Which Costume should we buy the the Supergirl Kickstarter

General discussions about superheroines!

Which Supergirl would you like to see in the kickstarter plan

Poll ended at 8 years ago

costume 1
37%
costume 2
10%
Costume 3
10%
costume 4
2%
costume 5
2%
costume 6
36%
costume 7
No votes
costume 8
3%

Total votes: 59
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Well...you guys have said you don't like the latex super girl costume so we are back to square 1
please choose which you like and vote for it.
after a week the winner will be chosen and its price
(between $200 and $1800)
will be added to the kickstarter plan. of course this means that a lot more is going to have to be collected but thats what you guys want so lets see how far we get this time.

This post is due entirely to the response from this post
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26832
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Just thought i should put some notes on the costumes...

Which costumes i didnt like and was removed from my choice as a process of elimination.

3 was out because its based on the newer version of Supergirl's costume which is hit and miss in this genre. I'd be surprised if this one won.

4 was out because this is an off the shelf halloween costume. I've seen it before in the past, and it just never seemed to fit right on the model.

6 was out for the same reason as 3, though i did like the texture of the costume.

Those were the easy one to discount, from there you have to get a little more nit picky.

2 I liked the look of the costume, but i didnt like the cape. The cape is too long, and the string tie for the cape just looks tacky for something like this.

7 Costume resembled a lot of 4, but I like the length of the cape, though i wasnt keen on the way it was attached, at least it wasnt a string. I've seen Sleeperkid use this costume and it's not terrible but i thought there were better costumes to pick from.

5 Doesnt look bad. The cape is a good length, and seems to fasten nicely, at least from what i can tell. The model looks okay in the costume, but i have issues with the look since, i can see it looking terrible if it does not fit the model well.

So for me, it was a flip up between costume 1 and 8.

1 I liked this costume, while it looks less 'professional', it does pattern after the current tv series look which is not terrible, and the fabric looks like theres enough stretch to it to fit a model nicely. The cape looks a little long, but at least it seems tucked nicely into the costume. The costume doesnt look stiff and actually looks comfortable enough to 'act' in. Maybe a small consideration but something you should weigh in. It's one thing to say a costume looks good on a posed model, it's another thing to see it in video and in motion.

8 I liked costume 8, the only thing i didnt like about it was the long length of the cape but the gold trim does earn some points to make up for it.. They always seem to make it too long which detracts from filing since you end up missing a lot of good stuff as the cape gets in the way. The rest of the costume does look fitted and nice though. Presuming the model can fill it out properly this is probably the best looking costume.

So what decided it for me? It would probably depend on the model. I actually went with costume 1 on the blind. Why? Costume 8 might look nicer but it also shows more skin, which increases the odds of seeing tattoos in really odd places which destroys the illusion for me. Costume one is more forgiving for concealing that stuff. So i went with 1.

If the model doesnt have tatoos, or if you plan on using make up to cover them up, I would go with costume 8.

Regardless, if you get a costume with a long cape, i really suggest taking a pair of scissors to it and trimming it to somewhere between mid thigh and just below the butt cheek of the model.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Kitten wrote:Just thought i should put some notes on the costumes...

Other than the halloween adventure costume
(which i agree with you are god awful and crappy but so many people have been jumping on my ass about the unique costume we had made that i offered the crappy one to see how many people would vote for the $20 disaster)
They are all custom made.
None of them are off the shelf, which means guess what.....
the length of the cape is 100% up to me. it can come to as low as the small of the back like a mini cape, or so long that it leaves a darth vader trail...so that kinda blows your reasons.

Also the srtring..... again these are all custom made by hand which means I can ask her to sew cape to the inside of the neck of the top.

so that blows that one.

I agree that the drawstring on the cape is stupid and makes it look cheap. Even if you had not said a word i would have probably told her to sew the cape in
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Kitten wrote: 5 Doesnt look bad. The cape is a good length, and seems to fasten nicely, at least from what i can tell. The model looks okay in the costume, but i have issues with the look since, i can see it looking terrible if it does not fit the model well.
off the shelf costume
$33.00
Gus Goreman, Jr.
Henchman
Henchman

who is going to be soopergirl?
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I thought the plan was to have a latex Supergirl costume. Based on the posts and votes, we're looking at another Supergirl outfit that is similar to what has been done before. Personally I've been hoping for more latex costumes, and a Supergirl one would be quite unique. But if it's going to be a "regular" costume with a mild variation on what's been done, it seems like the opportunity for a more unique look goes by the wayside.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

sugarcoater wrote:I thought the plan was to have a latex Supergirl costume. Based on the posts and votes, we're looking at another Supergirl outfit that is similar to what has been done before. Personally I've been hoping for more latex costumes, and a Supergirl one would be quite unique. But if it's going to be a "regular" costume with a mild variation on what's been done, it seems like the opportunity for a more unique look goes by the wayside.
That was my initial thought and but it seems that those who are interested in supporting don't want the latex costume
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Gus Goreman, Jr. wrote:who is going to be soopergirl?
I've commented on this a few times already. see here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26781
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

vadimfv wrote:Check yr PMs KoG, thanks!

