Supergirl Kickstarter About to go live

General discussions about superheroines!

Will you support the Kickstarted project

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 19
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

We are keeping the first movie simple just to gauge how much support we can expect.
If the first one goes well we will start adding things like extra locations and FX

How it works:
We will start here on this thread. We will start a poll asking wether you would support or not. As elements are added you can choice wether to continue your support or change to not support the project. When we get towards the end we will put the kickstarter up and officially ask those who said they would support to do so.

What are the levels of support:
$5 will get you a digital copy of a 30-90 minute film. Even if not all the aspects of your personal likes are in the film ask yourself if there are enough to merit a $5 contribution. I know some people will let one small aspect change their outlook and that can't be stopped for some people, but honestly ask yourself if the project as it stands is worth $5

$10 pledges will get a digital download of the finished movie, and have there names (or nicknames) added to closing credits.

$25 pledges will get:
1) a digital download of the finished movie
2) names (or nicknames) added to closing credits
3) A personalized video thank you from Evangeline in costume

$50 pledges will get:
1) a digital download of the finished movie
2) names (or nicknames) added to closing credits
3) A personalized video thank you
4) The ability to write a 5-10 minute scene for the movie (must be cleared before pledging)

Concept:
Superman has gone missing!
The world last saw him flying off the planet to investigate a strange portal that has opened between the earth and the moon
Supergirl has gone to investigate and gets back only to find that a strange being was also seen escaping the portal

Super girl sets off to find this being

What is he up to? what does he want? and what is his connection with the disappearance of Superman?

Running time:
Starting at a base time of 30 minutes and can go as long as 90 minutes

Elements:
1) Death peril. Super girl is trapped in a Kryptonite containment Death Trap that slowly shrinks forcing Supergirl to either submit or face her doom
2) Moral peril. Super girl is faced with the choice between submitting to the villains evil demands or face the death of thousands of people.
3) Sexual peril (optional)
4) Either a victory ending or a death ending depending on which you prefer. (videos will not have both endings. those who wish death over victory will be sent their choice as a digital download

How do the $50 donation scenes work.
Anyone who is interested in writing a scene of the movie will be allowed to write a 5-10 minute scene in which Supergirl is captured and put in peril. the scene cannot end in death as we will need to keep her alive to continue the movie. You can kill her only if by the end of the scene she is brought back to life by another female hero. We ask that anyone interested in this post here as a reply and give us a brief example of your idea. Ultimately the 5-10 minute scene has to fit into the overall story stated above.

So lets start. with what you see above would you be willing to support the project at the basic level or higher? let me know in the poll
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Do you have an idea or a comment?
please add it below.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

What other elements would you add or remove?
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

I'm going to give this the full week and then the weekend.
I'm going to address any questions, and continue to move the story along.
If there are no points Im going to bump this once a day to keep it as visible as possible.
I'm hoping that by weeks end we have moved closer to getting this full established.

So guys someone what would you need to see to make this a viable $5 movie for you.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Good luck with this.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:Good luck with this.
thanks.
I'm doing my daily bump now in hopes of keeping it in sight until Friday. Im hoping the concept will gain traction.

I know quite a few people who have both publicly and privately asked me about the $1.00 per minute rate and the possibility of paying less.

If this takes off it will allow met still make movies for enjoyment while keeping everyone paying a more than reasonable rate per movie.

My thoughts are that even if all elements aren't there but the majority are people will still support the project.
But I don't know.

Im trying to be as visible as possible to answer any questions, its just been a slow start
Cthehammer
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I'm confused as to the difference between the 5 and 10 dollar pledge (not the amounts lol)

But aren't they both digital downloads that I would be receiving?

Im definitely interested
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

10 bucks gets you named in the end creds.as well.
KoG cunningly hid this information in the bit that tells you what $10 pledges get... ;)
The last place he knew we would look. ...

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:10 bucks gets you named in the end creds.as well.
KoG cunningly hid this information in the bit that tells you what $10 pledges get... ;)
$10 gets your name (or nickname) in the credits
$5 doesn't
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:10 bucks gets you named in the end creds.as well.

lol, thats actually my fault because the rest of them are listed one per line except the $10 which has them all in one line.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes , where I said 'as well' I meant as well as the film download that the $5 gives you, not in the sense that $5 +$10 was the same

Brad
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

OK. Who exactly is playing Supergirl here? Eve? Does the mysterious stranger have to be male? Can they be female also? Will Supergirl be in costume mostly? Or also in disguise in her alter ego? What costume are you using for her?

These questions come to mind. There probably are obvious answers, but I just thought I'd ask.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Brad wrote:OK. Who exactly is playing Supergirl here? Eve? Does the mysterious stranger have to be male? Can they be female also? Will Supergirl be in costume mostly? Or also in disguise in her alter ego? What costume are you using for her?

