Superman and Lois spin off show

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 921
Joined: 11 years ago
Been thanked: 6 times

Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Visitor »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sup ... 44800.html

The CW keeps hedging their bets for when they lose another show or two like Supergirl. No real news yet about the plot.
Bronson881
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 504
Joined: 10 years ago
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Bronson881 »

I still remember Lois and Clark from years ago. It was a good show. I hope this will be OK as well.
User avatar
shevek
Producer
Producer
Posts: 2709
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 13 times
United States of America

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by shevek »

As long as Clark doesn't go into an emotional downward spiral and they get a divorce (like in the Brian Michael Bendis comics)...or it isn't some kind of "Lois can fight five guys at once and don't need no man" scenario, this could be great.

Lois and Clark was a solid, fun TV show - pure comic-book escapism with just enough romance - and as everyone remembers, it gave us Ultrawoman, one of the best superheroine costumes ever on TV. Yes, they were real, and spectacular!

Would love to see Elizabeth Tulloch in that pink costume if they can find it! (In my imagination, it's still in Teri Hatcher's closet somewhere).
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 405
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Malaysia

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by brdiy »

Just keep it away from the writers of SG. That should be a good start.
User avatar
shevek
Producer
Producer
Posts: 2709
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 13 times
United States of America

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by shevek »

Great casting move by the runners of the 'Superman and Lois' show:

Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang. Smoking hot mature-looking Moroccan-Jewish woman. You may know her from Entourage.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/superman-l ... 202902550/
80790035_10157896328824419_1943482489670467584_o.jpg
80790035_10157896328824419_1943482489670467584_o.jpg (67.65 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
bushwackerbob
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 530
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Boston, MA
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 22 times
United States of America

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by bushwackerbob »

I am really surprised at the lack of publicity, hype, and buzz for this upcoming show. I mean we are talking about Superman, the flagship character for DC Comics and you barely hear anything about it, and I believe the premiere is just over a month away, and then you have a Batwoman reboot which seems to be getting quite a lot of hype and publicity. Perhaps we are entering into an Arrowverse burnout era, so many shows and perhaps a declining interest in these shows.
User avatar
Maskripper
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 686
Joined: 4 years ago
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Germany

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Maskripper »

^ I guess that's because there is nearly no promo material available for the new show so far.
No teaser, no trailer, nearly no pictures. Why that is....don't know. Perhaps as the show starts only on february 23, around 5 weeks after Batwoman.
I am sure the promo machine will be started this month as they certainly need some hype before the show starts.
So far, I'm mildly curious for the show. I do find Supergirl more interesting.
I will watch it and see how I like it.

Season 2 of Batwoman is not a reboot. Kate Kane missing will change a lot, but not everything.
The character's developments from season 1 won't be reset.
Last edited by Maskripper 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
User avatar
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1185
Joined: 8 years ago
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Wales

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Abductorenmadrid »

I know you have to separate actors from characters, the dialogue they deliver and the direction they are given but the few times I've seen Elizabeth Tulloch haven't really drawn me to her, I am sorry to say. The most I saw her in was Grimm in which she played the significant other of the titular character, and like I said, it might have been her dialogue or how she was told to portray the character but I think it is a bit of a failing if I don't care about them, even when they are so important in the story.

I guess I was meant to worry that she might be a target due to her partner's new found monster fighting role in the world, but I didn't. I should be worried that she might get taken, or eaten or who knows what? But I didn't! And these are similar concerns that should be instilled into us for Lois... but if we end up with something similar to Grimm ... you'll be rooting for Villain_Henchman_#2 to get rid of Lois real fast!

Now Bree Turner on the other hand, who played Rosalee, the significant other to the titular Grimm's good friend, Monroe ... was awesome! Again it could be dialogue or the character they wanted her to be, but I cared about that character a lot. So, it was definitely in the writers to make such a character ... so was the difference down to the actresses?

