Silver Osprey: Apex Predator

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

It's been nearly a year since my last story, but I'm happy to finally be able to share my latest project. A big thanks to sgz6 for once again helping me brainstorm for ideas. Just a warning, there are scenes in this story that are a bit more violent and graphic than in my previous stories.

All pictures in this story were created by Nill Artwork.
Nill_artwork.png
Nill_artwork.png (108.08 KiB) Viewed 7537 times
Now enjoy! (As always, comments are welcomed)

Feeling the warmth of the morning Sun hit her face, Samantha Hunter sighed happily as she rolled over in bed. Feeling the empty space beside her, Sam slowly opened her eyes to find that her boyfriend Mike Anderson was not there. However, one sniff of the air told Sam that Mike was in the kitchen. Stretching briefly, Sam got up and made the bed. She then put on a grey tank top and black short shorts before walking out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen.

Most of the windows were open and the morning Sun brilliantly lit up the interior of the large condo that took up the entire top floor of the building it was in. Reaching the kitchen, Sam saw that Mike was hovering around the stove cooking breakfast.

Sam came up behind Mike, wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his shoulder, “Good morning.”
“Morning,” Mike smiled in response to Sam’s warm touch.
“Question, when are you gonna let me cook breakfast for a change,” Sam asked.
Mike chuckled, “When you wake up before me miss superheroine.”

Sam smiled, kissed her man on the cheek, and then went about setting the table, “By the way, before I went on patrol yesterday I noticed a ton of boxes had arrived, what was that all about?”

As he started serving food Mike explained, “Remember last week when your brother came to visit? Well one of the things he and I talked about was if, Heaven forbid, you get injured ‘on the job,’ what supplies would I need to take care of you? So I gave him a list, he pulled some strings, got me the required permits, and I received a big shipment of medical supplies and gear yesterday.”

Sam thought this over, thanks to her limited invulnerability and rapid healing ability she rarely, if never, got hurt. That being said, it was still a really good idea that her paramedic boyfriend had the necessary supplies if they were needed.

Sitting down to eat, the black and silver haired girl looked at Mike, “So what does this week have in store for you?”
“Well since I have the week off, sleep and T.V. sounds like a winner,” he answered.

After several minutes, Sam finished her breakfast and got up, heading towards the bedroom.
“Where are you going?” Mike asked.
“Oh I’m just going to make a quick patrol this morning,” Sam reassured her handsome boyfriend.
“Does this mean I get to see the new look?” Mike smiled as he cleared the breakfast table.
“Sure, I think you’ll like it,” Sam winked as she disappeared into the bedroom.

Sam stripped down to her black panties and sports bra before accessing the hidden compartment in the closet. Inside hung Silver Osprey’s new uniform.

The full body suit was made of a new synthetic material that had been suggested by Sam’s secret agent brother. The material was more durable than her previous suit, but was still incredibly flexible. The suit had a slight metallic shine to it, giving it a silver color with black briefs and a black symbol of an osprey on the chest. Sam took the suit from its hanger and slipped into it. Despite how the suit looked, it felt like a mixture of spandex and fine sink and Sam loved how it felt against her skin. Sam then took her new belt, which was metallic in appearance, and clipped it around her waist. Next she took her black cape, which had a white version of her osprey symbol on the back of it, and secured it in place. The new design of Silver Osprey’s uniform had the cape tucked in the inside of her collar, which had a slight V shape in the front. Sam then slid her black boots over her silver-encased feet before slipping on her short black gloves. Once everything was in place, Sam’s new uniform had a seamless appearance. Finally, the beautiful young woman put her silver-streaked black hair back into an attractive ponytail.

Her transformation complete, Silver Osprey walked back out into the kitchen area where Mike was cleaning the table. As soon as the handsome paramedic saw his girlfriend, he froze. Sam flashed her award-winning smile as she spoke, “Honey, if you don’t blink your eyes will get dry.”

After a few seconds Mike found his voice, “Wow, you look amazing!”
Sam giggled and blushed slightly, “You sure know how to flatter a girl Mike.”
Seeing the red in Sam’s face, Mike smiled and walked over to her.

The silver and black-clad heroine simply smiled as she felt Mike wrap his arms around her waist. As he drew her close to him Mike shook his head, “Nah, just you princess.” Sam wrapped an arm around Mike’s neck and placed the other hand gently against his chest before leaning in and kissing him on the mouth. It was a loving gesture that Mike eagerly returned.

As their lips finally separated, Sam slowly opened her blue eyes and whispered, “I love you Mike.”
Mike leaned his head forward and touched his forehead to Sam’s, “I love you too.”

Sam felt Mike’s hand sliding lower as he spoke, “Now go show Raleigh that it’s in good hands.” As a sendoff, Mike gave Sam a gentle pat on her butt before they broke their embrace.

“I’ll try to make it back for lunch. If not, then see you tonight,” Silver Osprey winked as she stepped on to the deck.
“I’ll be here,” Mike called as he plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV.

As she took off into the morning sky, Sam couldn’t help but smile. It was a beautiful morning and she was going to have her boyfriend all to herself. She had a feeling that this was going to be a good week.
…………………………

Towards the outer edges of Raleigh in a rented office space, another young lady was optimistic about the coming week. Though, this blonde’s reasons were entirely different.

26 year old geneticist Dr. Lisa Carlson had been very busy over the past couple of months. She had been analyzing the enormous amount of data that she had collected the last time she had encountered Silver Osprey. Lisa was hell-bent on discovering a way to give normal humans superpowers and she was convinced that studying the heroine would give her the answer.

With the help of Viper, a villainess whose powers were the result of Carlson’s first successful experiment, Lisa had captured Osprey and been able to perform her studies. Although the superheroine had ultimately escaped and Viper had been imprisoned, review of the acquired data revealed that Lisa had found what she was looking for. The doctor was confident that she now had the knowledge to not only give someone powers, but to make them superior in every way to Silver Osprey. All Carlson needed was a suitable subject, which is why she was in the small office.

About a week ago, Lisa had emailed a survey to every young woman in Raleigh University’s student directory. She had disguised the survey to look like it had originated from the city hospital. Based on the answers received, Lisa had come up with a small list of young women that she believed were physically and mentally suited for her procedure. Carlson was interviewing this list of women today and that’s why she had rented the small office.

There was a knock at the door and Lisa got up. Opening the door, the doctor saw a beautiful 22 year old girl with brown hair that cascaded down over her shoulders. She was 6’ 4” tall and was wearing a tank top, short skirt, tan pantyhose, and comfortable shoes. “Um, I have an appointment with a Dr. Carlson…” the girl explained.

Lisa smiled and extended her hand, “I’m Dr. Lisa Carlson, please come in.” The girl shook Lisa’s hand and stepped inside with the doctor closing the door behind her. Carlson motioned for the girl to sit down and she pulled up a chair for herself.

Retrieving a file, Lisa sat opposite from the girl, “Let’s see now, Miss Caley Clarke, chemistry major from Raleigh University?”
The brunette smiled, “That’s correct.”
“Thank you for coming in Caley, we at the hospital appreciate you taking the time to fill out our survey. I just wanted to clarify a few of your answers from the survey, this is just to make sure our results are accurate,” Lisa explained.
“I understand, what would you like to clear up?” Caley asked.

Carlson spent the next few minutes asking Caley seemingly random questions. Just by looking at the girl Lisa could tell that Caley was in excellent physical shape, and the girl’s answers told Lisa that she was strong mentally as well.

Then Lisa got to the real reason why she was interviewing Caley, “So, what is your opinion on superheroines?”
Caley’s friendly smile disappeared, “I think they’re full of themselves,” she snapped.
The doctor pretended to take notes, “Could you elaborate?”
The brunette was only happy to continue, “They always think that we should aspire to do good, like them. They act as judge, jury, and sometimes executioner without any repercussions. I get it worst from my peers, ‘I wish I could be more like Silver Osprey,’ it makes me sick.”
Lisa looked up, “You have a strong opinion of Silver Osprey?”
Caley groaned, “She’s the worst! I wish like hell I could put bird girl in her place.”

Lisa put her pen down; she had found her subject, “What if I told you that I could give you the ability to do just that?”
Caley looked at the doctor, “You’re not really from the hospital, are you?”

She’s smart indeed, good, Lisa though to herself.

“No, but I am a doctor in the field of genetics,” the blonde explained, “Back to my question, if I told you that I could make you faster, stronger, and better than Silver Osprey in every way allowing you to ‘put her in her place’ what would you say?”
An evil smile spread across Caley’s pretty face, “Let’s talk.”
Attachments
Silver Osprey conception full reduced.jpg
Silver Osprey conception full reduced.jpg (648.67 KiB) Viewed 7537 times
color Mike Anderson resized.jpg
color Mike Anderson resized.jpg (337.73 KiB) Viewed 7537 times
color dr Lisa Carlson resized.jpg
color dr Lisa Carlson resized.jpg (206.59 KiB) Viewed 7537 times
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Nice start, really well written.
My only criticism(and this is in jest) is that how effective a crimefighter can she be wearing a mix of 'spandex and SINK'!! :D

Looking forward to more, keep it up.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Because it's not really spandex and silk. It's a synthetic material that just looks like it :P Glad you're enjoying it. Next update tomorrow.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

nice start! look forward to part II!
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Several Days Later

In an abandoned factory located in the industrial section of Raleigh, Dr. Carlson was making final preparations. Over the past couple of days, she had given Caley a series of injections to alter the girl’s DNA. Now all that remained was to activate the mutated genes and the activation process required a controlled dose of radiation. Lisa darted back and forth between a series of consoles and a clear, tube-like, chamber where the radiation would be administered.

Since radioactive material was nearly impossible to acquire, even through stealing, charged neutron particles would provide the same effect.

Just as she was satisfied that everything was ready, her star entered the room. Dressed in a sports bra and short shorts, Caley was anxious to finally get her powers.

Looking up, Lisa smiled, “How are you feeling?”
Though she was visibly uneasy, Caley spoke confidently, “Ready to get this over with.”
“Just a few more minutes,” the doctor explained as she went back to work.

