Supergirl launches her own production company!

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
GWalb
Henchman
Henchman

Why don't you take your political squabbles somewhere appropriate?
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
So Femina you approve that the Duke LaCrosse team and their coach suffered great hut and finanical loss ? Or that the two Sacred Heart football players never got their scholarships back.

Or that many Dem Senators said it would be better than Kavanaugh widthdraw because women are to believed even though Ford and Swtnick were lying
'Fraid I'm too unfamiliar with the situation to make a direct comment. If they were guilty then they deserved what they got and deserved to lose the scholarship. Punishment is punishment. You do something horrible, you reap the consequences. Of course if they were innocent then they didn't deserve it, but alas, I have no knowledge of the incident you're referencing so I must refrain from having any specific opinion here.

It's unfortunately going to be like this a lot where sports are concerned. I'm just not into the sphere of Sportsball enough to keep track of that world. I can't be bothered with it. I mean, I'm still mildly of the opinion that Sports Scholarships themselves are a bit of an eyebrow raiser considering how many athletes I knew in college who clearly didn't WANT to be in school, but were there just to toss a ball around in the vague hope of one winning the lottery of getting inducted into the pros. The money they got through the program could have been better spent helping someone who wanted to be there....
https://www.ncaa.org/themes-topics/grad ... %20numbers.
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest Simon & Garfunkel
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Ford lied about the party, she lied about her fear of flying, she lied about her tie to the DNC.

Her friends did not even back up her lies

Kavanaugh was an innocent white male, who should have the presumption of innocence over a woman making a baseless claim

https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh-ho ... BnEALw_wcB
dailywire is right wing propaganda rag, so I don't even need to read their lying article.

If that's where you got all the lies in your post above, well, that explains that.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

You guys are killing me and It's always the same group of you.

Take this to the chat room if you want to argue over political parties. Or better yet, Facebook!

Im going to delete off topic posts.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Femina wrote:
3 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
So Femina you approve that the Duke LaCrosse team and their coach suffered great hut and finanical loss ? Or that the two Sacred Heart football players never got their scholarships back.

Or that many Dem Senators said it would be better than Kavanaugh widthdraw because women are to believed even though Ford and Swtnick were lying
'Fraid I'm too unfamiliar with the situation to make a direct comment. If they were guilty then they deserved what they got and deserved to lose the scholarship. Punishment is punishment. You do something horrible, you reap the consequences. Of course if they were innocent then they didn't deserve it, but alas, I have no knowledge of the incident you're referencing so I must refrain from having any specific opinion here.

It's unfortunately going to be like this a lot where sports are concerned. I'm just not into the sphere of Sportsball enough to keep track of that world. I can't be bothered with it. I mean, I'm still mildly of the opinion that Sports Scholarships themselves are a bit of an eyebrow raiser considering how many athletes I knew in college who clearly didn't WANT to be in school, but were there just to toss a ball around in the vague hope of one winning the lottery of getting inducted into the pros. The money they got through the program could have been better spent helping someone who wanted to be there....
I know this is a bit off topic, by I was always under the impression that especially with some of these big time college football and basketball programs that most of these guys did not attend classes at all. There was the case of Dexter Manley big college football star, who got through 4 years at the Oklahoma State University in the late 70's to early 80's despite being functionally illiterate. How in the fuck does that happen?
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
I hope someone calls you a rapist someday Scribbler.
And I hope no one calls you a rapist any day Mr. X.

Just another example of how we are very different people.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Let's heed the Big Boss (Huh-Ha!!! One for all you King Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas fans there) and get back to Melissa and her production company
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I just deleted a post as off topic and will delete any others not mentioning Melissa /her company as valid discussion which is what this thread is about.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe Melissa can hire Gina Carano. Would be a good team up.

