Found Night Shadow Actress! Really! Not Kidding!!

General discussions about superheroines!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Here's the actress of movie: Night Shadow (2016).
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1422959/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

Scroll down to Actress section, where it says Night Shadow movie is completed. OK, so her character name doesn't specifically call her Night Shadow, but she seems to be the lead, so how can she not be.

Wish there were stills of her or stunt double in costume. I wanna see how it turned out.

And here I thought it was never gonna happen. (Really, that's what I thought!)

Here's the Night Shadow (2016) IMDB movie page.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5868900/?r ... flmg_act_1

Also indicates movie completed. Which is confusing, cause I'm pretty sure we were told it's in pre-production. ???

Here's the cast and crew page.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5868900/fu ... t_ov_st_sm

Written and Directed by Kai Freyleue. OK, that's not what I expected, but maybe whatshisname is using an alias. ???

Not much other info, but here's the storyline...
Open to interpretation and completely out of order, this nonlinear film chronicles the days leading up to a school shooting - and the masked vigilante behind it all
See!
:rarrow: "masked vigilante."
This has gotta be it! Right?

No indication that it's coming to a theater anytime soon tho, or ever. What's really weird tho is wasn't the kickstarter in 2016 February. How'd it get done so fast??

IMDB must have the completed year wrong.

I'll research more later.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

WOW!!! She is GORGEOUS!!! Look at that hair!!!!
I would love to see this
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

IMDB is not reliable about movies that aren't released. I've seen interviews with major actors where this source was the first time they had heard they were associated with a movie.
Bert

Just a coincidental name similarity. This isn't Logan.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I suspect he knew that Bert
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
4 years ago
Just a coincidental name similarity. This isn't Logan.
Yeah, I know.

And while I'm not kidding that I found 'a' Night Shadow actress, I am kidding that this movie has anything to do with Logan. We all know the...
a studio-budget superhero movie based on Nightshadow with worldwide theatrical distribution
is not a studio-budget superhero movie and
will not have worldwide theatrical distribution.

Now, on the other hand, MY studio-budget superhero movie that's fully-financed and on its way to worldwide theatrical distribution is totally happening. It's a go, totally greenlit. The A-list actress starring in it is a total secret tho, as is the major studio behind its financing, which is common place with these kinds of big budget movies, as you well know. Like, for example, Disney/Marvel's Captain Marvel movie with Brie Larson and Warner Bros n DC's Wonder Woman movie with Gal Gadot.
:joker:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Bert

Ughh! I hate being the patsy! :hmmm:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
4 years ago
Ughh! I hate being the patsy! :hmmm:
As do all the Nightshadow Kickstarter patsies! Oh, the poor, unfulfilled Nightshadow backers. :sad:
Altho some I imagine are still falling for the stringing along year after year. :ninja: :D

Not sure yet about the patsies of the "$100 for all theSuperheroines.com Videos (Entire 400+ Video Catalog -- mp4 Downloads)." Not that $100 isn't a good deal for all the videos, even I think that's a good deal. It's the ever continuous "site closing" routine (like this december 1, 2019) that's patsy inducing.
thesuperheroines wrote:
4 years ago
The site was meant to auto-close last month :horse: [aka november 2019] but I had an 'oh, dammit, oh well' moment when I saw the site auto-renew... so it will not renew again, thus, this is the final month [aka december 2019], although I may manually close it sooner [oh no! but of course he may, & so likely too!] based on travel and other circumstances.
Luckily for last minute shoppers, it's "open for about another week" past end of december 2019 as announced in this post on 12/31/19...
thesuperheroines wrote:
4 years ago
Happy New Year 2020, everyone! Please have a safe holiday with family and friends to bring in this upcoming prosperous New Year!

Our site subscription expires in about a week :horse: so we want to again thank you all for the wonderful support and we look forward to entertaining you in the future through a new comic book company and theatrical + streaming content!

Stay blessed!
And imagine our luck that uncannily, the website is yet still open beyond the expires in about a week! Fortune smiles on us, but wait...

Oh No! Is this yet another "I had an 'oh, dammit, oh well' moment when I saw the site auto-renew". Curses!

That "I've gone through my own spiritual journey over the last 3 years" is reeking havok with the poor guys ability to prevent his site from auto-renewing! Yet another 'oh, dammit, oh well' moment to suffer.

