Thugs versus...

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.

Which superheroine should be taken down, dungeon-style, by one or more nasty thugs?

Batgirl!
35%
Supergirl!
45%
Sue Storm!
19%

Total votes: 31
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey Folks,

So, after a literal year of setbacks, delays and general work overload I am looking to get back on track with pumping out stories on the forum. I've finally set some concrete writing time aside for the foreseeable future and I'm itching to use it as productively as I can while the going is good. Before anything I'm editing the (probably) final sequence to the Aurelia story this week and will probably start posting up sections of it as soon as they've been edited, and then will come editing (and finishing) the fourth Pariah episode to start posting chapters in the wake of Aurelia.

But whilst this is all going on I would like to sharpen my teeth on a short story to get back into the SHIP zone (it's been a while at this point!) for finishing the Pariah episode and possibly starting another heroine in the Azureverse… To that end I would like to write a much shorter story for the dungeon, which would be a fairly straight forward, down and dirty defeat for a heroine at the hands of one or more thugs. I don't want to bend over backwards doing the legwork to build up a OC heroine for the task, so the poor gal will be one of the big established superheroines.

My very mild preference is Batgirl, but I'm pretty on the fence about which heroine to use. So... if you guys were going to open up a short, sordid unravelling of a DC/Marvel superheroine at the hands of a common thug or two (or three, who knows) in the next month or two - which would you rather read? Baring in mind the conceit for the story will be 'random thug(s) win'.

Also, if there's any elements you might like to see in the story I would be happy to include them.
Last edited by Void 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A nice hot tight tan blonde like supergirl, star girl or even better....sue storm!!!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I would be interested in how you handle either Batgirl or Supergirl. Since you've just written about Wonder Woman (sort of) in Amazos for about a year or so, I think she's off the table.

:giggle:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
kendra
Henchman
Henchman

Hmm...
I'd go for Black Bat for a lesser known Batgirl type. Though Batgirl is always fun...
I'd also like to see Sue storm in a situation without her special suit and her invisibility only covers her body, but not sure you're in to that.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Not DC/Marvel but She-ra has her own rogues gallery and does have a sword that transforms into anything she wants. I wonder what sort of things it could be done to poor She-ra if a villain got a hold of it. hmmmm.
IMG_01431.png
IMG_01431.png (686.86 KiB) Viewed 2987 times
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

Thanks for the input, guys, I really appreciate it.

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for She-ra, and just generally the swords and sorcery style setting she's set in. But I'd want to use something more exciting than thugs for an enemy in that setting, like some sort of evil wizard or a cohort of orcs or whatever. I've flirted a lot with using that kind of setting for a story here, but wasn't sure if it was too far removed from super heroes (though Aurelia is equally distant, really). Might come back to that one.

Yeah Dr D, I'm pretty much tapped out on Wonder Woman - not to mention I think I would just feel bad to give her a hard time after growing so fond of her in Amazos. It's going to be an emotional roller coaster for me when she faces up to whatever you have in store for her in that same story. Looking forward to it, though!

I think Stargirl might be too far out my range, BG. Her personality is also sort of a difficult one to imperil in these scenes, if I remember her right. She is hawt, though. Very hawt.

So that would seem to leave Batgirl, Super Girl and Sue Storm. I love the idea of a peril scene with Sue Storm - there's something really enticing about her more mature, married status - but I really don't know the character at all. Still tempting, though... Do the fantastic four even deal with conventional crime, or are they more into fighting things from space and other dimensions? I love Batgirl's pep, and I think it could be a cool scene to have that stripped away by a nasty pimp or whatnot getting the upper hand out of nowhere. I confess I haven't heard of Black Bat, but I will look her up - but for now I'm thinking of Gail Simone's batgirl from the new 52 run. Supergirl is a really intimidating character to me. She's so unreasonably powerful - but then that has by far the greatest transfer in power if a thug gets the upper hand there. Does kryptonite take away her invulnerability as well as her strength? Err... asking for a friend.

Ahh, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop. I want everything but I haven't got enough pocket money. Sod it, I'll put up a pole between those three and go with it.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Void wrote:
5 years ago

Ahh, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop. I want everything but I haven't got enough pocket money. Sod it, I'll put up a pole between those three and go with it.
I believe you mean "put up a poll" but then again, all three are very attractive, so who knows.

Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

DrDominator9 wrote:
5 years ago
Void wrote:
5 years ago

I believe you mean "put up a poll" but then again, all three are very attractive, so who knows.

DOH!

Ahem, I mean: You don't know - I'm just erecting a tent, and thought I'd let you all know. Also, in unrelated news, I've started a poll.
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hurm, so it's close, then! I'll close the poll a week from today and we'll run with whatever ends up on top. In the case of a draw, which looks very possible at this point, I guess I will try to use both in the same story. It sets me all wrong to cross comic streams like that but it seems the best solution.

I've got a skeleton scenario sketched out for each heroine, and I'm equally excited for each, so whichever girl 'wins' it should be a fun story. I probably wont jump right into the peril, and will start with a chapter that establishes our gal, but the intent after that is to nosedive into depravity for the rest of the story.
Powergirl
Neophyte
Neophyte

She-Ra is in DC Comics now, actually. I saw her with He-Man in them. :)
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

Sweet! I had no idea. I would pick that up if the art and writing are decent. If it's superheroish enough for DC then I'm in - I think a perilous story about She-Ra would be awesome.
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

Looks like it might be SG. I will need to take a brave pill before attempting her, but I'm warming to the idea the more I think about it. Now, given that the whole point of this was 'thugs' taking the day, I hope no one minds that I'm going to go straight to kryptonite. I know it's a little boring and cliché, but the girl is so powerful that literally anything else won't do the things I need them to do. I briefly considered some kind of hypnosis thing, which could yet make an appearance, but that wouldn't change her godlike physicality... and that presents its own problems if anything kinky is going to happen. I'm not clear that Kara could even have sex with a mere human if she wanted to whilst she wasn't de-powered, such is the overwhelming nature of her invulnerability and strength. I seem to recall superman has the same issue.

In any case I'll try not to make it painfully generic, but I think the green rock will be doing its classic thing here.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kryptonite dildos and Kryptonite anal beads....or heck...even a full kryptonite anal hook would work!
Have to love Supergirl!!
Powergirl
Neophyte
Neophyte

Power Girl is better :)
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

From my very, very limited understanding I agree. She's basically the same character except more mature and self-assured, isn't she?

In any case, Supergirl has edged it and I will begin work on this one sometime in July. I will probably favour a version of her more like the tv series and less like the cartoons or what I've seen of her in the comics - unless that's controversial. I said I would close the poll but... I don't know how - so here's hoping it doesn't spring back to life in the coming weeks and some other heroine ends up on top.

It's also my intent to take the full-fat version of her powers, taking the feats DC has shown for superman and upkeeping the precedents set by that. So, some of that may impact on her character in ways that might differ a little from the original - but hopefully not offensively so. It's going to be a challenge to show her plausibly losing to regular thugs!