Zatanna, Mistress of Magic in The Duel (or, Woe to the Vanquished)

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Hello, all. This here is what you might call a "historical document."

Over on The Wizard's Lair, I believe about ten or so years ago at this point, they were running one of their story contests whose central theme was a specific superheroine: in this case Zatanna. I was rather chuffed when this story, The Duel, won. Didn't come with anything more than bragging rights (and I think maybe a fifty buck gift card, IIRC), but I quite enjoyed writing it and it was good to know someone appreciated it.

Then, well... all the things happened with The Wizard's Lair, and most of their story archive seemed to be lost for good. I assumed that meant this story, of whose local copies I had long since lost track. Thanks to the kind agency of people here, however, I eventually worked out that the Wayback Machine had preserved a copy. I recovered it and having given it some minor edits to clean up typos I hadn't noticed at the time, I've decided to present it here for your edification.

The chapter titles use some special characters, and there's fairly extensive formatting in the body of the story. I don't want to retrofit all of that for forum posting, so I've elected to link to a PDF instead. Read the story here, and I hope you enjoy it!

(EDIT in response to Damselbinder's feedback: If you have trouble with the DocDroid link above, you can use this Google Drive link instead. I personally prefer DocDroid's display, but it would appear you need certain countermeasures against adware running to make it work properly if that's any help.)
Last edited by NotUv2 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Damselbinder

The site you're using is EXTREMELY dodgy. I got popups every time I tried to scroll down, and my antivirus was screaming at me. Any chance you might host it directly here?
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Oh, dear me. Sorry, I forget that not everyone uses ad blockers and such. Wouldn't surprise me to learn Docdroid is intolerable without them.

Is there a better way of hosting PDFs here? It really would be time-prohibitive to reformat the whole thing accurately in forum format, but I'd like it to be accessible without hassle, too.

Amazon
Literotica
Damselbinder

Gdocs, maybe? The forum itself doesn't support them.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Or submit it for upload at Mr. X's web page!
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mr. X doesn't support some of the types of formatting in the story, more's the pity, but I've added a Google Drive link that should solve the problems some people might experience with DocDroid. Thanks!

Amazon
Literotica