It's not usually like me to put a downer on anything ahead of time, I am usually a wait-n-see sort of person but I suspect you might not get the chemistry you are hoping for in this show. I hope I am wrong!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl Vs The Fugitive Witch of Daxam

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Nykron
Sargeant
Sargeant
Posts: 132
Joined: 16 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times
Canada

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Nykron »

User avatar
Maskripper
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 686
Joined: 4 years ago
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Germany

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Maskripper »

^ Yeah, looks good.
The pantssuit looks better on him than on Kara :hmmm:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 405
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Malaysia

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by brdiy »

Maskripper wrote: ↑2 months ago ^ Yeah, looks good.
The pantssuit looks better on him than on Kara :hmmm:
Yeah, the pants effectively neutered SG. I'm surprised they didn't decide to start calling her Super Person last season. πŸ™„
User avatar
shevek
Producer
Producer
Posts: 2709
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 13 times
United States of America

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by shevek »

Very little to go on yet. They should probably reveal a bit more so people have more confidence in the show ahead of time.
Would love to see some of what Lois and Lana look like in wardrobe, and whether we can expect any female supervillains
or heroine guest stars (like Melissa Benoist) on the series.

It's about time we got some good news from the DC camp...what with the dearth of subscribers at HBO Max, the announcement that Warner is going to essentially bypass theatrical releases, and the horrible reaction to the "I Am Not Starfire" young-adult novel, etc.

I guess it's probably too much to ask that this show should be as much like "Lois and Clark" as humanly possible.
Nykron
Sargeant
Sargeant
Posts: 132
Joined: 16 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times
Canada

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Nykron »

brdiy wrote: ↑2 months ago
Maskripper wrote: ↑2 months ago ^ Yeah, looks good.
The pantssuit looks better on him than on Kara :hmmm:
Yeah, the pants effectively neutered SG. I'm surprised they didn't decide to start calling her Super Person last season. πŸ™„
Or calling her Superwoman.

Here's another look of Tyler's Superman during filming in Vancouver:
Image
User avatar
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 2611
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: baltimre, md
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by batgirl1969 »

Maybe they'll bring in Supergirl & invite her into their bedroom to spice up their love life...Nothing says I love you more than a blonde between 2 brunettes, even if it is FFM!!!
Nykron
Sargeant
Sargeant
Posts: 132
Joined: 16 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times
Canada

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Nykron »

User avatar
Damselbinder
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 714
Joined: 6 years ago
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Great Britain

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Damselbinder »

batgirl1969 wrote: ↑2 months ago Maybe they'll bring in Supergirl & invite her into their bedroom to spice up their love life...Nothing says I love you more than a blonde between 2 brunettes, even if it is FFM!!!
Supergirl is Superman's cousin.
A full list of my stories can be found here, with summaries to boot: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32027
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 349
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by helstar »

Damselbinder wrote: ↑1 month ago Supergirl is Superman's cousin.
Shhhh you are trying to ruin her incest fantasy :crazy: :giggle:
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5452
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Wales

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by tallyho »

Damselbinder wrote: ↑1 month ago Supergirl is Superman's cousin.
How many times have I gotta ask you guys to use the Spoiler button?!!!!!!


:giggle: ;) :lol:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
User avatar
Maskripper
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 686
Joined: 4 years ago
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Germany

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Maskripper »

An EW exclusive, new trailer:
https://ew.com/tv/superman-lois-first-trailer/

-
:hmmm:
Well.....a well-done trailer for sure...but not fixed so far. Will watch it and see how it goes.
Interestingly the show starts on February 23 with 2 episodes!
For that reason, Flash was pushed back to March 2.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 3341
Joined: 8 years ago
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Mr. X »

"Saving the world starts at home"?
Yeah no soap opera there. Not much actually superman-ing-ing going on in that trailer. Seems like anxiety teen drama.
Nykron
Sargeant
Sargeant
Posts: 132
Joined: 16 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times
Canada

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Nykron »

brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 405
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Malaysia

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by brdiy »

Obligatory teen angst + more "you lied to us" drama, all too common across the "Berlanti-verse"
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 921
Joined: 11 years ago
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Visitor »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cw- ... 38493.html

The first episode will be rerun on cable with a behind the scenes show afterwards.
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 3341
Joined: 8 years ago
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Mr. X »


Fight scene.

