Superbowl

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Superbowl

Post by Dazzle1 »

New England going for Number 6

chase251
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Superbowl

Post by chase251 »

Gotta admit, despite my dislike of the Patriots, every Superbowl they've been in have been nothing short of fantastic.

bushwackerbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by bushwackerbob »

As a Boston area resident, I am aware of how fortunate we New Englanders have been to have the Patriots to root for, and how spoiled we are for demanding even more success on the field. This season is even more special because of how mortal they seemed halfway through the season. I can certainly understand some of the hate out there for the Pats because they keep on winning and naturally people want to see different teams in the Superbowl, but the one thing that especially pisses me off is when I hear the often repeated false story that the Pats filmed the then St. Louis Rams walk through prior to the 2002 Superbowl. This story came out the day before the 2007 Superbowl. The story was found to be false, the writer fired, and the newspaper had to print a front page retraction, yet on ESPN and elsewhere in the media, because of the false story Pats haters to this day continue to latch on to this false narrative. In other words, the story has become urban legend even though the original story that fueled it turned out to be fraudulent.

Dazzle1
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Dazzle1 »

As a Boston area resident, I am aware of how fortunate we New Englanders have been to have the Patriots to root for, and how spoiled we are for demanding even more success on the field. This season is even more special because of how mortal they seemed halfway through the season. I can certainly understand some of the hate out there for the Pats because they keep on winning and naturally people want to see different teams in the Superbowl, but the one thing that especially pisses me off is when I hear the often repeated false story that the Pats filmed the then St. Louis Rams walk through prior to the 2002 Superbowl. This story came out the day before the 2007 Superbowl. The story was found to be false, the writer fired, and the newspaper had to print a front page retraction, yet on ESPN and elsewhere in the media, because of the false story Pats haters to this day continue to latch on to this false narrative. In other words, the story has become urban legend even though the original story that fueled it turned out to be fraudulent.
You are correct that we are spoiled, but Boston has not won a championship in almost three months.

We are insuffreable. And if the Celtics could win one this summer, we would be unbearable.

shevek
Producer
Producer

Post by shevek »

Not that I'm into sports, but you can't move around this town without hearing that we are the "City of Champions" (having won six rings in eight trips to the Superbowl), and therefore it will probably be de rigeur around the 'Burgh to root for the Rams if people bother to watch it at all, if only to keep the Pats from equalling the Steelers' accomplishment.

Dazzle1
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Dazzle1 »

Not pretty, but a win is a win