THE PRINCESS OF PLATANEGRO--A New Goldenmayne Adventure

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
mistuhgone10
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

PROLOGUE:THE ASSIGNMENT

A tall man in his 40s wearing a black pinstripe suit and carrying a black leather briefcase approached the law office of Sylvia Rothberg, Attorney At Law, accompanied by two muscular men also in black pinstripe suits but much younger than he. The trio entered the building just as the slender blonde Miss Rothberg had carried a couple books out of her law library.

"How may I help you, Gentlemen?" She asked she set the books down at her desk. "I apologize for the disarray, I'm in the middle of an important case for The Innocence Project." She added as she walked behind the desk to sit down.

After the three men pulled up chairs to the desk and sat down, the tall man set his briefcase on the desk, and said, "I'll just skip the formalities and get right to the point, Goldenmayne." The ponderous weight of incredulity drooped Sylvia's jaw. "That's right, I am well aware of your secret identity. And, so is my government."

"Government?" Sylvia asked.

"A thousand pardons," the tall man said. "My name is Sebastian Adderly, Grand Regent of the Island Republic of Platanegro. I have come to you today to solicit your assistance in capturing our country's most wanted criminal." He added as he opened the briefacase, and removed a manilla folder with a black crest on the front, and then handed it to Sylvia. "Her name is Rexalla Adderly, Princess of Platanegro." He said as Sylvia opened the dossier to find an 8x10 photograph of a young woman with long black hair in a long black sequined gown and silver tierra. "My neice."

Next Time...The Grand Regent explains a shocking family secret, and how it has sent his country teetering on a collision course with terror.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Nicely done intro look forward to the main event.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

The story seems interesting, looking forward to reading more
mistuhgone10
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO BRING THE NEXT CHAPTER, FOLKS! BUT THERE IT IS...

CHAPTER ONE

"What has she done?" Sylvia asked as continued poring over pictures of the young monarch. "And why do you need my assistance in capturing her?" She added, stopping at a picture of Rexalla wearing a black leather mini dress, black tights, and tall lace-up black boots.

"I'll have to level with you a bit, Goldenmayne." The regent said. "Our country's relations with yours have been, at best, chilly since we were officially established and recognized as a country in 1953. We were a British Colony founded and settled by inhabitants of a prison ship bound for Australia that had shipwrecked on the island 140 years earlier. In exchange for being a startegic outpost for the Allies in Pacific Theatre during World War II, we were promised independence when the Allies prevailed. Sadly, England reneged on this promise. We expected the United States to advocate on our behalf, but they refused because of their involvement in the Korean War. It wasn't until Queen Elizabeth II took the thrown of England in 1952 that England decided to honor the wartime promise, granting us independence on New Years Day of the following year. Since then, we have declared ourselves a neutral state refusing to participate in any international conflicts. While we have reconcilled and forgiven the United States for turning their back on us, the diplomatic gulf between us remains. Since we have no extradition treaty with America, we cannot take one of your citizens into custody for any crime."

"Wait a minute. I thought you said she is a Princess of Platanegro. That means she can't possibly..."

"My dear neice Rexalla is very shrewd. She knows both country's laws forwards and backwards. Prior to lauching her coup, Rexalla attended university at Georgetown in Washington, DC on a Student Visa. While a student at Georgetown, she took advantage of both your citizenship laws and the District of Columbia's same-sex wedding statutes by marrying her roommate, lover and partner-in-crime Maxine Crandall." The regent continued as Sylvia flipped to picture of Rexalla kissing another young brunette both clad in white viels and short white dresses. "Upon graduating Last May, she returned to Platanegro, and had been secretly begun funnelling funds from the Royal Treasury to a para-military junta bent on seizing the country. During the coup that following October, Rexalla and Maxine fled back to the United States in self-imposed exile. It wasn't until the coup had failed, and the junta had been defeated, that her financial role was exposed. She was tried and convicted in abesentia of treason, sedition, and multiple accounts of murder and attempted murder and sentenced to death. Unfortunately in the eyes of your country's Immigration Law, she now holds Platanegran as well as American citizenship, and cannot be extradited..."

"...to face punishment for her crimes."

"Precisely. This means with the help of Broadus and Muchita here, you will have to surreptiously subdue Rexalla, Maxine, and Maxine's twin sister Melinda." The Regent concluded as both bodyguards rose from their chairs, and Sylvia noticed the third woman in a seafoam green bridesmaid gown in the background of the wedding picture.

"You mean kidnap her?"

"Technically, yes, I'm afraid. It's just that I haven't much choice. This is an international disaster. If she is brought home and executed with as little fanfare as possible, your givernment and ours will be able to avoid a military conflict that neither country, but especially ours, cannot afford. You must deliver the trio to our Embassy in Washington, sovereign Platanegran soil, by her 23rd birthday. That is nearly 40 hours from now."

"Forty hours?" Sylvia asked as she set the dossier down on her desk. "What is so special about 40 hours from now?"

"On her 23rd birthday, Rexalla would legally become Queen of Platanegro, and obtain immunity for any crime past, present, and future. This will also mark Platanegro's Bicentennial Celebration. I had lobbied our parliament to repeal that statute due to the nature of her crimes. It was to no avail, and that is why I have come to you. Rexalla thinks she has beaten me, but you are my final card to play. Even if it is my final act as Regent, I will see her pay for her crimes! The only question that remains, Goldenmayne, is will you help us?"

Using her mind-reading powers, Sylvia was able to determine that The Regent had been indeed telling the truth. However, something about the pictures and other evidence in the folder he had given her kept screaming out to her that something was amiss. If Rexalla was so dead-set on claiming her inheritance to the throne, why would she involve herself in a bloody coup d'etat less than a year before she would obtain it without any bloodshed? Two and two were only adding up to three, and it was clear The Regent did not have the pieces necessary to make this an even sum. If she was going to find out the full story, she was going to have to accept The Regent's offer.

"I do accept, Regent. However, I do have one more question."

"Yes."

"Should Rexalla be captured and executed, whom will assume control of the crown?"

"Well, since Rexalla is last of the line, I will assume more of a figure-head role for the remnainder of my days, a Regent-Emeritus if you will, while Prime Minister Jacob Mimms will become Grand Regent of Platanegro."

"Well, then if I am not mistaken, the clock is ticking, Gentlemen." Sylvia said as she rose from her chair. "Just give me a moment to change, and I will be right with you." Sylvia then rushed down the hall to her study, and then turned the bust of Minnesota Fats to a 90-degree angle. As she slid down the pole, she thought, "The Regent certainly has his reasons for pursuing this, but maybe the Prime Minister has some ulterior motives as well...I wonder."

WITH GOLDENMAYNE NOW AWARE OF ALL THE PLAYERS, SHE IS READY TO SPRING INTO ACTION!!! STAY TUNED!!!!!!
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

The history is very interesting, just needed more detail of heroine, Power, Characteristics, do you have other histories with her?
WWchlorofan
Neophyte
Neophyte

Very good story, I'm happy for see another story of Goldenmayne