“You know, you never did tell me what your beef with Silver Osprey is,” Caley observed.
Still focusing on her work, Lisa answered, “Well since you asked, when she first showed up I thought that studying Osprey’s powers would give me the knowledge to give everyone powers. It would be the greatest scientific breakthrough in history.”
“But she didn’t see it that way,” Caley finished the thought.
“Correct,” Carlson continued, “The selfish bimbo wanted to keep her abilities to herself instead of sharing them with the world. It took multiple attempts and some extra help, but I was finally able to take the samples that I needed. In fact, those injections I gave you were based off of Silver Osprey’s own DNA. Of course, I modified those strands, made them stronger, and removed most of the flaws.”
“Just most of them,” the young brunette asked.
“Yes, it is impossible to make them perfect. Nevertheless, I can guarantee that your powers will be superior to Silver Osprey’s. You’ll be able to get rid of her for good. Once she’s out of the way, Raleigh will be yours for the taking and I’ll be able to continue my experiments without the threat of feathery interference,” Dr. Carlson explained.
“Sounds like a plan to me, let’s do this,” Caley announced impatiently.

A panel slid open and Caley stepped inside the tube as Lisa spoke, “I won’t lie, this will likely be very unpleasant and once it starts, I can’t stop it.”
“But are you sure that it will work,” the brunette asked.
“Yes, I’ve triple checked the numbers,” Dr. Carlson answered confidently as the panel slid shut, “It will work.”

Lisa walked over to one of the many consoles and began flipping switches, powering the machine up. Once the machine reached 100% charge, a blue button on the console lit up. Lisa placed her thumb on the button and looked up at Caley.

The brunette placed her hands against clear walls of the chamber that held her. Despite looking apprehensive, Caley nodded to the doctor. Lisa smiled and depressed the button.

The interior of Caley’s chamber began to glow light blue and continued to brighten. Caley’s face was gripped in pain as the glow intensified and the chamber finally discharged, filling the clear tube with white smoke.

Dr. Carlson hurried over to the chamber and slid open the panel. Caley stumbled out and the doctor caught her.

“How do you feel,” Lisa asked.
“Like…everything’s…out of whack,” as the brunette looked at Lisa, the doctor noticed that the girl’s once hazel colored eyes were now silver.

Carlson guided Caley towards a nearby table, “Here, lean on this for support.”

Caley placed a hand on the table and was shocked when the metal contorted in her grasp. All at once, the young girl looked at Dr. Carlson with absolute confidence, “I want Silver Osprey, now!”

Lisa smiled back, “Soon enough, we’ll need a little time to discover you’re limits so you don’t get surprised in battle.”
Caley straightened up, now radiating power and confidence, “I guess you’re right. I’ll also need a name and a costume.”
An evil smile came across Dr. Carlson’s face, “I think I can help you there.”
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Caniac, awesome start to the story and the artwork is fantastic! Can't wait to see what else is coming down the pipeline.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

I always really enjoy the Silver Osprey stories. Great artwork too. Very nice.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Blx wrote:I always really enjoy the Silver Osprey stories. Great artwork too. Very nice.
I'm glad you enjoy it. I assure you the best (both story and artwork) is yet to come.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Silver Osprey flew as fast as she could push herself towards downtown Raleigh.

Earlier that morning, police had gotten an anonymous threat. The caller promised multiple bombings throughout the city unless Silver Osprey went to a specified site for negotiations.

After careful discussion between herself and police, Sam and law enforcement officials had come to the conclusion that they had to take the threat seriously. They agreed that Silver Osprey would go to the specified location to meet whoever the mysterious caller was.

Arriving at the address that the caller had specified, Osprey found that the meeting place was a nearly-completed skyscraper. Landing on the roof of the 30 story structure, Sam found a note instructing her to take the elevator down to the 20th floor. Figuring that she was being observed, Silver Osprey complied and stepped into the elevator.

Emerging on the 20th floor, Sam was surprised to find herself in what looked like a very expensive apartment suite. Before she had a chance to look around, a familiar voice greeted the superheroine, “Silver Osprey, do come in.”

Sam looked to her left and instantly spotted Lisa Carlson lounging in a leather recliner. Today the doctor was dressed in a white blouse, a black skirt, tan pantyhose, and classy yet comfortable shoes. The doctor was sipping a glass of red wine.

“Dr. Carlson,” Silver Osprey said as she placed her hands on her hips and widened her stance in the traditional superheroine pose.
“It’s been too long Silver Osprey, please have a seat and make yourself comfortable,” Lisa smiled and motioned towards another recliner.
Sam didn’t budge, but spoke confidently, “There are no bombs, are there?”
The doctor nodded, “Correct, you aren’t exactly listed in the Yellow Pages, so I had to get your attention some other way.”
Osprey wasn’t impressed, “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t haul you off to prison right now.”
“Because,” Lisa started as she got up out of her chair, “You know me. I wouldn’t get your attention for small talk. I’m up to something and you’re curious to find out what it is.”
Sam’s gaze followed Carlson as she continued, “Before I continue I must ask, how would you like to help me in my experiments to make the human race better?”
Silver Osprey frowned, “Carlson, you must be out of your mind.”

The blonde sighed, “I thought as much. Anyway, this is what I’ve been up to lately.” Lisa walked over to a black curtain and tore it away. Sam was surprised by what she saw.

Sitting in a chair, covered from neck to toe in thick, heavy chains, was a pretty brunette who looked to be about Sam’s age. The girl’s head was tilted forward and her eyes were closed.

“What have you done Carlson?” Silver Osprey darted towards the bound girl.

Suddenly, the brunette’s eyes snapped open, stopping Osprey in her tracks. The girl’s silver-colored irises stared back at the superheroine with a look of strength, confident, and malice.

Dr. Carlson was beaming, “I’ve made my greatest breakthrough.”

As if on cue, the brunette flexed her limbs and the chains binding her to the chair shattered. She stood up to her full 6’ 4” height, allowing Silver Osprey a full look at her.

The brunette was dressed in a full bodysuit. Dark blue ran from the back of her hands up her forearms, over her shoulders, across her neck, down her sides and back ending in a set of briefs. She had on a pair of matching dark blue boots while her legs, chest, palms, and inner arms were covered in grey. A silver belt around her athletic waist completed the girl’s attire. The tight-fitting costume revealed to Sam that the brunette was clearly more built than she was.

The girl folded her arms across her impressive chest as Carlson spoke, “I’m sure you remember the last time we met. Viper captured you and helped me learn a great deal about those fabulous powers of yours. With that knowledge, and with a lot of experimentation, I was able to improve upon those powers and give them to someone willing to put them to proper use.” Lisa put her arm on the brunette’s shoulder, “Silver Osprey, meet Timber Wolf, the source of your destruction.”
Attachments
Timber Wolf dark blue resized.jpg
Timber Wolf dark blue resized.jpg (255.42 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Awesome art!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Like both the story and the art, apart from that giant right thigh! Rest of TW looks fabulous as do the other pics, just don't think that perspective has quite come off, but still great stuff.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Timber Wolf looks nice and imposing, looking forward to the fight!
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Sam was furious; Dr. Carlson had stolen her DNA and used it to create the powered being that now stood before her. Osprey spoke with noticeable anger in her voice, “It’s bad enough that you stole my DNA, but now you’ve gone and brainwashed this poor girl to do your dirty work for you.”

Before Lisa could reply, Timber Wolf spoke up, “That’s where you’re wrong already; I volunteered for Carlson’s experiment.”
Osprey was taken aback, “Why would you do such a thing?”
Caley’s voice was cold, “Because I’m sick of you superheroines flying around unchecked being all high and mighty thinking everyone else should worship you.”
“I try to set a good example and help others, I ask for nothing in return,” Silver Osprey defended herself.
“You revel in the admiration of others and after I destroy you, I will put your self-righteous corpse on a pike in town square for all of Raleigh to see,” Timber Wolf sneered.

It was clear to Sam that there would be no reasoning with this brown-haired Amazon. What concerned Sam was that she had no idea what she was dealing with, she didn’t know what Timber Wolf’s powers were, what mindset she had, or whether she would try to bring innocents into the mix.

As Timber Wolf stood confidently with her hands on her hips, Silver Osprey could no longer hide the concern and even fear she felt. Dr. Carlson observed the silver superheroine’s concerned pose and loved it as she thought to herself, That’s right Osprey, your wings are about to be clipped, permanently.
background apex predator 01 reduced.jpg
background apex predator 01 reduced.jpg (658.43 KiB) Viewed 7421 times
Without ever taking her glaring eyes off of Sam, Caley asked Dr. Carlson, “Are you done, I’m ready to destroy her.”
Lisa took another drink of wine and smiled at Timber Wolf, “If you can, bring her body back once you’re done so I can study it.” Carlson turned to Silver Osprey with a seductive grin, “Goodnight princess, it was fun while it lasted.”

Apparently that was the ringing of the bell because Timber Wolf shot forward and punched Silver Osprey in the chest, sending the superheroine tumbling out to the balcony. Quickly getting up from the surprise hit, Sam found Caley was nearly right on top of her and the two super-powered girls grabbed each other’s arms in a contest of strength.

As Sam pushed back against her brunette opponent, she found that she was unable to move the villainess. This told Osprey that Timber Wolf at least matched her in strength, but this didn’t faze Sam. Kicking forward with her foot, Silver Osprey was able to knock her grappler off balance, sending Caley stumbling into the guardrail. The rail crumbled upon impact with Timber Wolf’s invulnerable body and the villainess fell from the unfinished skyscraper.

Fearing that the villainess wouldn’t survive the fall, Osprey flew after Caley. As Sam cleared the balcony, she spotted her target hovering several stories below. Great, she can fly too, Sam thought as she changed her plan from a rescue to an attack and rocketed towards Timber Wolf.

Once she was in range Osprey unleashed a flurry of punches and kicks which Timber Wolf tried to defend against. Of the two women Sam was clearly more experienced in the martial arts and the majority of her hits got through. Unfortunately, it seemed that every blow that Osprey landed, Timber Wolf was able to shrug off. At the same time, Caley began throwing some punches of her own.

Silver Osprey was much better in defending against her opponent’s attacks and only a few of Timber Wolf’s punches managed to hit home. That being said, every punch that hit packed more force than Sam was able to match and a chilling thought entered the superheroine’s mind, She might actually be significantly stronger than me.

This brief distraction proved costly for Osprey as Timber Wolf kneed her in the stomach, causing the heroine to cry out as the air was forced from her lungs. Clutching her abs, Sam was unable to defend against a nasty haymaker that Caley slammed into the heroine’s back.