btw, I don't mind the Latex one (it reminds me of the Spandexer latex costume from Giga GHOR-22, but without the boob window), but that full-body blue one is just so tight (and makes me think of the Supergirl costume from Alex Braun) that it wins by a nose.
Thanks. replied to PM
EricPerridon2050
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Between SG Costume 1 Or Costume 6.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

I just spoke to the creator of costume number 6 which seems to be leading in the poll. He said he can include a crotch zipper and sew the cape to the inside of the top.
Brad
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I like costume 6. But I like detachable capes, too. Also, what FX is available? Thought I heard a flight scene mentioned at one point, but at another something about adding FX and/or other elements if there's support available. That apply to this film or to upcoming ones?
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Brad wrote:I like costume 6. But I like detachable capes, too. Also, what FX is available? Thought I heard a flight scene mentioned at one point, but at another something about adding FX and/or other elements if there's support available. That apply to this film or to upcoming ones?
thanks for writing and asking.
the first one can have a flying sequence. thats not too hard.
Eventually i want to get things like a drone (fairly inexpensive to use for specific scenes i won't go into here
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Number 6 is winning??? I'm surprised that people are going with the one that shows the least skin.

I went with # 1 because it's simple and looks like good material and has the best fit.
#2 looks plastic.
#3 looks kinda ridiculous but would be ok if it had a higher cut for the leg openings.
#4 looks like a boring cut.
#5 like a Halloween costume.
#6 actually looks pretty cool and would probably be my 3rd choice to be honest but only because the others look so bad.
#7 what the heck is that? That giant S and that skirt that gets longer in the front? Atrocious!
#8 looks very good and would probably be my 2nd choice.
Ave atque vale
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

I spoke again to the creator and he told me that he wouldn't be able to start on it until may and each piece takes 8 weeks to build so production with suit number six wouldn't start until mid july with a release of August.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

As it stands now the costume all on its own is going to cost about $1350 with added crotch zipper, removable cape, and detachable boots (for those of you who want de-booting)
Which means the kicjstarter is going to have to raise $1700 to cover the costume and the production costs. this was a far smaller goal before th need to introduce a new costume, but we will se where we go i guess.
killorson
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I'm with descending skull. Number 6 shows the least skin, no legs (Supergirl's best part), and is possibly the least sexy. I went with number one also, as Supergirl without a skirt just just doesn't interest me any more than a flat-chestsed Power Girl or Wonder Woman would appeal to their fans.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

killorson wrote:I'm with descending skull. Number 6 shows the least skin, no legs (Supergirl's best part), and is possibly the least sexy. I went with number one also, as Supergirl without a skirt just just doesn't interest me any more than a flat-chestsed Power Girl or Wonder Woman would appeal to their fans.
Well...unfortunatly the original costume i was going for showed a lot of skin and was easy to work with and made the campaign relatively cheap to produce.
with the new $1250 costume it means that an entire costume has to be funded frost before we can shoot the first frame.

will it work?
who knows.
I was happier before this turn
but if people fund the costume, then i have no problem shooting it.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

killorson wrote:I'm with descending skull. Number 6 shows the least skin, no legs (Supergirl's best part), and is possibly the least sexy. I went with number one also, as Supergirl without a skirt just just doesn't interest me any more than a flat-chestsed Power Girl or Wonder Woman would appeal to their fans.

How about this?
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

ywf wrote:

How about this?

2 issues.

1) the outfit is a dye sub. dye subs are the absolute 100% worst thing you can buy for a super heroine costume. sure if you're going out trick or treating or going to a party its fine but its super thin and flimsy, easily gets holes and there is no repairing it. one rip and its trash! also dye subs are expensive! so you're basically paying twice as much for 1/4th the duration
2) I couldn't find anyone making it. its concept art.

just a terrible idea.