These questions come to mind. There probably are obvious answers, but I just thought I'd ask.
1) Eve will be playing the super heroine role.
2) Yes the mysterious stranger has to be male
3) Supergirl will be in costume for the majority of the film, but a transformation scene or two is possible
4) The latex Supergirl costume

The reasons for questions 1 and 2 are the same.
We are not sure what kind of support we are going to get for the first project and refuse to financially extend ourselves for a project that will cost us. If we spend $2 grand on a project and only make $150 it would seriously hinder our ability to continue making films so we have to be careful.

a model for a 15-20 minute film costs several hundred dollars
2 models for a 15-20 minute movie cost twice as much.
a model for a 30-90 minute movie would approach a grand.
2 models for a 30-90 minute movie would cost twice as much.

I can't really see risking $2K for something that still has no support.
thats why we are using the safety net.
As i mentioned a few times already if the support is there we will be expanding to other models, different locations, and more elaborate FX

I hope this helps
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

So far we have had 7 people say they are willing to support this project.
Cani io ask if the story is enough as it is? do you guys want to throw in any elements to help cement your support?
mind you I'm not talking a detailed list like a custom
(have her wearing purple blindfold while being submerged in a vat of yellow jello while the villain sings oh what a beautiful morning)
I'm talking about a general element which may be missing
(you're missing a humiliation scene, Can we have an underwater scene, Are there any flying scenes, etc)
post your ideas on what elements you feel are missing that might make this a better film
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

This is me with my Ambassador sash off and just speaking as a humble board member (albeit a handsome, spectacularly well endowed, ever modest board member)

I have no agenda here (I'm from Wales we can barely spell 'agenda' but we don't care!) but I would emphasise the point KoG made that whilst you may not want to see SG NOW or even Eve play her, this is a chance to pave the way for stuff you would like to see, be it different models, costumes, heroes or peril and all for a VERY modest initial outlay. Honestly what else are you gonna blow 5 bucks on?

This project is trying to open the door for bigger and better things and I for one hope it works out and I would urge all members of this forum to just back it and see what happens- it might work out and if it doesn't, well you have risked 5 bucks.

Gotta be worth the gamble, surely?

"He either fears his fate much
Or else his desserts are small,
He, who dares not put it to the touch,
To win... or lose it all"

-Lord Montrose (English Civil War General and all round awesome dude)

Well, this time the desserts are BIG(!) if it works out, so in the words of Piccard 'Make it so!' and back this noble endeavour

KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
Well, this time the desserts are BIG(!) if it works out, so in the words of Piccard 'Make it so!' and back this noble endeavour

thank you for saying that. I hope that everyone will at least consider it.
Tommorow was supposed to be the last day you guys can vote on a premise, throw out ideas, etcetera.
but I wanted to extend that to monday since people might not get on until the weekend. so then they can have a vote too

I really hope you guys go forward with this and throw out some ideas.
I really thought that once the concept of a $5 30-90 minute video was offered people would jump at the chance. but I have been rather disappointed by the lack of ideas.
Don't get me wrong. those that have voted for yes they would help support I appreciate it. I was just hoping for more interaction with everyone. The last time someone tried this everyone wanted a say and weren't given one. this time Im opening the barn doors for you all and haven't had much input.

Im really hoping you guys like the idea and interact.
that would be great
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Todays bump looking for more input before the end of the weekend when we lock it up and start planning the shoot.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I'm not sure if the latex costume would show her body as well as spandex would when doused with water but if it does, that would be fun. Theoretically it could be water laced with kryptonite to weaken her before she's put into the containment chamber. Sort of double dosing her to ensure she's helpless.

I would think that having a wet SG struggle against that containment chamber would be good. Banging her fists with frustration and maybe even crying, (close up of added tears before getting her resolve back?)

As for sexual peril, it's preferable in costume natch. Possibly from behind with a hand pulling on her hair and one pulling her hips back.

Death ending. What are the chances of using some green makeup to simulate k poisoning? That would be epic.

Count me in for $10 no matter what you end up deciding to do, KoG. Definitely looking forward to this and hope it works.

Come on, people! This is a great deal. Show your support. Let's hear it out there.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would consider contributing based on who the model will be. For me, the model is key. Put Cassidy, Coco, Amber, Kacie, or Tiffany in that outfit and I'm laying down some money big-time. I'm open to a new model of that caliber, I just don't want to put down money for a model who just doesn't do it for me.
I would be interested in seeing what models are being considered. That makes the difference for me.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

The 5 bucks or whatever opens the door to future models and heroines. This time its Eve but next time who knows? Thats the point. Get it going now, then pick and choose down the line.

sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That's a fair point Tallyho. At the same time, I don't know to what extent future doors are opened. But for a few bucks...
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

sugarcoater wrote:I would consider contributing based on who the model will be. For me, the model is key. Put Cassidy, Coco, Amber, Kacie, or Tiffany in that outfit and I'm laying down some money big-time. I'm open to a new model of that caliber, I just don't want to put down money for a model who just doesn't do it for me.
I would be interested in seeing what models are being considered. That makes the difference for me.
As mentioned earlier the Moel in question is Evangeline because this is an experiment that could backfire on me terribly! if I put out a kickstarter and 50 vow to contribute but only 5 eventually do then I will have to eat a loss of close to a thousand dollars ($1000) as i mentioned earlier if the initial project with Evangeline sees enough support to warrant another model, or two, or three. then thats what will be done because you guys showed i can take the risk.

