The Huntress Returns

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Bert
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Canada

The Huntress Returns

Post by Bert »

The Huntress Returns

Bzzzz bzzzz, bzzzz bzzzz, a clock radio interrupted the early morning quiet. A feminine hand deftly reached out and pressed the OFF button, returning the room to silence. A quick twist of the wrist flipped the lone sheet off, and a long, luxurious full body stretch followed. Then the taut form rolled off the bed in one fluid motion into a pushup position on the floor. Dressed only in an old, snug tee shirt and panties, loose dark hair cascading down both sides of her face towards the floor, Helena began her morning routine. With flawless form she lowered her body until her medium sized, perfectly formed breasts touched the floor. She hovered there for two seconds, her raven hair bunched on the floor hiding her face, triceps protruding from the lightly tanned and perfect skin of her upper arms, the line of her straight back and legs interrupted only by the firm and shapely buttocks of her athletic figure. She pressed back up to complete the pushup, and then did another, and another. One hundred pushups, all with perfect form, and with almost metronomic cadence, slowing only slightly for the last fifteen or so, with just a hint of shaking from her arms.

The workout continued for a full hour without rest. Abs, legs, shoulders, chest, back, arms, nothing escaped the exhausting and gruelling routine. Done without weights or aids of any kind, the workout incorporated yoga, dance, strength training and martial arts into a symphony of balance, coordination, strength and flexibility. Few individuals had the skill and dexterity to seamlessly carry out the routine. Fewer still the fitness to complete it nonstop within an hour.

Helena showered and changed. A tingle of excitement coursed through her. It was a special day, one she had been working toward for several years. She wolfed down a bagel and cream cheese and headed to work.

The offices of Levitz & Staton, Attorneys at Law were modern and bright. The top floor of the building afforded ample natural light, and the decor befitted one of Gotham's leading legal firms. An understated “ding” sounded as the express elevator doors began to swoosh open. Somehow, as if by some unseen force, all eyes in the exquisite company foyer swivelled to the elevator. An impossibly long feminine leg extended out the opening as the doors retracted. Up, up the eyes travelled, from the black, modest two inch pump to the slim ankle and trim but powerful looking calf. A black pencil skirt ended two inches below the knee, but the eyes followed upward as first a knee and then most of a shapely thigh extended through the slightly overlapped slit in the tight skirt. A light cream coloured silk blouse was loosely tucked into the skirt. A curtain of dark, slightly wavy hair, long and bouncy, fell over and around wide shoulders. It extended below the woman's shoulder blades in the back and covered the tops of her noticeably protruding breasts in the front. The blouse was casually buttoned and revealed a glimpse of her breasts in an unaffected yet magnetic fashion. Her radiant skin contrasted perfectly with the cream blouse and ebony locks. The shiny mane framed a face of breathtaking beauty. She wore no makeup, and despite the rapt attention her entrance invoked, she seemed oblivious to her beauty. She warmly greeted the receptionist by name, collected her mail and breezed through the foyer towards the rear offices. A noticeable silence persisted for several seconds after she was gone, finally giving way again to the normal chatter of a busy office.

“Was that...” began the tall man seated with a company lawyer in a corner sectional as he found his voice.

“Yup, Helena Wayne. She's been with us for three years now. Just between you and me, I hear she's already up for partner.”
A brief synopsis of my heroine peril stories is linked below.
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=34624
Bert
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Canada

Re: The Huntress Returns

Post by Bert »

Chapter II

The meeting began at 10 A.M. sharp. John Levitz and Xavier Staton were both present, which was unusual in itself, but several now retired partners were also in attendance. An air of anticipation permeated the conference room. At least 20 people were seated around the massive oval smoked glass table. Levitz stood, quieting the room. He began to speak.

“Ladies and gentlemen, our firm has succeeded in Gotham these last thirty years for one reason. We hire and promote the most exceptional lawyers this country has to offer. In keeping with that strategy, the time has come to add a new senior partner to our ranks.”

A murmur of excitement rose in the room. Several candidates had a shot at the prize – who would it be?
Office gossip in the weeks leading up to the meeting centered on two candidates, Helena and the firm's head divorce lawyer, Ashton Hatley. Hatley was intensely disliked within the firm, but as the husband of John Levitz's niece, his prospect at making partner was seen as strong. His detractors had to admit, Ashton won a lot of cases. He exclusively represented men in divorce cases, and had a reputation for ruthlessness and borderline tactics.

“To be honest, this wasn't a hard decision. Our candidate has worked extremely hard, raised the profile of the firm and brought in several important clients. It gives me great pleasure to welcome our new senior partner...Helena Wayne!”

Helena smiled broadly and stood up. The room erupted with the sounds of clapping and hearty congratulations as the staff rose to their feet as one. She looked towards John Levitz. He grinned, pressed his hands together and bent forward in an almost imperceptible bow. Helena smiled and returned the gesture.

Without warning, the celebration was disrupted by a loud bang. All eyes turned back to the conference table, where a lone individual, Ashton Hatley, remained seated. His meaty fists were pressed onto the table where he had just slammed them.

John Levitz broke the silence. “Ashton! What is the meaning of this?” he demanded sternly.

Ashton's broad, blocky face had darkened to the color of an overripe tomato. In a deep, trembling voice that was somehow whiny and threatening at once, he spoke: “You're promoting this, this dilettante over me?” He waved his hand dismissively towards Helena as he bellowed the words. “I've been here two years longer than her, and I bring in big money every year.”

