What kind of powers are best for a peril-prone heroine?

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
Damselbinder
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

What kind of powers are best for a peril-prone heroine?

Post by Damselbinder »

Pretty much what it says on the tin. What kind of power or power-set makes for either the most enticing, or most narratively interesting superheroine in our little micro-genre?
A full list of my stories can be found here, with summaries to boot: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32027

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Re: What kind of powers are best for a peril-prone heroine?

Post by batgirl1969 »

A girl who has to yell a magic word to become powerful, Like She-Ra or Mary Marvel....so the Ballgag is her main weakness and while she looks the same and is as sexy as her non-powered self, she is much more innocent as her non-power self.

or a Heroine who gets her powers because she is a virgin, pure...angelic and that keeps her supsr strong

ksire_99
Overlord
Overlord

Post by ksire_99 »

My favorite power is not really a power at all. It is that she is a formidable opponent until one simple weakness is found. Such as; Kryptonite, chloro, simple binding, ball gag, or their chastity...

Not necessarily in that order :evil:

Mlod
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mlod »

Generally anything that can be voluntarily turned off/weakened, for example to go undercover or otherwise pass, balancing not being found out with succumbing to whatever peril it is (or being found out and having to try and be able to reverse it as they are in a trouble of their own making)

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Post by DrDominator9 »

Not to be too much of a brown-noser here, damselbinder, but I thought that your character Spectra's power to use light as a very formidable weapon was brilliant (pun intended) but the fact that she took that light through her eyes and could be thwarted with a blindfold was even better!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025&p=163444#p163444

Get Your Exxon
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Get Your Exxon »

More than power(s) the key is arrogance. Matching the right villain is also important but the secret sauce lies in the writer's ability to craft a memorable humbling. Wen it comes to deafeating those who supposedly can’t be beat, the fall is what I’m after.

Damselbinder
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Damselbinder »

More than power(s) the key is arrogance. Matching the right villain is also important but the secret sauce lies in the writer's ability to craft a memorable humbling. Wen it comes to deafeating those who supposedly can’t be beat, the fall is what I’m after.
I'm not entirely sure I agree. Having a heroine who's careful, doesn't overestimate herself, and does everything right... and still gets defeated and captured can be kind of fun as well. It's just so unfair, gosh darn it!
A full list of my stories can be found here, with summaries to boot: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32027

Femina
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Femina »

Yeah It's generally a hard pass on the 'arrogance' for me. To me that direction often feels like it comes from a more misogynistic place. Like 'dang that one girl who didn't want to dance with me at the prom that one time! She thinks she is soooo awesome!' and then taking that out in a superheroine fantasy, paint her as 'arrogant' and then bam! Fantasy fulfilled, getting even with the woman who didn't want to dance with you, and surely not for any reason accept that she was a total bitch.

That came out probably more accusatory than its meant. It's certainly not angled at you specifically Exxon xD. I obviously don't know WHY anyone here is here and what events (or lack of events even) in their lives acted as the inciting factor toward finding fascination in our little corner of the world... I don't think anybody wanting the heroine to be arrogant in the tale is somehow 'doing fetish wrong' or anything. Only that from my OWN perspective as a woman whose primarily involved in empathizing with the heroine rather than embodying the villain or acting the 'impartial observer' it's much more enticing for me personally when the heroine is ALL HERO, does everything as right and well as she could possibly be expected to... and comes into the peril anyway. As DB stated above it's just unfair xD, and for me that unfairness is part of the kink.
Last edited by Femina 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Damselbinder
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Damselbinder »

Not to be too much of a brown-noser here, damselbinder, but I thought that your character Spectra's power to use light as a very formidable weapon was brilliant (pun intended) but the fact that she took that light through her eyes and could be thwarted with a blindfold was even better!
You flatter me.

This is something to which I have no objections.

DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

Post by DonShip »

I'm so Old School Linda Carter Wonder Woman that removing her power belt (or some other item that bestows super powers) is what I like best. Also, when they have to hide behind a mask and live with the threat of being discovered amps up the tension for me.

cannonfodder
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cannonfodder »

Mental or Enhancement abilities that take focus. Where a distraction can cause them to waiver or unable to summon their full strength. Super Senses can also be fun to turn against them.

krispin21
Corporal
Corporal

Post by krispin21 »

I'm into fighting and wrestling. So my fantasy is a slim superheroine very strong with her superpowers, but weak without powers,with her normal petite and frail body, against a not superpowered but larger stronger bigger titted villainess.

Damselbinder
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Damselbinder »

Mental or Enhancement abilities that take focus. Where a distraction can cause them to waiver or unable to summon their full strength. Super Senses can also be fun to turn against them.
As far as the super senses thing go, I made a whole character around that!

sneakly
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Post by sneakly »

A girl who has to yell a magic word to become powerful, Like She-Ra or Mary Marvel....so the Ballgag is her main weakness and while she looks the same and is as sexy as her non-powered self, she is much more innocent as her non-power self.

or a Heroine who gets her powers because she is a virgin, pure...angelic and that keeps her supsr strong
Any power that can be neutralized or prevented with big thick gag. Mary Batson couldn’t turn into Mary Marvel if she were gagged. The original Wonder Woman was neutralized if she were in bondage, another favorite way to depose a heroine. I have often thought being depowered by an orgasm would be an interesting Achilles heel, especially if she was a sex addict with a danger fetish. Unable to escape the lure of going alone into the obvious trap.

The best part of Superman was alway that he was so indestructible that Louis Lane was his weakness. Dump her in an elaborate death trap and he was automatically out of your way until she was found and rescued.