Dragoncon...OMG

Cosplay Discussion, Releases, Pics & Clips
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dragoncon...OMG

Post by batgirl1969 »

Ok friends...all I can say about Dragoncon is OMG.....it was like my first time all over again...10 years later! Love it!
Met so many new people that had their dragoncon cherries popped this weekend....I tell you this is still my favorite con ever..the hotel is so f'ng amazing!! Any other forum heroines or villans go??
Judah
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Dragoncon...OMG

Post by Judah »

Sorry gotta disagree. This weekend Toronto Fan Expo rocked. Although it was a toss up between which two i could attend. The guest list ultimately tipped the scales for me. I felt the guest list was better at Toronto Fan Expo than DragonCon
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

Judah wrote:Sorry gotta disagree. This weekend Toronto Fan Expo rocked. Although it was a toss up between which two i could attend. The guest list ultimately tipped the scales for me. I felt the guest list was better at Toronto Fan Expo than DragonCon

Cool!! I never go for the celebs, I go for the props and cosplayers and to meet like minded costume freaks..lol
The costumes at DC where off the chain!!(and I was ON a chain! Lol)
Judah
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Judah »

Hey I can dig it. Its a shame that they held Toronto Fan Expo Canada and DragonCon on the same weekend. I would have loved to gone to both. They even had a Star Trek convention in NYC this weekend. Decisions....Decisions. I go for the celebrity photo ops, autographs, and artwork. Its also fun to check out the costumes and to see how creative some people can be. After attending several convention this year I would guess that this is the year of Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn. I saw soooo many people dressed as Harley.
flagonforge
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by flagonforge »

pix or it never happened.
Judah
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Judah »

Two pics and if you think I'm gonna attach pics with me in it u crazy, its called being anonymous.
Attachments
20160903_092029.jpg
20160903_092029.jpg (4.95 MiB) Viewed 8303 times
20160903_184507.jpg
20160903_184507.jpg (3.09 MiB) Viewed 8303 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

I lost count at over 45 Harley's and 25 deadpools!!
Kylo Ren was everwhere too!!
I wore Elsa, black cat, Raven, & a new one for this show for me...tank girl!!
There where so many good cosplays I can't pick what was my favorite..there was huge robots that really freaked me out...in a good way
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

Plus I got to ride a lifesize toothless dragon in costume and get my pictures with it!!! Ths thing was amazing
batmanxxx
Henchman
Henchman

Post by batmanxxx »

flagonforge wrote:pix or it never happened.
Exactly
RedMountain
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
United States of America

Post by RedMountain »

I think the pix or it never happened was meant for BG1969 on a chain...just my two cents, lol
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

RedMountain wrote:I think the pix or it never happened was meant for BG1969 on a chain...just my two cents, lol

Nah!! I am old,fat and ugly...you wouldn't want to see me as Elsa with a chain and collar...nope...no way! I even disgust myself
flagonforge
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by flagonforge »

heck, I just wanted to see any Con pix!
shevek
Producer
Producer
United States of America

Post by shevek »

This iconic black nerd has a few complaints about Dragoncon he'd like to get off his chest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-y4memwIo
ksire_99
Overlord
Overlord
United States of America

Post by ksire_99 »

batgirl1969 wrote:
RedMountain wrote:I think the pix or it never happened was meant for BG1969 on a chain...just my two cents, lol

Nah!! I am old,fat and ugly...you wouldn't want to see me as Elsa with a chain and collar...nope...no way! I even disgust myself
Perhaps you disgust yourself, but I am sure it is only because you wished you held out longer :weirdo:
flagonforge
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by flagonforge »

flagonforge wrote: 5 years ago heck, I just wanted to see any Con pix!
exactly
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

Wow....its that time again already....the sun is now in our rear view mirror on that long...oh god so long...drive to the ATL....hopefully the weather there will be good....hate seeing what is happening to Texas, terrible!
I will be in my usuals this week plus a new never before seen cosplay...its tight...its shiny....its red and black...perfect fit for this goth chic!! See ya!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

The Parade is the bomb!! Stan Lee surrounded by Gwen and Mary Jane....a good con for the spiderman universe cosplayers and here I left my black cat parts back home...CRAP!!!!
shevek
Producer
Producer
United States of America

Post by shevek »

Been seeing some cool tweets about DragonCon, batgirl1969....

