Conan the Adventurer 97-98 TV show - Red Sonja appearance

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but other than Brigitte Nielsen, there is one other actress who has portrayed Red Sonja
on screen, in one 'guest star' episode of the one-season Conan The Adventurer in 1997-98.

The entire season of the show is on Youtube, with Russian subtitles. Here is the specific Red Sonja episode (she is briefly in peril, when captured by the evil Hartan king, but is otherwise mostly triumphant and very self-confident) as portrayed by Angelica Bridges!

Watch the other episodes, too, if you like. For most of the episodes, a beautiful brigand-queen character named Karella (played by Aly Dunne - it's basically her only credit!) is part of Conan's merry band. The Karella character is based on Belit and Valeria.

Also, a small note: The Skull That Talks is credited as "A.C. Qart-Hadosht", which is for some reason a reference to the ancient North African city of Carthage ("Qart-Hadosht" in Punic). That actor's real name, however, is the legendary voice actor Arthur Burghardt, who also played such roles as Spydrax on Sectaurs, Destro & Iceberg on G.I. Joe, and Devastator on Transformers, as well as work on the 1980s revival of Superfriends. He is now retired, but does work the convention circuit.

Red Sonja episode:

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Holy crap is that *Randy* from, "My Name is Earl" at the 31 min mark (I ffwd it so he may well be in it sooner) I know he's huge in Cold Mountain, thinner in Evolution but that's the first time I've ever seen him non fat. I think he's bulky in American History X but I could be wrong)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
shevek
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Holy crap is that *Randy* from, "My Name is Earl" at the 31 min mark (I ffwd it so he may well be in it sooner) I know he's huge in Cold Mountain, thinner in Evolution but that's the first time I've ever seen him non fat. I think he's bulky in American History X but I could be wrong)
No, it's not Ethan Suplee who played Randy - it's a character actor named Scott MacDonald.

I forgot to add - for those who want to double down on Amazon warriors, in Episode 11 of this series, Conan saves and fights alongside an Amazon named Aura, played by Jacqueline Collen (a wonderful beauty who was in Baywatch, Sinbad and Hercules, then gave up her acting career when she got married).