Silver Osprey rocketed into the busy city street below, leaving a small crater. Tires squealed and brakes locked up as the downtown Raleigh traffic tried to avoid the sudden road hazard.

As pedestrians scattered, a woman approached Sam, “Silver Osprey, are you okay?”
The heroine held up her hand, signaling the woman to stay away, “I’m fine, please get somewhere safe.”

The Good Samaritan was running off when Sam looked up and saw that Timber Wolf was nearly on top of her. Jumping to her feet, Osprey was able to get out of the way as the villainess plowed her fist into the pavement.

All around, people abandoned their cars in an attempt to get to safety. Osprey was trying to figure out how to lure Timber Wolf away from the city when the villainess attacked again.

Caley threw a series of punches that Sam had to step back in order to avoid. As she kept dodging Timber Wolf’s attack, Osprey searched for an opening in the brunette’s offense.

That opening came when Timber Wolf put too much force behind a punch, throwing herself off balance. Sam stepped under the villainess’s defense and punched her in the stomach. She quickly followed up with a roundhouse kick that sent Caley crashing into an abandoned SUV, pulverizing the vehicle.

Timber Wolf was unfazed as she climbed out of the destroyed automobile, picked it up, and chucked it at Silver Osprey. Using her flight ability, Sam flew over the incoming vehicle and hovered several feet off the ground, waiting for Timber Wolf’s next move.

Looking up at the hovering heroine, Caley smiled. She had been holding back and decided that she would turn things up just a bit. Pushing off the ground, Timber Wolf flew towards Silver Osprey at a speed that the superheroine was not expecting. The villainess head-butted Osprey, leaving the silver and black heroine stunned. Timber Wolf then slammed both her fists into Sam’s chest and sent the heroine flying into a nearby office building.

Glass shattered and desks and papers went flying as Silver Osprey crashed through the building’s outer wall and went tumbling through the office space before she came to a stop against a vending machine.

“Wow…” Sam muttered as she shook her head to clear the stars from her vision, “She hits hard, got to avoid those.”

Timber Wolf landed just inside the hole that Osprey had made in the building when the recovered heroine tackled her, taking the fight back out into the city sky. Without missing a beat, both girls began trading blows.

Osprey managed to land a right cross to Timber Wolf’s face, but this only enraged the villainess. Caley kneed Sam in the side hard, causing the heroine to cry out as her side exploded in pain. Timber Wolf quickly followed with a nasty punch to Silver Osprey’s head which sent her rocketing towards the street below. The ground shook violently, nearly taking citizens off their feet, as Osprey slammed through the pavement and ended up in the city’s subway.

Timber Wolf, wearing a very smug grin, gracefully landed next to the hole in the street left by Osprey. This grin quickly disappeared as the street exploded beneath her feet and two gloved fists smashed into her jaw. As Timber Wolf crashed into the granite side of a building, Silver Osprey flew out of the subway and landed in the street no worse for wear, thanks to her accelerated healing and limited invulnerability.

Peeling herself out the building she was embedded in, Caley eyed Sam with an evil smile. Silver Osprey nearly gulped when Timber Wolf flicked her wrists, caused razor sharp, wolf-like claws to extend from where her fingernails were. Sam was acutely aware that her invulnerability would not protect her against sharp objects, and as a result she was very concerned. The silver superheroine’s concern grew even more when Timber Wolf slid her claws against the building she was next to, causing sparks to fly as she sharpened her newest weapons.

Timber Wolf stepped away and showed her claws, which had a sickly shine in the afternoon Sun, to a visibly worried Silver Osprey, “An osprey has talons and a wolf has claws, so let’s see who the real apex predator is.”

Caley charged forward, intending to slash Sam. Silver Osprey went on the defensive using her arms to block Timber Wolf’s slashing attempts. As she stepped back, Sam was able to land several kicks, but this didn’t seem to slow down Timber Wolf.

Suddenly, the villainess landed a kick to Osprey’s face, knocking the heroine back against an abandoned car. Looking up, Sam could see that her foe had jumped into the air as was coming right at her. Silver Osprey rolled out of the way and Timber Wolf’s claws dug into the car creating a horrible screeching sound.

As Sam got to her feet, she noticed a slight stinging in her side. Looking down, she saw four cuts in the resilient silver fabric of her uniform. Underneath Sam caught a brief glimpse of cuts in her skin before they healed, leaving behind trace amounts of blood. Looking back up, Osprey saw that Timber Wolf had a devious smile on her face.

“So the rumors are true, you can bleed,” Caley marveled.
Though she was still concerned, Sam tried to appear confident, “It will take more than a couple of scratches to stop me.”
“Then let’s see what will stop you,” Timber Wolf sneered as she charged.

Silver Osprey side-stepped and drove her knee into the brunette’s stomach, but surprisingly, the villainess didn’t double over. Instead, she drove her elbow into the side of Osprey’s head, stunning the superheroine who was unable to defend against the kick that followed.

The kick from Timber Wolf propelled Silver Osprey down the street and she came to a stop when she collided with a fuel tanker and dropped to the street, flat on her stomach. The impact caused a small crack in the tanker to tear open, causing the full compartment to begin leaking gasoline onto the street.

Caley began slowly walking in the direction of the downed heroine. The villainess was in no hurry since she wanted to take her time with Silver Osprey. The strong smell of gasoline caused Timber Wolf to stop and look down at the trail of liquid slowly snaking past her booted feet. Caley’s silver eyes followed the stream of gasoline back to the leaking tanker and the still prone Silver Osprey laying next to it. A sinister grin formed on Timber Wolf’s beautiful face.

The villainess scratched the side of a car with her claws, causing sparks to fly and igniting the stream of gasoline.

Sam lifted her head and spotted the flames racing towards the full tanker that she lay next to. The young heroine was pushing off the ground when the flames reached the leak, causing the tank to rupture in a massive explosion that shattered windows for several blocks and caused structural damage to some of the nearby buildings.

As the smoke began to clear, Timber Wolf was pleased to see a blackened area where the tanker had been and there was no sign of Silver Osprey.

The sound of gunfire caught Caley’s attention as she felt something bounce off of her. Turning around, the villainess could see that several police cruisers had pulled up and officers were taking cover behind them. To Timber Wolf’s amazement, she realized that what she was feeling was bullets bouncing off of her. The young brunette began walking towards the line of officers, who kept shooting to no avail.

“Leave them alone!” a voice shouted.

Caley turned just in time to see Silver Osprey collide with her, sending the villain smashing through the front of a department store.

After hitting Timber Wolf, Sam landed gracefully in the street just as an officer came running up to her, “Silver Osprey, are you okay?”
“Yeah, why do you…” Sam started before she noticed the worried look on the man’s face. The young heroine followed his gaze to her left shoulder and was stunned by what she saw.

The silver, resilient fabric of her uniform was torn open, exposing her shoulder. Even though her skin was intact, the amount of blood that was soaked into the edges of the fabric meant that there had been a pretty significant wound before her accelerated healing had kicked in.

Sam looked back at the policeman, “Officer, this area needs to be evacuated before anyone else gets hurt.”
“Right, but what about you,” the man asked.
Silver Osprey took a deep breath, “I’ll keep her busy as long as I can.”

The RPD officer was visibly disturbed by what Osprey had just said. Much to the heroine’s relief though, he didn’t say anything and instead gathered his fellow officers and set about getting civilians to safety.

“So you still have some fight left in you,” a voice called out.

Osprey looked to see Timber Wolf climb out of the destroyed store. Caley casually brushed some glass fragments off her shoulder as she walked towards Sam.

Silver Osprey assumed a fighting stance, “I’ll not let you hurt another innocent person.”
Timber Wolf grinned, “You almost sound sure of yourself, but haven’t you learned by now that you can’t hope to outmuscle me?”
“I don’t care how strong you are, good always triumphs over evil,” Sam shot back.
“Not this time,” was Caley’s smug reply as she charged.

Wary of Timber Wolf’s claws, Sam ducked under the villain’s slashing attempt and punched her in the side. Osprey then jumped into the air, spun around, and kneed Caley in the face, sending her stumbling backwards. The superheroine then grabbed the nearest car and chucked it at Timber Wolf, sending the villainess crashing down the block.

Sam took a moment to catch her breath when she suddenly heard creaking metal. Silver Osprey looked up to see several cars come hurling at her. She jumped into the air and over the first one. Another whooshed just past her and she pushed off of its side to avoid a third. Sam landed in a crouch and then rolled forward to avoid the final vehicle. Osprey stood up to see Timber Wolf come rocketing towards her.

Moving at a speed that Silver Osprey just could not match, Timber Wolf landed a nasty punch to the superheroine’s jaw. Sam went crashing down the street, leaving a shallow trench in her wake carved into the concrete. Osprey came to a rest on her back, stunned and seeing stars. Caley next took a short running start and pounced.

Sam blinked rapidly to clear the stars from her vision. Her vision cleared and she spotted Timber Wolf sailing towards her, claws extended. Osprey brought her hands up in an attempt to guard herself. The villainess landed on top of the heroine with a crash and Sam’s right shoulder exploded in pain, her scream could be heard down the block.

Osprey managed to open her eyes and was horrified to see Timber Wolf’s claws had impaled in her right shoulder with the villainess straddling her.

While Sam’s face was gripped with pain, Caley looked like a vicious predator savoring the kill to come. Her free hand gripped Osprey’s neck, but not tight enough to restrict the injured superheroine’s breathing.

Timber Wolf brought her face inches from Silver Osprey’s as spoke in a sinister, yet seductive, tone, “Well Silver Osprey, I think that I’m going to take my time killing you. Any last words before I get started?”

Instead of talking, Sam tucked her legs in, bringing her knees to her chest, and kicked Timber Wolf off of her.

Sam rolled to her feet as she felt the pain in her shoulder subside, signaling that her rapid healing had kicked in. She quickly flexed her arm and fingers to ensure everything was in working order. Relieved that it was, Silver Osprey turned her attention back to Timber Wolf, who was pulling herself out of a demolished Suburban.

Caley tilted her head to the side, popping her neck, “So you still persist, fine.”

Timber Wolf flew forward, wrapped her arms around Silver Osprey’s midsection, and propelled the superheroine backwards. Sam grabbed her attacker and, utilizing her flight ability and all the strength she could muster, bent backwards, twisted, and slammed the villainess into the street. Osprey continued to slide backwards before digging her boots into the street and finally bringing herself to a stop.

