Any superheroine defeat games, round 2

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
rbx4
Private
Private

Any superheroine defeat games, round 2

Post by rbx4 »

I posted here a while back, looking for defeat-oriented games: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30147&p=148114#p148114

Just to get the meat of that post out here:

"Defeat can't mean game-over. Preferably, there will be some notice of the utter defeat of the heroine, and the villain can enjoy victory, but no game-over. I'd prefer it if the game permitted me to avoid having an ending.

-- doesn't matter to me if there is adult content or not

-- doesn't matter to me if it is graphics or text oriented"

I want to add: no unfairness-oriented things, such as chloroform or things like that. I want the heroine to lose because someone beat her by physically fighting better or fighting smarter.

no tentacle focus, boobs larger than the rest of the body, or other specialized focus on one fetish. Those have their place in the world but they are specialized fetish games: tentacle games, boob games, etc., not the kind of defeat games that I am looking for.

I'm still in shock that maybe no game quite like this exists. Now that I have had a chance to look around as well as I can:

dlsite doesn't appear to have anything that gets the job done. It seems to be full of very small games that mostly have a laser-focus on art fetishes instead of situation fetishes. Cutie Suz*ki's Tournament Road comes close to what I want, but it's a very small game.

Combin Ation's work is similar to what I want, but defeat is game over in his work. It doesn't scratch the itch for me to reload a save and lose again. I wish there were ongoing consequences of failure, such as:

1. A change in rank or status, which is embarrassing and humiliating, such as something noticed by npc's or the character. Games such as "Fight Club Reborn" from Magma do this well, but I am hoping for a longer game than that with more repeat playability and variation in opponents.

2. Somewhat humiliating signs of weakness and defeat. Heroines reeling or lying on the ground are what I am looking for. There should be a contrast, where the heroine doing well has a look of doing powerful things, but when seriously failing looks weak and defeated. Most video sites do this well (next global crisis, for instance).

3. Again, no endings if at all possible.

lionbadger
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Any superheroine defeat games, round 2

Post by lionbadger »

Have you played Evil Genius, think it's circa €10 on steam

rbx4
Private
Private

Post by rbx4 »

I watched some youtube videos of it just now--seems like a good simcity-style base management game with a creative twist. Not exactly what I am looking for though, because I want to have the protagonist to go through defeat, and more focus on 1v1. But yes, that seems like an excellent game!

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MightyHypnotic »

Actually, I am thinking about working on one. I have been tinkering with game design lately and I am formulating an idea. Maybe it's something we can all design together as forum members.

I hadn't planned on monetizing it and I can put together a development blog about it too....

rbx4
Private
Private

Post by rbx4 »

Sounds good! I'm definitely interested in giving feedback.

lionbadger
Overlord
Overlord

Post by lionbadger »

Evil genius has some interrogation options that can be fun

I looked at platinum arts sandbox once (briefly) because I had an idea to a sort of doom/timesplitters style heroine hunter game

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MightyHypnotic »

I am learning Unity. It's a little complex but I have some C# coding ability so I am struggling through it. I work with it a little each day and get a little better at it.

What I will probably need the most help from would be to create the characters and then all the animations... I had intended on paying someone to do that because it will be a lot of work, especially if I wanted different reactions and of course the reactions we all like.

ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Post by ksire_99 »

perhaps a go fund me account?

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MightyHypnotic »

Yes, that's always a possibility. I was thinking it could be kind of fun to have a few characters from the HypVerse in there and perhaps some other producers would want their characters repped... I am still fleshing it out and of course still wrapping my head around creating a game.

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MightyHypnotic »

Today I learned how to put together pre-built animations. Lots of moving parts!

Dazzle1
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Dazzle1 »

There are some basic animation games around

Cartoon Catfights used to be one and there are some Japanese based ones.

Femina
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Femina »

I mean... and don't take this the wrong way or anything, but that game probably doesn't exist because its a niche fetish market AND a WHOLE LOT of work. Figuring out how to make a game function BEYOND being beaten and how that would change the primary essence of the game is a snowball effect of intricate possibilities that make it harder and harder to get the game finished. Say you DON'T get defeated, theres got to be a whole game and story for that, say you get defeated in the first mission, now the whole game has changed and you need a new gameplay style and story. Then if there's no actual ending at all how do you keep that interesting and feeling like more than just that bland nothing you get in an open world rpg after the story's concluded. I'm not saying multi-mechanic game systems cant or even haven't been done just that they take a lot of planning, talent, work and money which people making fetish material are usually light on resources.

