Supporting characters who deserved their own TV show

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Romana from Dr Who (Radio does not count)

Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Cole from Charmed

Garak from Star Trek Ds9

Richie Ryan from Highlander

Brieanne from GOT
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Root and Sameen - Person of Interest
Batgirl - Batman ('68)
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Bert

Niles Crane from Frasier.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
Batgirl - Batman ('68)
Only if they get better villains for Batgirl than the actual pilot you can see on You Tube
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Would love to see the Leprechaun from American Gods have a spin off, bringing good and bad luck to people through the ages. Great actor played him and the pathos in the episode about the Irish girl who believes in him is brilliantly done.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
Batgirl - Batman ('68)
Only if they get better villains for Batgirl than the actual pilot you can see on You Tube
Oh, it must absolutely have the same campiness and cliffhangers/peril as the Batman series.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think Brent Spiner needs to be in something. He made a great villain in Alphas.
sneakly
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
Batgirl - Batman ('68)
Oh, it must absolutely have the same campiness and cliffhangers/peril as the Batman series.
They need to have the better Bat-traps of the early seasons, none of this throw her in the steam room off camera. Giant Clams and Snow Cones! Julie Newmar episodes!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
4 years ago
brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
Batgirl - Batman ('68)
They need to have the better Bat-traps of the early seasons, none of this throw her in the steam room off camera. Giant Clams and Snow Cones! Julie Newmar episodes!
agree!!! more spread eagle ties and gags....would have been awesome to see Shame rope and hogtie her and take her ass down fast!!! then they threaten to brand her ass cheek with his Shame Brand....maybe some crop whipping too
sneakly
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
sneakly wrote:
4 years ago
brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
Batgirl - Batman ('68)
agree!!! more spread eagle ties and gags....would have been awesome to see Shame rope and hogtie her and take her ass down fast!!! then they threaten to brand her ass cheek with his Shame Brand....maybe some crop whipping too
Mr Freeze was particularly creepy kidnapping swim suit models and trying to turn them into sex slaves (I mean, that was the point of one of his story arcs, wasn’t it?). I think it would make a great episode if he buried batgirl in a giant snow cone with one of his frosty freeze dildos cooling her kitty from the inside out. Wild! Experimenting with his frosty freeze conversions on Batgirl before using them Miss Iceland.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Domino from Deadpool 2. :)
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
Romana from Dr Who (Radio does not count)

Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Cole from Charmed

Garak from Star Trek Ds9

Richie Ryan from Highlander

Brieanne from GOT
1 more
Michael Archangel from Airwolf
sneakly
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Batgirl- She needs some really over the top villains with some awesome Bat-perils, to bad dildo machines can’t be used on TV
I have a few Dr Who characters, mostly because the show specialized in the monster of the week format and he had a few cuties tagging along.
Romana- she was always Handled perils with aplomb. Like Batgirl she knew how to back talk from a death trap.
The Doctor’s Daughter- She was cute as hell and naive as heck...I could see her walking into all sort trouble.

Amy Ponds- Probably the best legs of any Dr Who companion and who wouldn’t tune in to watch “The Perils of Amy Ponds”

Wrangler Jane from F-Troop- Damn, this girl was cute and spunky. I could see her as a marshal, investigating rustler, bank robbers, railroad barons and illegal loggers....
Last edited by sneakly 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

'Illegal loggers'? Is that because you got wood? :giggle:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Romana_I.png
Romana_I.png (157.64 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
I preferred Mary Tamms Romana, she had a sultry sexiness to her.
She looked like she could be dirty :giggle:

sneakly
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I could always see Lalla resorting to the sexy school girl trope to infiltrate boarding school that is fronting a Dalek interrogation facility....
sneakly
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
4 years ago
I think Brent Spiner needs to be in something. He made a great villain in Alphas.
He was supposed to be cast as the Hooded Claw in the live action Penelope Pitstop movie that Reese Witherspoon was thinking about producing. It was shelved after one of the Scooby Doo movies tanked as one of the worst movies ever made.
sneakly
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
'Illegal loggers'? Is that because you got wood? :giggle:
I always thought she should get her own adventures in the “Wild, Wild West” universe. I think it would be interesting to see what perils Dr Miguelito Lovelace and his dance hall henchwomen might devise for Wrangler Jane.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
4 years ago
Batgirl- She needs some really over the top villains with some awesome Bat-perils, to bad dildo machines can’t be used on TV
I have a few Dr Who characters, mostly because the show specialized in the monster of the week format and he had a few cuties tagging along.
Romana- she was always Handled perils with aplomb. Like Batgirl she knew how to back talk from a death trap.
The Doctor’s Daughter- She was cute as hell and naive as heck...I could see her walking into all sort trouble.

Amy Ponds- Probably the best legs of any Dr Who companion and who wouldn’t tune in to watch “The Perils of Amy Ponds”

Wrangler Jane from F-Troop- Damn, this girl was cute and spunky. I could see her as a marshal, investigating rustler, bank robbers, railroad barons and illegal loggers....
Without a doubt, Lalla Ward also had the best wardrobe of any companion. Romana 1 only wore the same outfit twice and Romana 2 never did

I would agree about Pond's legs too bad they gave Gillian such a terrible role
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

The rest of Pond/Gillian ain't bad either

sneakly
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Here is another character that should have gotten her own show
Joy from the Bugaloos.
I hated most of the Sid and Marty Kroft Shows, partly because I didn’t experiment with drugs until much later in life, partly because they usually were bereft of cute female characters. Looking back they had some interesting villains that were potentially interesting, especially because they could not just pull out a gun and shoot the heros. They had to have some torturous way of getting what they wanted. H.R. Puffenstuff had Witchiepoo, Dynawoman and Electra girl had a collection of forgettable villains.

The Bugaloos had Benita Bizarre played by Martha Raye. She was an older female villain who lived in a jukebox with her two anthropomorphic flunkies. I love female villains taking on cute young heroines, and it doesn’t get much better than this. The difference between a talentless performer in silly Costume and real performer is apparent if you compare EW & DG villains with Benita.

The music was horrific and the male Bugaloos were annoying as hell, but Joy was adorable. And Benita was Jealous of Joy and didn’t mind expressing it....

Joy kind of was some of the traits of a superheroine. She could fly and she little pink outfit that showed a ton leg for a kids show. She also was frequently caught and menaced by interesting devices. It would have been the best program ever had the male cast been splattered on a windshield in the opening credits and the rest of the show had been Benita pursuing Joy...
Joy about to meet a “groovy” demise