Sam pushed off her back foot and flew at Timber Wolf, who was barely getting to her feet. Just as Sam reached the villainess, Caley blurred into motion and slammed her fist into the superheroine’s silver-clad abs.

Timber Wolf had put every bit of her superior strength into the hit, which had stopped Silver Osprey dead in her tracks. The superheroine’s eyes bulged and her mouth hung open like she wanted to cry out, but no sound emerged.

Her fist still embedded in Osprey’s stomach, Timber Wolf slowly rose to her feet with a cold expression of malice on her face. Caley cupped Sam’s chin with her free hand, “Play time’s over.”

Timber Wolf then smashed her fist into Osprey’s face, sending the heroine rocketing through the closest building before she stopped, partially embedded, in the adjacent one.

Sam pulled herself out of the wall and fell to her hands and knees. She moaned as she brought a hand to her face, she had never taken a hit like that before and her head was spinning.

Timber Wolf walked up to the downed Silver Osprey and pulled the heroine up by her silver and black mane. Despite the pain she was feeling, Sam managed to swing her legs forward and kick Caley in the stomach, knocking the villainess away.

Even though the aching from where her opponent had hit her did not go away, Sam pushed through the pain and exhaustion from the fight and flew at Timber Wolf. Unfortunately for Osprey, Timber Wolf was having no such fatigue problems. She caught Silver Osprey by her belt and the collar of her costume and slammed the heroine into the street. Sam cried out as Caley kicked her hard in the ribs and sent Osprey crashing into an abandoned 18-wheeler.

Sam winced as she slowly climbed out of the destroyed semi, “That…hurt…healing ability…slowing down…”

Wasting no time, Timber Wolf flew at Silver Osprey again and slashed at the heroine. Sam went flying backwards, crashing through a power relay station before finally coming to rest. Feeling a pain in her stomach, the silver and black clad heroine looked down to find fresh slash marks in her costume, revealing her strong shapely abs underneath. Osprey rose to her feet as she felt the lacerations on her stomach heal, though a bit slower than usual.

As she watched Timber Wolf approach, Sam found it a little strange that the villain gave the damaged, sparking relay station a wide berth, but she didn’t have time to worry about it now. Never being one to give up, the young heroine charged at Timber Wolf.

The villainess punched at the approaching heroine, but Silver Osprey flipped over Timber Wolf and landed behind her. Sam landed an open-handed strike to Caley’s chest and the evil brunette countered with sweeping leg kick that knocked Sam onto her back. Osprey rolled to her feet as Timber Wolf’s blue boot smashed a hole in the street where Sam had been an instant earlier.

The evil brunette then began taking swipes at Silver Osprey, intending to slash the heroine with her claws. Sam brought her arms up to fend off Caley’s attacks, while simultaneously taking steps backwards in an attempt to stay out of Timber Wolf’s reach.

Debris for buildings that had been damaged in the prolonged fight was strewn everywhere. As she continued to back up, a chunk of concrete caused Sam to take a bad step. Unfortunately, the brief second that it took Osprey to regain her balance caused the heroine to drop her guard and Timber Wolf raked the superheroine’s silver-covered arm. The pain in her arm distracted Silver Osprey and Timber Wolf was able to land a roundhouse kick that sent the heroine spiraling into a parked police cruiser.

Caley had a sinister smile on her face as she slowly walked towards Sam, who was climbing out of the destroyed RPD vehicle. Osprey assumed a fighting stance once more, but this time, something was different.

Even though Silver Osprey looked determined, it was clear that her battle with Timber Wolf was taking its toll. Sam’s breathing was heavy, and despite her focused look, there were also signs of pain and exhaustion in the young heroine’s blue eyes.

Cracking her knuckles, Caley taunted Silver Osprey, “When are you going to realize that you are out of your league? Tell you what, if you surrender now I’ll let you leave this fight alive.”

“And leave the city open to people like you,” Sam replied between pained breaths, “not likely.”

Timber Wolf’s eye’s narrowed, but she didn’t move. In contrast, Silver Osprey’s mind was racing as she tried to formulate a successful strategy, She’s faster and stronger than me…I’m slowing down…and it looks like she can outlast me…how can I beat her?

Caley didn’t give Sam any time to find an answer as the young brunette rushed forward. Timber Wolf took aim at Osprey’s side as the villainess delivered a swing kick. Sam was able to block the kick with her forearm and tried to retaliate with a punch. Caley caught Osprey’s gloved fist and used the heroine’s own momentum to throw her. Fortunately, Sam landed on her feet and the two super-powered women began trading blows.

Although Silver Osprey was able to fend off every attack that Timber Wolf made, the heroine’s fatigued muscles complained with each impact. As the scrapping continued, Sam was surprised to find that she was matching Caley blow for blow. Then it dawned on Osprey that Timber Wolf was playing with her and this realization chilled the heroine to the bone.

Sam’s face must have reflected her thoughts because Caley’s mouth twisted into a very evil smile. Timber Wolf fired a quick jab into Osprey’s stomach and followed it up with a hook to the heroine’s face that left Sam’s head spinning.

Caley took advantage of Osprey’s stunned state and slashed at her. “Argh!” Sam cried out as Timber Wolf’s claws dug into her right shoulder and another swipe tore through her cape and drew lacerations across her back. Doing her best to ignore the pain, Osprey fired back with a punch to Timber Wolf’s face which didn’t even slow the villain down.

Sam threw another punch which proved disastrous as Timber Wolf deflected the hit and drove no less than five punches into the heroine’s unprotected side. As Silver Osprey doubled over in pain, Caley drove her knee into the bridge of Sam’s nose which snapped her head back. Completely stunned, Osprey slowly dropped to her knees. Since she was still upright, Sam was a perfect sitting duck as Caley clasped her hands together, interlaced her fingers, and hit Osprey with a force that sent her through a nearby office building and into the street on the opposite side, scattering concrete and twisted steel everywhere.

Sam was very slow to get up, the intense pain from the abuse she had endured made it nearly impossible to focus. A high-pitched scream from nearby caused the battered heroine to look up and a gasp escaped from her lips.

A young mother and daughter were standing on the sidewalk right next to the building that Osprey had just crashed through. The reason that they were screaming was that a large telecommunications dish on the roof had been knocked loose by the force of Silver Osprey’s impact and was now plummeting towards them.

In that instant, the pain she felt no longer mattered to Sam and she used all of her speed and flight ability that she could muster to race to save the innocent women. At the last possible moment Osprey caught the dish, preventing the mother and daughter from being crushed. Thanks to the long fight with Timber Wolf, Sam was straining to hold the communications structure up, but she still managed to smile at the young mother and her little girl, “I’ve got it, please get to safety…and quick.”

Caley was walking through the improvised tunnel that Osprey had plowed into the office when she spotted the heroine holding up the telecommunications dish. “Oh this is just too easy,” the villainess muttered to herself as she pried a piece of steel rebar from a damaged support column and used her claws to sharpen one end.

Once the victims had gotten to safety, Sam was able to toss the dish aside and breathe a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, the sense of relief was very short lived.

Silver Osprey felt a hand on her shoulder and a split second later, there was a sharp, tearing pain in the left side of her lower back that quickly spread to the front of her abdomen and caused the heroine to tilt her head back and scream in agony.

Sam blinked rapidly as she gasped for air. Looking down, she was horrified to find a sharpened steel rod protruding from the left side of her abdomen. The heroine’s legs grew weak as she felt Timber Wolf’s warm, moist breath on her ear and heard the villainess’s sinister, seductive voice, “Those are the last people you will ever save.”

Caley easily shoved Osprey to the ground where the heroine’s movements ceased. Satisfied that her opponent was done, Timber Wolf turned around and walked away. The brunette hadn’t gotten more than ten steps away when she heard someone groan, “Ungh!” This was followed by the sound of metal clattering across concrete, which prompted Caley to turn around.

Using what strength and determination she had left, Sam had pulled the piece of rebar out of her and tossed it aside. Silver Osprey was shocked when the wound only partially healed and continued to leak blood, which began to soak the silver fabric of her uniform around the wound. Sam winced in pain as she pressed a gloved hand over the wound in an effort to slow the bleeding. Utilizing her free arm, the heroine leaned on a nearby SUV for support as she weakly rose to her feet.

Timber Wolf sighed in frustration, “Why don’t you just die.” She walked up to Osprey, grabbed the heroine by the collar and delivered a quick jab to Sam’s head and followed that with three rapid strikes with the back of her fist which dropped the heroine to her hands and knees.

Caley was about to attack again when she heard the sounds of weapons being loaded and cocked. Turning around, the villainess spotted a team of SWAT officers taking cover behind nearby vehicles, all aiming assault rifles at her.

“On the ground!” the SWAT Sergeant shouted with authority.
Timber Wolf wrapped her arm around Silver Osprey’s neck and pulled the injured heroine to her feet to be used as a shield. “Or what?” Caley sneered.

Caley knew that the officers’ bullets would not hurt her, but she was curious as to how the police would respond. She didn’t have to wait long as the crack of a rifle was heard and Timber Wolf’s head jerked back briefly from the bullet’s impact. Though the brunette was unharmed, she was surprised that the law enforcers actually had the nerve to shoot. She shoved Silver Osprey aside and grabbed a partially damaged Sedan, intending to teach the SWAT officers the price of challenging her.

Finally able to focus through the pain and exhaustion, Sam could see what was about to happen. She lowered her shoulder and charged, checking Timber Wolf in the ribs and causing her to drop the vehicle. Caley instantly shifted her focus back to Silver Osprey and she fired a series of rapid kicks into the silver and black clad heroine’s side. Timber Wolf then took a half step closer and started slamming punches into Sam’s torso. Silver Osprey was responding to the hits like a worn-out cage fighter at the end of the final round.

Seeing that Osprey was struggling just to stay on her feet, Timber Wolf smiled hungrily as she pivoted on her heel and delivered a perfect roundhouse kick to Silver Osprey, sending the heroine spiraling through the air before she slammed face down into the pavement.

As she desperately tried to move, Sam felt the last of her strength and energy ebb away and she knew the fight was over.

Timber Wolf walked up to the motionless superheroine and used her blue boot to roll Silver Osprey onto her back. Caley knelt down as she straddled the heroine and proceeded to swipe at and blast the defenseless Silver Osprey with punches. This merciless onslaught went on for a solid minute before Caley finally lowered her fists, retracted her claws, and stood up to admire her work.

