Live action Power Puff Girls?

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
sneakly
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 272
Joined: 7 years ago
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by sneakly »

When I was reading about the announced Wondergirl series I came across this:
https://deadline.com/2020/08/the-powerp ... 203021883/

It might have potential because the the three heroines are now disillusioned 20 somethings. So three hot girls fighting (and captured) by supervillains is never a bad thing. Most likely turning into dreck, but home springs eternal.
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5628
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 187 times
Wales

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by tallyho »

Hope even


Unless you have a water leak in the house.

Yes let's hope it delivers as that costs us nothing (save the bitter tears of disappointment)

3o4cq8.jpg
3o4cq8.jpg (30.18 KiB) Viewed 819 times
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Sarone4
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3
Posts: 25
Joined: 2 months ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Italy

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Sarone4 »

So three hot girls fighting
Oyyyy good
User avatar
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 3508
Joined: 8 years ago
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Mr. X »

So will they not have hands like the cartoon?
User avatar
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 2668
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: baltimre, md
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by batgirl1969 »

This could be VERY kinky depending on how they do it, yes disillusioned 20 somethings can be very sexually frustrated and sexually fluid...so we may get some great Bi/Lez scenarios too, and just maybe some hot peril and traps!
Nykron
Sargeant
Sargeant
Posts: 139
Joined: 16 years ago
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Canada

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Nykron »

User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 58 times
United States of America

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Femina »

Quake as BUBBLES makes me scratch my head a little lol. She definately feels more like a Buttercup lead personality to me but eh?

Dunno, CW shows tend to suck... and I am unsure if the power puff girls is great material for like... adult shows? The fact its a VERY kiddy cartoon source sets my 'approach with caution' hairs on end... but idk? I DO love Quake....
User avatar
Damselbinder
Stories Mod
Stories Mod
Posts: 850
Joined: 6 years ago
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 114 times
Great Britain

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Damselbinder »

Femina wrote: 1 month ago Quake as BUBBLES makes me scratch my head a little lol. She definately feels more like a Buttercup lead personality to me but eh?

Dunno, CW shows tend to suck... and I am unsure if the power puff girls is great material for like... adult shows? The fact its a VERY kiddy cartoon source sets my 'approach with caution' hairs on end... but idk? I DO love Quake....
I actually think you could do it. But I don't think CW can do it. It would need a massive budget and still have to be wild and zany and cartoonish. The CW version is either going to be just a slightly more comedy focused version of what their shows always are - soap operas - or a weird, Sharkboy and Lava Girl esque nightmarish hybrid.
A full list of my stories can be found here, with summaries to boot: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32027
User avatar
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: 10 years ago
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by theScribbler »

'Bennet has been cast as Blossom, Cameron has been cast as Bubbles, and Perrault has been cast as Buttercup.'

'The “Powerpuff Girls” pilot hails from writers and executive producers Heather Regnier and Diablo Cody'

from:
Variety: ‘Powerpuff Girls’ Pilot at CW Casts Chloe Bennet,
Dove Cameron, Yana Perrault


Am a fan of Chloe Bennet from 'Agents of SHIELD.' :cap:

Diablo Cody is great at writing dialog, but don't know about action scenes. :hmmm:

If only it wasn't a CW show! :sad:
the Scribbler
User avatar
dajinx1
Producer
Producer
Posts: 637
Joined: 16 years ago
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
United States of America

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by dajinx1 »