As for the production company, I don't think it means much. Remember the girl who was the female terminator? She started her own production company and produced Pain Killer Jane. That didn't go very far.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Let's heed the Big Boss (Huh-Ha!!! One for all you King Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas fans there) and get back to Melissa and her production company
I knew what Huh Ha was before I even read the rest of your sentence :D
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

You DA MAN!
First single I ever bought (I think I was 5 or 6)

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

And I want to be clear. This is not censorship. I don't want politics discussed here. Feel free to talk about most everything else. Superheroines would be nice.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Maybe Melissa can hire Gina Carano. Would be a good team up.

As for the production company, I don't think it means much. Remember the girl who was the female terminator? She started her own production company and produced Pain Killer Jane. That didn't go very far.
Funny you should mention that. In a recent interview with Gina (I'll try to dig it up) regarding the petition going around to bring her back to the show, Gina said she's already moved on and discussing a project that will also be produced by DailyWire.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic wrote:
3 years ago
And I want to be clear. This is not censorship. I don't want politics discussed here. Feel free to talk about most everything else. Superheroines would be nice.
Actually you should be able to moderate. I've been thinking about the whole facebook and twitter thing and they do have a right to pick and choose without being called a publisher. Just like if I ran a model railroad forum and someone was posting My Little Pony threads I can remove them for being off topic.

So yeah you should be able to moderate and not forced to support every viewpoint. I apologize for being part of the divergence.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kaley Cuoco has done pretty well with her a production company (Yes, Norman Productions) and inked deal with Warner.

From Wiki..

"2017–present: Harley Quinn and The Flight Attendant
In October 2017, Cuoco founded Yes, Norman Productions, a television production company which entered an exclusive multi-year first-look production deal with Warner Bros. Television. Also in October 2017, the company optioned the rights to The Flight Attendant, a book written by author Chris Bohjalian, which was developed into a series of the same name with Cuoco starring as Cassandra "Cassie" Bowden, and also serving as executive producer. In July 2019, The Flight Attendant had been picked up by WarnerMedia's streaming platform, HBO Max. The series premiered on November 26, 2020 to widespread critical acclaim, and was renewed for a second season on December 18, 2020.

In October 2018, it was announced that Cuoco would voice the title character of the DC Universe adult animation series Harley Quinn, and also serve as executive producer. The series premiered on November 29, 2019 to critical acclaim.[29] In September 2020, it was announced that the series was renewed for a third season and would move to HBO Max.

In August 2019, it was announced that Cuoco would executive produce the upcoming CBS comedy, Pretty, which is written and also executive produced by Lindsey Kraft and Santina Muha. In April 2020, Cuoco joined the cast of the upcoming action comedy film The Man from Toronto as the female lead alongside Kevin Hart and Woody Harrelson."

Melissa Benoist's Three Things Productions company and inked overall TV deal with Warner seems to be doing alright.

From Wiki...

"2021-present: Supergirl the Animated Series and Superheroineforum.com - Oh, the Drama!
In February 2021, Benoist founded Three Things Productions, a television production company which entered an overall TV deal with Warner Bros. Television.

In July 2021, it was announced that Benoist would voice the title character of the DC Universe adult animation series Supergirl the Animated Series on HBO Max, and also serve as executive producer. The series premiered on November 29, 2022 to critical acclaim. In September 2023, it was announced that the series was renewed for a third season.

In October 2022, the company optioned the rights to Superheroineforum.com - Oh, the Drama! , a book written by author MightyHypnotic, which was developed into a musical dramedy series of the same name with Benoist starring and also serving as executive producer. The series was written and executive produced by batgirl1969, Femina and tallyho. In July 2024, the TV series had been picked up by WarnerMedia's streaming platform, HBO Max. The series premiered on November 26, 2024 and, despite its very adult nature, achieved widespread critical acclaim. It was renewed for ten more seasons on May 18, 2025.

[ some stuff in here got garbled, some kinda copy & paste fail.]

In 2035, largely due to the unexpected success of Superheroineforum.com - Oh, the Drama! TV series, Forbes declared Benoist the richest woman in the world."
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!