There ARE some great 'play as the heroine/defeat' games out there (the vast majority of which come out of japan) but none of them have any mechanics for a 'post game over' though many of them don't necessarily end when the heroine gets knocked down or gang banged.

Edit: I did play a game someone had made utilizing the rpg maker and then pictures via an older japanese 3d art program that had like nine choosable heroines going to rescue a princess from a wicked sex club mercenary guild sorta thing that was actually pretty detailed, only had a few encounters that ended in game over if you lost them, and even kept track of things like if you were still a virgin or not in basically EVERY single possible fight.... but It never got finishes. There was a lot of content there though... even a lot of content individual to the particular characters. I can't remember what it was called but could probably find it if I looked hard enough.

http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads - It's unfinished, but if memory serves theres a crapwad of content... but it really just goes to show the difficulty in getting something like this finished EVEN with tools as simplistic as rpgmaker for someone fetish inclined.

rbx4
Private
Private

Post by rbx4 »

Thanks for the link. Will check it out. I did make something with Twine, which works decently for me, but I don't have art (which is probably limiting for most everyone in everything). With some mod effort, Skyrim can be converted into something like this too. It all depends on what you're into when making the game. Nearly every little fetish finds a home somewhere, and the rarer the type of fetish (scat) the more devoted the followers can be. I think the reason why Repeat Defeat games are rare is because it is not as visually distinctive as games with extraordinary stimulus. But yes, the kinds of games where every scene is meticulously detailed couldn't be converted into this, and so this would need to be a different kind of game (more similar to Girl Life than to Heroes Rise, for sure).

arkane
Sargeant
Sargeant

Post by arkane »

Having no IT skills at all, I'm thinking about a solitaire card game...

The player is the bad guy. He has a "boss" and obviously he must protect him (her), and some minions, allies, corrupt cops and so on. He must achieve some result (steal the crown jewels, create a mega-monster from forbidden bio-tech, and so on).

Depending on the scenario, heroines and their allies (naive snoops, police, whatever) try to stop the progress.
different cards would represent the heroines/allies and their moves. These are drawn authomatically.

The player uses his own cards and "action points" to defeat the heroines (needs particular card combos to be able to intercept, ambush them etc. but if on the defensive he can play his goons against the good girls). At the same time he must make progress in his own task (maybe there's a turn limit?), recruit new allies, and so on.

Defeated heroines are to be brought to a secure location to be imprisoned. They are kept at bay with several moves like chloro, bondage, machines which inhibit superpowers, (again these are cards to be played) during the process. It's a big bonus for victory if the player can do it, and obviously this removes a enemy from the game. But heroines can play evasion cards (from the deck's authomatic draw) with great effect, before being imprisoned (lesser effect and chance of success if they are imprisoned). Multiple evasions (a heroine frees herself, then others!) are also possible.
[almost forgot: free heroines can try to find and rescue imprisoned ones...]

If someone really would like to play this thing, I can put ideas in it to create the game, but artwork and material production are another matter. I'm not in the USA and, since America is the land of opportunities, I guess the producer must be there (I want my free copy, though).

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MightyHypnotic »

I think this is a good thread and I don't want to derail it. I am going to start a game development thread where hopefully I can entice some artists and animators to collab with. But I think this is a good thread to discuss what's out there and what people want to see in a game...

rbx4
Private
Private

Post by rbx4 »

At least what I'm seeing in the solo game design world, is that if someone makes a decent adult game or game mod (Wicked Whims), they should expect to make over $3k per month in donations in Patreon once word gets out. This means regular and responsive updates, and usually some good art or animation backup. Though if something is very similar to an already finished free game, it will probably need better art and/or story to get attention. I wouldn't try to directly compete with dlsite either, because they have hundreds of small adult games. At least what I am looking for:

Replayability
Something game-like that rewards with fetish appeal. Auto-reward doesn't seem to work for longer than one night
Npc's with an explainable personality. Maybe there is a market for NPC's that just serve to say yes to everything, but I'm not part of that market
I'm essentially done with anything rpgmaker by now. I've seen some that worked, but all the other platforms, Unity, RenPy, and even pure text + pic platforms, yield consistently better and more interesting games.

Of course game tastes are going to vary to the extreme. I'm sure that there are thousands of people out there who want the opposite of what I like.