Sadly another case of TDS. Bad guys is apparently some evil capitalist dude.
Spoiler
Big reveal for the end of episode 1.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 921
Joined: 11 years ago
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Visitor »

Captain L may be the only thing to watch for in the series. Morgan Edge as the primary villain wouldn't work because who wants to see a series about corporations coming in and laying off people and taking over farms.
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 3341
Joined: 8 years ago
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Mr. X »

Visitor wrote: ↑1 day ago Captain L may be the only thing to watch for in the series. Morgan Edge as the primary villain wouldn't work because who wants to see a series about corporations coming in and laying off people and taking over farms.
Unless "Morgan Edge" is Captain L.
User avatar
Maskripper
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 686
Joined: 4 years ago
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Germany

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Maskripper »

Looking forward to seeing the first two episodes!
Right now I don't really have any expectations on how I might like or not like the show.
Judging from the view count on the trailer to the show....I'm pretty sure that quite a lot of people are curious about the show.
I guess that more folks are interested in a Superman show in comparison to a Supergirl show (in general, not in this place of course).
Last edited by Maskripper 1 day ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
User avatar
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary
Posts: 2049
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: On the Border of the Neutral Zone
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 49 times
United States of America

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by DrDominator9 »

Maskripper wrote: ↑1 day ago
I guess that more folks are interested in a Superman show in comparison to a Supergirl show (in general, not in this place of course).
No, here she is a goddess!! Can't say the same for her writers. Hoping for a great final season for Supergirl tv show.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025&p=163444#p163444
User avatar
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 2611
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: baltimre, md
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by batgirl1969 »

Damselbinder wrote: ↑1 month ago
batgirl1969 wrote: ↑2 months ago Maybe they'll bring in Supergirl & invite her into their bedroom to spice up their love life...Nothing says I love you more than a blonde between 2 brunettes, even if it is FFM!!!
Supergirl is Superman's cousin.
yeah, so....lol...Ever heard of Kissing cousins??? It's no like she would have to fuck him, he could just watch her and Lois...besides the royals of ancient Earth did it(still do) so why not Kryptonians?
User avatar
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary
Posts: 2049
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: On the Border of the Neutral Zone
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 49 times
United States of America

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by DrDominator9 »

batgirl1969 wrote: ↑1 day ago
Damselbinder wrote: ↑1 month ago
batgirl1969 wrote: ↑2 months ago Maybe they'll bring in Supergirl & invite her into their bedroom to spice up their love life...Nothing says I love you more than a blonde between 2 brunettes, even if it is FFM!!!
Supergirl is Superman's cousin.
yeah, so....lol...Ever heard of Kissing cousins??? It's no like she would have to fuck him, he could just watch her and Lois...besides the royals of ancient Earth did it(still do) so why not Kryptonians?
You can take the girl out of the party, damselbinder, but you can NEVER take the PARTY out of this girl: BG1969 forever!!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025&p=163444#p163444
User avatar
Damselbinder
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 714
Joined: 6 years ago
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Great Britain

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Damselbinder »

batgirl1969 wrote: ↑1 day ago
Damselbinder wrote: ↑1 month ago
batgirl1969 wrote: ↑2 months ago Maybe they'll bring in Supergirl & invite her into their bedroom to spice up their love life...Nothing says I love you more than a blonde between 2 brunettes, even if it is FFM!!!
Supergirl is Superman's cousin.
yeah, so....lol...Ever heard of Kissing cousins??? It's no like she would have to fuck him, he could just watch her and Lois...besides the royals of ancient Earth did it(still do) so why not Kryptonians?
The royals of ancient Earth also fucked their siblings. We don't use them as moral exemplars.

And Dr D I'm shocked that you're encouraging this. Shocked and appalled. /s
A full list of my stories can be found here, with summaries to boot: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32027
User avatar
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary
Posts: 2049
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: On the Border of the Neutral Zone
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 49 times
United States of America

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by DrDominator9 »

Damselbinder wrote: ↑22 hours ago
And Dr D I'm shocked that you're encouraging this. Shocked and appalled. /s
Batgirl1969 crooked her little finger at me, what can I say?

:blush: :blush: :blush:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025&p=163444#p163444
User avatar
Damselbinder
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 714
Joined: 6 years ago
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Great Britain

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Damselbinder »

DrDominator9 wrote: ↑22 hours ago
Damselbinder wrote: ↑22 hours ago
And Dr D I'm shocked that you're encouraging this. Shocked and appalled. /s
Batgirl1969 crooked her little finger at me, what can I say?

