Superheroine's Demise...wtf?

General discussions about superheroines!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Strangely enough, the Galaxy Tab and most Android phones have widescreen displays. Meaning that sites optimized for 800x600 - such as Sooperhero and SHC - will appear with black bars down the sides. How is that a better viewing experience on a small screen?

The comment about crude design was more aimed at Sooperhero's fugly interface with its plain text and square photos. Although SHC's design is looking pretty dated now too. This is not a request for flash animation, but rather just for a superficial redesign to stop the site looking like it's been abandoned.

As for MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video formats from the 1990s, the larger file sizes would make these videos a nightmare to download on phones. So this isn't an advantage for phone users AT ALL. There would be a massive saving in bandwidth if these videos could be re-encoded to MPEG-4 formats, with no visible drop in picture quality.

I can see why it might seem like a good policy to use primitive formats which play on all computers "straight out of the box". However, MPEG-4 has been so widely adopted in recent years that pretty much every device from the 2010s should handle it. Literally nobody else is sticking to antiquated formats, just for the sake of one or two Luddite customers who still use Windows XP without codecs. This seems to be a strange quirk of the old paysites which never dragged themselves into the modern age.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It is funny DanO still has "optimized for 800x600 screens" at the bottom of his main pages.
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I doubt Villain will ever return to update his sites. The little work he still does is just taking whats on the sites and uploading them to his Clips4Sale store.
Opaque
Neophyte
Neophyte

Too young and still stuck with a dial-up connection up until 2002, I didn't get to live the "golden age" of the sites mentioned.
My introduction to people producing superheroine content was at the tail end of the Steele sites, and while SSH(and USH) was still a thing and being updated. Wasn't so much peril as it was photos of pretty women in costumes.
So weird thinking about how ignorant I was about how to find the "right stuff" back then. I came across sooperhero and SHC after a while. I dropped a 1 month subscription on sooperhero. The site was so poorly organized I couldn't find where stuff began or where they ended.
heroinefan351
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Mr X. Would you please remake psystrike? One of my favorite superheroine movies ever and I lost it when a my old computer crashed and can't find it anywhere. Lol
LordSnot
Henchman
Henchman

Dan0! If you even still around, Remaster and re-release! Sucks having to watch these golden oldies clip by clip.

Oh and lose the voiceovers. Those sucked.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

heroinefan351 wrote:Mr X. Would you please remake psystrike? One of my favorite superheroine movies ever and I lost it when a my old computer crashed and can't find it anywhere. Lol
Sorry I don't work for SHC so I have no access to that material. Yeah Akira's booty is pretty nice ;)
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Just a heads up on Superheroines Demise a/k/a sooperhero.com, the site doesn't appear to be working. I thought I would try to grab a bunch of their old photosets, but it takes your money and then the member's login doesn't work and you're lucky if you can get to the site. It also kicked off my Avast virus blocker when I tried to access it. Pretty much a big rip off now that they are still offering memberships.
Ripper1
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

LordSnot wrote:Dan0! If you even still around, Remaster and re-release! Sucks having to watch these golden oldies clip by clip.

Oh and lose the voiceovers. Those sucked.
Well I am sure that will surely get him to change his ways very unlikely and if your looking to watch a specific video, hmm maybe I might be able to convert it into one long video :)
shevek
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:He should really re-edit all the parts into full-length features and sell them on C4S. There are some I saw on there years ago that I would buy just to have them in my collection. :)
Surprise! Guess what? I just discovered this by accident! (Won't say how). "Villain" has been unspooling his old Superheroine's Demise clips on C4S since 2011! On a clip store called Humiliated Superheroines. The most recent flurry of clips that he posted were as recent as October 2016..which means that technically he is "active" and around (if probably not producing anything new).

Most of the clips doesn't have actresses listed but for example, I was able to find four that star the incredible Chloe James:
(who must be retired by now? there's no trace of her on the Internet. The "Chloe James" that comes up is a more recent British brunette.)
Spidergirl Soaks Her Suit
Futile Rescue (Liberty Star)
Golden Star vs the Voltans
Nighthawk vs Redwing

Here it is: http://clips4sale.com/48875 Humiliated Superheroines

Hope that helps for those who have nostalgia for Sooperhero.com (I do), or want to know what all the fuss was about.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
TIEnTEEZ wrote:He should really re-edit all the parts into full-length features and sell them on C4S. There are some I saw on there years ago that I would buy just to have them in my collection. :)
Surprise! Guess what? I just discovered this by accident! (Won't say how). "Villain" has been unspooling his old Superheroine's Demise clips on C4S since 2011! On a clip store called Humiliated Superheroines. The most recent flurry of clips that he posted were as recent as October 2016..which means that technically he is "active" and around (if probably not producing anything new).

Most of the clips doesn't have actresses listed but for example, I was able to find four that star the incredible Chloe James:
(who must be retired by now? there's no trace of her on the Internet. The "Chloe James" that comes up is a more recent British brunette.)
Spidergirl Soaks Her Suit
Futile Rescue (Liberty Star)
Golden Star vs the Voltans
Nighthawk vs Redwing

Here it is: http://clips4sale.com/48875 Humiliated Superheroines

Hope that helps for those who have nostalgia for Sooperhero.com (I do), or want to know what all the fuss was about.
Wow. That's for the info. :)

Now that you mention it... I guess I kinda already knew that he had a C4S store. But the stuff that's up there is not his best work, and as far as I can tell, he hasn't re-edited or posted any of the really good older stuff he did. It looks to me like he only put up his most recent vids and not even a whole lot of them.
shevek
Producer
Producer

TieNTeez, to get back to what you were saying about Villain's Humiliated Superheroines stores on C4S:

I don't know what videos are necessarily missing on that store, because although I followed Sooperhero.com, I didn't buy things from the Internet yet.
But it does look like he's periodically putting new vids up there: he just added one on 2/5 ("Crimson Flash: Balls in Her Mouth") so maybe there's hope that eventually almost everything will come out?