At the far end of the room, out of earshot of Hatley, one lawyer whispered to another “I've never seen Ash-Hat this angry. I'd keep your head down if I were you!”, eliciting a knowing nod from his coworker. Everyone in the office had been on the receiving end of abuse from Ashton at some point over the years. He never hesitated to remind staff that John Levitz was his wife's uncle. Worse, he wasn't shy about using his hulking form to intimidate people. Although a knee injury in college had ended his football career, Ashley still had the build of a linebacker.

John Levitz crossed his arms and glared at Ashton as he would a misbehaving child.

“Ashton, you have been reported to the Bar Association twice in the last three years. We've used all our influence just to keep you from being disbarred...”

“Bah, those whiny bitches just couldn't stand to lose.” Ashton interjected, referring to the spouses of men he had represented, aware he had interrupted the senior partner but unable to stay quiet.

“...As I was saying...” John continued, arching an eyebrow at Ashton “...we keep bailing you out of trouble. Meanwhile, Helena has brought in four major accounts. Plus she almost singlehandedly runs our pro bono program, for which we have won awards from Gotham City Hall.”

“Oh sure, little miss perfect can afford to work for free – she's filthy rich! I live in the real world where getting paid matters.”

“Ashton, I was the executor of my brother's will. If you hadn't blown through the six and a half million dollars he bequeathed you, perhaps you'd be less money hungry.”

A quiet gasp from the room at this revelation caused Ashton's face to further darken, to an almost purple shade. He slowly stood to his full height, pressed his balled fists onto the glass table and leaned forward towards Helena, who had returned to her seat along with the rest of the staff. At 6 foot 4, he towered over the room. His business suit seemed a full size too small for him. It bulged through the arms and legs, and the jacket seemed inadequate to the task of covering his barrel chest. His thick neck, partly a vestige of his years playing football, was adorned with an expensive silk tie, but the knot was carelessly tied and sat slightly askew. In total, his presentation was incongruous. He seemed more suited to the heavy leather apron of a blacksmith than a business suit. Looming above the new senior partner, Hatley attempted to use his size and simmering aggression to intimidate her. The effort was a spectacular failure. Helena merely looked up at him with serene calmness, while Hatley immediately became flustered. From his vantage point he stared down at her incomparably beautiful face and her alluring cleavage. Through the lightly smoked glass of the oval table, Helena's crossed legs were clearly visible. The black slit skirt was fully parted, draping down either side of her completely exposed right thigh. Ashton gulped audibly, his furious expression changing to one of frustration and confusion.

“Ashton, sit down!”, John Levitz ordered, diffusing the charged moment with practiced authority.

The huge man turned and stared defiantly at his wife's uncle for a moment, but he finally looked away and retook his seat. The awkwardness passed, and the celebration restarted. Speeches followed, including a few gracious words from Helena. A champagne cork popped and flutes tinkled together as toasts were offered. After a few minutes, Xavier Staton spoke up: “I'm very proud of you, Helena, as I know your parents would be. All right then people, time to get back to work. The light bill doesn't pay itself!”

Chuckles filled the room at Staton's oft-used phrase. Everyone knew the firm was among the most financially successful in the country. Staff members and invited guests chatted amiably as they slowly filed out of the conference room. Just as Helena was entering the doorway, Ashton Hatley shouldered the new partner from the right. The firm contact, combined with her momentum, caused her to collide with the door frame. Helena's left breast took the brunt of the impact, eliciting a pronounced “unhhh” as her right hand instinctively moved to her cream colored blouse over her breast. A young male lawyer with the firm who witnessed Hatley's intentional shove confronted him.

“Ashton, you did that on purpose.”

The bullying giant wheeled suddenly, his mouth curled into a snarl, and grabbed the young man by the lapel of his suit jacket. The shocked man found himself pinned to the outside wall of the conference room.

“And what do you intend to do about it, Carlyle?” Hatley rumbled at the much smaller man, who seemed to visibly shrink in stature before his brutish colleague.

“Release him, Ashton.” Helena ordered.

“Mind your own business, you prissy bitch.” Hatley replied without even glancing her way. Several other people were watching the altercation now with amazement. Direct violence, even from Ashton Hatley, had never occurred within the offices of the firm. Stepping forward, Helena reached in and grabbed the enraged lawyer's thumb where it gripped the other man's lapel.

“I said release him!” she said sharply, simultaneously twisting the brute's thumb up and away from the smaller man's suit.

“Aughh!” Hatley roared in pain and frustration. Helena twisted the big man's thumb until his arm was fully extended out from his body. He rose to his toes attempting to ease the pressure on his thumb and locked elbow. “Get off me, woman!” he bellowed. Smiles creased the faces of several of the watching staff as the beautiful woman easily controlled a man who had bullied all of them more than once. Hatley's eyes darted back and forth at their faces, keenly aware of his humiliating position.

Helena calmly released Hatley's thumb after a moment. He rubbed the painful digit and took a menacing step towards the firm's newest partner, but paused as he glanced at the assembled employees. Staring daggers at Helena, his face returning to the same reddish purple hue as earlier, he rumbled a chilling threat - “You're dead, Wayne.” Again glancing at the surrounding employees, he continued - “The rest of you I'll deal with in my own time.”
Bert
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Canada

Post by Bert »

Chapter III

Helena watched the faces of her coworkers blanch as Hatley's threatening words to them sank in. Imposing, crude, unafraid to intimidate with his size, the man had bullied junior staff for years. Their fearful response to him now ignited a feeling Helena hadn't experienced for three years, a desire for physical justice.

