She had been made famous for being the first to meet the remarkable Supergirl. Linda without even looking up from her work smiled.

“It’s all about time management Lois, you could learn a thing or two.” The young woman answered. Lois walked around her desk and leaned over watching Linda type. She was wearing a brown suit and skirt. Stockings and high heels completed the reporter’s outfit. More than once Lois had used her looks to distract an interview subject. Linda was more conservatively dressed in a long skirt and matching blouse. Some glasses covered her face and her hair was in a bun.

“Well I better apply some, I’m late.” Lois commented.

Linda raised an eyebrow, “I didn’t know you had another assignment.”

“Just came up, Doctor Melvin called and wanted to do an interview.” Lois explained as she checked her purse for her notebook and makeup.

Searching her memory Linda asked, “Wasn’t he dismissed from the university, for questionable research?”

Lois nodded, “Yeah he wants to tell his side of story, well I’m off.” She turned away from Linda’s desk and headed for the elevators on the other side of the reporter bullpen. Linda wondered if Lois was jumping into something she wasn’t ready for. In the year she had lived in Metropolis one thing Linda had learned was Lois Lane had a penchant for finding trouble. Good thing she’s friends with a certain superheroine, Linda thought with a smile as she finished up her work.

………………

Across the city near the campus of Metropolis University Lois Lane stood in front of the address Dr. Melvin had given her. Knocking she made sure that she looked alright. She was interested in talking with the doctor. He had just been the subject of some sharp debates. Evidently he had purposed and possibly carried out some extreme experiments on the human body. Melvin supposed was a big believer in improving the human body. For Lois he sounded a bit to close to those idiot Nazis who controlled Germany. Lois knew that people like that could be trouble.

The door opened and she was quite surprised to see a handsome man in his early thirties. He smiled, “Miss Lane, please come in.”

Lois stepped inside seeing that the building served as both a living space and lab for the doctor. Lots of equipment was towards the back some of which Lois couldn’t identify, “My doctor this is an awful lot of scientific equipment, how can you afford all this?”

“Oh my family is quite wealthy. So Miss Lane where should we begin?” he asked walking over to a work table. Lois fished out her notepad and pencil ready to take some notes and review some questions she came up with on the cab ride over.

“Well Dr. Melvin first why were you suspended then dismissed from the university?” she began.

He faced her holding a small bottle. Lois couldn’t see the label, “They let me go because they can’t accept my work. The human body Miss Lane is filled with untapped potential. With the proper research we could unlock those secrets and help all of mankind.”

Lois nodded and walked closer, “But doctor, your suggestions experimenting with different chemicals on people, performing exploratory surgeries, and electric shock…”

“How else can we learn what the body is capable of unless we stress it!” he exclaimed. The doctor turned away from Lois and uncapped his bottle. Reaching inside his pocket he removed a white handkerchief. With a quick move of his hands he dumped some of the contents of the bottle onto the cloth. He put the bottle down and turned hiding the cloth behind his back. Lois so engrossed in writing notes didn’t notice anything.

“Doctor”, she said, “that sounds quite disturbing.”

He grunted, “That’s what they said, but I’m right the proof is right here in our city.” Melvin moved closer coming to only a few feet away from the reporter, “She is living proof that we can do more than we realize.”

Lois thought for a moment, “Supergirl? You think we could all be like her?”

“Yes Miss Lane, in fact”, he came close and spoke softly, “if you could arrange a meeting with her I would appreciate it.” Lois could see something was wrong in his eyes. The way he asked to meet Supergirl, Lois knew she needed to leave.

“I’m sorry Dr. Melvin but Supergirl isn’t at my beck and call, plus I doubt she would be much interested in helping you out. Now if you will please excuse me.” Lois turned to leave putting her notepad into her purse.

Melvin scowled and made his move. He grabbed Lois by her waist and pulled her close. Then the doctor brought his handkerchief around and pressed it against Lois’s face. She screamed only to have the noise muffled in the cloth and his hand. She twisted and pulled struggling in his arms. Melvin however was no lightweight his strong arms held the reporter tightly and ensured she could not escape, “It’s no use Miss Lane! Chloroform works quickly.”