Silver Osprey’s eyes were closed and blood was trickling from her nose and the corner of her mouth. Her black cape was tattered and there were cuts and tears all over her silver and black uniform. In several places, the resilient silver fabric was dark red from blood that seeped out of several wounds and lacerations that had not healed.

A predatory smile spread across Timber Wolf’s face as she placed one hand under Osprey’s shoulder, grabbed the back of one of her silver-covered legs with the other, and hoisted the defeated heroine over her head in a victory pose in front of a shocked audience of police officers, rescue workers, news cameras, and bystanders. Silver Osprey’s head was tilted backwards and her arms and legs dangled lifelessly as Caley shouted her victory, “Citizens of Raleigh, your so-called protector has failed you all. Your fate will be the same as hers if you dare to cross Timber Wolf!”
background apex predator 02 reduced.jpg
background apex predator 02 reduced.jpg (692.94 KiB) Viewed 7421 times
With a final victorious cry, Timber Wolf brought Silver Osprey’s body down, slamming her knee hard into the heroine’s lower back. This final blow launched Silver Osprey into the sky at an incredible velocity and she quickly vanished from sight, leaving Timber Wolf standing alone amidst death and destruction.
…………………………

Condo of Sam Hunter and Mike Anderson

For hours Mike had been glued to the TV as the news channel covered the battle between Timber Wolf and his girlfriend in downtown Raleigh. As the fight had progressed and it became increasingly clear that Sam was in trouble, Mike had found a rising sense of nausea. The woman he loved was literally fighting for her life and there was nothing her could do to help her. The conclusion of the battle had left the seasoned paramedic frozen with shock.

A sudden crash on the deck jolted Mike back to reality. He went to the sliding glass door and gasped at what he saw.

The vicious knee to the back had propelled Sam into the upper atmosphere before she started to fall. Somehow, during the long fall, Sam had emerged into a state of semi-consciousness. Through the dense fog that encompassed her mind Sam had, by some strange stroke of luck, managed to steer herself towards her home. However, since she had no energy and her abilities seemed to be failing her, it was a crash landing at best and she ended up on her face.

Mike dashed out onto the deck and knelt next to Silver Osprey as he gently rolled her onto her back. “Oh no…” Mike gasped as he got an up-close look at Sam’s condition. The only thing that came to his mind was that Sam looked like she had been viciously mauled by a grizzly bear.

Sam’s eyes fluttered open as she drew a shallow breath, “Mike…”
“It’s okay, I’m here,” Mike whispered as he wrapped his arms around her.
“I’m…so sorry…” Sam struggled as she slowly touched Mike’s cheek with a gloved hand, which felt damp.
“You’ll be okay…” Mike stopped mid-sentence as Sam let out a quiet sigh and her eyes closed. Her hand slowly fell from Mike face, smearing blood across his cheek.
“Sam, no…” Mike managed quietly as tears began to roll down his cheeks and he cradled the battered body of the woman he loved.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Great story, superb last pic

SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Brutal fight for Osprey there and yeah that TW victory pose pic is awesome. Also the set up for the fight was nice, the pic really shows how startled Osprey is and how confident TW is. Great story C!
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

great fight...I am guessing I know what side of the 'damage' thread you come down on based on this story.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

ksire_99 wrote:great fight...I am guessing I know what side of the 'damage' thread you come down on based on this story.
'damage' is not a usual part of my stories, but it does have its place if done correctly lol. Anyway, glad you're enjoying it so far.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

That was one goddamn awesome fight. I loved the art to go with it as well.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

The Next Day, in a very expensive apartment suite

Lisa Carlson was sitting back in a recliner, enjoying a bottle of champagne and watching the news. Today the young woman was dressed in black yoga pants and a white t-shirt. The blonde doctor smiled as the news anchor recapped Silver Osprey’s battle with Timber Wolf. The superheroine’s defeat was on every local news channel and had even reached several national networks. Lisa closed her eyes and imagined the money she would make, now that her experiments could continue unimpeded.

Lisa opened her eyes again as she heard a door open. Caley Clarke entered the room wearing shorts and a tank top.

“There’s my favorite girl, have a seat and join me,” Lisa motioned towards another recliner and a spare glass.
“With pleasure,” Caley smiled as she sat down and Lisa filled the glass with champagne.

Caley chuckled when she saw what was on TV, “You still watching this?”
Lisa smiled back, “Of course, it is important to enjoy the finer things in life.” “And speaking of the finer things,” the doctor said as she raised her glass in a toast, “Here’s to you honey, the woman who was able to finally get rid of Silver Osprey.”

Caley spoke after taking a drink, “Thank you doctor, but I couldn’t have done it without you.”
“Ah, I’ll settle for partial credit,” Lisa giggled, “Still, it’s too bad that you couldn’t bring her body back here for study.”
“Yeah, but I think the lasting impression it left on Raleigh’s citizens was worth it,” Caley pointed out.
The blonde doctor now had a big grin on her face, “Yeah that was pretty impressive.”

After taking another drink, Caley changed the subject, “I wanted to ask you about what we discovered while testing my limited, before I dealt with Osprey.”
Lisa nodded, “Sure, what’s your question?”
“Do you have any idea why it’s electricity that is my Achilles Heel?” the brunette asked.

What Caley was referring to was the fact that high-voltage electricity was the one thing that could bring her down. Since Carlson had heavily altered Silver Osprey’s DNA before administering it to Caley, the brunette’s super-powered cells were unstable. A large amount of electricity would therefore cause Timber Wolf’s cells to break down. Basically, electricity was quite literally Caley’s kryptonite. The doctor explained this to the beautiful brunette.

“Oh well,” Caley sighed, “I guess when you mess with the genes of someone you take what you can get.”
Lisa waved her hand dismissively, “Given enough time I’m sure I can work out the kinks, especially when I can work unopposed. So what does the rest of the week have in store for you?”
“I think I might make a bank withdraw later this week since, as you say, there’s no one to get in the way,” the young brunette grinned as she and the doctor clinked glasses.
…………………………

She was surrounded by a dark fog, unable to move and she couldn’t see or hear anything. She tried yelling for someone, but nothing came out. For some reason she felt like she was laying down, but she could not feel what she was laying down on.

The scene changed and though she was still laying down, everything was black and she seemed to be floating. There was complete silence all around and she wasn’t even sure if she was breathing. Then she thought she heard something. She strained to listen and after what seemed like an eternity she heard it again. It was a single beep in a not-too-high-pitched tone that she was positive she had heard before.

She heard the beep again and this time recognized the sound as a heart monitor, but where was she? She realized that she wasn’t floating but was instead laying on something soft. She also noticed that the time interval between beeps was getting shorter and at the same time, breathing was becoming difficult.

Slowly, her senses started to wake up. The beeps were occurring at a regular rate now, about once a second it seemed. She felt like something was on her face, but it wasn’t smothering her. Finally, with much effort, her eyes fluttered opened.

Samantha Hunter was sure that her eyes were open, but everything was still dark and blurry. She blinked several times and things started to clear. It looked to Sam like she was in her bedroom, but she couldn’t tell for certain since her eyes weren’t adjusting to the dark. Then Sam noticed a shadow was moving. She tried to move or speak up, but her body wasn’t responding to the commands her brain sent out.

The shadow approached Sam but didn’t say anything. Then it made a hasty retreat to the far wall and the darkness was replaced by a dim lighting. The shadow was gone and in its place was the blurry image of what looked to be a man. He came back towards Sam and as he got closer his image became clearer, it was Mike.

“Sam, can you hear me?” Mike whispered gently.

Sam wanted desperately to answer him, but she could not find her voice. Suddenly, a low humming interrupted her concentration and she began to feel pressure in her left arm.

“It’s okay,” came Mike’s reassuring voice, “it’s just taking your blood pressure.”

This was confirmed a few seconds later when the pressure went away. Even with the pressure released, Sam was still concerned over the fact that she couldn’t seem to move. As if sensing her concern, Mike gently cupped Sam’s cheek and she was relieved to find that she could feel his touch and it was soothing.

“It might be hard to move right now, just give yourself time to completely wake up,” Mike explained.

His words began to ring true as Sam could now feel that she was laying on her bed, wrapped in a soft fleece blanket. When she tried to move however, her body exploded in pain and she wanted to scream, but all that came out was a strained moan.

“Hold on,” Mike said instantly, “Let me try and make you more comfortable.”

A few seconds later there was a warm feeling that started in Sam’s arm and spread throughout her body and the pain melted away. Turning her head, Sam finally spotted a bag of clear fluid hanging by the bed with an IV line running from the bag to under the blanket, and supposedly into her arm.

After what seemed like an eternity, Sam was able to try to speak, but she realized that the oxygen mask on her face was making it hard for her to be understood. Mike gently removed the mask and Sam was able to whisper, “Hi.”

Sam noticed a single tear roll down her boyfriend’s cheek, but she could tell that it was a happy one. Mike smiled and kissed Sam on her forehead before whispering back, “Welcome back.” She smiled weakly back at him.

By now, Sam’s sense of feeling had returned and she could tell that, under her blanket, her uniform had been removed and she was left in her black sports bra and panties that she always wore under her Silver Osprey uniform. “Mike,” she looked up, “what happened to my uniform?”

“It was shredded and I had to cut what was left of it away in order to address your…injuries,” the seasoned paramedic explained.

Even though she was afraid of what she might see, Sam’s curiosity got the better of her and she slowly lifted the edge of her blanket to see the damage. At a glance, she saw bandages scattered all over her body. Although, what really caught her attention was the tight bandage that wrapped completely around her ribcage just under her breasts.

Finished with her assessment, Sam looked back at Mike, “How bad is it?”

Mike took a deep breath, “You’ve got several broken ribs and that’s what the tight wrapping is for. Multiple lacerations and a few puncture wounds. Also, your blood pressure had been low and that’s why I started an IV on you.”
“But…why isn’t my rapid healing working?” Sam asked.
“I…I don’t know,” her boyfriend answered truthfully.
“Well…how long was I out?”
“24 hours,” Mike said with just a hint of fatigue.

