George Perez retires from comics

shevek
Producer
Producer

But not quite completely. In this extensive panel interview from the recent Las Vegas Amazing Con, he leaves a loophole which anyone on this forum will be able to appreciate.

The surprise starts at 38:11, and continues at 39:28.

shevek
Producer
Producer

It looks like George is making good on his promise in that video to delve more into SHIP production now that he is essentially retired from comics.
He posted on another forum (first time ever, I think) offering major kudos to Lucia Films and also supporting Rye, TBFE and HM among others.
Amazing to hear from the legend!
LuciaFilms
Producer
Producer

We are still reeling from that post. Time to up our game!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://luciafilms.rocks/index.html
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Always liked George. Apart from his work, he has gone out of his way to help certain SHiP professionals through difficult times. A thoroughly decent guy.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

A true legend in the SHIP genre/community. I'm glad he's going to continue in the genre while he enjoys his retirement from comics.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

In addition to his philanthropy for helping SHiP producers in financial need, Mr. Perez also announced last year that he is spearheading a huge superheroine/peril movie project utilizing many of the top names in superheroine fetish which he is premiering in 2020 at Fetishcon 20 in Tampa. He announced it onstage in August 2018 to huge amounts of fanfare at his movie premiere.

I believe he is casting for several dozen fetish models of beauty and acting ability to be superheroines. Several of my friends have already been given roles, and I think filming starts this coming October.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

That's terrible news.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

He was very gracious enough to reply to a question I asked of him via another site , a real gent.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
He was very gracious enough to reply to a question I asked of him via another site , a real gent.
He used to hang out at our booth at comicon. Real nice guy.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Incredibly sad. George is our greatest single inspiration, both in comics and in live-action.
Cut my teeth on New Teen Titans' Judas Contract storyline.
I have a bunch of issues of his personal magazine, Pacesetter/Perez Newsletter, focusing on his indie work.
His Sirens series is monumentally dense with superheroine goodness.
My friend Marvin (The Edge comics) and I are psyching ourselves up for the idea of pilgrimaging
to his final mass signing event, if it comes to pass. No doubt it's going to be in or near Orlando.

Nick Barucci from Dynamite Comics posted this Perez artwork to show how feels about the news.
perez spectre.jpg
perez spectre.jpg (110.54 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
Here's a great interview with George Perez about Sirens (which he called "She-Devils" in the interview, but then changed the name).
He goes into his love for female cosplayers and how he loves to take their photos. You can tell that Perez is very polite and demure about it, but it's obvious how huge a fan he is of women in superheroine costumes, even if you didn't know about his dozens of SHIP videos from Sisterhood of Superheroines https://shop.dtwrestling.com/product-category/shadv/
and Superheroine Agenda https://shop.dtwrestling.com/product-ca ... eat/super/

More than any other single comic book artist, Perez is one of us.

dajinx1
Producer
Producer

This is horrible news, not only was his artwork iconic (loved his Wonder Woman art), he was also a pillar in our superheroine genre/community. I met him once at a comic con in NY and he was really nice. Also, when I first started Ultraheroix, he commented on another site that he liked my Swiftgirl character.

I loved his "Sisterhood of Superheroines" with Double Trouble productions. He even had a hand in creating my custom with them years ago, "Ultiwoman". He gave me the first taste of creating my own superheroine content and brought my idea to life. Here's a few pics from that production:
Attachments
9007D6D5-3796-4941-BD4F-8AEB4501F3F6.jpeg
9007D6D5-3796-4941-BD4F-8AEB4501F3F6.jpeg (433.27 KiB) Viewed 2023 times
233EDF02-424C-496D-821F-642FE7E4CA4B.jpeg
233EDF02-424C-496D-821F-642FE7E4CA4B.jpeg (451.68 KiB) Viewed 2023 times
Victor
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Shakeshift wrote:
4 years ago
In addition to his philanthropy for helping SHiP producers in financial need, Mr. Perez also announced last year that he is spearheading a huge superheroine/peril movie project utilizing many of the top names in superheroine fetish which he is premiering in 2020 at Fetishcon 20 in Tampa. He announced it onstage in August 2018 to huge amounts of fanfare at his movie premiere.