Here are our first look at the new power puff girls.
Attachments
38D08F01-3796-4A2F-8F83-6C7923AD3402.jpeg
38D08F01-3796-4A2F-8F83-6C7923AD3402.jpeg (251.89 KiB) Viewed 313 times
1A4421E8-1CAD-4F26-9624-5EBA39ECEF5B.jpeg
1A4421E8-1CAD-4F26-9624-5EBA39ECEF5B.jpeg (275.04 KiB) Viewed 313 times
7F8E02FD-F334-4168-ABD4-323D425B7CD2.jpeg
7F8E02FD-F334-4168-ABD4-323D425B7CD2.jpeg (93.75 KiB) Viewed 313 times
5081AFC1-1934-4410-8824-62B355CEEFAA.jpeg
5081AFC1-1934-4410-8824-62B355CEEFAA.jpeg (178.59 KiB) Viewed 313 times
15EDFA3D-E1E8-41BC-9F8B-782A0ECF7363.jpeg
15EDFA3D-E1E8-41BC-9F8B-782A0ECF7363.jpeg (192.54 KiB) Viewed 313 times
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 416
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Malaysia

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by brdiy »

Not sure how I feel about the idea of a live-action version, but they look cute though...
ltrltr
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 345
Joined: 9 years ago
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by ltrltr »

Third picture, is Chloe holding a whip?
sneakly
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 272
Joined: 7 years ago
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by sneakly »

The blonde is really cute.those dresses are pretty awful (never heard of Lycra or spandex?), of course being tied spread eagle and about to be sexually violated by the now adult Princess may improve them. Hopefully the show will last long enough to provide a few good scenes, inspire some dirty cosplay and a raft of decent porn parodies.
User avatar
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 2668
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: baltimre, md
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by batgirl1969 »

sneakly wrote: 5 days ago The blonde is really cute.those dresses are pretty awful (never heard of Lycra or spandex?), of course being tied spread eagle and about to be sexually violated by the now adult Princess may improve them. Hopefully the show will last long enough to provide a few good scenes, inspire some dirty cosplay and a raft of decent porn parodies.

You read my mind!!! Dove Cameron as Bubbles....such a hot tight petite little blonde....in candy blue dress....yummy....I can't wait to see all the porn parodies!!!
User avatar
Damselbinder
Stories Mod
Stories Mod
Posts: 850
Joined: 6 years ago
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 114 times
Great Britain

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Damselbinder »

It already looks like a porn parody.

I don't know man. Something about this. Makes me frown.
A full list of my stories can be found here, with summaries to boot: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32027
User avatar
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 5628
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Land of No Hope and Past Glories
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 187 times
Wales

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by tallyho »

ltrltr wrote: 5 days ago Third picture, is Chloe holding a whip?
Sadly no, it's the flying harness wire you can see on one of the other clips.
10/10 for naughty imagination though
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
User avatar
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5823
Joined: 17 years ago
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 36 times
United States of America

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by MightyHypnotic »

These costumes are horrendous. But, it's not like the PPG wore traditional superheroine costumes yet, these almost look like it was a school project.
User avatar
Damselbinder
Stories Mod
Stories Mod
Posts: 850
Joined: 6 years ago
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 114 times
Great Britain

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Damselbinder »

MightyHypnotic wrote: 5 days ago These costumes are horrendous. But, it's not like the PPG wore traditional superheroine costumes yet, these almost look like it was a school project.
It's conceivable that that's the point. If the premise of the show is that they're disillusioned with superheroism, the scene being filmed may represent them rushing to action with the nearest things to hand that looked vaguely superhero-outfit-ish. Who can say.
A full list of my stories can be found here, with summaries to boot: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32027
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 58 times
United States of America

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Femina »

It's very probable these are like, the 'beginning of the series' outfits that are like... close to what they wore as children because they haven't actually gone out to do any superheroing since they were kids.

Then the big 'upgrade' episode will happen and everyone will be like 'coooool!'