That’s when Sam finally noticed the dark circles around Mike’s eyes, as well as the trashcan nearby that was overflowing with empty soda cans. “When was the last time you slept?” she asked.
Mike smiled weakly, “Probably about 36 hours ago.”
“Mike!” Sam exclaimed with as much energy as she could muster, “That’s not good for you.”
“You need to be constantly monitored. It’s either I stay up until you’re stable or you go to the hospital,” was Mike’s determined reply.
“But Timber Wolf’s…still out there,” Sam winced as she propped herself onto her elbows.
“Whoa, not until you’ve had at least a couple of days to recover,” Mike said as he placed a hand on her shoulder.
“I can’t…innocent lives are at stake…” Sam strained, but was shocked when found that she didn’t even have the strength to move Mike’s hand.
“Be realistic, how do you expect to beat her when a normal person like myself can hold you down without effort,” Mike said as he gently pushed her back onto the bed.

Having completely exhausted herself, and feeling every injury she had sustained from Timber Wolf, Sam finally relented, “Okay…you win.”

Sam’s eyes fluttered briefly before they closed and the beautiful young woman went back to sleep with an ever-concerned Mike keeping a vigilant watch as his girlfriend’s blood pressure dropped several points.
…………………………

Sam wasn’t sure what woke her; all she knew was that she still felt extremely weak. Even with the curtains in the bedroom closed, she could tell that it was night out. Sam was a little surprised that Mike wasn’t in the room but she didn’t worry about it.

Sam had just closed her eyes when she heard Mike’s muffled voice coming from the living room, “What are you doing here! GET OUT…ARGH!”

There was a horrible crashing sound and then all went silent. “Mike?” Sam managed to call out weakly as she heard footsteps approaching the door to the bedroom. The door opened and Sam’s blood ran cold when she saw Timber Wolf standing in the doorway!

“You didn’t really think you could hide from me did you?” Timber Wolf sneered as she slowly walked towards the bed Sam was laying on.
Sam noticed trace amounts of blood on the villainess’ claws as she approached, “What have you done?”
The brunette looked at her claws, “You mean the handsome young man in the living room? He got in my way.”

Sam instantly felt sick to her stomach as Timber Wolf’s words hit home. Fighting back tears, Sam tried to sound confident, “You’ll pay…for this…”
“Too bad you won’t be around for that,” was Timber Wolf’s cold response.

Sam tried to sit up but was shocked to discover that she could no longer move. Fear gripped the paralyzed heroine and it showed in her eyes as Timber Wolf raised her hand over Sam. The brunette’s fingers were pressed together with the claws extended.

“Goodbye Silver Osprey,” Timber Wolf then plunged her hand into Sam’s chest.

“AAAAHHHH!” Sam shot up in bed, covered in a cold sweat and shivering violently. Mike jumped up off the floor and was instantly at Sam’s side. “Sam, it’s okay, it’s not real,” he said as he embraced and comforted her. Sam’s eyes rapidly darted back and forth as she tried to slow her rapid breathing. It took her several seconds to realize that she had just experienced a terrible nightmare.

“It seemed…so real…” Sam gasped as she laid her head on Mike’s shoulder and started to relax finally.
“It’s okay, you’re safe here,” Mike whispered as he placed a hand on his girlfriend’s forehead. He was surprised by how hot it was and quickly withdrew his hand, “Jeez Sam, you’re burning up, I’ll be right back.”

Mike went into the bathroom and came back with a damp washcloth and placed it on Sam’s forehead. Steam actually began to rise from the cloth, but Sam breathed a sigh of relief and closed her eyes as she felt the cooling effects of the water’s evaporation.
…………………………

She wasn’t sure how long she was out but Sam was awoken by a feeling of pressure on her torso. She opened her eyes to see Mike hovering over her.

“What…are you doing,” Sam asked groggily.
“It seems that your ribs have healed,” Mike explained as he cut away the bandage that was wrapped around Sam’s lower chest, just under her breasts.

With the tight bandage no longer preventing Sam’s chest from fully expanding, the recovering superheroine suddenly found it much easier to breathe.

As Mike proceeded to unwrap the rest of her bandages, Sam asked, “Any idea why my temperature spiked earlier?”
“My guess would be that it was a side effect of your rapid healing finally gaining headway over your injuries,” Mike answered as he removed the last of the bandages and was relieved to see that all of his girlfriend’s injuries were healed.

“So I’m back to 100%,” Sam asked as she sat up in bed.
“Whoa sparky,” Mike said as he gently placed a hand on Sam’s shoulder, “Not so fast.”
“Mike,” Sam spoke in a serious tone, “Timber Wolf is out there, she needs to be dealt with.”
Mike, however, remained firm, “You’re going to rest for at least another day.”
“I can’t,” Sam replied, “The citizens of Raleigh aren’t safe.”

Mike suddenly became very serious and authoritative, “And if you rush out there at half-strength and without a plan, then Timber Wolf will only finish what she started.”
“What are you saying,” Sam asked, failing to notice Mike reaching into his back pocket.
“I’m saying you will die,” was Mike’s blunt reply.

Looking into his eyes, Sam could now see that it wasn’t Mike the boyfriend that she was talking to, it was Mike the paramedic.

Realizing that she wouldn’t win this argument, and that deep down Mike was right, Sam relented, “Okay, I’ll try to sleep some more.”
“Thank you,” Mike breathed with a sigh of relief as he pulled a blanket over Sam before quickly leaving the bedroom.

Mike walked into the kitchen and leaned over the sink. Slowly he pulled his hand out of his back pocket and looked at the syringe he had been hiding. Mike felt like total slime, he had come within just a few seconds of sedating the woman he loved in order to prevent her from taking on Timber Wolf. The thought that it may have saved her life provided no comfort to him. The lack of sleep, stress over watching his girlfriend get violently beaten and keeping a vigilant watch as she struggled to recover, and now the guilt that he had nearly sedated Sam against her will was too much for Mike and he vomited into the sink.

Mike was rinsing his mouth out when he heard a soft voice behind him, “Hun, are you okay?”

Mike looked over his shoulder and saw Sam, a blanket wrapped around her, standing next to the counter on the opposite side of the kitchen.

“Didn’t I tell you to get some more sleep,” Mike remarked.
“I heard a noise and decided…” Sam stopped midsentence when she saw the syringe laying next to the sink Mike was leaning over. She knew right away what it was for, “You weren’t going to let me leave, were you?”

Mike tried to speak, but the words got caught in his throat and he looked away from Sam. He then felt a hand on his shoulder and heard Sam’s soft voice, “Are you really that worried?”

Though he found his voice, Mike didn’t look at Sam, but squeezed his eyes shut as he fought back tears, “I…can’t lose you…Sam.”

Instead of being angry, Sam was touched at the extreme measures Mike was willing to go to protect her. She cupped her boyfriend’s chin and gently turned his face towards her.

Mike opened his eyes and was surprised to see that, instead of anger, there was a look of caring and understanding on his girlfriend’s beautiful face as she spoke, “You won’t, we’ll sit and analyze everything. That monster must have a weakness. All we have to do is find it.”

Sam’s confidence eased Mike’s guilt and he dried his eyes before managing a smile, “If you won’t sleep, I recorded the news broadcast.”

Sam wrapped an arm around Mike’s broad shoulders and gave him a gentle hug, “Always thinking ahead, aren’t you?”

It was at this point that Mike became acutely aware that all Sam had on under her blanket was a black sports bra and black panties. “A little underdressed for a study session aren’t you,” Mike asked, having his sense of humor return.

“It was faster to throw this blanket on,” Sam replied with a whimsical smirk.

The couple made their way to the couch and sat down. “You sure you’re ready for this,” Mike asked as he reached for the remote.
Sam pulled the blanket over the two of them and snuggled up close to Mike, “Let’s figure out how to take this bitch down.”
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Keep it up C, one of your best stories yet.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

The Sun what high in the clear noon sky as Sam, fully revitalized and dressed in her Silver Osprey uniform, gracefully landed outside of the bank that Timber Wolf had broken in to.

The silver and black-clad superheroine didn’t have to wait long before the brown-haired supervillainess came walking out of the bank, a large bag of money slung over her shoulder.

Upon seeing the thought-dead Silver Osprey standing before her, hands on hips and feet apart, Timber Wolf dropped the bag and furrowed her eyebrows, “I could have sworn that I killed you several days ago.”

Bystanders who, seconds ago, had been scurrying to get away from the bank now stopped and cheered for their city’s protector whom had all but been assumed dead just days ago.

Sam held her pose as she called out confidently to the evil brunette, “Timber Wolf, this is your one chance to surrender peacefully.”
An evil and seductive smile spread across Caley’s lips, “You must be a sucker for punishment,” she replied as she repeatedly slammed one fist into the open palm of her other hand.

Silver Osprey assumed a loose fighting stance, “I guess that’s a ‘No?’”
Timber Wolf started walking slowly towards the confident heroine, “My you’ve gotten cocky since your last beat down. This time I’m going to skin you alive!”

Realizing what was about to happen, the crowds scattered and people abandoned their vehicles.

Timber Wolf was first to act, charging forward at superspeed and threw a punch at Sam. Silver Osprey dodged the attack by dropping to a crouch and swinging a leg out, intending to trip up Timber Wolf. Caley jumped over Osprey’s leg and tried to catch the heroine with a backhand. Sam deflected the grey and blue-clad villainess’s arm and was able to land a jab to Timber Wolf’s side. Caley effortlessly absorbed the hit, pivoted on one foot, and kicked Silver Osprey. Sam went flying sideways and bounced off the hood of a car and skidded along the street before she rolled to her feet.

Sam charged at Caley, who swung a left hook that the superheroine bent backwards to avoid. The two super-powered women spent the next 30 seconds exchanging rapid-fire blows. Silver Osprey did a fantastic job blocking her opponent’s shots, but eventually Timber Wolf’s superior speed and strength won out. The villainess punched Sam in the gut, causing the heroine to cough violently. Timber Wolf then followed with a flipping kick that sent Osprey through the front window of an abandoned UPS truck out right out the back doors of the vehicle.

Despite the force behind the kick, Silver Osprey managed to land on her feet. She grabbed the delivery truck, lifted it over her head with ease, and hurled it at Timber Wolf. Caley jumped up and smashed through the truck with a yell as she aimed towards Osprey. The superheroine jumped aside as Timber Wolf’s blue boots smashed into the concrete.

Timber Wolf stood up and charged at Silver Osprey, who was just getting to her feet. Caley swung a right hook followed quickly by a left. Sam was able to duck under both blows and fired back with an elbow strike. Unfortunately, Timber Wolf blocked the hit and retaliated with a palm strike. The villainess caught Osprey in the chest, pushing the heroine back and down into the street hard, cracking the pavement. Still on her back, Silver Osprey grabbed Timber Wolf’s boots and shoved her feet out from under her, dropping the villainess onto her back. Sam then kicked Caley in the head, sending the supervillainess tumbling across the street and into the side of an 18-wheeler.