But all to our benefit!

Tomorrow will be two weeks, and I'm consumed with worry about the chances, the odds. What are the chances that the website that's closing last month (december) and now this month (january) expiring, will still be open thru end of January 2020, and thru February 2020, thru March 2020, and beyond.

Based on his past marketing behaviour and ongoing routine since 2016, thru 2017, 2018, 2019, and now 2020...is there an educated guess to make? I just don't know! I'm not that smart to figure it out! How can we possibly have any idea?!

:wizard: :santa: :pope: :graduated: :albert: :ninja:
Oh wizards of the crystal ball association, please help us!

the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I am one of the Nightshadow backers and thought (for the last 1or 2 years at least) the movie would never see the light of day.
Until some hours ago.
There was an update on the Kickstarter page.
Short Summary:
They are finishing a project before starting final preproduction for nightshadow in the coming months.
The plan is now to have at least 5 movies in the nightshadow universe they created in the last years (with 400+ characters).
Casting is about to happen this year.
They dealt with some problems in the past but now have established a lot of contacts to make these movies happen.
At the end of february all kickstarter backers will get a refund for the money they have invested, and also the perks will be delivered.
Don't know how this is supposed to happen soon since the perks I choose are mostly only available as the movie is finished.
They wanna shoot the movie in january/february 2021 in Texas and California.
The release should be around fall 2021.

Well, hard to tell how realistic these promises are. After all the movie was backed in february 2016(!). The shooting is still a year away.
However the promise to refund the backers at the end of next month is interesting. That isn't far away and hopefully it will happen.
If it will, I would be very optimistic again about this project......until then....I am rather pessimistic.
After all this is one of only 2 projects that I helped to finance on kickstarter. Would be cool if the long waiting time would pay off one day.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Bert

Nope, I'm not falling for another one. :blink:
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

TRANSLATION - This movie isn't going anywhere. Someone however probably threatened legal action against the parent company for failure to produce content, and they're feigning activity on the film in order to get the heat off of them temporarily.

I would be willing to bet that the funds raised for this movie in 2016 are already long gone, and that there's no serious intent to create the movie. Part of the backlash in 2015-2018 against these crowd-sourced film projects is that there was little you could do if people just took your donated money and partied their ass off with it. It's like free money to them. Nowadays, crowdsourcing has more strict security to keep that kind of abuse from happening, but four or five years ago, everybody was running the con game on people with disposable incomes and money to burn.
Bert

I wonder what Logan has planned now? He has finally whittled his last few bucks out of the sweatshop movie production operation he ran by offering the entire catalog for $100. When he first said he was pulling the site down, like 4 years ago, he was selling the entire catalog on a hard drive for $3,500. He's been living off that cash cow ever since with threats of shutting down and falling prices. I think it's pretty much over now. His BMW and steroid bills must be piling up. He's burned so many bridges it's hard to imagine a return to our genre, and his movie aspirations are a joke because he lacks any writing or storytelling talent. I guess he'll drift off into the night like a shadow.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Shakeshift wrote:
4 years ago
....., but four or five years ago, everybody was running the con game on people with disposable incomes and money to burn.
Well, I don't have money to burn with my income, but as I mentioned above this is one of only 2 projects I crowdfunded.
One paid off quite well.
This is the other one, and so far was a big disapointment and made me cautious about other projects.
I somehow still hope that these refunds will happen at the end of next month.
Well, I keep you guys posted.
In the worst case I lost these 25$.
That would be bad.
On the other hand I lost much more in videos that didn't delivered as planned and which I only saw once.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Don't forget it's a leap year, in case you were planning to spend your refund on the 28th.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
I am one of the Nightshadow backers and thought (for the last 1or 2 years at least) the movie would never see the light of day.
Glad to know a backer of this. Wonder if anyone else around here is.

Which of the $25 pledge for rewards did you do?

1... download of movie, exclusive BTS website, 10 wallpapers, shout out
Pledge $25 or more
ORDER OF WRAITH GIFT:

SUMMARY: Digital Download of Movie, Behind-the-Scenes Web Portal, Set of 10 Downloadable Digital Wallpapers, Social Media Shot-out, Website Special Thanks

DETAILS:
Once the film, 'Nightshadow', is released for public view and legally allowed to be released to you guys, it will be sent straight to your emails for immediate download of the film!

