Super Troopers 2

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Has anyone seen it? I know Lynda Carter reprised her role as Governor Jessman, but it's probably just another brief cameo.

I'm not planning to see it in theaters, because none of their later movies have been as good as Super Troopers was, but I do plan to check it out on Netflix.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I've seen it. It was good. One part in particular was really good. During the scene where Mac and Thorny are dressed as Mounties and speaking "French" to that middle-aged couple, Mac does a joke that I heard him do in Broken Lizard's live stand-up show in 2010.

It was filmed not far from where I work.

There's also a scene at a sawmill.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Good to hear, thanks for the review.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sounds a bit like Reno 911
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

IMSancho wrote:
6 years ago
I've seen it. It was good. One part in particular was really good. During the scene where Mac and Thorny are dressed as Mounties and speaking "French" to that middle-aged couple, Mac does a joke that I heard him do in Broken Lizard's live stand-up show in 2010.
Heh! The Marx Brothers used to test out their material in front of live audiences before they put their movies together. Nice to hear that the tradition is still alive.

I liked Super Troopers 2. It seems like they really tried to bring their A game for this one, and they mostly succeeded. It's noticeably better than their non-ST stuff. Also, their chemistry playing off each other is still great. Definitely worth a watch.

Lynda Carter is only in it for two cameos, which is all I expected.