Wynonna Earp

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Anyon interested in Wynonna Earp?? I saw a few comic books several years ago and just checked out a few episodes....talk about a lesbian heroine angel/demon vampire paradise....Wynonna reminds me a lot of myself, especially her outfits and Pants in particular!!

here is just a snip of a few interesting pics from some of the episodes...If you love lesbians and horror/sci fi heroine
0ac28548a39b258280f8445b4991bff2--walk-the-line-beautiful-gorgeous.jpg
0ac28548a39b258280f8445b4991bff2--walk-the-line-beautiful-gorgeous.jpg (19.96 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
types....you will love this
20210405_131051.jpg
20210405_131051.jpg (637.04 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
20210405_131130.jpg
20210405_131130.jpg (69.73 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
20210405_131024.jpg
20210405_131024.jpg (204.31 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
wayhaught_303_5.png
wayhaught_303_5.png (2.76 MiB) Viewed 2230 times
d79970ed7b70946b4b1eeb387f0581cd.gif
d79970ed7b70946b4b1eeb387f0581cd.gif (3.4 MiB) Viewed 2230 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ae1b0cb0231c080c41ce27542ef8302c.gif
ae1b0cb0231c080c41ce27542ef8302c.gif (1.6 MiB) Viewed 2227 times
ff36c58dd59ae1034079ab88cc1f7a85.gif
ff36c58dd59ae1034079ab88cc1f7a85.gif (2.26 MiB) Viewed 2227 times

Guys....I think I found a new con character to cosplay now...AND she even has a lesbian sister!!!!
Attachments
6275dd1ab052e5b00657eca84220693f.gif
6275dd1ab052e5b00657eca84220693f.gif (1.6 MiB) Viewed 2227 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Not personally interested in following a "Weird West" (look it up, it's a real fantasy subgenre) series myself, but I did want to point out that Wynnona herself is not a lesbian - she is bisexual, since in the series itself she had a baby, Alice, with Doc Holliday (who is apparently immortal).

This series is a rare example of a successful and largely well-done TV adapation of a "90s bad girl" comic book character. In fact, other than Buffy or Xena (which were both live-action first, not comics) it is probably *the* most successful and certainly the best currently known.

In the 90s, the character was originally drawn quite sexy and scantily-clad in tight costumes, as was the case for most female characters at the time from Image Comics. Today she doesn't look so much like that, but various attempts at movies, animations and TV shows were tried with other characters from that era (Witchblade, Lady Death, Painkiller Jane) which fell flat, and even more recent attempts (Warrior Nun) which didn't work that well. Then there was a slew of characters which should have been adapted long ago (Shi, Aphrodite IX, Chassis, Nira X, Ghost, etc) but which never made it to the screen.

In that sense, Wynnona Earp itself is a rare bird. Updated for Current Year sensibilities, of course, but it works for the viewers who watch it. The Wynnona Earp property was transferred long ago from Image to IDW, but it's interesting that IDW does not have a current series out to capitalize on the fourth season - their most recent Wynnona mini-series came out in 2017. Wonder why they're not currently exploiting the property?

Keep us appraised of how you're enjoying the series, batgirl1969, and we appreciate you making this thread!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thanks Shevek!! Well I am also not technically only a Lesbian....More of a Trysexual...will try just about anything once! lol but seriously Bi works for me amd my sister! our girlfriends on the other hand are only fem lesbians...

I am really loving this show!!
plus it does have a lot of similarites to Supergirl without most of that dull political drama(at least so far)
Supergirl_wynonna_earp_comparision.jpg
Supergirl_wynonna_earp_comparision.jpg (300.52 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
source.gif
source.gif (2.73 MiB) Viewed 2206 times
c91c60e3c3c9e4644dcd5649e500c4eeeff195e031c11fece296ddfc228dd742.gif
c91c60e3c3c9e4644dcd5649e500c4eeeff195e031c11fece296ddfc228dd742.gif (3.27 MiB) Viewed 2206 times
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I keep meaning to watch this because the main actress is in Letterkenny and she's hot as fuck in that.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

I watched the first couple of seasons, but it didn't survive my transition from cable TV to streaming. It was fun but not worth paying for special.