PLUS, while you wait for the film to be shot, you can see it all come together! We will include a direct website link given only to Kickstarter supporters which will contain access to exclusive photos and videos during production of the movie!

-PLUS you get all of the Rewards above!

ESTIMATED DELIVERY
Jul 2017
56 backers
2... download of movie, 10 page comic, 10 wallpapers
Pledge $25 or more
NEW $25

You get our first 10-page comic book (DC Comics Artist) download plus the movie 'Nightshadow' download when it releases and 10 custom wallpapers of the main characters for your phone or desktop!

*Estimated Delivery varies per item. You will receive each as soon as possible.
**All items are digitally downloadable.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY
Jun 2016
14 backers
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

About the only thing you can do in these situations is throw some very bright light on crowd-sourced "producers" whenever they pop up again and try hustling for more victims thinking that enough time has passed by that it's safe to start conning people again.

If it's one thing that roaches can't stand, it's bright light shining on them, and being made to confront their incompetency through screencaps and evidence of financial wrongdoing. It's 10x harder to run a con game on new people if everywhere you go people are pointing out that you can't make anything competent in filmmaking and just want the free money. Showing everyone evidence that the producer is a proven loser is always helpful. It shows everyone that he or she has no marketable skills, and therefore doesn't know what they're doing and just wants free money to play with.

Yeah.... pass. Everyone should just pass. It's like throwing money in the garbage disposal when it comes to Logan. If he's not going to make movies, then he needs to stop talking about it like he's not broke AF and completely out of gas as a company.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago

^ That one.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Shakeshift wrote:
4 years ago
About the only thing you can do in these situations is throw some very bright light on crowd-sourced "producers" whenever they pop up again and try hustling for more victims thinking that enough time has passed by that it's safe to start conning people again.

If it's one thing that roaches can't stand, it's bright light shining on them, and being made to confront their incompetency through screencaps and evidence of financial wrongdoing. It's 10x harder to run a con game on new people if everywhere you go people are pointing out that you can't make anything competent in filmmaking and just want the free money. Showing everyone evidence that the producer is a proven loser is always helpful. It shows everyone that he or she has no marketable skills, and therefore doesn't know what they're doing and just wants free money to play with.

Yeah.... pass. Everyone should just pass. It's like throwing money in the garbage disposal when it comes to Logan. If he's not going to make movies, then he needs to stop talking about it like he's not broke AF and completely out of gas as a company.
Seems like he is your arch-enemy ;)

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago

^ That one.
I see.
Was kinda hoping you got the one with the 10 page comic, so I could ask how you liked that.

Did you get the 10 wallpapers? Since it's been taking so long, they coulda had the comic book artist do them, or at least a few, as artwork.

Well, here's hoping you get your perks & refunds as promised.
This might have something to do with the movement to offer refunds...
https://learn.launchboom.com/if-you-can ... 22395cd151
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

The whale doesn't want any minnows claiming a piece of the pie.
IIRC there were in-the-movie naming rights and name drops that can't be fulfilled if there's no movie, and would be a drag on the production and final product if there is a movie.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago

^ That one.
Did you get the 10 wallpapers? Since it's been taking so long, they coulda had the comic book artist do them, or at least a few, as artwork.
So I guess no answer means none of the 10 wallpapers were given to backers? Not one?
Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
Until some hours ago.
There was an update on the Kickstarter page.
Short Summary:

At the end of february all kickstarter backers will get a refund for the money they have invested, and also the perks will be delivered.
Don't know how this is supposed to happen soon since the perks I choose are mostly only available as the movie is finished.

Well then, come end of february 2020, backers get refunds and backers eligible for 10 wallpapers will be getting them. Maybe we'll get to see one or two. :cylon:

You can make one the background pic on your website!
nightshadow_wallpaper.png
nightshadow_wallpaper.png (31.35 KiB) Viewed 6174 times
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago
So I guess no answer means none of the 10 wallpapers were given to backers? Not one?

Well then, come end of february 2020, backers get refunds and backers eligible for 10 wallpapers will be getting them. Maybe we'll get to see one or two. :cylon:

You can make one the background pic on your website!
nightshadow_wallpaper.png
So far, I got none of these perks.
But well, to produce them they should start casting/filming first.
Hard to make wallpapers if you haven't casted anyone so far....
Will keep you guys updated.

Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Was the promise that the wallpapers would be actual stills from the finished film, or actual stills from the production shoot, or just promotional stills?
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Imagineer wrote:
4 years ago
Was the promise that the wallpapers would be actual stills from the finished film, or actual stills from the production shoot, or just promotional stills?

:manual: :ninja:

NIghtshadow $10 Pledge.png
NIghtshadow $10 Pledge.png (52.84 KiB) Viewed 6086 times

SUMMARY:
Set of 10 Downloadable Digital Wallpapers...

DETAILS:
We will be creating a special edition set of HD Resolution, Nighthshadow-branded Desktop Wallpapers you can use for your phone or computer! Each image will be uniquely created and feature a key element or character from the Nightshadow universe!

So $10 or more gets the 10 wallpapers reward (perk). 171 backers pledged $10 or more.

Delivery estimate April 2016. Now it's January 2020, that's three years + 9 months delay so far. Well, here's looking to end of February 2020 for newly announced delivery.

He said somewhere he planned to start shooting May 2016, so seems these estimated April 2016 10 wallpapers were to be created before production (aka shooting of movie).

I wonder what a 'key element' wallpaper was going to be. Maybe one of the key elements is his white BMW. :joker:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The claim of "a 400+-character comic book universe" is batshit crazy. Perhaps the new business model is to cram as many Logan creations as possible into a few online comics and then copyright troll anyone who comes up with any similar characters.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

400+ comic characters is a crazy claim to make in and of itself just for the fact that anyone who has seen his videos can safely attest that Logan just.... isn't all that good at what he does. Certainly not at making characters.

If he was that talented, he'd still be in business instead of washing out early on. Logan faded out sort of quickly, all things considered.

"I have 400+ characters in my extended universe!"

SURE you do.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

"I have 400+ characters in my extended universe!"

Until you subtract all the ones based on DC and Marvel characters that can only be used as parody without infringement complaints
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Do you even get shadows at night? Shouldn't she be called Day Shadow?
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

lionbadger wrote:
4 years ago
Answer 1 = sure

Shadows at Night images

Answer 2 = No, No, No! Superheroine Daylight, and her evil twin Dayshadow, are comic book characters in my 400,000,000 character comic book universe. They're only for me to use. Me, me, me!! Mine, mine, mine!!

Ah, who am I kiddin'? I should not make such loser claims. Truth is, none of my comic book characters have ever appeared in a comic book. It's all just a dream I pretend is real, but sadly isn't a thing. I beg your forgiveness.

Or wait...hmm...I could actually draw a few pages comic book. But that would take time away from driving my white BMW and working out at the gym. Yeah, I dunno. It's not like I have any backers who pledged me good money ($25 or $50 or $100 on up) to get a 10-page comic book reward. Well, time to go to the gym and not think about this at all. :cap:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago
But that would take time away from driving my white BMW
What are you, like a 90s satellite town drug dealer?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

lionbadger wrote:
4 years ago
Yes there's this big shiny thing called the moon that reflects what scientists term 'sunlight' , which they then rename as 'moonlight' just to confuse us and that creates shadows when the moon is up. Perhaps we only get it in Wales because we are so posh.
Mike Oldfield knew someone who was carried away by a moonlight shadow.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... rlEv3XaaQ5

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
Yes there's this big shiny thing called the moon that reflects what scientists term 'sunlight' , which they then rename as 'moonlight' just to confuse us and that creates shadows when the moon is up. Perhaps we only get it in Wales because we are so posh.
nice try, but everyone knows there is no such thing as the moon, it's just the back of the sun, it was made up in the 50s by the vietnamese to get rid of the notoriously superstitous, cheese worshiping french
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

As a sincere 'Thank You' from all of us at Cross the Line, we will be issuing refunds for all backers by the end of February. We are working with Kickstarter and each of you to ensure you all receive your money back. We feel that it is integrous for us to add the backing monies to our film budget while absorbing the Kickstarter fees at a time when many Americans and citizens of the world could use more money in their accounts.

On the same token, we will be honoring all remaining Kickstarter perks that were promised as a part of our campaign. Without you, this would not have been possible.
This is so exciting. In 15 days is "end of February." And by then, this will happen...

Cross the Line, we will be issuing refunds for all backers by the end of February.

