England beats Germany 2 - 0 in Euro Cup Match

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Congrats to my English friends. It hasn't been since 1966 that England has beaten Germany in a major tournament. Many an Englishman is already on his or her way to a righteous hangover, me thinks.

And Wales had a good showing in the earlier group stage, Tallyho, so you should be at least pleased at that. Then they ran into the team from Denmark who turned them into Danish and served them up buffet style.

:giggle:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I used to like you
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Damselbinder

Huzzah. For one shining moment it actually feels good to be English oh who am I kidding
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Fake news!

Ah well ........Damn it.
But it was no big surprise with our coach who was training the national team for the last 80 or 90 years.
It was great to win the World cup 2014. Euro 2016 was ok as well....but after that.....he lost his magic.

Congrats to England...will be interesting to see who will win the cup since some "big" nations are already out.
My bet is on Italy now.
Last edited by Maskripper 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

IMG-20210629-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210629-WA0007.jpg (45.25 KiB) Viewed 1228 times

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Damselbinder

Would have been nice if we hadn't booed the German national anthem.

Real classy, mes amis. Real classy.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

This is what pisses the rest of UK off. News tonight is like you've climbed Everest whilst finding a cure for cancer rather than beat a lacklustre, mediocre team whilst playing with home advantage.

Damselbinder

I think that's a LITTLE unfair. Germany have always been England's biggest football rivals. You've got to let people have a BIT of fun.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
This is what pisses the rest of UK off. News tonight is like you've climbed Everest whilst finding a cure for cancer rather than beat a lacklustre, mediocre team whilst playing with home advantage.
And I'm guessing those grapes are sour anyway!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'm happy the best team won, that's what I always want in a sporting contest. What I am not happy with is the endless harping back to 1966 as if it was of some global significance when other than to England, it wasn't. Why stop at 56 years ago? Go back to the 30s when Uruguay won it twice and let's all pretend they are still a world force in football. The bottom line is you aren't a world class side you just THINK you are.
Germany, France, Italy, Argentina, Brazil have all won tournaments multiple times and also lost the finals on several occasions. They regularly make semi finals and to them its not a big deal. England have reached one final ever and only 2 semi finals in the last 5 decades. We celtic nations all hope you go on to win it because then you might finally shut the fuck up about something that happened almost 6 decades ago.
:giggle:
(That's a generic England 'you' not you personally, lol 😂)

Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
IMG-20210629-WA0007.jpg
Oof... how embarrassing! Somebody should have told them to celebrate AFTER the game! xD
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I think you have misunderstood the gag. In Europe Germans put their towels on the sunloungers by the pool to keep/reserve the best seats. The joke here is they have reserved the seats on the flight home.

(and apologies to any German members, I know it's a stereotype but it's just a bit of light hearted British humour)

lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
I'm happy the best team won, that's what I always want in a sporting contest. What I am not happy with is the endless harping back to 1966 as if it was of some global significance when other than to England, it wasn't.
every fucking time and not just with germany, whenever they get past the first round you'd think they'd saved the world from an alien invasion and the ridiculous comparisons to past games "oh Raheem will be pleased to see the slate wiped clean for that draw in 1982" or some other tawdry shit with the Gammons making every retarded conclusion they can muster.

for example

Damselbinder

man if beating germany says something about brexit what will losing to belgium say
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

That was from a gag phone in (Colin from Portsmouth isn't real)

lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
That was from a gag phone it (Colin from Portsmouth isn't real)
yeah he is, it's a well known alias of Mr Alexander de Pfeffel