Arachna 2 Launched on Kickstarter - New Video Posted

General discussions about superheroines!
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

My venomous spidersenses are tingling hard!
shevek
Producer
Producer

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Arachna masks up!

Gorgeous! So she has an internal dialogue whenever she interacts with the costume, kind of like Eddie Brock does with the Venom symbiote? It's a great idea. Just make sure to have them speak in two different voices...
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Variant Cover for Arachna inspired by the great Dean Yeagle. Arachna Indiegogo Campaign coming soon! Sign up for our email list at https://arachnacomic.com

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

We're almost ready to go with a new artist.
Last edited by ArachnaComic 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

Arachna should be carried into my dark and devious spiderlair!!!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I like both the model and the costume but for the chest piece. I think the lines just look a bit of a mess. They look better in the comic when they are more rigid/regular in the layout. I'd rather see a regular lattice type pattern to them.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I like both the model and the costume but for the chest piece. I think the lines just look a bit of a mess. They look better in the comic when they are more rigid/regular in the layout. I'd rather see a regular lattice type pattern to them.
Thanks, tallyho. This was a good lesson in how something that looks good in 2d has some trouble translating to real life.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Arachna homage to Goldfinger. Thank you Sean Connery for all the great memories from James Bond to Indiana Jones and yes... even Zardoz.

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

New Interior Artist for Arachna

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Really nice work

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Variant cover by artist Renato Cunha. Pretty... pretty... pretty... good!

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Unfortunately, I had to let go of the interior artist due to missed deadlines. I'm looking at a few different artists and here is artwork from one of the artists I'm looking at. This is an unmasking scene from the graphic novel.

Damselbinder

Hmm. Not sure about this new one. The linework looks a bit... crumpled.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Speak for yourself. I think it looks great. Better than the previous guy actually.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes I think it looks good.
Reminds me of Monsieur Paul

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I love it....like he is peeling a forbidden fruit...ready to taste her sweet lips...
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
3 years ago
I love it....like he is peeling a forbidden fruit...ready to taste her sweet lips...
FORBIDDEN FRUIT (Vegetables Permitted)

Joking aside, that is a really nice unmasking scene.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Much appreciated. Besides the unmasking scene here, there is a Jack Kirby like dynamic to this artist's work I like especially when he renders action scenes. He also has a 50s glamour type style in rendering his women which I really as well. Also, I'd like to add that you're not seeing the full page plus once it's rendered in color. He is one of a few artists we're looking at right now and I hope to make a decision this week. Never thought that finding an artist would be this tough but it's a good learning experience. It's been a fun ride so far in trying to get my vision for the book to become reality.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Hope we can see more videos of Samantha.
voyeurn3
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Panel 2:
Half of her face is still masked, her identity concealed, the strong heroine aura,
but the other already exposed looking peaceful and helpless now that she's been subdued and defeated.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Here's another artist's version of the unmasking scene.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's good but I think the lack of line definition - cheek bones, eyebrows, chin etc all present in the first triptych makes it the better work

Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
It's good but I think the lack of line definition - cheek bones, eyebrows, chin etc all present in the first triptych makes it the better work
Agreed.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Yeah first one is better. In this new one she looks almost like shes amused or smiling a bit. Like the total out cold look on the first.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Have these new artists rendered the chloro scene again? Cuz I wasnt a huge fan of how that turned out initially
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Mamooche24 wrote:
3 years ago
Have these new artists rendered the chloro scene again? Cuz I wasnt a huge fan of how that turned out initially
Yup, they've been done. I'm down to two finalists from four and will show those files once I finalize the artist.
voyeurn3
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
Here's another artist's version of the unmasking scene.

No image
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It was visible but isn't now, you may have to re upload

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

The hardest part of this venture has been trying to find the right art team for the book. Knock on wood, we have a great team now. Some panels from the graphic novel where Arachna gets hit by a tranq dart. I will post more in the Arachna Secret Files on the Arachna Website.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well, I think you got some great artists! Looks really good :-)
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Well, I think you got some great artists! Looks really good :-)
Thanks, Maskripper. Very happy with where we are so far.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

New page with lettering. Sign up for our email list and get access to the Arachna Secret Files where you can see lettered and unlettered version of the pages!

Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Love that page! Just wish her mouth was more open on the first unconscious reveal shot. Seems unnaturally closed there.
Incubus
Henchman
Henchman

Mamooche24 wrote:
3 years ago
Love that page! Just wish her mouth was more open on the first unconscious reveal shot. Seems unnaturally closed there.
Agree, and btw where have you been? Was really interested in buying movies from you since we have similar likes which I would guess would be in your movies. Did you decide to abandon the making Heroine movies idea.
shevek
Producer
Producer

ArachnaComic wrote:
3 years ago
New page with lettering. Sign up for our email list and get access to the Arachna Secret Files where you can see lettered and unlettered version of the pages!
Very impressive! Glad to see it on track.This is going to be a fantastic action-packed and sexy comic. Looking forward to backing the campaign and hopefully modding on livestreams when you set those up!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Very impressive! Glad to see it on track.This is going to be a fantastic action-packed and sexy comic. Looking forward to backing the campaign and hopefully modding on livestreams when you set those up!
Thanks, Shevek. Won't be long now. Feels like it's been an eternity. The delays in finding the right artist actually helped in more time to promote the project. Also, I think we have a better art team now than previously.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

An unmasked and unconscious Arachna is transported to Doc's laboratory which is a homage to Ken Adams James Bond production designs, Bride of Frankenstein, and Dr. Moreau. We are starting to gear up for our crowdfunding campaign which will have trading cards, posters, original art, and a free live-action adventure film starring Samantha if we hit a certain level.

Damselbinder

Wow. Awesome looking artwork. I do love me a limp supergal, I surely do.

Wait...

...trading cards?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Brilliant panel showing the whole room, reminds me of the glory days of 2000AD.
Great stuff!

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Wow. Awesome looking artwork. I do love me a limp supergal, I surely do.

Wait...

...trading cards?
Yes, a love letter to those crazy 90s when everyone and their uncle were creating trading cards.

Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

Sexy Arachna gets my spidersenses tingling hard!
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Brilliant panel showing the whole room, reminds me of the glory days of 2000AD.
Great stuff!
Thanks, tallyho. One of the best part of comics is that you're only limited by your imagination.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Arachna vs. Kumo. These two are playing for keeps. More interior artwork from the upcoming graphic novel

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Arachna vs. Gorean. But what the heck is Gorean? Upcoming interior page from the Arachna Graphic Novel.

ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Possible Variant Cover for Arachna with Samantha. Also, who wants to see a short live action film with Sam? It will be free to all backers if we hit a goal in the upcoming crowdfunding campaign.

IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yes, of course I'd like to see a live-action short with Samantha. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Vote for your favorite Arachna Variant Cover. We have so many great options that it's hard to narrow them down, so we're asking you to pick up to three of your favorites and let us know why in the comment section at the end of the poll.

https://surveymonkey.com/r/9Z7VZW8