I'm so excited for all the backers. All you backers should definitely thank Logan for your refund when you get it by end of February. Definitely go to above link, and thank Logan at Nightshadow Kickstarter pages. I wish now I had donated way back when, just so I can go there and post to thank him for refund (and also ask him when I should expect my "perks" to be fulfilled aka we will be honoring all remaining Kickstarter perks that were promised as a part of our campaign)
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Bert

Just...wow. So, now - as opposed to those other times when Americans and citizens of the world didn't need the money? I'm sure this has nothing to do with Logan being forced to refund people's money by Kickstarter for utterly failing to deliver as promised. He's just being integrous. Some things never change.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

I wonder what steps are in the process of issuing a refund, and how long they take.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

I think it goes without saying that he won't be issuing anybody any refunds. There will be a reason why he can't. I'm not sure what it is, but there'll be a reason.

Guys like him ALWAYS have a reason why they can't give the stolen money back. They're don't know the first thing about business. It's why their companies never succeed. His company collapsed for a reason. Mismanagement and greed.

Darwin says only those suited to survive will survive. How long did it take for his company to fall to pieces?
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

You're not entirely right there, Shakeshift. His company/website didn't collapse, I am sure if he would have kept doing clips he would still be in the mix as of now, releasing many videos every month and selling a lot of them.
The problem is that at some point he got bored and/or realized that the next logical 'step' was making a movie with a relatively sizeble budget and a wide distribution. Problem is: that step was clearly too big for him. Wayyyy too big.
It's not easy to find high profiled backers willing to toss a semi-unknown producer like him a big chunk of money, just in the hope to obtain a product that who knows if it will ever be profitable ... or break even.
The competition out there is insane, the top movies have hundreds of millions of budget, top directors/VFX artists, known/iconic actors/comic book characters, where does he stand compared to that ... ? Nowhere.
He probably self-plagiated his own mind and liked the idea to try that (ok, I guess he was totally sure he could do that), but due to his ego he didn't consider that some walls aren't actually just 'walls', but real, proper mountains impossible to climb.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So did everyone who contributed to the Kickstarter campaign get the promised reimbursement?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Heroine Addict wrote:
4 years ago
So did everyone who contributed to the Kickstarter campaign get the promised reimbursement?
:giggle: :laugh: :lol:

Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Not this leap day, next leap day.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Here is the message I received.....so get ready to........... slander:

----------------
"Hi everyone,

We are in the process of issuing refunds, however, during our initial test refund, we encountered an error. After some research, we found that the backer had closed the bank account they used to contribute and could not update their bank account information nor could we redirect the funds another way within Kickstarter.

So, we are working on another solution. Fortunately, our decision to refund the backers was voluntary so we are not racing any clocks so to speak. At this time, we are looking at options through PayPal, personal bank account wires, etc to show the paper trail and ensure that everyone is equally accommodated. Once we reach a resolution, we will reach out to your Kickstarter profile and if possible, direct email, to facilitate this process.

Processing refunds through Kickstarter is not typical unless a project doesn't fulfill what it said it would. We were able to create the initial Nightshadow costume and secure financing for the film as well as the initial comic book, so our commitments were completed.

In regards to a few questions I received regarding the perks which will absolutely be fulfilled, these are not time-sensitive. The comic book will be delivered digitally, as promised, once we finalize the acquisition of a new technology for the comic book platform. Our first comic book is in an interactive digital format, which is very exciting.

Any perks related to naming objects in the film will be communicated as we approach principle photography. We do have an industry-related project in the pipeline which must be completed prior to filming Nightshadow. Once we wrap that up, we can proceed.

Digital Wallpapers and/or anything pertaining to characters will be provided once casting has been completed and we are in pre-production, ready for principle photography so image and likeness will be as accurate as possible.

As an aside, along our journey we expanded far beyond comic books and film. The extra time is attributed to the formation of these corporate entities as they all play a synergistic role in our roadmap.

We want to thank everyone once more for their support and will update very shortly once our team comes to an acceptable solution to ensure everyone is taken care of.

All the best,

Logan

-----

I guess this should turn the heat on in this topic.....

Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

This is better than a Kickstarter i backed where he moved jurisdictions to avoid prosecution for fraud, selling the reward physical items to another company instead of delivering them to the backers and then shortchanged the buyer with less than he was sup\posed to deliver, and other illegalities.
Bert

Logan is a world class bullshit artist, so even if there are a few grains of truth scattered throughout that message, I guarantee most of it is fabrication.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It seems like one can anticipate a hardship at every step of the alleged refund process. Any prediction of what the next obstacle may be?
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Bert

Coronavirus? Meteor shower? Logan fakes his own death?
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Am I reading it right?

