Superheroine Central

General discussions about superheroines!
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Any one that has been around for a while has to remember Superheroine Central.

If you've been living under a rock, back in the day when the genre (superheroine erotica) was fairly new, and the material was far and few, DanO was, in my mind, one of the first to make a go at it, and really make it work. While other might have been around earlier, they only dabbled at it, and couldn't come any where near the quality for the stuff he put out. Even these days you'd be hard pressed to find anything that approaches the material he use to put out. Perhaps Mr. X's Danger Babe is the closest thing.

It was much later, when it seemed that DanO had suffered from serious burnout and the updates were lacking and far and few between (were talking like months between updates when it should be weeks), that perhaps he took the subscribers for granted, that it seemed to meet a horrible end.

That's the summary history. I'm bringing it up now, mostly because I took a look at his website recently and noticed, that he seems to be making regular updates again. The content is a little different, he's not making line drawings anymore, but seems to be on the Render band wagon for content. Really, you can't beat the efficiency of rendering for content over line drawings.

Anyway, I know since the presumed demise of the website, that he's had several attempts at restarts, that always seemed to fall short.

However, he seems to be pretty much on track for a serious effort since at the moment he's been putting up some pretty consistent updates. I'm surprised i haven't seen anyone mention this before hand.

He also seems to be reducing his membership subscription from $20 to $15, and has plans to FINALLY put his old content in the store for legit purchase. So it looks like he might have his act together finally.

Regardless, even if you don't plan on spending a dime there, it's still worth a visit to browse through the update samples to see what he's been doing recently.

Image http://www.superheroinecentral.com/freearea.htm
jlocke
Sargeant
Sargeant

I was a member from 2000-2005. From 2005 to 2010 I would occasionally become a member again. The updates definitely were erratic, but the material was in my opinion, the best in the genre with the possible exception of Rye. In 2015 I became a member, for some material that I had lost. The updates were non-existent. I cancelled my membership after 3 months of no updates. At least I thought I cancelled it. I followed their procedures, but kept receiving a bill. I emailed once a week. Began calling their support number often. They wouldn't cancel my membership, I got no response whatsoever. I had to go to my bank to have them cancel my credit card in order to finally get out of the membership fee. I believe I spent over a hundred dollars for about 60 photos. That I had already bought years ago.

I hope Dan-O has gotten his act together, but be prepared to deal with your bank if you need to cancel your membership.
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

I took a look and it does look pretty good.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

jlocke wrote:
6 years ago
I was a member from 2000-2005. From 2005 to 2010 I would occasionally become a member again. The updates definitely were erratic, but the material was in my opinion, the best in the genre with the possible exception of Rye. In 2015 I became a member, for some material that I had lost. The updates were non-existent. I cancelled my membership after 3 months of no updates. At least I thought I cancelled it. I followed their procedures, but kept receiving a bill. I emailed once a week. Began calling their support number often. They wouldn't cancel my membership, I got no response whatsoever. I had to go to my bank to have them cancel my credit card in order to finally get out of the membership fee. I believe I spent over a hundred dollars for about 60 photos. That I had already bought years ago.

I hope Dan-O has gotten his act together, but be prepared to deal with your bank if you need to cancel your membership.

Yeah, like i said, DanO seemed to have had a really long and dark period there.

He had moments of pretty good decency too. I would drop him a note, bringing the incident up with him, and see if maybe you could get a free month membership out of it, for past hassles sort of as a make up for the grief you've gotten. Really what have you got to lose to try? If he declines it cost you nothing, if he gives it to you, you get to see the new stuff, and feel less bitter about your last experience, and really if he has his act together, who knows you may linger so it's a win all around.

I'll admit i was a member for a while there too, so i feel your pain.
shevek
Producer
Producer

SHC was one of the three main sites that got me into SHIP around the turn of the millennium. The others were SHIB.com and Superheroine's Demise aka sooperhero.com - neither of which are online anymore - leaving DanO the longrunning champ. Except maybe for Anton Video, they might have been around slightly longer.

In 2016, when I was starting Heroineburgh, I contacted DanO about possibly acquiring some costumes because I thought it would be really cool, and a great homage, to repurpose some of the sexy outfits he had used over the years. He responded once, saying that he was about to move, and that it would be good for him to unload some of the costumes and accessories, since if he ever started making videos again he could easily acquire new ones. As you can imagine, I was heartened by that response. But then, I tried to get in touch with him four more times to no avail, and by Nov 2016 we were into our fourth episode, having acquired costumes from several other sources instead (including Logan), so I finally gave up.

It's great to see he is restarting the memberships again. I hope he gets some takers. Personally I have never subscribed to a website just to get 3D-rendered comics - collecting online comics is not really my thing, as I prefer to own the printed versions (for example, I just found a batch of the sexy 90s Spoof Comics parodies Batbabe, Spider Femme and Wolverbroad at $10 each). The one exception I've made are Manic's superheroine transformation comics at rte23.org, because they are just so exceptionally well drawn.

So I wouldn't get a subscription to SHC now like I did back in the day, unless he started doing live-action videos again. But if he does, and they're awesome like the old stuff (Ultrawoman, Galaxy Girl, etc.), I would definitely jump back on.

Thanks for the heads up, Kitten, I'll definitely keep on eye on SHC!
Foolish Mortal
Henchman
Henchman

I was a subscriber back in the day like many were. He was supposed to update the site weekly, that was what the monthly payment was for. If you are not providing consistent content why are you charging $20 bucks. Drop the stuff to DLC and let people have their pick of what you have made in the past. The last update was almost two months apart. Is this a joke?
Last edited by Foolish Mortal 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

SHC was once a great site with regular updates. Sadly, they couldn't keep up the pace of the weekly updates. And once producers started selling complete videos instead of two 1:40 clips twice a week, the site seemed to fade out. SHC was one of the absolute best original producers and deserve credit for moving the genre to where it is today. But unfortunately, there were some issues along the way. (There was also the excessive references to "cows" and "milking" that turned me off to many of the offerings, but that's more of a matter of personal taste.)
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I too was an early fan of "Supperheroine Central". It was one of my three core sites, the other two being, "The Wizard's Lair" and "Sooperhero.com". I regularly checked in to these sites and loved the content they produced. SHC had a multitude of superheroine offerings that made it such a great destination. I think it would be great to see SHC make a comeback.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

McGheeny, you bring up an interesting idea. If I'm not mistaken, I think Rye used to be a part of the SHC community. I would love to see the Ultrawoman and Ultragirl and Gold Avenger series re-done with a 2021 quality production. Maybe SHC and Rye can do a join project, a sort of nostalgic look back with a modern twist and some more advanced sequences.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Foolish Mortal
Henchman
Henchman

That would be really awesome if he was able to collaborate with Rye on something like that.
If he was willing to update his website on a more consistent basis (weekly) even if it was two weeks worth of older image content the third week maybe put some of the films together to be a complete movie or longer running snippet and then the fourth week new material that may be worth the price.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

You're right Sugarcoater. It would be amazing to see those earlier heroines updated and in new perilous adventures. I'm there.
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

It would be great if SHC could get back into their game. It was my first SHiP site, and showed me that I wasn't the only one to have those fantasies.
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

DonShip wrote:
2 years ago
It would be great if SHC could get back into their game. It was my first SHiP site, and showed me that I wasn't the only one to have those fantasies.
likewise!
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest Simon & Garfunkel