Both heroine and villainess leapt to their feet at the same time and charged. Timber Wolf threw a high punch, but missed as Silver Osprey ducked and drove her shoulder into Caley’s unprotected abs. Though she grunted from the hit, the stronger villainess was able to quickly retaliate by driving a knee into Silver Osprey’s side.

Sam winced in pain as she took several steps back while holding her side. The pain quickly subsided and Silver Osprey resumed her fighting stance.

Timber Wolf rushed forward, intending to throw a punch. Fortunately, Silver Osprey saw this coming and pushed off the ground, leaping over and landing behind Timber Wolf with her back to the villainess. Caley was too slow to react as Sam drove her silver clad elbow hard into the small of Timber Wolf’s back, dropping the evil brunette on to her face.

Silver Osprey rushed over to the downed villain, hoping she could end this fight quickly. This move proved costly as Timber Wolf rolled over in a burst of speed, making a backhanded swipe at Sam and catching the heroine in the side of her neck.

“Ahh!” Silver Osprey cried out as she stepped away from Timber Wolf, three clean scratches going across the right side of the heroine’s neck. As her neck healed, Sam realized with a chill that a half-inch deeper and Timber Wolf would have severed an artery.

Caley had a sinister smile on as she stood up, “You’ve upped your game a little Osprey. Good, ‘cus I haven’t broken a sweat yet.”

Heroine and villainess closed and punches and kicks began flying. Sam held her own very well against Timber Wolf, blocking every shot from the villainess. Unfortunately for the silver superheroine, it didn’t last and Timber Wolf landed a hard punch to Osprey’s side. Caley followed up with a knee to Sam’s gut. A roundhouse kick from Timber Wolf sent Silver Osprey tumbling down the street to a traffic circle. Sam came to a stop in the large water fountain display that was in the middle of the circle.

As the soaking superheroine stood up, she was relieved to see that all the vehicles in the traffic circle had been abandoned; there were no innocent bystanders present.

No sooner had Silver Osprey realized this when Timber Wolf came speeding into the traffic circle and tackled the silver superheroine, sending both super-powered women splashing into the fountain. Sam tucked her legs in and was able to shove Caley off of her by kicking both her feet into the villainess’s chest.

Osprey was just getting to her feet when Timber Wolf threw a right hook. Sam was able to raise her left arm to block the hit and retaliated by jabbing Caley in the throat. Thanks to Timber Wolf’s superior strength however, the blow didn’t have its full effect on the villainess and she kicked Sam in the side of her knee.

“Ahhh!” Sam cried out as she dropped to one knee in response to the aching in her knee. Timber Wolf took advantage of this opportunity and stepped behind Silver Osprey, driving her fist into the small of her back, shocking the heroine’s spinal column. Sam fell forward into the fountain with a splash.

With a devious grin, Timber Wolf reached down and wrapped her arms around the heroine, just under her breasts, and lifted her off her feet in a reverse bearhug. Timber Wolf then used her powerful arms to squeeze Silver Osprey. Sam winced in response to the pressure as her black boots kicked weakly against Caley’s grey-covered legs.
background apex predator 03 resized.jpg
background apex predator 03 resized.jpg (733.05 KiB) Viewed 7330 times
Spots were beginning to form in Sam’s vision and she was beginning to feel the exhaustion creeping over her, she just didn’t have the strength necessary to break Timber Wolf’s hold on her. Feeling the superheroine’s weakening struggles, Caley leaned in and whispered in Sam’s ear, “You fought well, but this is the end for you Silver Osprey.”

Timber Wolf gave the silver clad superheroine a final squeeze before tossing her into the hood of an abandoned tow truck. Sam slid off the vehicle and landed face down on the pavement, moaning quietly. Caley tore some chains off the back of the tow truck and walked towards the downed heroine. Using a blue boot, Timber Wolf rolled Silver Osprey on to her back. Kneeling down, Caley pulled Osprey into a sitting position and proceeded to wrap the chains around the heroine’s upper body with her hands behind her. Timber Wolf secured the chains tightly, so tight that Sam felt them dig in slightly as her chest expanded with each breath.

Silver Osprey looked weakly at the villainess as Caley crouched in front of her. Timber Wolf brought a hand forward slowly, stopping just inches from Osprey’s beautiful face before extending her claws as she taunted the defeated superheroine, “You heroes think you’re all so high and mighty. Now, Silver Osprey, I’m going to knock you clean off your perch.” Timber Wolf’s claws inched forward, ready to tear at Sam’s flesh.
apex predator 04 background resized.jpg
apex predator 04 background resized.jpg (777.97 KiB) Viewed 7330 times

Absolutely outstanding Caniac! So well written. Just an awesome story so far.

And the artwork is sick. Adds a ton. Can't wait to see the next chapter.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Outstanding story thus far and incredible art to go along with it. Hoping Sam has a plan here because it looks like she's in serious trouble again! Can't wait to read more! =D>
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'll put the conclusion up at some point this weekend.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Amazing stuff.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Awesome! Can't think of much more to say than that, its just awesome.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Sam knew she had to time this perfectly, a split second too soon or too late and she would be dead. Timber Wolf grabbed Osprey’s silver-covered shoulder to hold the superheroine steady. Though Sam’s hands were behind her, she was able to reach the exposed wiring of the tow truck she was leaning against. Sam took a deep breath and grabbed the sparking end of the wire.

Last night, Sam and Mike had spent hours watching and re-watching the news coverage of Silver Osprey’s first battle with Timber Wolf. It took several playthroughs before Mike pointed out the Timber Wolf had ventured clear of a damaged power relay station. Sam concluded that there had to be a reason that the villainess would avoid electricity when she wasn’t concerned with dodging bullets or flames. Sam figured that electricity must have some kind of negative effect on Timber Wolf; it was just a hunch, but it was the best Sam had to go on. It was with that knowledge that Sam had formed a plan to exploit the evil brunette’s assumed weakness.

The electricity from the sparking wire travelled through Silver Osprey’s body and into Timber Wolf, causing the villainess to wince in both surprise and pain. It took several seconds before Caley was able to release her hold on Sam and stumble back. Sam’s body was stinging for a few seconds before her enhanced healing healed the damage. With renewed strength, Silver Osprey stood up and flexed her arms, shattering the chains that were wrapped around her upper body.
apex predator 05 background resized.jpg
apex predator 05 background resized.jpg (705.68 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
Timber Wolf eyed the superheroine with a look of surprise and rage, Caley couldn’t believe that Silver Osprey had discovered her weakness. Letting her anger get the best of her, the villainess rushed at the silver and black-clad superheroine.

As the two super-powered women traded blows, it was clear that their strength and speed were now on even terms. Since Sam was the better martial artist, that now gave her the advantage, at least in theory.

Timber Wolf landed a lucky punch to Silver Osprey’s stomach and followed with a haymaker to the heroine’s back, dropping Sam to the street.

Caley was about to press her advantage when several gunshots rang out and she felt pain in her shoulder. The villainess looked up and spotted a good looking, blonde, female officer with her handgun pointed at Timber Wolf. Caley looked at her shoulder and saw there was no damage. The shock Caley had received from Silver Osprey had not been enough to remove her invulnerability, it was just enough to make her feel the impact from the bullets. Nevertheless, Timber Wolf was furious; she grabbed the still prone Silver Osprey and threw her at the meddling officer. Sam tried to slow herself down with her flight ability, but she still collided with the officer and both dropped to the ground.

“Officer, are you okay,” Silver Osprey asked the policewoman.
“Yes, but not for long,” the blonde said as she pointed at Timber Wolf.

Sam turned her head and saw that Timber Wolf had extended her claws and was charging at them. “Get somewhere safe,” Osprey told the officer without taking her eyes off the villainess. The officer scrambled away and Sam, still lying on the street, started pushing herself backwards when her hand landed on something. Osprey looked behind her and saw that her hand had landed on a tazer that the police officer had dropped. Without missing a beat Sam snatched up the tazer, turned onto her back, and fired it at Timber Wolf, who was nearly on top of her.

The barbs of the tazer didn’t penetrate Timber Wolf’s skin. Instead, they stuck in the fabric of the villainess’s costume. This was sufficient and the stun weapon discharged. Timber Wolf stopped dead in her tracks and her eyes went wide as she realized what was happening. Still, Caley was determined to take Silver Osprey with her. Timber Wolf took two wobbly steps towards Sam before she fell forward, landing right next to the heroine. Her eyes burning with rage, Timber Wolf reached a hand out, with claws extended, for the osprey symbol on Sam’s chest. Specifically, Caley was aiming for Silver Osprey’s heart. Sam kept her finger on the tazer’s trigger as Timber Wolf’s lethal claws came within less than an inch of her chest. Suddenly, Timber Wolf let out a weak sigh, her eyes close, her head dropped to the pavement, her claws retracted and her hand came to rest harmlessly on the symbol on Sam’s chest.

Silver Osprey swiped Timber Wolf’s limp hand off her chest before laying her head back and letting out a massive sigh of relief, Timber Wolf was beaten.

Sam heard the sound of running footsteps, followed by a female voice, “Silver Osprey, you alright?” Sam looked up to see the policewoman she had ‘run into’ earlier leaning over her with an outstretched hand. Osprey took the offered hand and the officer helped her to her feet.

After thanking the officer, Sam explained to her that electricity would keep Timber Wolf under control. As the unconscious villainess was being hauled away Sam went on to explain to the officer where Dr. Lisa Carlson, the mastermind behind this whole series of events, was hiding out. By the time she was done speaking with the officer, Sam’s enhanced healing had her feeling 100% better.

Silver Osprey was about to fly off when she felt a gentle tug at her cape. Sam turned, looked down, and was caught off guard when she saw a little girl who couldn’t have been older than 5 standing behind her, the girl’s mother was standing just behind the child. “Umm, Silver Osprey, are you going to be okay?” the little girl asked in a sweet young voice. Sam was speechless, this little girl, just one of the many citizens she had sworn to protect, was concerned for Silver Osprey.

