Why isn’t superheroine peril of any kind at comic-con?

General discussions about superheroines!
LaundryGuy101
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I always wondered why producers never got a both at a comic-con. I mean it seems like a no brainer to me. Hot superheroine babes at a con full of happy geeks. The only people to ever go to a con as far as I can remember was Cross The Line films and they did a great job. They had their actresses in full costume and everything.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Unless it's an adult convention where the attendees are all eighteen years of age or older, you don't want to have children anywhere near content that involves bondage, women acting sexual, or any type of peril. A superheroines-in-peril producer (who shall not be named) tried that in 2014 at a comic convention in Philadelphia. He made it through to Saturday afternoon and then he went a bit too far with the girls and the bondage and a dad grabbed the guy right out of the booth and beat the crap out of him for being a pervert. It didn't end well for the superheroine producer. The con perma-banned him.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Holmes.jpg
Holmes.jpg (36.65 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yep, all great points and totally forgot about that...NOW the horror monster related cons I have been to are MUCH more open to the adult stuff...much...more.....open!!!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

LaundryGuy101 wrote:
5 years ago
I always wondered why producers never got a both at a comic-con. I mean it seems like a no brainer to me. Hot superheroine babes at a con full of happy geeks. The only people to ever go to a con as far as I can remember was Cross The Line films and they did a great job. They had their actresses in full costume and everything.

Yeah I agree with @Shakeshift . Plus, at the time, Cross The Line wasn't crossing the line yet and still producing YouTube friendly superheroine action movies. So they were a good fit.
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

I believe Superheroine Demise went to San Diego one year! I recall a few pictures of Wren Andrews walking around in a Power Woman like costume!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bugsy44 wrote:
5 years ago
I believe Superheroine Demise went to San Diego one year! I recall a few pictures of Wren Andrews walking around in a Power Woman like costume!
We were there that same year with Tanya Danielle. Shakeshift pretty much nailed it. Every time some kid passed our booth I was sweating bullets. The worst was when little girls wanted to have their pics taken with Tanya and the dads were like "duhhh surrreee" cause you know Tanya was there as a sex object and the kid had no idea what that was about.
Bugsy44
Henchman
Henchman

I have often wondered what exactly the "geeks" are looking for a the comic cons?

Now I have only ever been to a couple of small ones! What I would think would get attention really doesn't! I have seen some sexy ladies strolling around in costume and they are barely noticed.

I am a bit of a toy geek and have often wondered how companies like Hot Toys have never created a Linda Carter Wonder Woman or an Yvonne Craig Batgirl? But they are 30 different Iron Man's?

Just thoughts! I am done now!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would say most comic con patrons are not there to see cosplay girls or boys. They have interests. They like shows. They like movies and comics.

That's why I laugh when someone gets upset about some cosplay girl or sexy pose in a comic book. No one is buying a comic just for the sexy pose, if they are its an edge case. I go to model train shows all the time and there's no hot chics there and no one would sell more product of some hot chic was dressed in a sexy engineer outfit.

As for the Linda Carter or Craig Batgirl toy I've seen those but I think there is licensing issues if you try to make the toy look like the actress.
shevek
Producer
Producer

True, there are a few lookie-loos here and there who like to sneak quick cellphone shots, but I usually catch them and tell them, "Hey, if you're going to take that photo and post it, that's cool, but please hashtag #Heroineburgh", so we at least get some Internet presence out of it. I think the most risque comment we got out of a photo being posted was something like "That's my lightsaber, I swear." So overall, if you stick to PG-13 and being a good role model (taking photos with kids actually helps, and handing them promo stickers), staffing your booth with radiant actresses in beautiful superheroine costumes is a positive thing at a Con. I can't wait to bring Christina back, for example, to play Poderosa when we return in December - she is really enthusiastic and will make a great impression.
LadySapphire

Comic con has a a lot to lose and i feel that having any peril stuff there will be a sure fire way to get protested and it would contradict their efforts to stop sexual harassment at the cons.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