Did you go to the Kevin Sorbo panel? Did you see the cosplay photo of Too Many Titans (three Terras, nine Ravens, six Starfires etc)?
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

Yes...Raven and Harley where probably the two most worn costumes this year on fri and sat and yes...that picture was amazing, so was the overall dc photo shoots. Hard to stay inconspicuous in large group pics lol. We didnt go to the sorbo panel and we somehow got into an alton brown cooking show panel for a minute but ditched that. The atmosphere at this con is not like any other...its almost like something out of a sci fi future movie...the hotel lobby and the atrium...the people on the streets...i wish it never ended.
Game of thrones was the big eye catchers this year....lots of Jon Snow and Dany plus night kings and walkers...some looked like right from the show. Were you there too? I put something on here so if people were there we would know. I didnt get to wear violet...time went to fast and i had too much fun as Raven fri and sat and switched to Catwoman after the shoots for sat night...
shevek
Producer
Producer
United States of America

Post by shevek »

No, I wish I could afford to go, maybe someday, but for now probably won't be any anything but Steel City Con, because I'm so busy here with jobs, concerts, and filming. I'm at home filming and editing my episodes. I just saw the Tweets from various folks at DragonCon. Sounds like tons of fun, a paradise for cosplay and comics fans. Glad you had a great time!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

For those who have never been....you don't know what you are missing...the Hotel reminds me of the Mega City1 in the newest Judge Dredd movie...now If only that Cutie Judge Anderson was there!!
shevek
Producer
Producer
United States of America

Post by shevek »

It's that big, huh? :) Speaking of Judge Anderson, I've always enjoyed her and I have her solo comics. You might be interested to know that a Judge Dredd TV series is in development, and Karl Urban was mentioned this month as the possible star. No word if the cute actress playing Anderson (Olivia Thirlby) would return as well (however she is bisexual so you can still imagine you have a shot).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

I am sure Olivia would love a hardcore goth chic like me....blondes always love black haired chics best!!
stationk
Henchman
Henchman
United States of America

Post by stationk »

batgirl1969 wrote: 4 years ago I am sure Olivia would love a hardcore goth chic like me....blondes always love black haired chics best!!
How would YOU know... ? ;)
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

stationk wrote: 4 years ago
batgirl1969 wrote: 4 years ago I am sure Olivia would love a hardcore goth chic like me....blondes always love black haired chics best!!
Lol!!! Well...YOU know!! I am somewhat of an expert on Blondes!
stationk
Henchman
Henchman
United States of America

Post by stationk »

batgirl1969 wrote: 4 years ago
stationk wrote: 4 years ago
Lol!!! Well...YOU know!! I am somewhat of an expert on Blondes!
If you look at my profile icon.. should I be worried ? :)

Batgirl is suppose to be the daring damsel in peril ;)
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

Wow...the post con depression is going to hit hard this time, have had such a good time this year, not as fun or crazy as a few previous years but still a world class con, Today is my last day here and we are just now waking up from last nights parties...have to squeeze in some serious fun the next 6 hours!!!
shevek
Producer
Producer
United States of America

Post by shevek »

Glad you had a good time again, BG1969. I don't understand why we don't have parties at Steel City Con, like DragonCon does. This year for Dec 7-9 I rented a hotel room for two nights, just in case something goes down with alcohol and debauchery, we'll have a place to bring it back to. If you are planning to come to Steel City Con this winter, BG1969, stop by the Heroineburgh booth and say hi. We'll be showing Episodes 11-13 on Friday afternoon as well.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Post by Shakeshift »

There *are* wild parties at Steel City Con, but they're private parties with the celebrity guests and they're usually held in the suites or off-site at someone's home so that the police don't get called in when things get crazy.