Unknown to anyone, save for her departed father's good friend Xavier Staton, Helena had lived a dual life until three years prior. Aspiring lawyer and lone heir to the Wayne fortune during the day, but when darkness fell she transformed into Gotham's protector, the Huntress. Trained from youth by none other than The Batman himself, father Bruce Wayne. Possessing all the keen intelligence and physical gifts of both her famous father and her mysterious mother Selina Kyle, storied thief turned crimefighter, Catwoman.

For a decade, after the disappearance of the Batman, Huntress battled crime and kept the streets safe for Gothamites. Her legendary detective abilities, array of tools and weapons and unmatched combat skills were the scourge of the criminal element. And then, three years ago, the Huntress vanished. Now, faced with a violent co-worker and an intimidated staff, the protective instinct flared in her heart. She could suppress it no longer.

“That's the last straw, Hatley. I don't care about your empty threats to me, but going after the firm's staff is way over the line.”

“Oh really?” Hatley asked with mock seriousness, turning and stepping toward Helena with his usual threatening demeanor. “And what, exactly, do you intend to do about it? Report me to my uncle?”

“No Ashton, his soft spot for you has done enough damage around here already. I'll meet you on the roof in ten minutes, on the picnic lawn. We'll settle out differences there. Loser quits the firm.”

The brute recoiled from her brash challenge, a shocked expression passing quickly across his broad, blocky features before his usual scowl returned. “Loser at what? Yoga?” A cruel smirk curled the edge of his lip. Confused looks clouded the faces of the surrounding staff members.

“No Ashton, we're going to fight. If I win, you must quit the firm. If you win, I'll step down.”

“You want to fight? Fight me? For real?”

“Ten minutes. The roof.”

One of the women gasped aloud as Helena looked up into Hatley's startled face. “Hey, let's all calm down here. I'm fine Helena, there's no need to make a big deal out of this.” said the man who had been pinned against the wall.

“No.” Helena said with a steely voice, never taking her eyes off Ashton Hatley, “This abuse has been going on for years. It stops now.”

A smile, cruel and mocking, began to spread across Ashton's face. “You're serious aren't you, Wayne? Tell me, how do we decide the winner of this 'fight'?”

“When one of us gives up, the other is the winner.” she replied, her voice firm with icy resolve.

“Really?” Hatley replied with a thick layer of mockery. “And what are the 'rules' of this 'fight' we're going to have?”

“No weapons.” Helena replied, maintaining steady eye contact with the hulking divorce lawyer. Implicit in her terse reply was that there were no other rules. One of his eyebrows rose slightly at her response. Then his face darkened from it's amused, mocking look, taking on a more sinister expression.

“Fine by me, Wayne. It's you're funeral. And if you think I'll go easy on you because you're a woman, you're in for one helluva surprise.”

“Let's wait and see who ends up surprised.” Helena replied with just a hint of a grin. Ashton scowled at her, turned on his heel and stalked off. The moment he was out of sight the other staff members rushed to Helena to try to talk her out of fighting the enormous man.

“What were you thinking?” one woman cried, “He's a brute. You need to call this off!”

“Please Helena, listen to reason.” Carlyle begged, “He's a beast. You can't fight him - he'll break you in half!”

“I appreciate your concern, but I won't stand by and watch this abuse any longer. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.”

“But...” Carlyle began, only to be cut off by Helena as she placed her hand on the concerned coworker's shoulder.

“Trust me, Ron.”

With that, Helena turned and walked to the corner office of Xavier Staton. His secretary buzzed her in as Staton rose from behind his desk and stepped toward her. They embraced, a warm hug between a friend and mentor and his young protege. Staton stepped back after a moment while still holding Helena's upper arms.

“My dear, if only Bruce and Selina could see you now. They would be bursting with pride. I'm so pleased, and relieved, that you chose to go all in on your law career rather than continuing with your...other endeavors.”

Helena looked down for a moment before looking back into Staton's greyish-blue eyes with a purposeful gaze.

“About that, Xavier...”

The strikingly beautiful woman explained the previous five minutes to her mentor, concluding with her challenge to Ashton Hatley. Staton's eyes widened perceptibly upon learning of the upcoming fight.

“ I suppose it's pointless to try to dissuade you from this foolhardy action?” Xavier inquired.

“Xavier, the undercurrent of fear and intimidation here must be dealt with. Your duties keep you busy away from the office, and John won't fix the problem out of loyalty to his niece. This is the best chance to deal with Ashton's bullying without public infighting marring the firm or a drawn out wrongful dismissal suit from him. He'll never go public if it means admitting he lost a fight with a woman.”

“You've really thought this through, Helena. But what about the fight? Hatley's no pushover. The man's a mountain of muscle. Are you sure you can take him? The Huntress has been retired for three years.”

“That's where you come in. I need you to let the fight continue, no matter what happens. I am rusty, and things may take a bad turn. You have to promise me that no matter what happens you will not stop the fight. The others will follow your lead. I'll beat him, Xavier, but you have to let it continue and trust me. I've survived tough situations before. I'll find a way. Can I count on you?”

The aging lawyer looked down. He viewed the woman before him as the daughter he never had. He had never approved of her exploits as the Huntress, though he had to admit that she had been very effective. At least until...'no Xavier, don't let your thoughts go there' he admonished himself for dwelling on the circumstances of Helena's retirement from active crime fighting.

He viewed her current plan as far too risky, but he knew she would not be deterred. Strong-mindedness was definitely a powerful trait in the Wayne family. The best he could do was support her any way he could. He looked back into her piercing eyes, suddenly feeling old.