If enough people who are willing to support the film vote for number 1 then number ones the one that wins....not to mention that number 1 is also $900 cheaper than number 6 meaning more likelihood of a chance of getting the final movie greenly.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

As it stands now in order to get the costume thats in the lead we will need everyone who voted for it to kick in $90
Im starting to see the writing on the wall.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
ywf wrote:

How about this?

2 issues.

1) the outfit is a dye sub. dye subs are the absolute 100% worst thing you can buy for a super heroine costume. sure if you're going out trick or treating or going to a party its fine but its super thin and flimsy, easily gets holes and there is no repairing it. one rip and its trash! also dye subs are expensive! so you're basically paying twice as much for 1/4th the duration
2) I couldn't find anyone making it. its concept art.

just a terrible idea.

If enough people who are willing to support the film vote for number 1 then number ones the one that wins....not to mention that number 1 is also $900 cheaper than number 6 meaning more likelihood of a chance of getting the final movie greenly.
Of course it is a concept art. I just want to point out it has the elements of number 1 (skirt + legs) and number 6 (metallic finish).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

ywf wrote: Of course it is a concept art. I just want to point out it has the elements of number 1 (skirt + legs) and number 6 (metallic finish).
Oh sure. thats completely possible....for about twice the price! usually costume designers take months playing around with concepts before getting a finished product. that finished product is then set up for public commissions based on exact body sizes.
I would have to find an established designer who could do it raw and then pay about $2K- $2.5 K to have it made.

don't get me wrong Im not arguing with you. I prefer number 1 as well...unfortunately its not my call to make as my call wasn't deemed good enough.
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

what about my idea about voters having to put the money where the mouth is??
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

When this ends, why not have a second poll on the top 3 with their costs listed so people can way up the look/for price
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Dragon1 wrote:what about my idea about voters having to put the money where the mouth is??
I like that idea quite a bit. maybe start a kickstarter just for the costume.
let them decide how important it is to them.

or....
I could just put this entire thing on the back burner, buy the top three costumes myself out of pocket and then let people decide.
Gus Goreman, Jr.
Henchman
Henchman

If you really wanted to do costume #6, does it need it need to spot accurate? All that detail on the costume would be appreciated if you were at a convention but it won't make much of a difference in your video. You could make that with a metallic bodysuit and a sew on patch from etsy.
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

the less money you use the better so I would see who is ready to put the money where the voting is.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is there any particular reason why you're not considering these TV replica costumes from Amazon sellers?

amazon.com/Supergirl-Danvers-Cosplay-Costume-Outfit/dp/B01AHZIHM0/
amazon.com/Supergirl-Costume-Halloween-Puffy-Jumpsuit/dp/B015X398EM/
amazon.com/Supergirl-Danvers-Cosplay-Costume-Custom/dp/B01DEYH2A4/
Attachments
costume 1.jpg
costume 1.jpg (121.03 KiB) Viewed 6815 times
costume 2.jpg
costume 2.jpg (168.23 KiB) Viewed 6815 times
boots.jpg
boots.jpg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 6815 times
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:Is there any particular reason why you're not considering these TV replica costumes from Amazon sellers?

amazon.com/Supergirl-Danvers-Cosplay-Costume-Outfit/dp/B01AHZIHM0/
amazon.com/Supergirl-Costume-Halloween-Puffy-Jumpsuit/dp/B015X398EM/
amazon.com/Supergirl-Danvers-Cosplay-Costume-Custom/dp/B01DEYH2A4/
i actually agree with this---I think that its time for producers to start using the Supergirl TV replica costume for future films...i've been thinking about it myself for future films. but on the other hand..I can understand that other like knightofgotham would want to go with the classic 1984 supergirl look or the "Girl Of Steel" costume too.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:Is there any particular reason why you're not considering these TV replica costumes from Amazon sellers?

Because it looks cheap.
seriously to me it looks like someone thought it a good idea to make a suit out of painted bubblewrap.

I don't really like ordering costumes from amazon beca8use its very difficult to know exactly where the costume is coming from. I really try to avoid China, and as of late there are people opening ships in the US and having it made in china.

I stick to ETSY where they are really much stricter on quality control.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Attention:
I would like to make it very clear that the 20 people who voted for this costume with a promise of supporting the kickstarter once it got started should head here now:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26881&p=119163#p119163

the kickstarter has 21 days left.
you were asked, and you chose now please do this entire forum a favor (since this project is more about you all than me)
and show the support you promised.

thank you
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26881&p=119163#p119163