What if... the World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes? (spoilers)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

A pretty solid Avengers what-if yarn, this one unfolds like a murder mystery and comes with an interesting twist at the end. For the most part, it's an exploration of just how dangerous certain superpowers could get when turned to evil purposes, but it also comes with some unusual and quite cool team-up action. 8/10 for me, definitely worth a watch.
Spoiler
I won't actually spoil the identity of the murderer here. I'll just say that I found it to be a fun reveal. The episode *does* come with a brief team-up between Nick Fury and Loki, however, which is pretty rad. With the original Avengers dead -- save Captain America, who still hasn't been unfrozen yet -- Loki also does wind up conquering the planet, and we get a glimpse of who's going to be rallied to stop him. But it's the murder mystery plot that's the real meat.

I didn't notice if they did this in the first two episodes, but there was a neat touch in this one where Uatu kept showing up on the skyline in the background of scenes (presumably invisible to the characters, but visible to us).

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So has anyone noticed nothing bad would have happened in the MCU if Captain Marvel would have just stayed on Earth. No New York invasion. No Infinity War. Ultron beaten.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
So has anyone noticed nothing bad would have happened in the MCU if Captain Marvel would have just stayed on Earth. No New York invasion. No Infinity War. Ultron beaten.
Such is happenstance.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah but then what might have happened in the UNIVERSE?

Just like a human being to think Earth is all that matters :P
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

It's plain that Captain Marvel couldn't have stopped Thanos on her own. She actually was there in Infinity War and couldn't do so, IIRC.

She could probably fuck Loki's shit all the way up, though, and would be at least part of any team that you'd deploy against Ultron. I'm thinking the other members of that team might include Black Panther and Spider-Man (a version who isn't a Tony Stark fanboy, which is to say the Sam Raimi Spider-Man), and also...
Spoiler
... Okay, REALLY a spoiler.

REALLY.

Like, this spoils stuff I previously I wouldn't even put under a spoiler tag.

Okay?

Because you can refrain from reading beyond this point. Are you ready for a very SMALL spoiler?

As it were?

Okay, then...

... probably a dialed-up Ant Man given the events of this What-If. Any universe where Hank Pym gets to whack the Avengers has to have Ant Man as a blockbuster talent, after all. And of course, Captain America.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)