The Wizard’s Lair Short Story Contest 2016 Results

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Zeta Clark
Sargeant
Sargeant

I’m happy to announce that the winner of The Wizard’s Lair Short Story Contest 2016 is “Defilers’ Club: First Victim” by Dr. Dominator. Congratulations on an outstanding story.

As you may know, last year, writers were tasks with creating short stories inspired by any number of commissioned images owned by The Wizard himself. Dr. D’s inspiration was “Super Trouble” by Darkstalker1.

Please take a moment to review the story and let us and Dr. Dominator know what you thoughts in the comments. Links have been provided below.

To the story:
viewtopic.php?f=39&p=152579#p152579

To The Wizard’s Lair:
http://www.superheroinecentral.com/~wizard/warning.htm
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Many congrats DrD!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes well done- I haven't read it myself yet but I have no doubt it is of your usual high calibre so its on my list!
Congrats on the win
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I just want to thank the Wizard's Lair site for posting my story here. And thank you AEM and Tallyho for your kind words.

I hope the story pleases one and all. I look forward to any and all comments on its content either here or by Private Message.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Rock2000
Neophyte
Neophyte

Only one entry?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^ You can only beat whats in front of you and if you have never read a Dr Dom story I would recommend reading a winning one. This is the second time he has triumphed and the first was against several other entries so its fair to say he is doing something write (see what I did there?!!! Yes, I'm an asshole) even allowing for the lack of competition in this ...er...competition.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Congrats...and I have to say...if you have not read it, it is a must....I LOVED it...our little blonde heroine that we all love to hate(yes jealous of her!) Really gets some attention in this one!
flagonforge
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Great story - well done!
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

For what it is, what it sets out to do, I think this story is perfect. If you wanted to hold up a single, stand-alone short story to represent the genre (at the harder end, certainly) then I think you couldn't find better than this. It's a full story: committed, deep, wonderfully written, and compellingly presented. The characters are all deep and nuanced, and are brought to life tremendously well with particularly vivid voices. The build up is great, the execution is great, and the resolution is great - it's a proper *full* story. I liked the use of first person perspectives telling the story around SG, casting her as an enigmatic, wondrous outsider to everyone else. I also like the due respect paid to the heroine before, during and after her peril, which made SG a credible heroine throughout - making everything that happens to her really affecting.

I zoned out during some of the beatdown stuff because (for me) it genre-shifts away from fetish into something harsher that grates against the fetish material to come - but that's purely a matter of taste, and I know the physical abuse will be a key part of the defeat for others. For those looking for a hard, committed demolition of SG this has to be flawless.

Good stuff, Dr D!
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Void wrote:
7 years ago
For what it is, what it sets out to do, I think this story is perfect. If you wanted to hold up a single, stand-alone short story to represent the genre (at the harder end, certainly) then I think you couldn't find better than this. It's a full story: committed, deep, wonderfully written, and compellingly presented. The characters are all deep and nuanced, and are brought to life tremendously well with particularly vivid voices. The build up is great, the execution is great, and the resolution is great - it's a proper *full* story. I liked the use of first person perspectives telling the story around SG, casting her as an enigmatic, wondrous outsider to everyone else. I also like the due respect paid to the heroine before, during and after her peril, which made SG a credible heroine throughout - making everything that happens to her really affecting.

I zoned out during some of the beatdown stuff because (for me) it genre-shifts away from fetish into something harsher that grates against the fetish material to come - but that's purely a matter of taste, and I know the physical abuse will be a key part of the defeat for others. For those looking for a hard, committed demolition of SG this has to be flawless.

Good stuff, Dr D!

I can't believe I never expressed my sincere thanks to you, Void, for this exquisite review of my story. It's a huge oversight and I apologize profusely. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the tale and the way I went about constructing it. As for the rougher stuff within the story, yes, that is part of my style. Some stories get away from me a little bit but this one I genuinely needed to have the characters handle Supergirl as I did in order to achieve the results they wanted (and that I wanted) from the encounter.

Anyway, your comments mean the world to me so thanks again.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025