The private parties generally only invite the sexy ladies though to attend because the nerd guys en masse tend to give off the desperate/needy vibe when drunk which women really don't find very sexy or appealing. Jennifer Blaze always gets invites to all the best parties at Steel Con, as do her friends Stephie Sylar, Shanis McGhee etc... Steelman is one of the only guys who gets an invite to the really good private parties.
Attachments
hulk_hogan_jenn.jpg
hulk_hogan_jenn.jpg (400.81 KiB) Viewed 4649 times
Last edited by Shakeshift 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

I have yet to not be invited to any parties, DC seems to just continue all weekend long not stopping, maybe its the location and hotels or the people that come to this one but it is the one I look forward to the most! Of course it is kind of my special con, it was my first cosplay event, my first real life bdsm roleplay event, and my first real superheroine in peril experience in a costumed villain group....it defined me! Will always be my love
shevek
Producer
Producer
United States of America

Post by shevek »

I've meet Steelman in person several times, at pretty much every Con we've attended (both Steel City and 3 Rivers). The first time a couple years ago, he offered to show us an afterparty but nothing really materialized. I'm sure we'll see him again soon.

Yeah, I just thought it would be cool to make more of a fun weekend of it this time especially as we are celebrating the completion of our Season One. I was overstating the case about 'alcohol and debauchery' of course..I don't drink, but it would be fun to be able to socialize after hours. I guess we'll see what goes down.

Nice to hear about your adventures at DragonCon, BG1969!!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

guess what time is almost upon us??? the biggest con of the year for me and my crew, this is the one we save up all year for and this year bringing some additional goodies...new strands of dice beads, a dragon headed handle whip and matching vibe...Slave Daenerys...I hope the parade is as hot as it was last few times...walking in costume in that humid heat really puts your body thru a test....and sweat...lots of sweat....
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

So I am concerned headed to Atlanta for Dragon Con with a Hurricane headed towards Florida and up the East Coast...hope it don't rain on my parade!!!! This year stands to be the biggest party we have at DC, we have a van with 8 people in our cos group this year...if we don't make history this year, we never will...look out virgins and nerds...here we cum!!!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary
United States of America

Post by DrDominator9 »

Be safe, BG1969. This Dorian looks like it's going to be a very nasty hurricane.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Wales

Post by tallyho »

Yep good luck anyone affected.
Stay safe
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

My favorite cosplay of the con had to be the girl as Belle Delphine in an inflatable bathtub with a bottle of water....my god she looked perfect...I really wanted to get close and talk to her but was not able to...I have a new appreciation for the real Belle now too...what an awesome gamer girl!!! love her!!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

So here we are again another year of costumed cum covered fun in Hotlanta!! Also weird that also another Hurricane has been a bane to the area. We just landed 15 minutes ago looks like it will be hot this weekend so Catwoman and the Baroness may only have some inside limited appearances!! If you here have fun, if you are not you should be!!! Look Atlanta here we go again
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Wales

Post by tallyho »

Have fun you wicked feline

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary
United States of America

Post by DrDominator9 »

Catwoman indoors needs to wear a mask with whiskers painted on. Just sayin'. Have fun, sweetie. Don't overdose on the joy juices... of any kind. ;)
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

I have some pretty creative masks we brought hahaha.. first time we can walk around this con with an 8buckle ballgag or the face muzzle without sticking out like a sore thumb, have already seen some great Jokers, that guy from mad Max and cute princess and star wars masks...leave it to the cosplay community to take this and make it part of our art, amazing stuff here hopefully this weekend, bad news is the Parade is "Attendees" only...meaning the general public may not be lining the streets, that's where we meet a LOT of new cosplay kink recruits...boo!!!
vnv7272
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Post by vnv7272 »

How does one become a cosplay kink recruit? ;) I would be best suited for aged Jedi. I might be able to pull off Qui-Gon, but my beard is too gray. err... white.

I've actually been thinking about ideas, like what if Robin stayed into the Robin suit into his 50s, how would that look?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador
Wales

Post by tallyho »

vnv7272 wrote: 2 weeks ago How does one become a cosplay kink recruit? ;) I would be best suited for aged Jedi. I might be able to pull off Qui-Gon, but my beard is too gray. err... white.

I've actually been thinking about ideas, like what if Robin stayed into the Robin suit into his 50s, how would that look?
Sounding more and more like a Gandalf with every sentence... 😀

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by batgirl1969 »

tallyho wrote: 2 weeks ago
vnv7272 wrote: 2 weeks ago How does one become a cosplay kink recruit? ;) I would be best suited for aged Jedi. I might be able to pull off Qui-Gon, but my beard is too gray. err... white.

Sounding more and more like a Gandalf with every sentence... 😀
We LOVE old bearded wizards with powerful Magic Wands!!!!!!