The Flash Season 8 (CW, 2021-22)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
This girl is going to look hot no matter what she wears.
No, I politely disagree. The show specifically made her look beautiful, maximizing the effect with hairdo, makeup and tight costuming. They wanted her to stand out as the 'drop-dead gorgeous scientist' which Eobard falls in love with. Over the past few seasons, the Flash show makes all of its abundant female leads look fantastic, even if most of them are rarely (or never) in costume. It's one of the few things they do consistently right.

If you look at a recent indie film that Kausar Mohammed did - the 'Syed Family Xmas Eve Game Night' - she looks fairly ordinary compared to the two actresses cast as her 'hot sisters'. It really depends on what kind of part she plays.
Last edited by shevek 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
https://www.thethings.com/will-hollywoo ... ey-sawyer/
This is why Sawyer got axed. Doubt he'll ever get a job.
There is an actor on one of my shows recently that had some offensive, truly stupidly insane stuff that some dumpster diver dug up in his social media history, the actor apologized profusely, and he was able to withstand the social media backlash and still was able to keep his job. I suppose it depends upon whether show execs decide whether the bad PR and social media backlash is worth keeping the actor or are they better just cutting him loose and avoiding the distractions. If Grant Gustin had been the one found making foolish social media posts, I imagine CW and show execs would have decided to ride out the bad PR and social media backlash and hope it goes away. There is something to be said for making business decisions that are best for the show.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks for sharing Mr. X. Off-topic vent: I can't stand articles written in this manner (and this happens fairly often). The writer tells the reader what to think of the tweets but does not add the tweets. Not saying anything profane needs to be celebrated (obviously), but without the actual tweet the writer manipulates the reader into going along with the alleged claim of the tweets being profane. In other words, the reader is asked to take it on faith to dislike a person who tweeted something. This is terrible journalism; the writer is essentially writing an editorial of the event.

Off-topic point venting done.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sugarcoater wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks for sharing Mr. X. Off-topic vent: I can't stand articles written in this manner (and this happens fairly often). The writer tells the reader what to think of the tweets but does not add the tweets. Not saying anything profane needs to be celebrated (obviously), but without the actual tweet the writer manipulates the reader into going along with the alleged claim of the tweets being profane. In other words, the reader is asked to take it on faith to dislike a person who tweeted something. This is terrible journalism; the writer is essentially writing an editorial of the event.

Off-topic point venting done.
Yeah I just posted the first thing I found. I agree they tell you to be outraged.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
..... she is also wearing a standard Flash cowl mask (attention Maskripper - you'll want to do a blog entry on that).....
Yeah, I saw a screenshot with that cowl some days ago.
That raised my motivation to watch the episodes I haven't watched so far.
I have watched only 13 episodes of this season so far and got so bored that I paused after that.
I need to catch up, even if that means I have to watch a lot of boring stuff....
Certainly, I won't skip complete episodes...I don't do that.
But such a masked woman is motivation enough to finally start watching again. :hmmm:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Based on your link and what was written, perhaps Sawyer has earned that Second Chance.
Is that not what Flash is about in many cases as a character. In this case, the character and his giving second chances perhaps needs to be reflective of the shows producers.

But would there also be any way to bring back Harrison Wells, played by the same character of course,
and I think a mix of the genius Wells from Season 2 and the Wells character who did not know how to run a computer from season 3.

Though the Wells that existed in fhe first few seasons, were from different earths, therefore, it is possible to find another Wells from another earth, as I described him, a combination of the humous Wells from Season 3 and the genius obnoxious version of season 2.

Wow, that would take great writing to have Wells be both the obnoxious egoist genius of Season 2 and at the same time the humorous Wells of Season 3, and not a split personality, either.

And the only way to save Flash is to return it to the innocence of season one with Iris and Barry expecting a baby girl who arrives at least half way through the season, with no problems such as a difficult delivery, etc.