There's also an accompanying Images store for him as well at http://images4sale.com/store/48875. Among many other photo sets, it has the incredibly hot Phantom Girl set which I liked back in the day. I may even pick that up..hope you don't think less of me for it. :)

It also looks like the man himself can be contacted directly at [email protected] and that he is soliciting customs. I'm not trying to say anyone should contact him about that...just noting that if he is doing so, it's obvious that he is fully active and still producing, which is perseverant.
JD2000
Neophyte
Neophyte

Great thread and nice to re-visit old SHD memories. I was also a member from '99 thru the mid '00s.
Wren Andrews was a dream goddess, and like others here have said, seeing her in those situations was the most erotic thing I had ever seen at the time. UltraWoman and the second PowerWoman stories were what first got my attention. I can't over-emphasize how amazing she looked.
The story that stands out the most for me even all these years is AtomGirl, where she was costumed in white spandex and after defeating her, the villain bent her over and plowed her doggy style. Seeing that absolutely stunned me and it's still arousing all these years later.
Another story was (I believe) Solara where the bad guy tied her down to an examining table and then fingered her. Wow!
Was also a fan of Jill Danton (she looked like a cute cheerleader) and another model (her name unfortunately escapes me) who starred as Blue Raider (in which Villain posted a pic that looked as though she creamed her tights).

But I stopped subscribing in the mid '00s when the heroines seemed to always be wearing head to toe body suits. Tough to be turned on when you can't even see the woman's hair or eyes, let alone cleavage and thighs.
I'm not surprised to hear that Villain was a d-bag in real life. I remember the site had a forum for a short while, but he often got overly-condescending to his members' posts and then got ticked off to the point of shutting the forum down when one fairly obsessive guy kept on requesting some particular fetish that he wanted in a story.
Having said that, Villain did send me some of his original photoshoot pics once or twice when I answered a "trivia" question correctly once or twice, which was cool.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Villain was the biggest of d-bags to work for, and I should know since I worked for him in one capacity or another for almost six years. He was stingy with the money, super-sensitive to any sort of criticism, and he had a tendency to go off-script so often that I used to keep a journal of what happened behind the scenes so that in case I ever needed a point of reference I'd have a log of everything available in order to cover my ass. For me, the "incident" from 2005 was the final straw. At that point I was building an exit strategy.

To be fair, he gave me carte' blanche in the early days of the site, and only tightened down the reins in 2006 when money started becoming less of a gushing oil derrick and more of a water fountain as other industry producers started getting into the mix. So many bizarre kink-filled stories though from those early crazy days of the industry. So many vices in Maryland and New Jersey, lol.
robopope25
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

The site is 100% down. Not up at all. I'll say this about the digital age when something is gone it's gone. If this had been a magazine we'd still have old issues. But all of those stories and photo shoots just gone, never to be seen again. So I guess he's done?
darkknightmelbourne
Neophyte
Neophyte

Did Sooperhero.com have a couple of owners? I remember years ago, one of the owners contacting me about posting pics from the site into one of my Yahoo groups. I was a paying member at the time as well. One thing I always did when I posted pics was that I promoted the people from where it came from. I always thought the group was a bit precious and in the end a bit tiresome, but I guess you can only do it for so long.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

There were two owners.

The site's not lost. The whole site was archived in it's entirety. It's just not available online. It's been archived in case someone wants to shell out $$$$ to purchase the site and all the rights attached to it. I have a previous archival that covers everything from 1999 to the end of 2006.... basically just before the site started to suck. There were also photoshoots and videos that never got released. There are unused photoshoots and videoshoots featuring Jill Danton and Wren Andrews and a couple of other models that never got used and never saw the light of day because of model release issues and because there was an issue with the model's final days for work for the paysite. There was quite a bit of archival material that also never got released for one reason or another. You don't dwell on it, you just push on and hire new people. I have a superhero photoset featuring Meri (Mary Kensington) where she went full nude for one of the stories and THAT never got shown or was given the green light.

The entire site is (remarkably) not all that large, probably because the majority of the work was photos not video, and most of the videos from those days were 360x240 or 640x480. Eventually if someone ponies up the money it'll all be available again I'm sure. There'll always be someone from South America or Asia that will want it as supplemental media material. It's just a matter of time.
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

@Shakeshift By request: Do you happen to have a picture of Patriot Girl (from her third and final story) that you can post here or PM to me? I wanted to use it for a peril comic, but I just saw this thread and spent more than a few moments just now trying to find something more thana tiny screenshot from the way back machine.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

You should email Villain and ask him for one. He's the only one authorized to share out media from that company.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

frankzito wrote:
6 years ago
@Shakeshift By request: Do you happen to have a picture of Patriot Girl (from her third and final story) that you can post here or PM to me? I wanted to use it for a peril comic, but I just saw this thread and spent more than a few moments just now trying to find something more thana tiny screenshot from the way back machine.
If you know approximately when it was posted, you can trawl through archived versions of the free area to see if you can find whatever preview pics were on the site at that time.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ww ... rhero.com/
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thanks @HeroineAddict I did exactly that. Couldn't find an image larger than a thumbnail of her.