Witty, rude, lewd, over-the-top and self-aware, badass hot chicks being badass and hot, unabashedly male-gaze compatible, what's not to like?

I guess I could check out the third season being as it's on Netflix here.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

This show was really great, the little sister was a honey that should have gotten into more trouble than she did. The red head was also sexy. I just realized it it still in production, so I will have to do some catching up. Wynonna’s pants really should get a separate bill, the are spectacular.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I keep seeing this one pop up on my Netflix home page. And the star looks hot. But I just can't even imagine this show being good. Just the whole premise stinks of teenage angst and overdone melodrama. :-p
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
3 years ago
I keep seeing this one pop up on my Netflix home page. And the star looks hot. But I just can't even imagine this show being good. Just the whole premise stinks of teenage angst and overdone melodrama. :-p
Watch it....you'll love it!! and if it stinks like anything....You know what that would be!!! lol
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

So I have watched the whole thing. There's four seasons of it over five or so years, so it's clearly one of those shows that had to fight to exist, and it shows in how it is clearly a labour of love. Definitely feel a little old for it, but it's pretty good. Monsters of the week with some ongoing stories and soup opera stuff. It's silly and self aware and it works. Easy to compare to something like Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but with less of an emphasis on 'this is a real life problem manifested as a demon' which was the go-to baddies in Buffy.

One quibble I do have though is that there are references to characters as being 'quick' or 'the fastest' with guns, when they've already got their guns drawn, suggests they didn't know the term refers to fast drawing. It's like, got a main character who is a gunslinger and they do almost nothing with it. Budgets gonna budge I guess but that feels like something that could have been cool. Bit of a nitpick I guess. A show like that the fight scenes are always going to be sort of generic.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I've started watching this after I had caught up with Grimm, am about 7 episodes in but I not sure I've got the mechanics of the curse straight in my head. I get there's 77 that come back and they can only be sent back to hell with the gun, but have thry actually said how or why the curse started and I missed it?
Bueller... Anyone...? 🤨 🤣
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I've started watching this after I had caught up with Grimm, am about 7 episodes in but I not sure I've got the mechanics of the curse straight in my head. I get there's 77 that come back and they can only be sent back to hell with the gun, but have thry actually said how or why the curse started and I missed it?
But did yoy see her pants????? lol
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I prefer the little sister.

So the pants are the cause of the curse, eh.? All is now clear... 😀

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

In the early episodes it's mostly the knee less jeans, so I am awaiting the spectacular arrival of the painted on leather trousers

Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I don't think anybody really understands the curse at first. They figure it out as they go.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yeah just at end of season 1 now and a bit more has come out about it. Everyone was just so accepting of it it made me wonder if I'd missed a s sentence or two of exposition when I was making a cuppa or something

Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

They go into how the world works a little more but it's pretty apparent that the world it takes place in is weirder than ours and there's a greater sense of acceptance of it. Also in their world the women often have shinier pants and everybody is like 40% hornier. Although that could be because of the pants.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes I've noticed the pants - hornier correlation.
Even with the older female characters, 60% of them are MILFs.
You get the idea that if Purgatory had a bag lady, living in garbage up a side alley, it would still be a horny bag lady

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Probably in shiney pants.

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just imagine lickin every inch of those pants till you get to the juicy center....how many licks does it take to reach the center of Wynonna pop?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Really impressed by the writing on this there's some great gag lines really naturally worked into the show rather than forced.
My fave
Wynonna to her rich socialite friend who had been possessed

"Are you really her?"
"Everything behind the tits"
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
That's a great line.

Good intricate plotting too. I like Grimm but it gets a bit tedious when every other person they meet is Wessen (any humans at all in Portland?)
This is much better at bringing in the bad guys

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Finished the 4th series really liked it and so nice to see a sort of natural conclusion to it all