Damselbinder is Added as A Story Moderator

Info regarding this website!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

It is the distinct pleasure of the managing moderators of this site to announce the promotion of another story moderator to the board. Damselbinder has been an active member here for about six years, with a an active portfolio of wonderful SHIP stories that center on sleepiness, light bondage and other simpler forms of heroine peril that hail back to a simpler time.

Damselbinder (db, to his friends) often offers helpful comments and opinions on stories as well as his cogent responses to a wide variety of other posts. His provides insight, a new voice and a measured approach to topics here, and will be a welcome addition to the crew. His duties will be concentrated on helping new writers build their craft and to offer support and guidance to them when asked for (or possibly not.. lol). Since he is not a big fan or reader of Dungeon material, I, Dr. D, will be overseeing those stories for content, support and guidance.

Disciple will continue his role as moderator and most valuable editor of the Author's Index, one of the most worthy posts here at the Forum. And SGWriter remains as Story Moderator Emeritus. (Basically because he loves that sash and we can't get it away from him.)

Please make Damselbinder feel welcome as the newest member of our Story Moderator team.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Damselbinder

And so my reign of terror begins. Swept away will be all split infinitives, crushed beneath my bootheel all sentences that end in prepositions, and turned to dust in my closed fist will be any use of an exclamation mark other than in dialogue.

For real though, many thanks for this. I'll try to be as even-handed as Dr D has suggested.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Isn't boot heel two words? 🤨
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Or is it an eel... That's in a booth? 🤨

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Isn't boot heel two words? 🤨
Hey! Whose the grammar Nazi here?

Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Or is it an eel... That's in a booth? 🤨
It is, in fact, a word of its own. Perhaps you parse things differently in Wales.

Thanks, MH!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Well DB is, Doc from his opening statements. The Momty Python lover in me is gonna run with the eel in a booth scenario though.

Welcome DB! To you and your conger.

Shall we check with Sally in Dictionary Corner? 🤨 🤣

Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Well DB is Doc from his opening statements. The Momty Python lover in me is gonna run with the eel in a booth scenario though.

Welcome DB! To you and your conger.

Shall we check with Sally on Dictionary Corner? 🤨 🤣
I think you'll find that the issues I've mentioned have been of prose style and punctuation (under which category a parsing error would fall). So uh

that makes it much better.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I only get Bootheel Missouri coming up... 😀

Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I only get Bootheel Missouri coming up... 😀
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bootheel
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Can we take this outside. You guys are scaring the straights!

Bert

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
And so my reign of terror begins. Swept away will be all split infinitives, crushed beneath my bootheel all sentences that end in prepositions, and turned to dust in my closed fist will be any use of an exclamation mark other than in dialogue.

For real though, many thanks for this. I'll try to be as even-handed as Dr D has suggested.
Congratulations!
Damselbinder

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

Congratulations!
Thanks, Bert!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

DrDominator9 wrote:
3 years ago
Can we take this outside. You guys are scaring the straights!
Let them quake in fear!
Nothing is more terrifying than a man with his own seafood.