“Okay, Helena. I won't allow the fight to be stopped.”

“Thank you, Xavier. I know this isn't easy for you.” Helena took his hand in both of hers for a moment, and then began to turn to leave the office. He pulled her back to face him again.

“What is it, Xavier?”

“Kick that brute's ass, Helena!” he said with a hint of a grin. She nodded, and then she was gone.
Bert
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Canada

Post by Bert »

Chapter IV

The entire staff of Levitz & Staton had gathered on the building's roof by the time Helena Wayne arrived. There was a grassed area in the center of the roof used for company picnics and other functions, and employees had lined two sides of it in anticipation of the unprecedented fight about to unfold. There was an atmosphere of disbelief among the assembled staff, as well as concern. Helena was liked and respected, while Ashton Hatley was feared and reviled. To a person, they believed Helena had made a grievous error in challenging the burly and rage-prone divorce lawyer. Mike and Steve, the two junior attorneys who had joked about Ashton Hatley's temper in the conference room earlier, were incredulous about the fight.

“Wayne must have lost her mind. If she shows up for this farce I'll eat my shirt.” Mike opined.

“I hope she doesn't. Ash-Hat must outweigh her by almost a hundred pounds, and he's the meanest son of a bitch I know. She wouldn't stand a chance against him.” Steve said with an expression of concern furrowing his brow.

“I guess being born filthy rich makes people think rules, even the rules of physics, don't apply to them. If Helena thinks a few kickboxing fitness classes make her a match for that animal, she's in for a painful shock.”

Several feet away, two of the firm's female lawyers conversed.

“Greta, I can't believe you talked me into coming up here. I adore Helena. I hate the thought of her fighting that beast, Ashton Hatley. Women's empowerment is about us having a fair shake in the workplace, not challenging hulking bullies like Hatley to a fight. I have no idea what she was thinking with this challenge. I don't want to see her get hurt.”

“Anna, if you respect Helena so much why don't you have any faith in her? She's the smartest person I've ever met. I'm confident she has a plan. Just trust her.”

Anna looked into her friend's eyes. Her fears for Helena were almost crippling, but Greta's words offered a faint lifeline of hope. Anna latched onto that lifeline. “I pray you're right” she said, clasping the taller woman's hand in both of hers.

Ashton Hatley emerged from the rooftop doorway and walked with powerful, confident strides to the center of the lawn. He glared at the surrounding crowd, a tiny smirk curling the edge of his mouth.

“Don't worry, folks. If Wayne actually shows her face, this thing will be over quick and you can all get back to work.”

“Whatever you say, Ash-hat.” someone intoned from the edge of the lawn.

“Who said that!” Hatley demanded, his volcanic temper beginning to boil as he scanned the assembled faces. No one responded. “I'll find out, and whoever it was will regret it deeply.”

“Still threatening the staff, Ashley?”

Hatley whirled around, his face contorting with rage, to see Helena Wayne ten feet from him on the grass. She stood with her arms crossed and a calm, attentive expression on her face. With the help of her two inch, ankle-strapped pumps she stood an even six feet in height. Her relaxed posture had most of her 145 pounds resting on one leg, allowing the other knee to be slightly bent. It protruded from the long slit in her black skirt, exposing most of her perfect thigh to the beefy lawyer. Her crossed arms pressed up slightly under her breasts, enhancing the cleavage her cream colored blouse displayed. Long dark waves of hair dropped past her shoulders, bracketing the deep vee of her partially unbuttoned blouse and drawing further attention to her perfect breasts.

Hatley's angry expression faltered when confronted with Helena Wayne's sudden appearance. He was at once astonished that she had come at all, and also flustered by her undeniably sexy presentation. He gulped, and stuttered “S...so you actually decided t...to show, eh Wayne?”

“Yes Ashton, and I've instructed Xavier...” she glanced to her left where the senior partner was joining the ranks of the bystanders “...to not allow the fight to be stopped until one of us surrenders.”

Hatley began to regain his composure. The habitual sneer returned to his still angry face. “Any other rules I should know about before I kick your skinny ass?”

“No, that's abou...Nughh” Helena's response was cut off by grunt of pain as the heavily muscled lawyer struck her square in the face with a premature clubbing blow. She spun to her right, ending up staring blankly at Xavier Staton, who looked back at her with deep concern. One of the female lawyers gasped loudly. The raven haired beauty blinked once, and then her knees buckled just for an instant before she steadied herself and the light of awareness returned to her eyes. Ohhh. I haven't been hit for so long. Forgot how much it hurts. Well that's enough of that!

Hatley gloated behind her as some of the onlookers complained about his underhanded blow. “Thought you'd put up more fight than that, Wayne. One punch and you're alrea...Whooof!” The burly man exhaled with force as his smaller foe winked at Xavier before firing a blind kick behind her that caught Hatley right in the gut. Turning back to the giant, she raised her hands and stepped forward.

“Alright Ashton, let's get it on!”
Bert
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Canada

Post by Bert »

Chapter V

Growing up, Helena Wayne had been schooled by her father in the fighting arts from a young age. By the time she was in her mid-teens, Helena was extremely accomplished. Her natural aptitude led her to adapt and integrate various styles, as well as innovate on the fly in ways that astounded even her father. Bruce often said trying to score a strike on Helena was like trying to hit a handful of confetti. She could subtly shift her body and slightly deflect a punch or kick so that it struck only air, leaving her surprised opponent off-balance and in disbelief.