Lois grunted and desperately tried to remove his hand and cloth from her face. Her futile kicks sent one then both of her heels off, leaving her stumbling in her stocking feet. Melvin smiled as Lois began to give in to the powerful drug. She mumbled something into the cloth as her eyes fluttered. Melvin couldn’t help himself as he lowered her to the ground, “Don’t worry Miss Lane you aren’t my real objective. You are just the bait.”

She couldn’t hear him as she passed out, knocked out cold. Melvin held the cloth to her face a few more moments, just to ensure Lois slept. Then he removed it and lifted her up. He carried her to a sofa. Laying her down her admired her looks and legs. Lois looked fantastic in the stockings. Melvin ran a hand down them feeling the nylons and talked to the unconscious lady, “Thanks to you Lois, I’ll soon have Supergirl!”

…………

Linda had finished up for the day. She had cleaned her desk off, given the reports to Mr. White, and even put the dust cover over her typewriter. It was looking like she might be able to get home at a decent hour for once. I might even be able to cook myself something decent tonight before I go out, the superheroine in disguise thought. Little did she know that her plans were already canceled.

“Linda!” a man called out. She turned and smiled, detective Richard Malverne of the Metropolis Police Department. Her cheeks blushed as the handsome cop approach. Linda and her alter-ego knew the detective, although Linda wondered which version of her he was interested in?

“Hi Dick.” She answered with a smile, “How can I help the MPD?”

He shook his head, “By telling me when you last saw Lois Lane.” He was talking like a cop.

Surprised Linda said, “What she was here a few hours ago? Why what’s happened?”

Dick sighed, “It seems she’s been kidnapped. A ransom note was delivered to the station this afternoon. Here.” He pulled out the note. Linda quickly read it.

I have kidnapped Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane. She will remain unharmed as long as the newspaper pays me 200,000 dollars. The money can be delivered by Supergirl. Any sign of the police or a double cross I will kill Miss Lane! Deliver the money…

Linda looked up in shock, “Oh my goodness! We need to show this to Mr. White immediately!”

A few minutes later they were both in the Chief’s office. The detective did the talking while Linda waited for Mr. White to tell her to do something. After thinking for a few minutes he decided, “We have no choice, but why does he want Supergirl to deliver the money? She’ll arrest him on sight.”

You bet I will chief, Linda thought. She too wondered why the kidnapper wanted her. A trap, but for what reason, the heroine from space thought. Anyway she focused on the conversation at hand. The police would try to get a hold of Supergirl while they came up with a plan. There was still a few hours till the ransom had to be paid. When Mr. White and Dick had left Linda made he way to the storage areas.

Whispering to herself Linda said, “This looks like a job for Supergirl.”

Entering a rarely used storage room, Linda locked the door behind her by crushing the lock. She would fix it upon her return. First she removed her glasses revealing the bright blue eyes that they helped conceal. Next she opened up her hair letting the shoulder length blonde tresses fall free. Kicking off her shoes she then grabbed her blouse and pulled it open. As the buttons came undone they revealed a blue leotard top. The skintight material from her home world was more revealing then the average 1938 women’s’ clothing. In the center was a large red and yellow S her family symbol and inspiration for Lois Lane to give her the moniker Supergirl.

Removing the long skirt revealed her long legs and short red skirt held in place with a yellow belt. While a few people claimed Supergirl was vagrantly flaunting morality, most didn’t mind the short skirt (for sure men didn’t). Her legs wore in a pair of satin tights. Reaching into her purse the Girl of Steel pulled out the final items of her alter-ego’s costume, a red cape and matching boots which she pulled over her stocking feet. Finally she was ready to go. Supergirl opened the window and flew out, heading for the police station.

………………..

Melvin had everything ready for Supergirl’s arrival. He would test the full range of her abilities before finally capturing her. Once he had the Maiden of Might, Melvin was confident he could learn to secret to her amazing powers. With that information he would be able to sell her abilities to the highest bidders. It would make him rich.

“Let me go you fiend!” Lois demanded. She was tied to a chair with rope. Her ankles, stomach, and arms were securely tied to the wooden chair. It was not the first time she had been in this position and she had learned a thing or two about getting out of knots, but the mad man had tied them too well.

“I think not Miss Lane. You are my insurance policy.” Melvin said. Lois could see he was adjusting a huge control panel with knobs, levers, and values. He also had laid clipboards and had a film camera set up by a window.