They picked one backer, tried to issue a refund, and discovered that particular backer's payment account was no longer valid.

So they're not going to try to issue anyone any refunds until they figure out another way to refund everyone. They'll figure that out on their own, and only then will they reach out to backers to coordinate refunds.

I wonder why they don't reach out first to find out how many backers' payment accounts are still valid, issue credits to those accounts, and then just cut checks for the remainder.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

sugarcoater wrote:
4 years ago
It seems like one can anticipate a hardship at every step of the alleged refund process. Any prediction of what the next obstacle may be?
Aliens. Its always aliens.

Bert

Imagineer wrote:
4 years ago
Am I reading it right?

They picked one backer, tried to issue a refund, and discovered that particular backer's payment account was no longer valid.

So they're not going to try to issue anyone any refunds until they figure out another way to refund everyone. They'll figure that out on their own, and only then will they reach out to backers to coordinate refunds.

I wonder why they don't reach out first to find out how many backers' payment accounts are still valid, issue credits to those accounts, and then just cut checks for the remainder.
It's only a logical inconsistency if any of it is true, which it isn't.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

When you're looking for an excuse, why keep going after finding one.

Save the search for when the first excuse is resolved.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
Here is the message I received.....so get ready to........... slander:

----------------
"Hi everyone,

We are in the process of issuing refunds, however, during our initial test refund, we encountered an error. After some research, we found that the backer had closed the bank account they used to contribute and could not update their bank account information nor could we redirect the funds another way within Kickstarter.

So, we are working on another solution. Fortunately, our decision to refund the backers was voluntary so we are not racing any clocks so to speak. At this time, we are looking at options through PayPal, personal bank account wires, etc to show the paper trail and ensure that everyone is equally accommodated. Once we reach a resolution, we will reach out to your Kickstarter profile and if possible, direct email, to facilitate this process.

Processing refunds through Kickstarter is not typical unless a project doesn't fulfill what it said it would. We were able to create the initial Nightshadow costume and secure financing for the film as well as the initial comic book, so our commitments were completed.

In regards to a few questions I received regarding the perks which will absolutely be fulfilled, these are not time-sensitive. The comic book will be delivered digitally, as promised, once we finalize the acquisition of a new technology for the comic book platform. Our first comic book is in an interactive digital format, which is very exciting.

Any perks related to naming objects in the film will be communicated as we approach principle photography. We do have an industry-related project in the pipeline which must be completed prior to filming Nightshadow. Once we wrap that up, we can proceed.

Digital Wallpapers and/or anything pertaining to characters will be provided once casting has been completed and we are in pre-production, ready for principle photography so image and likeness will be as accurate as possible.

As an aside, along our journey we expanded far beyond comic books and film. The extra time is attributed to the formation of these corporate entities as they all play a synergistic role in our roadmap.

We want to thank everyone once more for their support and will update very shortly once our team comes to an acceptable solution to ensure everyone is taken care of.

All the best,

Logan

-----

I guess this should turn the heat on in this topic.....
Since you're a backer, I'm curious about your take on this?

I mean, we can see the above is loads of BS, but why are no backers challenging this obvious fraudster? Does not a single one of the backers care?

"Here take my money. Don't make the movie and supply us with the digital download of movie as stipulated in kickstarter of feb 2016 for rewards of $25 or more. Enjoy the white BMW you bought or leased that the money we gave you enabled you to get, drive, and enjoy. While that wasn't why we actually gave you our money, we seem to be OK with this outcome.

10 wallpapers, 10-page comic: never created and never will be. Zero rewards issued in 2016, or 2017, or 2018, or 2019, or 2020! Time after time, year after year, failing to deliver! Time after time, update after update, the only deliverables have been excuses, all we get are excuses. BS excuses and accumulating lies since the kickstarter began, then ended, then dragged on for years after and will drag on for years into the future.

Nevermind about all that. Take your time with everything. If the movie doesn't come out in our lifetime or yours, what of it!? We've all had fun pretending Nightshadow movie was a thing when it never really was a thing. We fell for the con and we're fine with that!"
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!