I would like to know what "Zero Tolerance" means

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

RedMountain wrote:
2 years ago
I know the superheroine thing seems to be slowing down a bit, maybe even getting phased out a little bit if the main forum is anything to go by, but it's kind of sad to see this place just boil down to a couple of people getting angry and arguing with each other all day.
Phased out? I don't know what you mean by that... it's certainly never been advertised, threatened or indicated that there was any intention of phasing out superheroines from 'The Ultimate Superheroine Forum"... certainly not in the 'we're banning politics from discussion' thread? I can say, in my time here (TEN YEARS!!! apparently according to my little badge over there on my right unless I'm reading it wrong... but it sure FEELS like its been ten years :/) that the forum is pretty much the same as it has been for forever... if anything's different, I imagine it may be that half the forum base is ten years older than they were when they started this whole thing? I guess people do tend to get crankier the older they get.
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
Femina wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
I disagree. Threads get yanked into the drainage ditch by political cliches, and then trapped by the insistence that no political cliche go unanswered. This is more toxic to the forum than when originally-political threads cross that semantic line of "personal attack."
I guess I agree that threads get yanked around a lot... I disagree that the motivator for that is as simple as just 'politics.'
NO. Not yanked around. Yanked into a ditch to ax-grind, original discussion topic lost.
Actually, not a ditch -- a trench. It devolves into trench warfare. Not discussions, recitations. I get that this excites *you*, but this is not superleftversusrightforum.com. Nuanced discussion gets murdered by team conformist playback. You've slit those throats yourself with a not-listening-just-attacking-keywords zeal that betrays your hot blood before anybody's committed the semantic sin of personal attack.

We can't have nice things because dominant posters don't want nice things, they want to own the room, even when it means trashing it. Playing the anything-but-the-forbidden-syntax game is going to make four people happy and everyone else tiptoe around until they realize they don't even like ballet.

To hell with this.
Ignoring that your post is full of personal attacks AND clichéd jargon, Is this meant to be ironic? Are we talking about the 'royale' you? Or are you just spitting venom at me for disagreeing with you that politics must be the end all and be all of all the problems the site faces? I agreed. Topics get banged around, it'd be great if we lived in a world where everything stays on topic and in order all the time. We don't. Every forum everywhere that ever existed deals with this exact issue with many a topic that lasts more than a page or two? It's not JUST politics. People have different views and opinions on pretty much EVERYTHING... it's clear we have a wide userbase filled with a diversity of cultural and social dynamics... I mean... what do you expect? The world's not pretty, it doesn't conform to a unifying basis of pleasure, the fact that we here on the site don't agree on pantyhose or bare thighs is proof of that. There's no solution that's going to service everyone. That's totally understandable to be frustrated with. I get it, I hear you.

You want to come here and for everyone to talk about about heroine peril, only heroine peril and nothing but heroine peril, and failing that, for us to at least all get along. *shrug* I'm sorry if my disagreeing with you upset you this much. I certainly didn't mean to, but neither can I just cave and say 'yeah I think you're absolutely right and I'm absolutely wrong' Banning political discussion may serve as a band aid, but there is frankly no cure all for disagreement in a crowded space.

I mean... Y'all know that we aren't special? This discussion has taken place in basically every single forum that's ever existed. We aren't gonna solve world peace on the fetish website about abusing superwomen?

Anyway as I've said before, if the mods feel there's a need to ban political discussion than their gonna do it? I'm maybe just cautioning against anybody assuming that a userbase fractured so much over politics that the topic has to be outright banned... is somehow going to magically find nothing else they disagree about vehemently... and that once there's BAN rules in place, it becomes ever as much about trying to prove your innocence with everything you say in the event that somebody who disagrees with you turns the mods to investigate you over whatever it is that's been banned. It may change the dynamic... but I guess I just hope nobody gets their hopes up TO much that all our problems are going to be solved.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nothing is getting phased out. If anything I am working on bringing more superheroine content to this forum in the coming months.

I was going to make an announcement about this but I have been in the middle of a move (a good one) and I haven't had much time to get down into whats going on here with the exception of a few little quips.

But I am not happy with what is happening here. Like I mentioned earlier, every thread, now including this one, devolves into infighting, name calling, political bullshit, you name it.

So from now on, posts are just going to be deleted. It's time to cut out the cancer. FInd another forum and argue your asses off. Won't bother me at all. I am moving forward with this forum to make it fun again.