:blush: :blush: :blush:
You lived through the Reagan years, didn't you? You know exactly what to say?
A full list of my stories can be found here, with summaries to boot: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32027
User avatar
Maskripper
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 686
Joined: 4 years ago
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Germany

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Maskripper »

Watched the pilot.
The visuals and the score were standing out to me.
I guess this show has a bigger budget than other Arrowverse shows.
I'm not the biggest fan of these "introduction episodes", but it was quite good.
My "biggest" complaint so far is that they have two boys.
Don't know about the comics, but I would love to have at least one girl in it (which then would start to discover her powers).
That could be handled like in Stargirl where 21-year-old Brec Bassinger plays a teenager of 15/16(?).
Also, I'm not a huge fan of Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane. Her acting is good, but for Lois Lane, I would have wished for someone who's a little....hotter.
And younger....I mean, she is 40 after all, that's a little too old for me. (Tyler Hoechlin is 33 by the way)

I know that's quite superficial to say, but hey I like to see attractive women in general and especially in the movies and TV shows that I watch.
I guess that show should be running some years....so....do the math ;-)
A little eye candy is always a plus.
And yes, a comparison with Erica Durance from Smallville is unfair, as the characters there are much younger.
But DAMN, I guess a solid part of the audience watched that show for her.
And Teri Hatcher was a good cast in "Lois & Clark" as well.

Looking forward to where this is heading, especially with the villain(s) that will battle Superman/Clark.
Perhaps there will be a (masked) villainess as well at some point.
Also, it will be interesting where the whole
Spoiler
"We have a son with powers" aspect is going to lead.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
bushwackerbob
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 530
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Boston, MA
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 22 times
United States of America

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by bushwackerbob »

Maskripper wrote: ↑5 hours ago Watched the pilot.
The visuals and the score were standing out to me.
I guess this show has a bigger budget than other Arrowverse shows.
I'm not the biggest fan of these "introduction episodes", but it was quite good.
My "biggest" complaint so far is that they have two boys.
Don't know about the comics, but I would love to have at least one girl in it (which then would start to discover her powers).
That could be handled like in Stargirl where 21-year-old Brec Bassinger plays a teenager of 15/16(?).
Also, I'm not a huge fan of Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane. Her acting is good, but for Lois Lane, I would have wished for someone who's a little....hotter.
And younger....I mean, she is 40 after all, that's a little too old for me. (Tyler Hoechlin is 33 by the way)

I know that's quite superficial to say, but hey I like to see attractive women in general and especially in the movies and TV shows that I watch.
I guess that show should be running some years....so....do the math ;-)
A little eye candy is always a plus.
And yes, a comparison with Erica Durance from Smallville is unfair, as the characters there are much younger.
But DAMN, I guess a solid part of the audience watched that show for her.
And Teri Hatcher was a good cast in "Lois & Clark" as well.

Looking forward to where this is heading, especially with the villain(s) that will battle Superman/Clark.
Perhaps there will be a (masked) villainess as well at some point.
Also, it will be interesting where the whole
Spoiler
"We have a son with powers" aspect is going to lead.
I remember a scene on the series "The Adventures of Lois & Cark" near the end of one of the episodes where Lois fears getting older while Kryptonian Clark stays the same age forever, that will you still love me when I am gray and old and you remain ageless. If you posit that a theoretical CW series version backstory that they were around the same age when they met, then it makes more sense that some 20 years later that Lois aged to her early 40's, mother to two teenage boys while Clark did not age at all. To me the biggest problem with the series is that in all of the iterations of Superman that I can recall, indeed in all iterations of all of these Arrowverse shows, we see the burgeoning relationship from the very beginning, from crush, to being smitten, to falling in love, to first kiss, the audience is there all along the way to see that journey from the start, whereas the audience in Superman & Lois are basically inheriting this romantic duo, we've "missed" the first half of the movie and joining the relationship in progress, there is no payoff for the audience. I actually like the premise of this series, it seems fresh and new, which is saying something considering we have already seen the Superman young teen version, the high school version, the young adult, and older versions of Superman/Clark, and now in the role of father to twin teenage sons. I wonder if the show might focus more on the kids as the series goes on, as the CW traditionally loves to target those young demos.
User avatar
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer
Posts: 1104
Joined: 16 years ago
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Superman and Lois spin off show

Post by Shakeshift »

Bitsie Tulloch was amazing on GRIMM, and she's fantastic on this as well. I think she's plenty hot. 40 is a great age to be for hotness if you're not going to be 21.
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], wwillie and 25 guests