Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

CW Announces a Batwoman Show

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
RedMountain
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Liked Posts: 9

Post 1 year ago

https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-cross ... n-details/

Interesting news. As a huge fan of the pre-writer walkout/no marriage allowed Batwoman series, I hope this does well, but I'm not sure. Apparently she'll be in an Arrow crossover and then get her own series. The only thing that worries me somewhat is the network has said Kate Kane will be a SJW...which honestly to me does not fit her character at all and nothing makes me less interested than when these companies mess with a characters overall traits. I really hope they don't try to use her as a political lightning rod. To me Kate was always someone inspired by Batman to be a hero and she became a badass that took on the criminal elements that weren't really delved into in Batman's world. She was a strong and independent character that didn't need the entire Bat Family to help her every 15 minutes and her adventures were really exciting. I hope that's what the show turns out to be, not "character of the week" team up like Supergirl turned into. I also hope Kate is allowed to be a capable hero in the show. One of the biggest turn offs for me with Supergirl is just how un-super she is, pretty much every episode sees her getting her butt kicked by bush league villains and then getting bailed out by her tech friends to win. Hopefully Batwoman ignores this formula.

The funny thing though is just how outraged the internet and twitter seem to be about this show getting a chance. Was looking at some stuff on twitter and its amazing how scared people are of a lesbian character and also just how stupid people are trying to turn it into a political thing. Saw a lot of people saying this was some plan by the left to shove lesbianism in our face, and that CW was "turning Batgirl gay." It's amazing how many people are clueless that Kate has been a badass lesbian super heroine for a long time. SMH.
These users have liked this post
MightyHypnotic

sugarcoater
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
United States of America
Liked Posts: 14

Post 1 year ago

If this show is indeed made, I would hope it deals with Batwoman’s sexuality like Val Kimer’s character in “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”. In other words, it’s just her sexuality and isn’t the defining characteristic of her character.
MightyHypnotic

Dazzle1
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
United States of America
Liked Posts: 11

Post 1 year ago

The most recent version we have seen in the animated movies is a violent vigilante and she even uses a gun.

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Liked Posts: 38

Post 1 year ago

I just hope she is hot, stays a lipstick lesbian and wears the same costume!

shevek
Producer
Producer
United States of America
Liked Posts: 29

Post 1 year ago

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
I just hope she is hot, stays a lipstick lesbian and wears the same costume!
Ditto. I think I might have said this before, but if Madelaine Petsch got the role and could keep up with the physicality to play it, that would be awesome, especially since she looks a lot like Kendra James!

Abductorenmadrid
Overlord
Overlord
Wales
Liked Posts: 40

Post 1 year ago

Hmmm, I've never had a clear picture of what one of my story villains looks like but Madelaine Petsch really fits with what I need!

My avatar courtesy of sleepy-comics.deviantart.com
This is all the stuff I've done here.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone about this!

" ..[AEM] .. you're a very strange man." - DrDominator9

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Wales
Liked Posts: 113

Post 1 year ago

Kendra for the win!
154f6f96f6a9935d9f68d4dbd74e1a54.jpg
154f6f96f6a9935d9f68d4dbd74e1a54.jpg (94.84 KiB) Viewed 447 times
SGWriter

How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).

• Information