Need Your Help- How To Watch Akiba Videos on a Mac

General discussions about superheroines!
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

It's been a long time since Akiba (Giga-Freeks, whatever they go by now) has produced a video I want to see: http://www.akiba-web.com/product/downlo ... ct_id=5472

I went through the process of going to buy the film and saw I needed to use Safari w/ Silverlight on my Mac to use their SP Player. I totally get their logic (cut down on piracy) but ...

This is a massive pain in the ass.

So, does anyone know of how Mac users can purchase their films through the site and still watch those purchased videos through other means or media players? If so, can you let me (and others, since I'm sure I'm not alone here) know how to do this.
Last edited by frankzito 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Can you run in PC emulation and view it that way?
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Very good point. I do not know how to do that, but I suppose that's probably the best way to do this?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah you open a virtual window and run in that. I'm sure the internet has directions. What is wrong with Safari and silverlight? You just don't want it or is the player bad?
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I can't seem to get Safari and Silverlight to cooperate with each other. It's installed, but Akiba's site says it's not installed. So rather than fuck around I figure it'll probably be easier to do a virtual window. Totally good call, I had not thought of doing that.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Are you using any ad-blocking or script-blocking software? If so, try disabling it just for the Akiba site.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes Heroine addict is right, what antivirus do you have or do you have ad blocker? My AVG tends to block the Akiba player. May not be a silverlight issue at all.

Also did you try their test video before purchasing or is this the test video that won't run? Also look to see if another window is being brought up and you just can't see it.

Did you follow these directions?

http://www.akiba-web.com/fq/index.php?c ... _id=16#112
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I have Sophos as an anti-virus. I do have Adblock Plus, but it's only on Chrome, not Safari.

Same issues with the test video. It's all good, sounds like Bootcamp or another way to run Windows solves all these problems. Been meaning to do that anyway so I can play Magic: The Gathering, so might as well do it for this too.