Can't place attachments inline in body of post!

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

You can no longer place attachments, i.e. photos, inline in the body of the post. All that shows up is the codes for the attachment and the attachment shows up at the bottom of the post. Can you fix this?

Blue
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you talking about new posts or existing posts?
l5dscncy3gfhfutwvnrx.gif
l5dscncy3gfhfutwvnrx.gif (335.87 KiB) Viewed 4999 times
Because new posts seem to work ok but it looks like the old posts are not inline. I think you might have to go back and edit them, I'll look into it...
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, it looks like this is affecting older posts but with new posts you can insert an image inline.

I will put this on the short back burner while I still figure out chat.
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

MightyHypnotic wrote:
6 years ago
Ok, it looks like this is affecting older posts but with new posts you can insert an image inline.

I will put this on the short back burner while I still figure out chat.
Hi MightyHypnotic,

It's still affecting new posts as well as older posts. I tried inserting an image inline a few minutes ago, and it still doesn't work. It just places the text for the attachment but not the actual image in the body of the post. The image still shows up at the bottom of the post.

Blue
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Did you also notice that when you try to embed YouTube video clips into a post, only the link shows up now without the actual embedded video?

Blue
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm going to check your permissions because I am not experiencing those issues. Maybe something changed as a result of the update
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm able to embed my thumbnails for my previews with no issue.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I checked your permissions and for some reason you didn't have any which is weird...anyway, I fixed it and you should be ok now. This software is far from perfect, especially with upgrades.

If anyone else is having a problem, let me know.

MH
Bluestone
Producer
Producer

Hi MH,

I still cannot place photos in-line and now I can't upload the usual photo attachments. The error message that I get is:
ERROR
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

I get this error even if I try to upload pictures that I successfully uploaded as late as last night.

Help!

Blue
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was away from my desk when I wrote that but the reasoning behind it is you might be caching older permissions. You can also try logging in and back out again and see if that resets your cache as well.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Ahhh! Turn it off and turn it on again...the mantra of true tech support... :giggle:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
6 years ago
Ahhh! Turn it off and turn it on again...the mantra of true tech support... :giggle:
If it works why change a tried and true method....lol
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hi MH I have just sent you a chat message on this but I have a problem with adding files to the MESSAGES WHEN I TRY AND PM someone - Its saying file type not recognized even though I have tried it with a jpeg file that I previously WAS able to send/post
It turns out now that VOID is also getting an issue trying to attach a document file so its not just myself.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM?

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Anonon
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Test

It looks like your problem is fixed, but for future reference getting offsite hosting (I like imgur) and using tags is probably reliable.
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

I don't think the problem is fixed - the problem is with adding attachments on the site's personal messenger, rather than into forum posts.

If it helps, the error message when trying to attach a file is:

'Temporary folder could not be found or is not writable.'

I think it worked yesterday.
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I get 'the image file you are trying to attach is invalid'

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually @Void 's error is a clue, the forum might not have permissions to write to the tmp folder. I might have to go down to engineering and work on it. Here's a pic of me doing that.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Make sure you check the manifold. And the nacelle energy exchangers. Its always the manifold or the nacelle energy exchangers.

Bluestone
Producer
Producer

I'm having this problem with adding photo attachments again even though I had added these same photo attachments just a few days ago. Can you help?

I tried adding one to this post and got the dreaded yellow triangle with exclamation point within it!

Blue
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

It's working again - thanks very much!

It's been said before, and I'm sure it will be said many times again: you are a god among men, MH.
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Bluestone mentioned in his Wondra thread in the lounge that he was having trouble attaching pics today. Anyone else? I'm in work so cant try myself just yet but please post here, and I will flag it up to da big boss when I get home

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yep i am having problems too.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Aaaaaaand....
Kaley Cuoco sg.jpg
Kaley Cuoco sg.jpg (159.4 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
Its worked!

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I think Bluestone is still having attachment issues MH see his Wondra 3 posts in the lounge

AnastasiaPierce
Producer
Producer

I am having this problem today, can't attach any photos or gifs no matter what size their are.
Help please!!
xo
Lots of Love, Your Wonder Amazon
Anastasia

Super Heroine Clips:
http:www.AnastasiaClips.com

Movies VOD - http://www.HeroineCentral.com
Official Site - http://www.AnastasiaPierce.com
DVD Store - http://www.AnastasiaStore.com
AnastasiaPierce
Producer
Producer