Batman Arkham Knight

All Online Games!
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

So it's a video game not a movie/TV show, but I thought it'd merit a mention. Turns out that one of the pre-order bonuses lets you play part of the game as Harley Quinn, and another DLC lets you play as Batgirl. Which is pretty cool, if you like watching them get slapped around I guess you can just play badly. :D

Apparently the Harley Quinn part of the game has her infiltrate a police station in Bludhaven to free Poison Ivy. Should be pretty cool.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Here's a picture of the Batgirl design. I'm not sure who Batgirl actually is in this one, since the Arkham games have Barbara Gordon in her Oracle role.

Will be interesting to see what, if any, alternate costumes pop up. I'm not surprised the default is more or less a suit of armour, fits with the established style of the games.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

If Oracle is in the game, maybe she's suppose to be Cassandra Cain? The hair color would be about right for that.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Seems so. She seems a lot more badass than a typical Batgirl, which is to be expected given the baddies in the game seem to be rolling with drones, armoured vehicles and heavy weapons. Not sure what role she'll take but she'll have to be thoroughly bulletproof.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

She looks hot, I think but not sold on the boots/knee down greaves (or whatever they are)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Yeah the greaves look odd. I guess it's sort of a kneepad thing built into the front of the boot armour or something. Will be interesting to see where they go with the character in terms of animations and fighting style and so on though. Catwoman in Arkham City had some brilliant animations, for basically everything, but I'm guessing they might (unfortunately) dial down the sexiness for Batgirl because let's face it, Catwoman is sex on legs and Batgirl's all about earnestly punching people.

Harley Quinn could be interesting though because quite a lot is made in the earlier games of her being physically pretty weak, there's less fight in her than a regular goon. That said she doesn't really look, y'know, stealthy, at all, ever, not even once. So I'm not sure what they'll do with her. My guess from what I've seen so far is that her fighting style, such as it is, will be largely baseball bat based. Which should level the playing field a little. But not sure if it'll lend itself to the sort of sexy skulking around that defined Catwoman in the last game.

Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

The Batgirl mission is called A Family Issue or something like that, so it might even be a prequel of before Barbara became Oracle.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:She looks hot, I think but not sold on the boots/knee down greaves (or whatever they are)
I ended up hearing a lot about this from Eve when i asked her about it in the comics. There is a standard boot and above it at the top of the boot and attached to it there is a flexible body armor mesh that covered the knee when the knee is bent. this is there to provide an extra level of protection during fights and the rough acrobatics. in order to not have it look stupid it was shaped in the form of a bat.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Harley Quinn's got her own trailer. She's been reborn hard since the last game she appeared in.

Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Blx wrote:The Batgirl mission is called A Family Issue or something like that, so it might even be a prequel of before Barbara became Oracle.
... oh dear Jesus please tell me they're not bringing Jim Junior into this. By now, the only appeal of the Arkhamverse for me is that at least it's not Scott Snyder's Batverse.
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

There's a part in arkham city where you run into Harley bound and gagged. U actually get to repeatedly gag and in gag her!
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

No Batgirl in it yet, and there's only about fifteen minutes of Harley Quinn mission. But it's great fun. She doesn't do stealth, she does hitting people with a baseball bat. Favourite bit so far was seeing her smash a cop into an electrical junction box, pinning his head in there with her knee to fry him and proclaiming, "Lovely jubbly!" Fun on a bun. :)
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Okay, so the Batgirl DLC has dropped. It's on Youtube and it's about 45-60 minutes long. There's no peril in it or whatsoever, but the graphics look pretty good.

Also, the original game code has been hacked and the code has shown what types of DLC will be available for download. There will be three Batgirl DLC costumes available namely:

Bruce Timm:

Classic TV Series, yes that costume:

New 52:

But unfortunately no peril scenes. Maybe there'll be some ryona vids on youtube though.
Dave
Sargeant
Sargeant

The DLC is Barbara Gordon trying to save her father from Joker and harley in case you didn't see the above trailer...i guess it is a prequel...
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Just bumping this because the game is -mostly- complete now, it's got most of it's DLC and the challenge modes as all characters and so on are in, which is great because they were a huge omission from the last game. It also means that you get to play as Catwoman, Batgirl and Harley on the Predator maps and have them creep around stealthily asphyxiating enemy goons, or just kicking the shit out of them as Harley (by her own admission she doesn't do quiet).

There's a rubbery version of Harley's classic Harlequin costume in the game, but it's not playable yet because There Is No God. She fights in it in the Batgirl DLC though so with a bit of modding it might be possible to sneak her, and it, into the game more often (the lack of any female goons is a huge omission and would make the Predator maps -awesome-). And there's going to be a few more Batgirl costumes on the way as Blx kindly mentioned (I hadn't heard about them, looking forward to them).

Couple of screenies of the extra Catwoman outfits which are in and playable. The classic TV series one is great. I especially like that they modelled the amount of hairspray required for hair that big accurately (if you hang upside off a ceiling it barely moves).

The DLC story sections for Catwoman and Batgirl are short and not particularly brilliant, but as I mentioned above adding them as playable to all the other game mods is very cool. Also there's a mod you can get that allows you to play as any character in the open world part of the game, although it is worth noting that without any of them having their own cars getting around is a bit of a chore. :)

Also the PC version is patched up and it works better than it did before, on my PC at least, for what that's worth in the crazy world of stuff not working as it should.

Other than the pervy stuff, must confess I think this patched, more DLC complete version has really grown on me. Feels like a last hurrah for the series of games too, which in turn makes it feel like a last hurrah for the brilliant Warner Bros cartoon from the 90s from which the game takes a lot of its style and nearly all of its voice cast (Mark Hamill is the best Joker ever, this is a Fact).