Overground Comics: Plus Ultra, Absent Captain, America etc

shevek
Producer
Producer

https://www.overgroundcomics.com

Overground Comics is a fairly new comic company based in Houston that seems to be doing great superhero adventure stories free of political preachiness. There are sexy heroines and lots of good superpowered battles, and characters are fleshed out and given purpose. All of these comics, I think, are only available digitally though. It would be nice if they could get some tpbs together but maybe that's in the future.

So anyway here are three examples of what I like from this company. The first is a book called America (which unfortunately came out one year before the terrible America Chavez sjw nonsense at Marvel). It's about a heroine who loses her powers but is addicted to the superheroine life and seems to thrive on pain. Reminds me a little of Furious (which I reviewed in another thread) as she's frustrated and masochistic. Here are some samples - I think America is a four-issue series, but I the first issue was the only Overground thing I could find on the Site That Shall Not Be Named. Her costume is an original take on the Stars and Stripes motif and she is hella sexy.
america1.jpg
america1.jpg (406.55 KiB) Viewed 864 times
america2.jpg
america2.jpg (646.36 KiB) Viewed 864 times
america3.jpg
america3.jpg (435.17 KiB) Viewed 864 times
america4.jpg
america4.jpg (420.25 KiB) Viewed 864 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

The next comic from Overground that looks great is Plus Ultra. It's about an actress who isn't getting enough attention for her roles, so she undergoes superpower enhancement and creates a supersexy persona for herself to increase her fame and marketability, in the process becoming a superheroine. This is some really hot stuff, and yes it reminds me a bit of the Luna Brothers' Ultra with its emphasis on how the
celebrity media would deal with superheroines. Here are some samples from Issue 1. You can see for yourself that she gets her costume destroyed..which is basic SHIP stuff.
plus-ultra-cover.jpg
plus-ultra-cover.jpg (206.89 KiB) Viewed 862 times
plus-ultra-page-1-2.jpg
plus-ultra-page-1-2.jpg (296.1 KiB) Viewed 862 times
plus-ultra-page-11-12.jpg
plus-ultra-page-11-12.jpg (390.24 KiB) Viewed 862 times
plus-ultra-page-18-19.jpg
plus-ultra-page-18-19.jpg (382.24 KiB) Viewed 862 times
plus-ultra-page-20-21.jpg
plus-ultra-page-20-21.jpg (390.64 KiB) Viewed 862 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Third comic from Overground that caught my eye is Absent Captain. It reminds me a little of Powers, as there is a cast of powerful and good-lookin' male and female heroes, and the story is based around the murder of a prominent hero (Captain Zero) not unlike Who Killed Retro Girl.

There are also some more titles: Tinker, Herocorp Knights and Graduate, all of which contain some sexy superheroines. For now I'll post some samples of Absent Captain.
absent-captain-001-cover.jpg
absent-captain-001-cover.jpg (151.65 KiB) Viewed 854 times
absent-captain-001-p14-p15.jpg
absent-captain-001-p14-p15.jpg (354.25 KiB) Viewed 854 times
absent-captain-001-p20-p21.jpg
absent-captain-001-p20-p21.jpg (395.59 KiB) Viewed 854 times