By the time she reached her early twenties and took on the mantle of the Huntress, Helena was a master of hand to hand combat. Supremely fit, shockingly strong for her size and weight and possessing dazzling speed, she could land extremely hard blows if necessary. But her preference was to incapacitate her opponents with surgical strikes to nerve bundles and vulnerable areas. Over the years she had faced countless large, powerful men who all believed they would easily defeat the lithe heroine. Minutes later, they invariably lay on the ground, handcuffed, their minds clouded in confusion over what had transpired.

Except for Xavier, none of the assembled staff knew anything of Helena's other life. All they knew was that their coworker had just been struck hard in the face by the brutish Ashton Hatley, only to turn and calmly raise her hands into what looked like a practised fighting stance. To a person they were astonished. Even Hatley seemed surprised by her calmness as he caught his breath from the sharp kick she had delivered to his gut.

“Lucky shot, Wayne. Let's see you try that aga...uhgg!” Before Hatley could complete his sentence, Helena landed a lightning-fast kick to the outside of the man's bulging left thigh. A loud 'thump' accompanied the blow, leaving no doubt about its power. Hatley scowled at his much smaller foe.

“Cute, Wayne. Think you could do it ag...nughhh!” The muscled lawyer grunted with force as Helena crashed an even more powerful kick into the same spot on his leg. Hatley's face began to darken into its familiar rage-fuelled redness. He lashed out with a looping punch aimed at Helena's head, but struck empty air as she ducked under the blow, rising as his arm followed through and delivering hard punch to his abdomen. Grunting again, Hatley tried a straight punch at her lovely face. She simply bobbed her head to the side and shot a swift uppercut to the underside of his extended arm, striking his radial nerve. Hatley swore under his breath, shaking out his arm to dispel the intense 'pins and needles' effect of the nerve strike.

Around the perimeter of the rooftop lawn, the mood of the Levitz & Staton staff had shifted from disbelief and concern to astonishment as Helena had not only followed through on her challenge to Hatley, but appeared to be more than holding her own against the hulking brute. Anna forced her eyes away from the fight to look into Greta's face. “Maybe she can actually do it!” the young lawyer said with a hopeful expression. Greta nodded before they both returned their eyes to the fight.

“You've got some cute moves, Wayne, but we both know you can't take me.” Hatley goaded. Helena responded by feinting another leg kick and instead landing a straight right punch squarely into Hatley's nose. The bystanders clearly heard the distinctive crunching sound of a broken nose as Hatley reeled backwards slightly and blood began to ooze from his left nostril. His red face darkening further, the enraged giant advanced again. A low growl emanated from his lips, which were twisted into a feral snarl.

Helena's expression remained eerily calm, but concern was growing in her heart. That punch hurt my fist! This brute feels like he's made of concrete. This might take more time than I thought. He's a powerhouse. I need to make sure he doesn't get the upper hand.

Hatley jabbed a punch at Helena's face. She deflected the blow, leaving him off-balance, and grabbed his right wrist with her right hand. She pushed down on his wrist and put her left hand on his elbow, locking in a textbook standing armbar. The big man roared in pain and frustration as Helena controlled his arm. Blood dripped from his fractured nose onto the grass under his lowered head.

“Do you yield?” The beautiful brunette inquired.

“Not a chance, Wayne.” Hatley answered through clenched teeth. With a bellow of defiance, he began to force his upper body up against the arm bar. Helena increased the pressure, but soon realized the brute was actually going to power out of her hold. Just how strong is this guy? I'm not in full 'Huntress' fighting shape, but I've never seen anyone do this.

But the former Huntress was among the most creative fighters on the planet. As Hatley straightened up, she transferred her left hand to the giant's wrist, joining her right hand. Simultaneously, she leapt onto his broad shoulders with her body parallel to the ground and hooked both ankles around his other wrist. She pulled back with all her strength, pulling the man's straight arms back into a stretched crucifix hold. Hatley found himself holding her entire weight and groaning in pain from having his arms pulled back to the limit of his flexibility.

The assembled staff gasped in unison at the manoeuvre. It seemed impossible that Helena was capable of such feats. They gasped again when Ashton Hatley, in desperation, leapt backwards with the intent of smashing Helena's body to the ground. Expecting the move, the former heroine released her hold on Hatley's arms as he rose up and back. She completed a tidy half twist in the air and landed in a crouch with one leg extended back and one leg forward. Her upper body was supported by both arms, with her head dropped between them and a black shower of shiny, wavy tresses spilling onto the grass below. As Helena flipped her head up, her ebony mane arced over her before settling onto the back of her silk blouse. Meanwhile, Hatley crashed back to earth on his shoulders and neck, groaning in pain and unsure of what had happened.

Amid astonished noises from her coworkers, Helena rose and stepped to Hatley's side as he groaned on the grass. Rubbing his neck with one hand, the thuggish lawyer glared up at her with seething hatred.

“You're beaten, Ashton. It's over.” Helena said, her voice ever so slightly tinged with mercy.

