Elmer Fudd Disarmed

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
One show that lasted even though they replaced everyone (literally) was Law and Order. Show still worked when it lost every single cast member over time.
It did but Wolf made a big mistake when he moved Waterson to a supporting role.
Yes, I know the Law and Order franchise is one of the most successful and enduring franchises in television history with the numerous spinoff iterations of the franchise not to mention the length of years that this franchise has lasted with SVU still hanging on I think. Still, I frankly never seen the appeal of the series and I do not get why it has this loyal and consistent fanbase. These procedural dramas have never been something that have attracted me.
Everyone has different tastes. For me I could watch McKoy nail someone in the courtroom scene a 100 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
One show that lasted even though they replaced everyone (literally) was Law and Order. Show still worked when it lost every single cast member over time.
Yes, I know the Law and Order franchise is one of the most successful and enduring franchises in television history with the numerous spinoff iterations of the franchise not to mention the length of years that this franchise has lasted with SVU still hanging on I think. Still, I frankly never seen the appeal of the series and I do not get why it has this loyal and consistent fanbase. These procedural dramas have never been something that have attracted me.
I never understood NCIS. Its literally the same plot every episode.
1. Dead Marine in the park.
2. Inter personal conflict on the team.
3. Bits a pieces for the overall season story.
4. The forensics chic finds something.
5. The NPC you meet during the investigation is probably the murderer.
6. A TWIST.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
I never understood NCIS. Its literally the same plot every episode.
1. Dead Marine in the park.
2. Inter personal conflict on the team.
3. Bits a pieces for the overall season story.
4. The forensics chic finds something.
5. The NPC you meet during the investigation is probably the murderer.
6. A TWIST.
I wouldn't go quite that far. But the last few years have been poor.

The only characters that I care about on the show are Gibbs, McGee and Bishop
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'm with you Mr X, I just found it inane and pretty formulaic. There were a good crop of actors (I remember Harmon from Flamingo Road ffs!)
I did like the 'never heard of it' scene when they announce themselves at one crime scene though.

I always found after I'd watched it to pass the time I would wonder WHY I had watched it.
And the Israeli mixing up her words to dubious comic effect was just lazy by the writers.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).