Or more probably it will be like Arrow, or the Flash, or Batwoman, or Supergirl, and by the upgrade episode I'll already be so annoyed by the Berlanti Bullshit that I'll already be gone. Who can say. At least the PPG's by their very nature don't have a stupid secret identity plot to force endless contrivances in which their co-stars fail to deduce who they are for way too lolng. But that's just one card of many in the deck of Berlanti Bullshit.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 364
Joined: 12 years ago
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by helstar »

I don't know what to think of this. I give it the benefit of doubt, but which are the chances a funny tv-serie in this genre will work ? I did not like the cartoon, but we will see what the live action will offer.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 416
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Malaysia

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by brdiy »

Femina wrote: 5 days ago It's very probable these are like, the 'beginning of the series' outfits that are like... close to what they wore as children because they haven't actually gone out to do any superheroing since they were kids.

Then the big 'upgrade' episode will happen and everyone will be like 'coooool!'

Or more probably it will be like Arrow, or the Flash, or Batwoman, or Supergirl, and by the upgrade episode I'll already be so annoyed by the Berlanti Bullshit that I'll already be gone. Who can say. At least the PPG's by their very nature don't have a stupid secret identity plot to force endless contrivances in which their co-stars fail to deduce who they are for way too lolng. But that's just one card of many in the deck of Berlanti Bullshit.

By the 3rd episode or so, they'll likely be wearing formless pants like Supergirl...
ltrltr
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 345
Joined: 9 years ago
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by ltrltr »

tallyho wrote: 5 days ago
ltrltr wrote: 5 days ago Third picture, is Chloe holding a whip?
Sadly no, it's the flying harness wire you can see on one of the other clips.
10/10 for naughty imagination though
I've watched a lot of her as Quake, the mind starts to wander I admit.
User avatar
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 58 times
United States of America

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by Femina »

brdiy wrote: 4 days ago
Femina wrote: 5 days ago It's very probable these are like, the 'beginning of the series' outfits that are like... close to what they wore as children because they haven't actually gone out to do any superheroing since they were kids.

Then the big 'upgrade' episode will happen and everyone will be like 'coooool!'

Or more probably it will be like Arrow, or the Flash, or Batwoman, or Supergirl, and by the upgrade episode I'll already be so annoyed by the Berlanti Bullshit that I'll already be gone. Who can say. At least the PPG's by their very nature don't have a stupid secret identity plot to force endless contrivances in which their co-stars fail to deduce who they are for way too lolng. But that's just one card of many in the deck of Berlanti Bullshit.

By the 3rd episode or so, they'll likely be wearing formless pants like Supergirl...
Nothing wrong with bodysuits IMO. I know there's a good portion of the site base here who are of the mind 'less skin=absolutely hideous' but to me, one of the best aspects of the Superheroine genre is the bright, flashy and unique design space attributed to costuming... and quite often, a tight bodysuit/pants included, allows for more unique design space than just bare legs. Not trying to knock anyones particular fetishes or anything, if its 'Bare Thighs or Die' for anyones fetish here, that's well enough, just saying, to me, a sexy bodysuit is absolutely as good as a unitard, short skirt, hosed legs, etc. etc. Nudity and skin is really basically a non-factor in my appreciation of the SHiP universe. Add to all of this, functionality in the script. Since we can rule out pretty much the liklihood of one of the PPG's tied up while a villainess fondles her bare thighs, then there isn't even really much 'function' happening in that space.

I mean... this is Power Puff Girls... tbh, I'm gonna need probably a whole season to feel comfortable enough thinking of them as like, adult superheroines anyway xD... if we're looking for 'fetish shit in the mainstream' I won't make the argument it should never ever happen (I do believe that but ignoring that for the sake of argument) POWER PUFF GIRLS isn't the place for it.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member
Posts: 416
Joined: 11 years ago
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Malaysia

Re: Live action Power Puff Girls?

Post by brdiy »

Oh I don't have a problem with bodysuits. I'm pretty sure I've made it clear in another thread before. Other than being devoid of shape in SG's case, I just prefer SG in a skirt, just as I prefer Batgirl in the bodysuit.

But you're right, this is a Powerpuff Girls thread, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the target audience anyway. But then again, I'm pretty sure many of us in this forum are not the target audience for many of the CW shows.
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 12 guests