Feeling euphoric and emboldened by their well-liked coworker's shocking success against the despised bully, murmurs of support and agreement arose from the small group. Hatley's eyes darted around at the people supporting Helena. He looked deflated. A clear voice from the group shouted “You're finished, Ash-hat!” Helena glanced to her side, raising her hand slightly towards the bystanders to discourage them from insulting the humiliated man. A momentary expression of respect for her opponent. A kindness the heavily muscled brute repaid with a sudden, powerful kick directly into the distracted woman's midsection. Air exploded from Helena's lungs as the upward kick lifted her six inches off the ground. She landed on her side, both arms wrapped around her waist. Her eyes were open wide in shock and pain, her mouth gaping as she struggled but failed to draw a breath. Anna screamed. Ashton Hatley began to rise.
Bert
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Canada

Post by Bert »

Chapter VI

Damn it, Helena. Serves you right for taking your eyes off an opponent. The former heroine fought to calm herself. She knew her breath would return more quickly if she didn't panic. But as she watched her hulking adversary begin to rise from the ground, Helena's mind flashed back to a similar moment from over three years before. Only that night she was battling the most dangerous man alive - the Joker. A shiver rippled through her body at the thought. It had been her very last appearance as the Huntress. No Helena, don't go there. Snap out of it. Ashton is almost on his feet. With characteristic fortitude, she pushed her doubts aside and engaged with the problem at hand - one enormous and enraged lawyer who was out for blood.

Hatley made it back to a standing position. He rubbed his neck with one hand as the raging fire returned to his eyes. “That's it, Wayne. Now you're going to suffer.” The big man raised his foot to stomp down onto his foe, who was still curled into a fetal position. In the next instant the thuggish brute pitched forward, off balance as his foot thumped into the grass. Helena had rolled away just in time and was springing back to her feet. She squared her shoulders and coldly eyed her opponent, one hand still pressed into her abdomen.

“That's two cheap shots, Ashton. Can't say I'm surprised.”

Hatley snarled and rushed straight at his raven-haired foe. Helena braced and hit him right in the sternum with a palm strike. He grunted, stumbling for an instant, but then lurched forward and wrapped both arms around the former crimefighter's midsection and lifted her into the air in a powerful bearhug.
He walked right through my palm strike! What the hell is this guy made of? I need to...unnhhhh!

“Haha!” Hatley bellowed triumphantly. “I've got you now, Wayne!”

“We'll see about that, Ashto...nghhhhh” Helena's response morphed into a groan of pain as the giant brute squeezed her into his body with both powerful arms. Quiet desperation began to animate the assembled staff. Some shook their heads, other shuffled their feet or tried to look away. Anna gasped and raised a hand to her mouth. “Oh no, oh no...” she whispered to Greta, gripping her friend's arm with her other hand.

Helena squirmed in Hatley's vice-like hold. Unhhhh. B...barely recovered my breath from the kick. His grip is so tight...I can't inhale. Sensing her struggle, Hatley grunted with effort and squeezed her slim body even harder.

“Aarghhhh!” Helena cried out. Hatley maintained his crushing pressure and spoke: “Alright Wayne, this farce is over now. Tell me you give up.”

Helena's face was pointed skyward. Her long brunette locks streamed down her back in ebony waves, hanging over Hatley's bulging forearms encircling her lower back. “Nghhh...nghhh...” She groaned, shaking her head in response to his demand. A more senior lawyer standing next to deeply concerned Xavier Staton begged him to end the fight.

“Xavier, you must put a stop to this. That maniac is hurting her!”

Gripping his own chin tightly, Staton shook his head. “No. Helena knows what she's doing.” The look in his eyes failed to match his words, however. Helena was dear to the renowned lawyer. Watching her suffer at Hatley's hands was almost more than he could bear, but he had promised not to intervene. He prayed silently that his faith in her would be rewarded. Returning his attention to her struggle, he felt his heart skip a beat and panic begin to rise in his chest. Her plight appeared hopeless.

“Ohhhhhh!” the beleaguered beauty gasped as Hatley further tightened his grip. The mountainous man's face was inches from her own, and a glance at them seemed to foretell the battle's inevitable outcome. Hatley's bared teeth were clenched tightly as he groaned with extreme effort. His brow and the top of his broken, bloody nose were wrinkled with animal intensity and his eyes gleamed with hatred and aggression. Inches away, Helena Wayne's visage was angled upward. Her eyes were lightly closed, eyebrows raised slightly, and tiny furrows creased her forehead. Her mouth was agape in an elongated circle, her upper teeth showing. Another whimpered “Ohhhhh!” escaped her mouth. She appeared helplessly engulfed in pain. The fight seemed over.

O...only one ch...chance. C'mon Helena, m...make it count. The former heroine forced her eyes open and willed her arms to rise. Cupping her palms, she clapped her tormentor's ears with force. The massive man roared in pain, dropping his prey to the grass and grasping both of his ears as he stumbled backwards. Helena gulped precious air into her lungs as those watching heaved sighs of relief. She glanced towards Xavier Staton and winked. The aging attorney shook his head slightly in exasperation.

Ashton Hatley was looking worse for wear. His bloodied and disfigured nose, combined with groans of pain from nearly having his eardrums ruptured left him appearing close to defeat. He reeled left and right, still holding his meaty hands to his ears. Helena, approaching him from the front, looked much fresher. She had regained her breath and was unmarked, although two buttons on her creamy silk blouse had succumbed to the struggle, exposing the front of her smooth, strapless bra and further exposing her perfect skin and alluring cleavage.

“Come on Ashton, give it up.”