Lois defiantly stared at her captor, “Supergirl won’t fall for any of your tricks. I can wait for her to…” suddenly Melvin turned and shoved a rag into her mouth. Lois said some very un-lady like things which were muffled by her new gag, which Melvin tied.

“I think that is quite enough of that miss. Now sit back and enjoy the show.” He snickered.

…………………..

Supergirl was flying to the site specified in the ransom note. After meeting with detective Malverne she worked out a plan. She was carrying two larger bags which held the ‘ransom’. In fact there was nothing inside them. Once the villain revealed himself, Supergirl would take him down. Or at least that was the plan. It was obvious that this was all a trap for her, but why?

Supergirl landed in front of the warehouse that was the site of the payoff. She strolled forwards and tried using her X-ray vision to see inside. With scowl she saw that the building was lined with lead plates. An unfortunate slip of her tongue had revealed that small problem to Lois, who had printed it in one of their first interviews. It didn’t really matter she needed to go inside.

“I’m here, now where is Lois Lane?” Supergirl called out. She couldn’t see any sign of life. A long wide hallway ran from where she entered. Listening with her super-hearing however allowed Supergirl to know that there were people here. There was a scratch as a public address system activated.

“Welcome Supergirl! If you wish to see Lois Lane alive you will don exactly as I say.” Linda listed to the voice and tried to detect where it was but couldn’t place it. The echoing of the voice inside her hallway was masking the source. Standing confidently she dropped the bags and placed her hands on her hips near her belt.

“I’ve brought your money now show me Miss Lane.” She ordered.

“Not just yet Supergirl I would like to run a few tests first.”

Supergirl furrowed her brow, “Tests, I am in no mood for games villain.”

“A shame since I am!” Melvin began his first test. Turning a series of values he unleashed his first stress test. Supergirl was surprised as nozzles popped up from the walls. They all had a small flame protruding from them. It took a few seconds for Supergirl to realize what was up, “Uh oh!”

Gasoline shot from the nozzles which then ignited. The flame throwers shot their deadly streams straight at Supergirl. Watching all this through his special window which hid him from Supergirl’s vision Melvin began taking notes on the affects of his first stress test. Lois could only look on in horror as her friend was consumed by the flames. Linda covered her face from the flames not to protect her but to better see. The fire did nothing to her invulnerable skin and uniform. However she didn’t have time for this. Turning she blew out a powerful blast of air from her lungs.

Melvin watched as Supergirl extinguished the flames, and then proceeded to freeze each nozzle! “Amazing she can rapidly cool her breath, plus she didn’t react at all to the flames.” The doctor scribbled notes onto his pad of paper.

Supergirl moved down the hallway, “Your little trap failed, give up now.”

“Supergirl we are just getting started test two.” Melvin answered as he pulled a lever. This caused a massive and heavy weight to fall right onto the Girl of Steel! Supergirl caught the heavy metal as it landed on her head and shoulders. The surprise of the move caused her to sink to her knees. Quickly she recovered and pushed up and away with her legs. The weight went back up into its slot. Linda held it in place as she used her heat vision to weld it in place.

Lois could see the doctor was happy as a clam, recording everything with his camera and notes. Melvin couldn’t believe it everything that had been written about her was true. Soon that power will be mine, he thought. Supergirl had reached the end of the hallway and still couldn’t figure out where this madman was. Melvin now prepared his final test and actual trap.

“Impressive Supergirl, I am looking forward to examining you.” He said over the PA. Supergirl thought she had located the voice finally. It is behind the wall, there must be some sort of camouflaged mirror, Linda thought. She decided not to play her hand yet.

“You will never get the chance. In fact I am looking forward to meeting you.” Supergirl moved forward towards the mirror. Melvin, seeing that Supergirl had figured out where he was quickly reacted flipping a series of switches on his control panel. Once again something dropped from the roof. This time it was a steel door. It blocked her escape route. Supergirl didn’t worry after all she wanted to go forward not back. However she didn’t plan on the series of tesla coils pop out of the walls. They hummed and arched with electricity.