I believe he is casting for several dozen fetish models of beauty and acting ability to be superheroines. Several of my friends have already been given roles, and I think filming starts this coming October.
The first time I became aware of George Perez was Crisis on Infinite Earths, which was an amazing comic book series. It's still one of my favorites. His art blew me away. Crisis was so much better than Marvel's Secret Wars, which I enjoyed at the time, too, but not nearly as much. Secret Wars was done for marketing toys while Crisis was pure art. DC didn't even hype it that much at first. As I remember they were hyping a long forgotten book called The DC Challenge far more at the time. Did Perez ever put out that fetish comic book he was talking about in the first clip? And what is the name of the clip described in the post above?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Victor wrote:
2 years ago
Did Perez ever put out that fetish comic book he was talking about in the first clip? And what is the name of the clip described in the post above?
Perez did not put out that fetish comic yet.

The clip is "Ultiwoman Undone". https://www.dtwrestling.com/cave/dt520.html
shevek
Producer
Producer

Update on George Perez:

He's been taking a leisurely tour, signing over his legacy to his wife, and visiting his 90-year-old parents (who are apparently both
independent and in good health).

Also here's a photo from Holiday Matsuri, an anime con in Orlando where he posed for a cosplay group photo with almost
as many characters as some of his classic comic book crowd shots. (Perez is in the middle)

Not sure what he's doing, if anything, to interact with the SHIP community (it's obviously not the kind of thing he'd post
on social media), but maybe someone else around here has some information on that.

This gentleman has lived the ultimate life!
george perez 2.jpg
george perez 2.jpg (812.89 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
StationtoStation
Neophyte
Neophyte

What a legend. Does anyone remember the gallery of original art for the old SHiB (or was it SHiP?) website? Whatever happened to those images?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Not sure how long this announcement has been up on their page, but DT Wrestling made an official post about George Perez on their website. He's had a long and storied career with them via Sisterhood of Superheroines, doing what he loved.

https://shop.dtwrestling.com/g_perez/

So below, there's Saharra Huxley, Jewell Marceau, Stacey Burke, Kymberly Jane, and Angela Sommers.
If I'm not mistaken, this would be a cast photo from "Unchained Malady".

perez with the superheroines.jpg
perez with the superheroines.jpg (115.7 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

RIP.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I hope he wasnt in too much pain at the end, and he leaves a legacy of happiness
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

RIP ... a legend, already before this sad day !
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I was able to meet George at Dragoncon one year in Costume as Raven, he was very complimentary of my cosplay and had a lot of great things to say, of course he loved Teen Titans so much and we talked about kink in comics...he really knew his stuff and thank God we had him in the genre, he gave a ton to the community, I really wanted to go to Fetishcon after talking with him but never made the journey, then COVID hit!! Hope it is ok to share 2 pieces he did here that are out on the web, he really knew how to draw the girls!!!!
gp3_by_rob66-dck52iq.jpg
gp3_by_rob66-dck52iq.jpg (197.29 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
terra and mary marvel roped_by perez..jpg
terra and mary marvel roped_by perez..jpg (165.76 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

libro.png
libro.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1425 times
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

Sad day in comics and in our SHIP community. An icon is gone but not forgotten. For me, he drew the definitive Wonder Woman.
Attachments
CB417CD4-0A0B-41C6-84EC-40AD7B7A5588.jpeg
CB417CD4-0A0B-41C6-84EC-40AD7B7A5588.jpeg (249.14 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

George Perez had "it".His attention to detail and talent as an artist are iconic. And he's the artist who drew me into collecting Wonder Woman comics. May his family be doing well, and may he know how deeply appreciated he is.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Incredible talent and a mensch from what I've heard. Gone too soon.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heard about this in the middle of a busy and productive Free Comic Book Day. Store employees were stunned at the news.

Changed our Twitter to acknowledge his sad passing. Grew up worshipping his work on Teen Titans and Wonder Woman, then decades later, discovering the whole new world of Sisterhood of Superheroines/DT Wrestling and his FetishCon hosting career.

Coincidentally, I just sent my interior artist a copy of Sirens #1 as an encouragement for his work - the goal: always strive to be as amazing as George Perez. Shedding many tears!