Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Search found 17 matches

Return

by Dogfish
4 years ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Batwoman - Silent Night

Hey. This is my second go at writing a Superheroine thing (the first may yet see the light of day, but probably not, depends if I can finish it). Hope you folks like it, any feedback or whatever, let me know. Not sure if the tone or the style or the story will be agreeable but we'll see how it goes....
by Dogfish
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brie Larson Wants Less White Dudes Reviewing Movies

BTW the idea that Captain Marvel is going to bomb is pretty unlikely. It's got three things going for it: 1. It's going to be Black Panther for women. Wonder Woman could have been this but it dropped the ball, also to be fair when it came out nobody know what a Black Panther movie looked like. Now t...
by Dogfish
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brie Larson Wants Less White Dudes Reviewing Movies

The problem is also the last few attempts at Superman have been really bad. The Snyder version is an abomination. People try to humanise Superman, try to make him dark and edgy, but he's not. You could in theory make a dark and edgy Superman movie, but Superman is a boyscout. He helps old ladies acr...
by Dogfish
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slow Turnaround Times and Delays (What to do, what to do)

I'm dismayed by the number of people who think involving the authorities is a good idea. Don't do it. You're potentially fucking with somebody's life in ways you can't predict and you're putting yourself into the system as a client. The first thing I would advise is never spend more on a custom movi...
by Dogfish
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm dismayed by the number of people who think involving the authorities is a good idea. Don't do it. You're potentially fucking with somebody's life in ways you can't predict and you're putting yourself into the system as a client. The first thing I would advise is never spend more on a custom mov...
by Dogfish
1 year ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have you ever purchased a custom? What you're describing is not how most customs work. Some models may only work with certain models, and they let you know that before you accept their offer. Lady Frye says on her page that the only man in all of her movies will be her husbands. Fans know this info...
by Dogfish
11 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Captain Marvel news

Lurkndog wrote:
11 months ago
I liked the use of Blockbuster Video as a visual cue for "We're in the 90's now."
Yeah. They've become to the 90s what the Eiffel Tower is to scenes in Paris.
by Dogfish
6 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trying to figure out what the other movie is in the Indiana Jones series is that's good. Cos that's a 25% series if ever there was one. The ratio is so bad it almost makes the good one look like a fluke.
by Dogfish
6 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Lara Croft a superheroine?

Lara Croft is, based on the most recent games, a very odd character. She's attractive but she doesn't acknowledge it or use it. She's book smart but lacking in other areas, and emotionally she's a bit of a mess. What really defines her as a character in the most recent games is her lethality. If I w...
by Dogfish
6 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dazzle1 wrote:
6 months ago
So we can expect Rotten Tomatoes to have a high score from self assigned critics and low scores from the fans just like Discovery and DW.
What sort of fans obsessively go to review aggregate sites to shit on movies?

No part of being a fan means giving something a zero.
by Dogfish
5 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So we can expect Rotten Tomatoes to have a high score from self assigned critics and low scores from the fans just like Discovery and DW. What sort of fans obsessively go to review aggregate sites to shit on movies? Well, at this point, nearly 35,000 of them who have dropped Captain Marvel's "want ...
by Dogfish
5 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wonder Woman got a pass from the turds attacking Captain Marvel because to them DC is on their side and Disney is the enemy, so it didn't matter what the actual or even potential of the movies was. It's all about teams to them. There's no consistency beyond tribalism. It doesn't matter what DC did, ...
by Dogfish
5 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like that watching Battle Angel Alita is the "I don't like Brie Larson" version of sitting in the garden eating mud. I don't mind, I want Alita to get its sequel. It's first act was never its best... so if a few doofus's want to protest supporting one superheroine flick with another female lead a...
by Dogfish
5 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rotten Tomatoes had 58,000 audience reviews that averaged 34%, the lowest of any Marvel movie ever. Then the website mysteriously deleted 54,000 of those reviews, leaving just over 4,000. But the average only went up to 36%. Then the total number of reviews over the past few hours went up from 4,00...
by Dogfish
5 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welp, looks like the boycotts and review bombing really had an effect. Captain Marvel has really struggled at the box office and I don't know maybe they're just going to stop making MCU movies altogether.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/03/10/captai ... e-ceiling/
by Dogfish
5 months ago
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love that 'domestic drop' is seen as an indicator of failure when a movie has a massive opening weekend. If a movie has a massive first weekend, then reverts to something close to normal, then it will have a larger domestic drop than a movie with a normal opening weekend and the expected drop afte...