The lighting bolts began to leap out and struck Supergirl. Linda grunted as the bolts landed on her body. Melvin watched as his carefully thought out plan worked. The powerful electric bolts would weaken Supergirl and make her vulnerable to the second part of the trap. Releasing a final value he released the chloroform gas tanks. Supergirl heard the gas as another furry of lighting bolts hit her. She understood the trap’s purpose and tried to get out of it.

Melvin made sure to document the entire affair. First Supergirl moved away from the tesla coils. She pounded on the door he dropped. He was pleased to see that the electricity was working, sapping her might strength. Checking the gas tanks he saw that the majority of the chloroform gas had entered the chamber. Supergirl failing to move the door moved away from it struggling to stay on her feet. Another pair of lighting blasts lanced out, striking her in the chest. Melvin smiled as she sank to her knees. More electricity rained onto her and he saw that the heroine’s eyes were fluttering.

Lois watched in horror as Supergirl fell forwards, her cape fluttering as she hit the ground, a final series of electric blasts. The reporter worried was the Girl of Steel really defeated? Melvin thought so he ceased the electric blasts. Next he activated the fans to clear the gas from the chamber. Moving past Lois he grabbed an old Army gas mask and put it on.

Opening a hidden hatch he entered the room and walked over to Supergirl. He kneeled next to her and reached for her neck. Feeling for a pulse he found that it was there but slow and steady. Melvin carefully removed his mask seeing that the gas had dissipated. Rolling Supergirl onto her back he admired her mini-dress like uniform. Looking up at his mirror he spoke to Lois, “Take a good look Lois I am the man who has captured Supergirl!”

…………

Lois was still tied to her chair. However she had been moved to the doctor’s proper lab. Supergirl was still asleep, strapped to an examination table with thick leather straps. Melvin wearing a white coat and rolling over a small tray with medical instruments smiled at her.

“Now Miss Lane I will begin my proper examination of Supergirl.” he began to talk but this time to himself, “Supergirl appears to be between the ages of 20 and 24. Her skin is the same as a normal woman’s but is completely impenetrable. The same is true of her uniform which I cannot cut off. However I believe I can remove it…”

Lois looked at Supergirl afraid of how far this madman would go when she noticed it. One of Supergirl’s eyes was open. Melvin didn’t notice too caught up in his notes. The Girl of Steel looked at Lois and winked. She closed it again as Melvin came back to focus on her.

“It seems that I can remove Supergirl’s costume at the neck.” He reached for her cape when suddenly Supergirl shot up. The leather straps snapped like they were made of string. Melvin was instantly held by Supergirl, who lifted him up into the air with one hand.

“What…no that is impossible!” he cried out.

“I let you think you captured me doctor. All I wanted to do was to make sure Lois was safe. Now let’s see about getting you a proper place in the station downtown.” Supergirl confidently spoke.

…………………..

It was the next day at the Daily Planet. Linda read the article by Lois, Supergirl Snatches Scientist. The reporter came up to her, “So Linda what did you think of the story?”

“Another great one Lois, however it does remind me of something.” Linda remarked.

Lois asked, “What’s that?”

Linda picked up a telephone note and handed it to the reporter, “Your doctor called to schedule your checkup.”

The End
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

This story was inspired by the short 1940s Superman cartoons. I thought it might be interesting to do them but with Supergirl instead. It also offered a chance to try some great Golden Age perils out on the Girl of Steel. Planning on doing another soon combing some Wonder Woman tv show perils and maybe some from the old Superman tv series into the tale (with SG of course). Anyway I hope you enjoyed this, please tell me what ya think.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Camvoy
Producer
Producer

Excellent and inspiring.
superpics4les
Elder Member
Elder Member

Nice little yarn, sg! Good to see you writing about your favorite super-gal again! 8)
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer." - Paul Atredes
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

superpics4les wrote:Nice little yarn, sg! Good to see you writing about your favorite super-gal again! 8)
Thanks, long time no see.
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Thanks for an excellent SG story.
UltraSexyHeroines
Neophyte
Neophyte

sgz6 thanks for sharing your stories, i love Supergirl! you combine the plot perfectly! :-)

i would also excitingly wait for the next story of wonder woman..

thanks again =D>
I love my UltraSexyHeroines
Sexiest superheroine photos and videos
http://www.UltraSexyHeroines.com/