After several seconds, Sam knelt down and asked the child, “What’s your name honey?”
“My name is Keela,” the girl answered.
Osprey flashed her award-winning smile, “Yes Keela, I’m going to be okay, thank you for asking.”
Keela’s face lit up, “Good, ‘cus we really like you, thank you for keeping us safe.”

Keela proceeded to wrap her arms around Silver Osprey’s neck. Sam was almost moved to tears as she hugged the little girl. This was what being a hero was all about, protecting others.

A picture of this moment would grace the front cover of tomorrow’s newspaper with the headline “Raleigh Welcomes the Return of its Hero.”

With Keela still holding on to her neck, Sam effortlessly picked the girl up and held her as the two smiled at each other. Eventually the child’s mother came and, after giving some kind words to Silver Osprey, took her child back. Sam spend the next few hours shaking hands with Raleigh’s police officers, fire fighters, EMS providers, as well as accepting the good wished from the citizens of Raleigh.
…………………………

Apartment of Dr. Lisa Carlson

“Ahhhh!” Lisa screamed as she threw a champagne bottle against the wall. The evil doctor was furious that Silver Osprey had bested her plans yet again. Suddenly, the phone rang, interrupting Carlson’s screaming fit.

She practically ripped the phone off its receiver before shouting, “Hello?!”
“The police will be raiding your place in 5 minutes. I suggest you not be there,” said the voice on the other end.
“Who is this?!” Lisa demanded, but the line had already gone dead.

Three minutes later, Lisa Carlson was exiting the front doors of the partially completed skyscraper. As she desperately looked for a mode of transportation, Lisa spotted a limousine parked by the curb. The limo driver was holding the door open and he politely motioned for Lisa to get in the car. Hearing sirens in the distance, Dr. Carlson didn’t hesitate and she climbed in the car. The driver shut the door, got in the driver’s seat, and casually drove off just as police cruisers were rounding the corner. The police cars passed the limo and continued towards the building that Lisa had been in just minutes before.

As she breathed a sigh of relief, Lisa became aware that she was not alone in the limo. Sitting towards the front, yet facing the doctor, was a woman. A shadow inside the limo hid the woman’s face, yet Lisa could see that she wore a black business coat and skirt, a dark purple blouse, pantyhose, and black shoes that had a slight heel. The woman sat with her legs crossed and looked to have a beautiful athletic body and Dr. Carlson estimated that the woman was in her late 20s.

Lisa Carlson was first to speak, “I appreciate the ride, do I also have you to thank for the tip off?”
The woman spoke in a sexy, seductive tone, “That’s correct Dr. Carlson.”
“Who are you, and how do you know my name?” Lisa demanded.
“I know a lot more than your name. As far as who I am, that can wait,” the woman replied as she took a sip from a glass of champagne sitting on the small table next to her.

After a short pause, the woman continued, “Your work with Timber Wolf shows promise. The group I represent has need of someone with your knowledge and skills.”
Dr. Carlson raised an eyebrow, “What do you have to offer me?”
“Aside from an escape from the police, we can offer you protection, a state of the art lab where you can work without the worry of laws or regulations, and more funding than even you’ll know what to do with.”
A smile spread across the evil doctor’s face, “When do I start?”
Even though she couldn’t see the mystery woman’s face, Lisa was sure that she was smiling as she answered, “Immediately.”
…………………………

That night at the condo of Sam Hunter and Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson, dressed in simple shorts and a t-shirt, had been sitting on the couch glued to the TV all day as his girlfriend had battled Timber Wolf, defeated her, and helped the city’s utility workers get started on repairs. Mike was jolted from his trance when he heard the patio door slide open. Turning around, Mike saw Sam entering the condo, still dressed in her Silver Osprey uniform. He jumped off the couch and reached Sam just as she closed the patio door. Sam wrapped her arms around her boyfriend’s neck as his arms wrapped around her waist. Mike could barely contain himself as he lifted his girlfriend off her feet, “I’m so proud of you Sam.”

“I couldn’t have done it without you hun,” Sam replied as she held Mike close.
“Can I get you anything, food, something to drink?” Mike offered without breaking their embrace.
“Some sleep sounds good right now,” Sam sighed quietly.

It was clear that the day had taken a lot out of Sam and Mike was happy to oblige. “As my princess commands,” Mike teased as he swept Sam off her feet and carried her to the bedroom. Sam couldn’t help but smile at the irony of the situation, a superheroine being carried by a normal man. Though Sam certainly wasn’t complaining as she rested her head on Mike’s shoulder.

Once in the bedroom, Mike gently sat Sam on the bed and proceeded to remove her cape. As Mike accessed the secret compartment in the closet and hung up her cape, Sam removed the black gloves from her hands. She tossed these to Mike, who put them away as well. Mike then slid Sam’s black boots off and gently caressed and massaged her silver-clad legs and feet. Sam sighed in response to the feelings of pleasure that this generated, Mike always knew her most sensitive areas. Finally, Mike put the boots away and sat on the bed next to Sam.

Mike put an arm around his girlfriend’s silver-clad shoulders and held her close, “Can I get you anything Sam?”
“Just stay here a little longer,” Sam whispered as she snuggled up next to him and undid her ponytail, letting her silver-streaked black hair cascade down her shoulders and back.

After a few minutes, Sam reached for the collar of her uniform and stretched it out, over her shoulders. Sam slid her arms free before pushing the silver fabric down to her waist, revealing the black sports bra she always wore under her uniform.

Still sitting on the edge of the bed, Sam’s feet and legs were still encased in the silver fabric of her uniform. Her black briefs and silver belt were also in place with the top portion of her uniform bunched up just above her belt. The top half of her toned athletic body was bare except for the black sports bra that held her ample breasts.

Sam looked at Mike, who was still sitting beside her, “Mike, I can’t thank you enough for taking care of me while I was recovering. As well as helping me figure out how to beat Timber Wolf, I just don’t know how I would have done this without you.”
The handsome paramedic smiled back, “I love you Sam, you know I’ll do anything for you.”
Sam flashed a smile that melted her boyfriend’s heart, “I love you too Mike.”

Their lips slowly came together in a deep kiss. Mike was a wonderful kisser and Sam could feel her heart fluttering, as well as a warm sensation growing inside her body.

When the kiss finally broke, Mike whispered, “I’ll let you get to sleep.”

Mike started to get up when Sam’s hand shot out and grabbed the front of his t-shirt.

“Where do you think you’re going handsome?” Sam asked in a sweet, yet seductive tone as she laid back on the bed, pulling Mike down on top of her. Mike’s hands began to caress Sam’s bare sides, working every sensitive spot as he whispered, “So much for you wanting to sleep.” Sam moaned in response to her boyfriend’s pleasing touch, “Ohhhhh…shut up…and kiss me again…”

Once more, their lips came together in a kiss of deep passion.
apex predator 06 background resized.jpg
apex predator 06 background resized.jpg (581.62 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
THE END

A big thank you to everyone who posted comments, I'm glad you enjoyed this new style of story writing. It is my intention to include commissioned art with my stories from now on (so long as money allows of course :-D ). In the future I hope to include more fighting scene commissions, but is there any other particular scene types you guys would like included? Speak freely of course.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Great ending to the story, though looks like Lisa got away again and will still pose more problems for Osprey in the future! Loved all the art to go along with it, does the artist have a DA page or accept commissions?
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Indeed this was probably your best one yet C. The artwork was a really cool addition to the story. Even without the art the story would have still rocked. Good work dude!
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Awesome work man. I hope you'll continue to do stories like this, with the illustrations! Maybe with Viper, maybe with Night Stalker... :D
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Blx wrote:Awesome work man. I hope you'll continue to do stories like this, with the illustrations! Maybe with Viper, maybe with Night Stalker... :D
Glad you enjoyed it!
<SPOILER>
I'm actually in the process of writing a story involving BOTH of the above mentioned ladies :-D
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Wonderful news to hear!
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Red:
I don't think the artist has a DA page, but I'm pretty sure he accepts commissions.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Great story, brilliantly written, superbly illustrated.
And I do want to state now that I really enjoyed it. But I do have one minor criticism with regards the story and that is purely around the initial rendezvous at Carlsons apartment. The idea that the police wouldn't have gone there in response to the bomb threats especially after the supposed death of Silver Osprey and that Carlson is still happily living there until the final tip off is a little weak I think .( I mean, what kind of an arch villain gives the police her home address?)
But hey that's just mho. Don't want to be a killjoy. As I said great story, superb fights and I think you have now cornered the market on these Avengers movie- type crashing- through- buildings fight scenes, (damn you!) they were brilliantly described, and the artwork complimented the story beautifully.
A class act, well done and thank you for taking the time to share it here.

Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Tallyho:
Well you have been a killjoy, no more posting for you! lol I'm just kidding bud. You do raise a good point though and I'll try to pay more attention in the future. I really appreciate all your comments, as well as the comments and feedback from everybody.

Thanks again everybody!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Great Caniac, I'm so glad you've accepted it in the spirit it was intended.
It's an awesome piece of work by both you and the artist, you should feel very proud of what you have created.
Last edited by tallyho 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

It's always good to see the Silver Osprey again! Great storyQ
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

This is way too good a story to languish on page 2 so this is a shameless push from me to get it the wider audience it deserves, by saying to all new writers out there who either have contributed or are thinking about it , that this is the way to write action scenes, and illustrate them, come to that.
If you have just discovered this story by reading this post, skip the end comments (especially mine!) and go read the first post and the rest of the story, you are in for a treat.

'Awesome' is a word overused but this story really is!
Last edited by tallyho 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

You are way too kind Tallyho. Quick news update on my end, I am working on the next story but I've been busy with work lately. I'll get it done eventually, just not sure when, and yes it will include artwork as well :) Thanks again for the kind words.
marcoasalazarm
Neophyte
Neophyte

These are some pretty amazing stories, man.

...first post! Whoo!
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

If you like this, do yourself a favor and scan down the archives for other Silver Osprey stories, like "Feathers and Scales", "Just for Sport", "Silver Osprey Becomes the Prey", and of course "Supergirl: Flaring Tensions", which has a teamup between the Osprey and everyone's favorite Girl of Steel!
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

WOW, This is the best story I have read in my life, please tell me there there is a continue of the Silver Osprey story
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

So glad to see someone else discover this, its my favourite story here for action scenes

Ricky89
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

tallyho wrote:
6 years ago
So glad to see someone else discover this, its my favourite story here for action scenes
Absolutely agree, action scenes was awesome