Peril Talk: Anatomy of a Girl-Girl Scene

The Dark Side Of Superheroine Peril Discussion - 18 and older.
LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

Heyo!

The Anatomy of an AoH Scene thread has been really helpful when script writing and shooting films, and I thought I might expand that to a few other topics over time. The perspective it gives from the direct seat of people who really thrive in the subject material is invaluable towards crafting scenes that fans of the subgenres really enjoy.

Today's topic is Girl-Girl Scenes/Movies. Typically a villainess and a heroine, but there are certainly outliers beyond that. Mind that if those sorts of movies are not your cup of tea, that is fine! I'd love it if posts remained on the topic of what people like in this area of the genre rather than debating Female/Female vs Female/Male. Not the topic for this thread.

One of the things we frequently encounter when script writing and scene planning is "What does this mean to "us" vs "other people" in terms of particular perils and genre elements. What I get, for instance, out of a Female/Female scene might be very different from someone else. Maybe we enjoy different elements, or focus in on different cues.
While this is true for all sorts of different Peril Elements.

-
C0005.00_20_30_51.Still046.png
C0005.00_20_30_51.Still046.png (345.6 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
-

When approaching these sorts of movies and scenes, we try hard to ask the client (Or think on ourselves in our own projects) what the 'energy' they are looking for in a female villain is.
  • We've found that some people prefer to see their female villains prey upon heroines with a more sensual, sex appeal oriented style of peril.
  • We've found that other people enjoy the same sort of aggression and violence typically reserved for their more masculine counterparts to be exerted from a sexy female body.
  • Some people even further have cited elements of emotional or psychological aspects being their draw to F/F.
  • We've found people that are just "More sexy bodies in more sexy costumes! Go!", for whom as long as the peril sells, are unconcerned.
  • There are surely many more beyond even these.
-
C0151.00_13_28_07.Still035.png
C0151.00_13_28_07.Still035.png (336.63 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
-

So we would like to put it to you to tell us what you personally enjoy in what you consider a good Female/Female scene. And what kind of peril really brings it home for you!
Share your thoughts!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://luciafilms.rocks/index.html
bassar1
Neophyte
Neophyte

So this is a really fascinating topic that is worth thinking about.

Generally my fav kinds of peril are more psychological/sexual than violence oriented. Which does mean I'm slightly ignorant of your own stuff, though the production value is top notch, it just hasn't got the content I prefer. In my very singular opinion, I find that a female villain is still operating in a layer of relative uniqueness compared to a male villain. I am not trying to throw shade on any producers out there, you hire who you can afford, and work with the talent that you get after all.

But otherwise, I'm always excited to see scenes that do anything other than one-sided beat downs, or chloroform + hitachi wands.

I always delight in seeing films where a heroine is turned to the darkside too.
xxjimbob2000
Henchman
Henchman

I am typically drawn to girl/girl scenes myself. Here are things I'm typically drawn to:

- I do usually like the more sensual and sexual scenes. I personally enjoy seeing women being intimate and sexual with one another, so having a villainess capture a heroine and pleasure her against her will is very erotic.

- that being said, I do like seeing BDSM and torture scenes in g/g scenes as well. There is also something nice about seeing a woman bind and torment another woman that is erotic as well.

- I enjoy the psychological aspects too, usually in the form of the villainess that wants to convert the heroine into a sex slave. Having the villainess take control of the heroine's mind is usually a good aspect for me.

- a more "fetish" element for me for g/g scenes is involving the age of the heroine and villainess. I like seeing a mature heroine that has been captured and tormented by a younger villainess. I like the flip side as well (mature villainess torturing a younger heroine) since it adds a different element to it, the heroine needing to resist the experience of the villainess.

- I'm personally not a fan of beat downs or beatings in these scenes unless they are done as part of a sequence in which the heroine is being tortured (after being captured).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

More confirming than adding anything new - I think as ever it is the asymmetry of a situation that makes Superheroine peril work for many.

It is the relatively weak opponent overcoming the strong heroine. The advantages of youth overcoming experience or experience overcoming the heroine's youth. The beautiful being used sexually by someone whose looks wouldn't normally provoke a second glance - or a radiant goddess of a villain dominating a more ordinary looking alter ego. Those scenarios in stories at least certainly work ...
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!