Red Sonja

Hypnosis, Mind Control and Erotic Superheroine Adventures!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

So one of the things I am starting to do is try to find out what the girls like to shoot and build characters around them for 2012. Veronica Ricci is awesome and while she is still new to the hypno-game, I know she is going to make an AWESOME hypnotic villainess with the right script and coaching.

However, my plan is to work with a select group of hot models and let them have an evil character and a good. Veronica immediately picked Red Sonja, her favorite. So I thought it would be a good challenge. I know right off the bat we can shoot most of the scenes outside, which will be great. So now the question is, what should the costume be? There are several iterations of it and why only pick one, right? But for the debut of the character, what do you think would be the best costume to develop?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

MH
Manta Ray Jack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I know when I think Red Sonja, I immediately picture her in the chain-mail "bikini". In fact, I actually had to google her to see what other iterations you might be speaking of. I mostly saw the "bikini".
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is also a full body version but I think if we come close to this for the costume we're doing ok :)
Attachments
lianaK_redsonja.jpg
lianaK_redsonja.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
Manta Ray Jack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Aye. Add some leather wrist guards and small shoulder pads and you would be good to go.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

For sure and blade sheath on the thigh. This would be a good start and then add those other pieces to it....
Henchman
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Can I suggest some slightly more sexy boots?
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I have to agree on the chainmail bakini. I already want to jump that girl in the pic.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

It looks great! I have to agree with henchman, better boots would be good. I was working on a red sonja costume a while back - but it was never completed unfortunately.

However the boots I was looking at were these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Z13-WOMENS-LA ... vi-content

Not too pricey - however if you're planning some intense action, you might struggle with the heels.

Any good?
korda
Henchman
Henchman

These costumes from Frank Thorne's Ghita are perfect:

Attachments
ghita.jpg
ghita.jpg (220.99 KiB) Viewed 5536 times
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah totally. Those boots weren't even being considered lol to be honest I didnt even get down that far. I got caught up in the cleavage. If only ;)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I like knee/thigh high boots but I don't think those of yours Swampy are practical for outdoor shoots :(
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Henchman
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Lol I'm guessing the chainmail bikini isn't particularly practical either but Swampy's boots are perfect.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Sounds great to me especialy if the model/actress has a big enough build, a petit model would ruin it for me after the main image of Red Sonja I have is Brdgitte Nielsen.

Cheers
LT
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Henchman wrote:Lol I'm guessing the chainmail bikini isn't particularly practical either but Swampy's boots are perfect.
True but she could wear a coat between shots, I wouldn't want the gal to break her neck in the heels though (nice tho they are :D )
Last edited by tallyho 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

You would obviously struggle shooting outdoors in em, and especially with fight scenes - those would just be the ideal is all ;)

However it would be possible to use similar looking sensible boots, then edit to make it look like she's in the heels during the action - lots of hassle though!
Manta Ray Jack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Rayman wrote:Sounds great to me especialy if the model/actress has a big enough build, a petit model would ruin it for me after the main image of Red Sonja I have is Brdgitte Nielsen.

Cheers
LT
I never bought Brigitte Nielsen as Sonja. Just didn't seem right to me. She seemed about as sexy to me as Arnie in drag would have been. Ugh.

My two coppers, anyways. Mileage may vary.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Manta Ray Jack wrote:
Rayman wrote:Sounds great to me especialy if the model/actress has a big enough build, a petit model would ruin it for me after the main image of Red Sonja I have is Brdgitte Nielsen.

Cheers
LT
I never bought Brigitte Nielsen as Sonja. Just didn't seem right to me. She seemed about as sexy to me as Arnie in drag would have been. Ugh.

My two coppers, anyways. Mileage may vary.
No wories at all..being in England I never realy got inrto the heart of superheroines i.e the comics so nearly all my experience with the mainstream genre has been tv and film..I can hear the groans now LOL!

I imagine the "real" Red Sonja is much more appealing than Brigitte...I am loving the chainmail and boots I just like my heroines to be closer to 5ft9 than 5ft5....probably why I like Angelique and Mallory Skye so much.

Cheers
LT
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

swampy170 wrote:It looks great! I have to agree with henchman, better boots would be good. I was working on a red sonja costume a while back - but it was never completed unfortunately.

However the boots I was looking at were these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Z13-WOMENS-LA ... vi-content

Not too pricey - however if you're planning some intense action, you might struggle with the heels.

Any good?

Lord knows I'm a HUGE fan of high heeled boots. But perhaps for this particular character, that style boot with a full wedge heel would work. It still gives the illusion of her being in a heel, yet provides a much more solid 'base'...since there is no separation between the heel of the boot and the sole.

Awesome pair of boots though! :D To bad "Wild Pair" is no longer around. You could find just about any kind of 'unusual' boots there. But I think they went out of business some years back now.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah the boots would have to be practical during outside shoots for sure. Im going to look around at some variations. Maybe she could have similiar but slightly sexier boots for indoor shoots.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Or maybe some cheap UGG's knockoffs?

......kidding..... :mrgreen:
Attachments
L12380306.jpg
L12380306.jpg (206.37 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
Manta Ray Jack
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

MightyHypnotic wrote:Maybe something like this?
I'm thinking the brown ones would work very well indeed.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Agree with Manta Ray, brown or black look both good and practical, from that first pic.

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with you guys. Looks good as a base boot and we can muck it up a bit to make it more "Sonya" like.