Chick Fight

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Damselbinder

Haiyoooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
My favourite movie is Conan the Barbarian, Jane Austen was rad, and I fucking love television. I just think THIS sucks.
Meh. I prefer Conan the Destroyer.

As for Chick Fight, hell yeah, they had me at Malin Ackerman. It might not be a great movie, but I know I'll enjoy parts of it.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So, time to activate this thread again.
Just watched the movie.
Overall it was fun to watch it. Could have been better but certainly worth the time for me.
It's an odd combination between comedy, drama and fight action.
The beginning was a little rough, as the humor often didn't really worked for me there. Especially as you wouldn't expect this sort of humor.
Spoiler
For example: Ackerman gets a coconut kicked in her crotch....
But that got better as the movie progressed. Some hilarious scenes.
The fight scenes are good, especially as there are not many movies with women beating each other up like that.
The villainess of the story is pretty sexy and delivers some great fight scenes.
Alec Bladwin has a good part as the (quite often) drunken trainer. A fun part.
The best friend of the lead actress was ok, but I wish I didn't see her in tight sport clothes. She weighs at least 220-240 pounds and is very small.....
Malin Ackerman does a good job as the stressed out regular jane who turns into a warrior.
-
If you are very....."conservative"....you (most-likely) won't like this movie.
This movie might become another magnet for trolls. Alone for the female fight club thing.
They will surely make fun of it as they mostly have problems with strong women.
Yeah, there are gay people in this movie as well, so another minus point for some of them.
And surely they will think this is feministic witchcraft.....
-
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

Underwhelming. Variety already said it best:

"...blandly formulaic and scrupulously inoffensive tale of female empowerment..perhaps the filmmakers expended all their offensiveness capital on that titillating title and then felt the need to repeatedly apologize for it with unceasing (if very skin-deep) body-positivity, sex-positivity, LGBTQ-positivity, racial colorblindness and you-go-girl camaraderie. Which might all be laudable if it were remotely credible and if it didn’t entirely defang the comedy."

The only thing I really got out of this movie was the realization that at 24, Bella Thorne easily has a decade of hot superheroine action ahead of her, if she can be selected for a major role in an MCU or DCU film. She would work as Catwoman or Psylocke, among many other possibilities. She can fight, she can look intense and evil, and she can shit-talk with the best of them. Pour her into a spandex costume.