As she neared him, the struggling giant unexpectedly lurched forward with a headbutt. Helena's experience and reflexes enabled her to pull her head back in time to avoid contact. Rustiness from over three years of retirement from crimefighting left her open to the devious lawyer's followup, however. A short, hooking punch smashed into the startled woman's right breast with a resounding thump. Shock and pain momentarily overwhelmed her. Her mouth opened as if to cry out, but no sound came forth. Ohh God t...that hurt. My Huntress suit was armored...provided some p...protection. Her right hand gently cradled her throbbing breast as horrified gasps from the onlookers sounded. Her hulking opponent then landed an open-handed face slap of such power that the smacking sound of the blow shocked the assembled staff as much as the violence of its effect. Helena's head spun to the side in a blaze of flying ebony tresses. As her gaze returned to Hatley, towering above her, the index finger of her left hand reached to the corner of her mouth where a tiny trickle of blood ran onto her chin.

“Ohhhhhh!” Helena moaned. In that moment, legs wobbling in her pencil skirt, holding her desperately aching breast through her cream colored silk blouse, lightly touching the bloodied corner of her mouth as Hatley loomed over her, she didn't feel like a heroine, retired or otherwise. For that instant, she was a hopelessly outmatched woman facing an enormous, relentless brute.

Hatley grabbed her arms in his brawny mitts. As she stared up into his contorted, bloody face, he lifted her off her feet and hurled her into the air away from him.
Bert
Millenium Member
Millenium Member
Canada

Post by Bert »

Chapter VII

Are heroes born, or made? Is courage a lack of fear, or the ability to face fear and still act? How many will ever face a situation dire enough to reveal their response to being pushed to the absolute limit? For Helena Wayne, in pain from two devastating blows, feeling intensely vulnerable before her giant, powerful foe, and in the process of being flung through the air like a ragdoll figure skater, the outer extremity of desperation revealed an indomitable spirit hidden away for three years. In the second the 35 year old woman flew through the air, instinct and resolute will transformed her. She left the ground a frightened woman on the receiving and of a beating. She alit on the grass, crouched like a spring, an unstoppable avenging angel. Her foe hadn't even completed his turn toward where she landed when Helena leapt up at him like a leopard attacking a gazelle. The Huntress had returned!

Where a moment before the assembled staff of Levitz and Staton were horrified at the beating their beloved coworker was taking from the hated Ashton Hatley, now they recoiled in awe at the fearsome fighting whirlwind she had become. She was on him before he could even register the attack. An elbow crashed off his square jaw, sending a spew of spittle glinting into the late morning light. A knee drove into his ribs, doubling the giant over with a loud whoosh of exhaled air and a grunt. Another knee smashed his already broken nose into a bloody, twisted mess, standing the brute back up in the process. Hatley blindly lashed out with a powerful swipe of his arm. Helena ducked under the wild punch and drove a pile driver side kick straight into his gut. The kick landed with a sickening thud, dropping Hatley to his knees and nearly forcing him to wretch. A sweeping kick to the side of his head levelled the big man onto his side on the grass. He moaned and rolled onto his back.

The onlookers stood frozen in their businesswear, barely able to comprehend what they were seeing. Their friend and coworker, the famous daughter of Gotham socialite Bruce Wayne, had just unleashed a brutal beatdown on a man that outweighed her by a hundred pounds. As Hatley floundered on his back and Helena stepped towards him, one person began to slowly clap. Soon the rest joined in and the cheering began. Hatley was clearly finished. He held a hand out, palm forward, as Helena approached his supine form.

“You did it Helena, you did it!” Anna blurted out. The fire began to recede from the retired heroine's eyes. She looked towards Anna and smiled. A millisecond too late, Helena saw Anna's face shift from delight to horror. And then the heel of Ashton Hatley's expensive Italian shoe mashed into the distracted woman's crotch, lifting her a foot above the green lawn.

“Nughhahhhh!” Helena cried in agony. N...no! Took my eyes off h...him again. Unhhhh, n...no armor there either. Ohhhhhh, the pain!

She stood with her feet nearly shoulder-width apart, her knees pressed into each other and the heels of both palms pressed into her crotch. “Ohhhh!” she whimpered, staring upwards as her legs quivered. They gave way suddenly, leaving the raven-haired beauty crouching on her calves. Her head was hanging down, her hands still pressing into her crotch as she slowly rocked fore and aft, the ends of her long hair brushing back and forth across the grass. “Ohhhh......ohhhhh.”

Next to her, Hatley was struggling to rise. The man's face was a bloody, pulpy mess. His balance was off and breathing was difficult, but he fought his way up and stood, swaying, above the now helpless Helena Wayne. If there was even a twinge of guilt for yet another cheap shot from the thuggish lawyer, he displayed no sign of it. Reaching down, he hooked his index finger under the suffering woman's chin and lifted her face up towards his own. Paralyzed with pain, Helena could only look up helplessly into his pulverized face.

Anna watched in horror as Hatley drew his arm across his body and smashed a terrible backhanded blow to Helena's upturned face. The young lawyer buried her face in her hands and sobbed as Helena cried out in pain and fell to her side. Xavier looked on in complete dismay at the fight's sudden turn. Despite his legendary reserve, he failed to contain a gasp as Hatley reached down and grabbed the exposed front of Helena's bra. He lifted her upper body off the ground with one hand in a show of strength and then limped towards where Xavier Staton was watching. Helena offer no resistance, her long hair and her shoes the only parts of her body brushing against the grass.

Still paralyzed with pain, her mind once again flashed back to the fateful night she battled the notorious Joker. Months of investigative work led her to his location. She confronted the cackling fiend and they fought. Joker was a formidable fighter, but the Huntress proved to be his better. She stymied every trick and device he tried and beat him to the floor of the dilapidated hotel he had holed up in. Only when she moved to cuff his hands behind his back did the clown prince of crime surprise her with a gas capsule. She was nearly incapacitated almost instantly by the gas, and the Joker wasted no time taking advantage. To the sounds of his hyena-like laughter, Joker unleashed a vicious attack. The Huntress did her best to defend, but she was too stricken by the noxious substance. She took a terrible beating that night at the purpled-gloved fists of the Joker. Satisfied with his handiwork, the insane villain began to drag her across the filthy floor towards the 6th storey window.

