We Are Under 10,000 Users!

Info regarding this website!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I want to be clear that I am not deleting any users with 0 posts if you still continue to visit the forum.. You don't have to post to visit here.

Just those that have not visited in over 3 years AND have never made a post. I am assuming it was either a fake account, bot, or someone who has moved on.

Why am I happy about that?

I've been pruning dead wood all day!

Basically, if you haven't been to the forum in 5 years AND you've never made a post, I deleted the account.

One, this frees up some really cool usernames!

Two, it has also sped up the site tremendously.

I do have to say I am sorry to see the esteemed and noble Baron De Roquefort go.
Baron, if you're out there, the door is always open for you sir! But this time, at least make a post and introduce yourself!
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Wait, not even ONE single post in 5 years ? Then that's a lot ! I'd say even 1 year without ever making a single post is enough to understand it's not going to happen in the future...
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I vote that accounts who haven't posted for 3 years get deleted.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic wrote:
4 years ago
I do have to say I am sorry to see the esteemed and noble Baron De Roquefort go.
Baron, if you're out there, the door is always open for you sir! But this time, at least make a post and introduce yourself!
Justice is swift in your realm, good sir!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

helstar wrote:
4 years ago
Wait, not even ONE single post in 5 years ? Then that's a lot ! I'd say even 1 year without ever making a single post is enough to understand it's not going to happen in the future...
Yeah I've been thinking about that window a bit more, actually.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I think 3 years is fine, we have several people who have finally said hello who describe themselves as 'long time lurker first time poster' so I think one year is too brief, but 3 years is a goer.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right. We are actually at 2 years at the moment.

Again it's not about not posting, it's about the visit. If you've visited in the last 2 years but havn't posted you're fine. This isn't a ruse to try to get people to post, I just wanted to be clear.
This is just removing those who are no longer with us...

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

And how many are bots trying to spam the forum. Those have got to be a waste.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mr. X wrote:
4 years ago
And how many are bots trying to spam the forum. Those have got to be a waste.
That's a good point but oddly enough Bots tend to use similar unsername conventions and many use a .xyz email so tend to be easy to catch and filter out.
I won't say the system bats 100% stopping them but for the most part I'd say we get the brunt of them.