As I mentioned earlier as well if the support is there I can also hire out locations and do full green screen rooms and several other sets. It really is all up to you guys. If Evangeline as the model is so important that it doesn't warrant an expenditure of $5 for a 30-90 minute project then i don't know what to tell you, especially when you start complaining that producers are charging too much.

this is ultimately a door opening on very affordable projects.

trust me if I start doing this and it sees so much attention and support that other producers start seeing a door close they will follow suit and thats how an entire industry is changed.

So guys ultimately Im not doing this for myself. I can continue selling my movies at a dollar a minute and keep seeing profits.

This is an attempt to help out and support those who don't have the funds to pay 20-30-40 dollars for a movie.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

if I put out a kickstarter and 50 vow to contribute but only 5 eventually do then I will have to eat a loss of close to a thousand dollars ($1000)
If you set a Kickstarter goal of $1000, but you only raise $50 by the end of last day, then you don't get any of the $50 pledges, and you're also not obligated to make the movie or fulfill rewards. So no having to eat a loss of close to $1000, it would just be a failed Kickstarter.

That's how Kickstarter works, other crowdfunding sites may be more along the line of how you're thinking.

:ybat:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

theScribbler wrote:
if I put out a kickstarter and 50 vow to contribute but only 5 eventually do then I will have to eat a loss of close to a thousand dollars ($1000)
If you set a Kickstarter goal of $1000, but you only raise $50 by the end of last day, then you don't get any of the $50 pledges, and you're also not obligated to make the movie or fulfill rewards. So no having to eat a loss of close to $1000, it would just be a failed Kickstarter.

That's how Kickstarter works, other crowdfunding sites may be more along the line of how you're thinking.

:ybat:
While what you say is technically true what you're not taking into consideration is booking time.
Sure i can start up a kickstarter and if it fails then Im out nothing but thats not how booking a model works!
if we wanted lets say Diana Knight. we have to make arrangements for her to come here wether its just booking the shoot or booking it and flying her in.

If we make that plan blindly and the kickstarter fails I still am on the hook for her shoot.
Canceling with her after she has made plans with us reflects badly on our reputation. I have heard countless stories from models about producers who book shoots and then repeatedly cancel which makes them not want to book with them ever again, especially when its a repeat offender.

If we made arrangements to fly her in and she made plans to shoot with other producers then Im ruining her money made from us and also ruining money she would have made from other producers. So i can either live up to my obligation or face ruining our well established good name.

Models have to be booked months in advance sometimes. and they start making arrangements the moment we lock down a date.

but its not just models. locations require non-refundable deposits, studios require non-refundable depositors, the green screen studios require non-returnable deposits.

And what about costumes? good costumes require 4-8 weeks to make. and can cost as low as $500or as high as $1600.
if a costume is going to be bought for this movie (because many of you have a hatred for the halloween adventure cheap costumes) it has to be made. and if i plunk down the money for that costume and then the kickstarter fails guess what happens then?

Yeah trust me I have thought this through.
I actually have an idea about what I'm talking about.
and now that i have explained it so do you.
:D
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

If you chose yes to the support please go here to discuss costume change:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26832

Im asking only people who have pledged support to chose. if you're not going to pledge support then a costume change really doesn't affect you.

thank you

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26832
Blue-Scion

I have nothing against Evangeline but please dont make her SG.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Blue-Scion wrote:I have nothing against Evangeline but please dont make her SG.
Unfortunately she will be the only one that we can have for the first one.
If the kickstarter takes off and people donate to it I will be able to make the 2nd and 3rd one with super girl another model. we could also have a contest to see who we should hire!
but unfortunately i can't extend myself on a limb in 300mph winds and hope for the best.
if this is going to go forward i have to know there is a safety net and that net is the first campaign.

if the first campaign shows fruit i would be happy to bring in another model because there is proof that its worth it to people.

I know the argument:
"if the kickstarted fails to meet its goals then no-one gets charged" but thats thinking that the only thing on the line is money.
the models time has to be taken into consideration and booking months in advance. if we are promising to fly her up and she makes arrangements only to have her trip cancelled would reflect poorly on us.

so unfortunately if people want another model they will have to contribute to the first one to prove its worth taking the risk.