The next MCU phase

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/07/20 ... cap-video/

Some highlights:
Feige confirms Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Fantastic Four, mutants, Guardians 3, and Mahershala Ali is Blade.
Thor: Love and Thunder arrives November 2021. Taika Waititi, Chris Hemsworht, and Tessa Thompson take the stage. Hemsworth hasn't read the script. Thompson is asked about her first act as King. "First thing she needs to do is find her new queen," she said.

The movie will follow a Jason Aaron run: The Mighty Thor. "For those of you that know that story, it's incredible. It's full of emotion. It introduces, for the first time, female Thor," Waititi said. "For us there's only one person that could play that role. Please welcome to the stage, Natalie Portman."
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings will release in February of 2021, featuring the Mandarin. Tony Leung is playing The Mandarin. Also in the film is Awkwafina. Director Destin Daniel Crettin takes the stage.
Next is The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, arriving on Disney+ this fall.. Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan take the stage, Mckie with the shield. What are they excited to explore about their dynamic? "What kind of man is [The Falcon]?" Stan jokes. "We'll find out. WE know he's got thighs so lets see if there's anything else."

"With the Winter Soldier, I'm ready to see what ticks him off," Mackie said. "How much ticking can that tock do, before that tock go boom?"

Footage crashes the panel. The brainwashing from Civil War plays. Baron Zemo sits down. "That doesn't work anymore, does it? I can't imagine what you all must be thinking. Villain seizes control of the panel and you must be expecting some act of violence but that's not what this is," he said. "Gentleman, I'll be seeing you very soon." He puts on a purple mask." Daniel Bruhl is back as Baron Zemo.
The Eternals is coming on November 6, 2020. "They've been there amongst the MCU, we haven't met them before," Feige said. Hew introduces director Chloe Zao to the stage.

"We really get to explore what it means to be human and humanity in our time on this planet," Zao said.

The cast of the Eternals takes the stage. Richard Madden, Kumail Najiani, Lauren Ridloff, Bryan Tyree Henry, Salma Hayak, Lias McHugh, Don Lee, and Angelina Jolie.

Superb, perfect casting for Blade. And I'm very glad to see Daniel Bruhl coming back to the MCU because he's a legitimately great actor.

I imagine there's already ten million videos in product about what's wrong with a female Thor but it should be good to see Natalie Portman given a more fun character than she's so often had in the past.

Really interested to see the MCU take on a kung fu movie too.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Natalie Portman is going to be the new Thor? I suppose that's one way to get her to actually put in an appearance.

She's a good actress, and I like her, but she hasn't exactly been loyal or supportive to the MCU.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Lurkndog wrote:
4 years ago
Natalie Portman is going to be the new Thor? I suppose that's one way to get her to actually put in an appearance.

She's a good actress, and I like her, but she hasn't exactly been loyal or supportive to the MCU.
I suspect she did what most people did when they saw Thor: Ragnarok and thought "Holy shit, Thor movies are awesome now!" and wanted to get back on board.