The Pharoah Is No More...

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

pharaoh2.jpg
pharaoh2.jpg (35.94 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Peter Mark Richman passed away at the age of 93....Rest easy.

I enjoyed the Pharaoh episodes the the most out of EW & DG I thought PMR's acting was top notch and the writing for the episode was really on point. Multiple perils for EW & DG and a good story line that didn't have you fast forwarding to the "good stuff".

And he was living in Woodland Hills this whole time....

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/p ... actor-dead
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I didn't see this and posted my own thread on the superheroines TV and movies board.

Sorry about that.

To me, he was probably my favorite villain Electra Woman and Dyna Girl faced.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Richman was the best EWDG villain. While the other villains overacted to be wacky or cartoonish, Richman showed a tinge of sadism. He suppressed his glee when EW&DG was caught or in big trouble. Not enough to alarm the Saturday morning censors, of course, but enough so you wanted to see him brought down.

This makes me think he had to be a pretty good actor. Does anyone remember him in anything else? I don't.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

tamonicus wrote:
3 years ago
Richman was the best EWDG villain. While the other villains overacted to be wacky or cartoonish, Richman showed a tinge of sadism. He suppressed his glee when EW&DG was caught or in big trouble. Not enough to alarm the Saturday morning censors, of course, but enough so you wanted to see him brought down.

This makes me think he had to be a pretty good actor. Does anyone remember him in anything else? I don't.
He was Chrissy Snows father in Three's Company!

He was a priest or something..
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

He got typecast a bit as mob boss type villains in cop shows like Starsky and Hutch, Fall Guy, Charlie's Angels, Kojak etc.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

He was also McCulloch in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. He partook in the tradition of bobbing for a dead rat.

"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

tamonicus wrote:
3 years ago

I remember him playing a Swedish scientist in an episode of Knight Rider.
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

here he is in a star trek the next generation episode called "the neutral zone" where the enterprise finds an Earth satellite with cryonically frozen humans aboard.
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest Simon & Garfunkel
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Thanks for the video clips. I'd never seen them before.

In the Star Trek clip, he shows that same raw edge he had as the Pharaoh. That's why he was so good in that role.
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

tamonicus wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks for the video clips. I'd never seen them before.

In the Star Trek clip, he shows that same raw edge he had as the Pharaoh. That's why he was so good in that role.
one of the best character actors of all time .
Such are promises
All lies and jest
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^I think that's a bit of a step too far, he never got to prove himself beyond villainous roles and most of those in cop shows etc are pretty two dimensional. He had an intense stare and thin lips that gave him a cruel visage that leant itself to villainy and he was a a good actor with what he had to work with.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
^^^I think that's a bit of a step too far, he never got to prove himself beyond villainous roles and most of those in cop shows etc are pretty two dimensional. He had an intense stare and thin lips that gave him a cruel visage that leant itself to villainy and he was a a good actor with what he had to work with.
i guess you're correct tally, as you can see by his work record. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0725052/
Such are promises
All lies and jest
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I hadn't read that (truly) before my comment, it was just how I had seen him
I have a British TV actor friend who looks a hard bastard (and is) and he's forever cop or murderer. (or was, he's had some breakout roles that are more diverse last ten years) and Richman seems similar - he had a particular look and the look dictated the roles more so than his ability. I must've seen him on 30 or 40 things and didn't know his name until this week.

dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

Such are promises
All lies and jest
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

He was also on an episode of Wonder Woman called "Gault's Brain"