Red Xs

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
JonothanS
Neophyte
Neophyte

Why can't I view pictures on the forum? Every one turns up as a red x in a clear box and I don't get why. I'm finally a registered member, so I should be able to see them. Am I doing something wrong?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which pictures are you referring to? Some of the pics from the forum are archived after a few years... Can you give me an example?

MH
JonothanS
Neophyte
Neophyte

Actually, I can see one picture, that being the new gallery update made this month. Anything before that, though, none of the pictures come up. So, unless pictures are archived after a week or so, I'm lost. C'est la vie'. On the upside, I enjoy the site and have been for the past several years. Keep up the good work.
superpics4les
Elder Member
Elder Member

I find myself in the same boat MH! When I go to any of the stories with pics on them, the majority of them won't appear and are replaced with a red x on a white box, in an empty frame with the filename of the pic. I never mentioned it before 'cause I thought it might just be my computer acting stupid again, but after seeing Jon's post, I thought I'd add my 2 cents! 8)

PS - FYI, try the pics I posted for the Shining Star story.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer." - Paul Atredes
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh yeah...I see that..I guess not all the files were uploaded from the other server... I DO, however, have them...so I will upload tonight.
JonothanS
Neophyte
Neophyte

Bingo bango bongo! Fixed. Thankee kindly, MH!