If you want to see women being objectified in skimpy costumes and tied up in bondage, just be okay with pulling out the wallet and being prepared to pay the double-sized fee for an adult con to see that happen. A regular con is about $50-$75 for a weekend, and an adult con is about $100-$150 to attend for the same amount of time. The extra fee is well worth it, because I don't want kids scrambling around screaming and crying. At least with adult cons it's much less crowded and much more quiet and you don't have to worry about asking a booth girl any questions which might be flagged as "off-color" or culturally inappropriate for the situation. It's just a matter of negotiating for what you want and what your price point is going to be to SEE what you want. I went one year with my assistant and she was okay with some REALLY weird stuff as long as she was well compensated for doing it in her Wonder Woman costume.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Shakeshift wrote:
5 years ago
I went one year with my assistant and she was okay with some REALLY weird stuff as long as she was well compensated for doing it in her Wonder Woman costume.
you cannot throw that out and not leave it at that, we need to know some of the weird stuff!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^Now , now, this isn't Doctor Ruth, we only share what we wanna share
Plus your use of the double negative means you're fine with it anyway! lol :giggle:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
pindar71
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Shakeshift wrote:
5 years ago
If you want to see women being objectified in skimpy costumes and tied up in bondage, just be okay with pulling out the wallet and being prepared to pay the double-sized fee for an adult con to see that happen. A regular con is about $50-$75 for a weekend, and an adult con is about $100-$150 to attend for the same amount of time. The extra fee is well worth it, because I don't want kids scrambling around screaming and crying. At least with adult cons it's much less crowded and much more quiet and you don't have to worry about asking a booth girl any questions which might be flagged as "off-color" or culturally inappropriate for the situation. It's just a matter of negotiating for what you want and what your price point is going to be to SEE what you want. I went one year with my assistant and she was okay with some REALLY weird stuff as long as she was well compensated for doing it in her Wonder Woman costume.
Where are the best adult cons for this sort of fetish? I'm asking for a friend :lynda1: :blush: :blush: :blush:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

pindar71 wrote:
5 years ago

Where are the best adult cons for this sort of fetish? I'm asking for a friend :lynda1: :blush: :blush: :blush:
Fetish con.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Fetishcon.

www.fetishcon.com

The con is held every year in early August in St. Petersburg, FL. (across the bay from Tampa) and there are a lot of elements that cater directly to superheroines in peril since Vesta is one of the owners and she also owns www.leagueofamazingwomen.com

There is an event there called the "Superheroine Showdown" hosted each year by George Perez (yes, THAT George Perez) which is superheroine-in-peril themed where you can see a live performance of a dozen or so various superheroines getting attacked by villains and tied up on the stage. Photographs and video are always encouraged at this event.

There is also a "fan free" photoshoot each year where the models come down and pose for free for any photographers who are interested in taking photos. Many of the girls who pose are dressed like superheroines.

There are also plenty of 'private' V.I.P. parties held in the big suites which host a lot of superheroine-in-peril themed events. In 2016 there was one called "The Nazi Dungeon" which had a handful of cosplayers dressed as Wonder Woman (and one Supergirl) and you could do play scenes with them like you were a Nazi soldier and they were your prisoner. Groping and grabbing and tying up. Last year there was a private party where four girls were dressed like various superheroines from the Avengers and Justice League and they stripped and lezzed out in the center of the room on a wrestling mat sort of playpen and guys could pay to play. Stuff like that.
pindar71
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Shakeshift wrote:
5 years ago
Fetishcon.

www.fetishcon.com

The con is held every year in early August in St. Petersburg, FL. (across the bay from Tampa) and there are a lot of elements that cater directly to superheroines in peril since Vesta is one of the owners and she also owns www.leagueofamazingwomen.com

There is an event there called the "Superheroine Showdown" hosted each year by George Perez (yes, THAT George Perez) which is superheroine-in-peril themed where you can see a live performance of a dozen or so various superheroines getting attacked by villains and tied up on the stage. Photographs and video are always encouraged at this event.

There is also a "fan free" photoshoot each year where the models come down and pose for free for any photographers who are interested in taking photos. Many of the girls who pose are dressed like superheroines.

There are also plenty of 'private' V.I.P. parties held in the big suites which host a lot of superheroine-in-peril themed events. In 2016 there was one called "The Nazi Dungeon" which had a handful of cosplayers dressed as Wonder Woman (and one Supergirl) and you could do play scenes with them like you were a Nazi soldier and they were your prisoner. Groping and grabbing and tying up. Last year there was a private party where four girls were dressed like various superheroines from the Avengers and Justice League and they stripped and lezzed out in the center of the room on a wrestling mat sort of playpen and guys could pay to play. Stuff like that.
Thank you!!
pindar71
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Mr. X wrote:
5 years ago
pindar71 wrote:
5 years ago

Fetish con.
Thank you!!!
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's very simple. If children are going to be at your thing, leave your kinky shit out of it. I'm not a proponent of 'hiding' the world from kids, I don't think we should be defending them from REALITY... but I do believe wholeheartedly that kids should be allowed to figure it out for themselves without the added pressure and complications of OUR shit leaking down at them while they're minds are impressionable and more likely to pick up OUR SHIT from our shit leaking down than they are likely to come to their own opinions on it free of outside influence.

Your fetish shit doesn't belong in the middle of the road anyway. Only a small portion of the world shares our sexual interests, and most of them don't want to have to just 'deal' and turn their heads away from the booth where they're performing a scene of Wonder Woman being chloroformed and raped any more than most of us want to go to a grocery store full of furies waking off.

All's fair behind the curtain, but its still polite to leave the curtain up/put a hat on the doorknob... and our fetish is definitively a set up behind the curtain sort of deal.