Awash in pain, Helena moaned at the recollection, mirroring her current plight as Hatley hauled her towards her mentor, Xavier Staton. Her eyes were closed and her head was hanging to the limit of her neck's extension. Ebony hair hung down in waves until it reached the grass, where it transitioned into streaming along the neatly cut green surface. Her black skirt, the slit torn higher during the fight, hung down to the ground, displaying the ailing woman's long, shapely leg almost to her hip. Another feminine moan escaped her lips, accentuating her helplessness at the brute's hands. Finally, the overburdened undergarment gave way. Helena crumpled to the grass while Hatley brandished the torn bra to the onlookers. They watched in silence, horrified for Helena and also dreading the workplace atmosphere after Ashton Hatley prevailed.

Hatley reached down and wound his meaty fingers into Helena's shiny black mane. Gathering a bulging handful, he pulled her upper body off the ground until she was upright in a sitting position with her legs akimbo in front of her. “Unhhhhh!” Helena moaned. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up into Xavier's grievously worried face. Her hands rested on her lap, open, with her fingers slightly curled and lifeless. The remaining buttons on her cream colored silk blouse had been torn free, leaving the top open right to the waistline of her skirt. The material barely covered her nipples, displaying an eye-popping view of her firm and shapely breasts. Hatley stared into Xavier's eyes as he callously pulled The former Huntress's head side to side by the hair, revelling in his dominance as she whimpered in pain.

“All right Ashton, that's enough.” Xavier said in a tired, defeated voice, casting his eyes downward at his own feet.

“Not yet, Xavier. She has to say she submits. That was the agreement. So Wayne, do you give?” the now grotesque brute demanded, yanking his hand back and forth again.

“OHHHHHH!” Helena moaned, still staring up at Xavier. In her mind, she was still being dragged towards the window by the fiendish Joker, about to be hurled to her death. But no, that hadn't happened. Though drugged and beaten, the heroine had not given up. She had summoned her will and forced her right hand to unclasp a compartment in her belt. She had removed a small auto-injector filled with adrenalin and plunged it into her leg. The adrenalin acted as a temporary fix to combat most incapacitating drugs. Rejuvenated, she had saved herself and captured the Joker. Despite the extreme adversity, she had prevailed.

It took weeks to recover from the Joker's beating. I...I let him get inside my head...all his crazy talk...made me feel like a victim. M...made me retire. But in the end I did defeat him, despite his tricks. I've been looking at it wrong all this time!

Helena's blank stare into Xavier's eyes suddenly sparked to life. The aging lawyer's brow creased in puzzlement at the sudden change. With her faith in herself restored, the former crimefighter quickly considered her options. Her remarkable detective's mind recalled the knee injury that had ended Ashton Hatley's football career. As the bloodied thug awaited her submission, Helena's arms sprang to life. Placing a palm over the other fist, she used the power of both arms to crash her elbow into Hatley's bad knee with all the force she could muster. As his head rotated up in an enraged roar of pain, releasing his grip on her hair, she drove her head backwards, slamming it into the brute's crotch. “Guhhhhhh!” the big man grunted, one hand going to his injured knee, the other to his crotch as he bent forward. Dropping to her back between his legs, Helena kicked upwards with both feet. The soles of her shoes impacted squarely with the underside of Hatley's chin. The bloodied giant bit the tip of his tongue as his head snapped upward, where he teetered for a second before toppling to the grass with a thud.

Helena leapt to her feet and approached Hatley, who was moaning and spitting blood from his nearly severed tongue. She knelt next to his head and asked “Do you give up?”

“Phuck ouuu!” the disfigured lawyer replied with a grimace of pain. With that, Helena grabbed the man's thinning hair and pulled his head up close to her face. Quietly, but with a tone of pure steel, she spoke.

“Ashton, this entire fight I've been doing my best not to cause you any permanent damage.”

“Waaa?” the brute responded with a confused look.

“That ends now, Ashton. Give up, or I will hurt you.” She said it simply, but with chilling commitment.

Hatley stared up into eyes that had the intensity of a hunting falcon. He withered like a dry, burning leaf.

“I...I ive uhhhp. I shuwendah.” he burbled through his badly bleeding tongue.

Helena lowered Hatley's head to the grass. “Could someone call an ambulance for this man?” she requested to the onlookers, who stood for several seconds in stunned silence. Suddenly they erupted into cheers, rushing onto the grass to congratulate her. Smiling, she glanced to her left where Xavier stood alone, watching her. She saw relief in his face, but something more as well. She saw pride.

Hours later, in Xavier's office, the two spoke.

“Bruce would be so proud of you today, young lady!”

“Thank you, Xavier.”

“Ashton signed his request to leave the firm before the EMT's took him away. You've done it!”

“I also managed to deal with some old demons, Xavier. You might not want to hear this, but after a few months of preparation, the Huntress will be returning to Gotham's streets.”

Xavier looked down for a moment, worrying Helena that he was about to try to change her mind. But when he looked back into her eyes it was with a warm smile.

“I expected as much, Helena. Just promise me you'll be careful.”

She looked at him for several seconds, and then shrugged as her face broke into a devilish grin.

The End