Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Search found 22 matches

Return

by lionbadger
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Villainy 101

"To quote a great hero of mine, I believe in one thing only, the power of human will" Something strikes me as off about that quote from the dean, I'll check it later, once I get out of the blazing August sun. I’m just into my mid 30s, overweight and my skin has the sickly cast of the chronic indoors...
by lionbadger
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Villainy 101

2 "Of course I'm cranky" I yell at Neuro "There's been an overindulged, manhating, psycho vigilante tied up on my bed for the last 20 hours. The only sleep I've had is in this thing" I wave at my chair at the end of the big meeting table. My neck aches and my head hurts. I'm too fucking old for all ...
by lionbadger
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 The admin and bureaucracy needed to keep tabs on any business is depressingly large. Everyone thinks you become a CEO then get to run around drinking champagne, shout orders and wave your arms at conferences. In reality it’s marathon meetings where the underlings try to convince you that they’ve a...
by lionbadger
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Captain Marvel update

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
Well clearly that was filmed during an earthquake as evidenced by all the camera shaking...
I just assumed they were, err filming one handed
by lionbadger
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5. The old Horgan Sausage factory is across the river and a little to the north of Globo Dynamics. Sane people don’t go north of the river in this area. It's been a socio-economic wreck for as long as I can remember. The factory itself is a dilapidated mess. Graffiti is scrawled everywhere and one o...
by lionbadger
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

6. I practically skip across the compound. Our first profit is stronger than expected, mostly due to a surge in the evil milkshake business. Oddly it seems a lot eviller now that we’re actually making money from it. Our logistics division is also in the black, albeit slightly less strongly than the ...
by lionbadger
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let me Know If You Like This Grid Format

I tend to work off the recent topics bar rather than trawl various sub categories anyway so general format is not a big issue for me
by lionbadger
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wonder Woman vs The Alien Queen - Tentacles Trap & Sex!

JohnFeer wrote:
1 year ago
The thoughts these women have when they eat sushi....
I think we should all be very glad for those
by lionbadger
11 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Superheroine photomanips

Had a go myself on the train, bit rickety but autodesk is great on the tablet
by lionbadger
10 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you want to see in the next Supernova?

I really liked the idea of Rebecca v Nightshade maybe with nightshade using an array of exotic/experimental poisons to wear down Supernova /depower her
by lionbadger
9 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Captain Marvel news

I know any thread about Captain Marvel sends the gammons of this here parish into spasms of apoplexy but I'll risk it; 1. For Brie Larsson teasing some film news or maybe even a trailer https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2018/09/05/captain-marvel-movie-2019-brie-larson-entertainment-weekly/ 2. I'll pu...
by lionbadger
8 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any superheroine defeat games, round 2

Evil genius has some interrogation options that can be fun

I looked at platinum arts sandbox once (briefly) because I had an idea to a sort of doom/timesplitters style heroine hunter game
by lionbadger
6 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being that we have a lot of Captain Marvel Hype who would make a good SHIP CM?

Triggered in part by this cosplay/photoshop of Andrea Prince as Ms Marvel

And CC's suggestion to have Nicolette Shea in something

(sorry Mods, I meant to put this in Lounge but clicked the wrong thing!)

by lionbadger
4 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Captain Marvel news

her latest cause is a group of GoFundMes all over the world which are raising money from the public for tickets for underprivileged girls to go see the movie. This 'charity' crowdfunds more tickets to the movie so the gross can be boosted over opening weekend. I mean, who gets mad about little girl...
by lionbadger
4 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lionbadger, nobody is saying that poor girls seeing a movie is a bad idea. But if the cost of that is really only going to be $50K, then Brie Larson, her Hollywood friends, or Marvel/Disney itself could all have footed the bill for that without blinking. None of them did (except Ellen DeGeneres, se...
by lionbadger
4 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Move ahead to 2019, and the new version of Carol Danvers, now known as Captain Marvel, has been rebooted six times since being introduced in 2012. When you go from 40,000 readers for a Carol Danvers comic in 2006-2012 to 11,000 readers in 2019, you have not "won over" anybody. Probably 5,000 women ...
by lionbadger
4 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First, a person's demographics do not lessen their opinion on a movie. Second, it is never good to have less people of a race. Should there be less white people? No. Should there be more people of color? Yes The best solution is to simply add people of color, and not remove any white people. Anothe...
by lionbadger
3 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The African slavers are just as wrong as the white slaver owners. It does not matter what politics governed those African communities. Morality is not founded by a country. Morality is founded by human rights and civil rights. I see Tallyho touches this above, I get where you are coming from. I kno...
by lionbadger
3 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love that tweet

10 years to make a movie with a girl as the lead and suddenly "the studio hates boys!"

Seems an entire rational response
by lionbadger
3 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

153m in US, 5th biggest foreign launch of all time, 302 M (so 455 m globally)

Sounds pretty successful
by lionbadger
3 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shevek wrote:
3 months ago

The suspicion is not just that Fandango helped to 'paper' the Challenge showings as you've mentioned above...but that Disney themselves bought out a bunch of theaters.
This is full on tin foil hat stuff now. I keep waiting for a youtube link saying major league baseball is behind everything
by lionbadger
2 weeks ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Meet me at Amazing Con Las Vegas, June 14-16

You should get Lexi Sindel in to a hero costume