Be “The” Superheroine Casting Guru

General discussions about superheroines!
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

We have all watched superheroine movies and thought, ‘They should have had Her playing superheroine X’. I feel confident in saying movie production companies could have done better casting jobs. Of course, there were exceptions, for example: Helen Slater as Supergirl, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman (TV), Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (Movie), and Margot Robbie as “Bad Girl” Harley Quinn, to name a few. Since a major key to any good production is having the right casting, I would like to know which actress you would (or would have) cast as which superheroine and why.

For instance, I am a huge Supergirl fan (a surprise to some I know). I believe Salkind’s did an excellent job selecting “New and Fresh” Helen Slater for the 1984 “Supergirl” movie. Unfortunately, no matter how ground-breaking the first superheroine major motion picture was, due to any number of issues, it faltered. Result, the film failed to launch a franchise featuring Miss Slater. What a drag.

Well, I always thought, the perfect actress to take up the Supergirl mantle for the big screen was Amber Heard. Not the current Amber, but the “Drive Angry” Amber. Not only did she have a smokin’ hot female frame, great hair, but she could have brought SO much more to Kara Zor-El. The Piper character she portrayed was feisty, confident, a little rough around the edges, and tough. All of these characteristics would have made for a new and exciting Supergirl. Also, Piper was fearless to take on everyone from a horny restaurant manager, to a cheating boyfriend, and even several demonic worshipers. I would have let Amber inject the same basic persona from her Piper character into a bold new Kara, and then added the appropriate amount of devious peril. I firmly believe, if they had made a new Supergirl movie, casting Amber Heard (from Drive Angry) as the new Supergirl, we could have seen a whole new direction in DC superheroine films much earlier.
Okay Now You Know by Mcgheeny.png
Okay Now You Know by Mcgheeny.png (650.24 KiB) Viewed 8209 times

Who would you cast?
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Damselbinder

She already did a great job as Valkyrie, but I'd have cast Tessa Thompson as Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot is a beautiful woman and she certainly looks the part - indeed, she probably looks the part better than Tessa Thompson - but Tessa Thompson has excellent screen presence, charisma, and I think can put on the kind of effortless authority that Wonder Woman should have.

Plus, she's gorgeous.

McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Jessica Rothe!!! From Happy Death Day...she is perfect!!! This nude scene was hilarious and so sexy, plus she resembles Melissa B.
Jessica-Rothe-in-Happy-Death-Day-horror-actresses-43191962-540-350.gif
What a tasty choice :D
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
She already did a great job as Valkyrie, but I'd have cast Tessa Thompson as Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot is a beautiful woman and she certainly looks the part - indeed, she probably looks the part better than Tessa Thompson - but Tessa Thompson has excellent screen presence, charisma, and I think can put on the kind of effortless authority that Wonder Woman should have.

Plus, she's gorgeous.
I also really liked Tessa as Valkyrie. Tough and sexy, nice combo.
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Another of my casting choices would be; if they were to have cast Michelle Monaghan as Red Sonja.
Michelle-Monaghan.png
Michelle-Monaghan.png (393.6 KiB) Viewed 8056 times
tumkar
Henchman
Henchman

I always thought Elisabeth Harnois from CSI would have made a perfect Supergirl. She got in to a bit of peril a couple of times in that show too.
4bdcf451c2bb0cb03e39ad77c5ea62b8.jpg
4bdcf451c2bb0cb03e39ad77c5ea62b8.jpg (131.17 KiB) Viewed 7985 times
the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

wwe rhea ripley she would be a awesome badass superheroine
a22515f63b26b1d8-600x338.jpg
a22515f63b26b1d8-600x338.jpg (34.03 KiB) Viewed 7962 times
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

tumkar wrote:
2 years ago
I always thought Elisabeth Harnois from CSI would have made a perfect Supergirl. She got in to a bit of peril a couple of times in that show too.

4bdcf451c2bb0cb03e39ad77c5ea62b8.jpg
Hello Tumkar

How do you think of television character

dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

She would make a hot Supergirl
tumkar
Henchman
Henchman

Hey, I think you need to re-upload the images, they don't seem to appear for me...
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

How about Emily Wickersen of NCIS as Supergirl or Black Canary
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes don't use use little pic symbol above the text box in full editor mode when posting a message,

You need to have the pics on your device.
Go below the message box, below Save as Draft Preview and Submit

There is an Options tab and an Attachment tab, click on the Attachment tab, then Add files,

Then select the file from your drive and click Place in Line after it has loaded - it will then appear where your cursor is in the message

(if the file is too big or doesn't load you will get a red cross, you need a green tick after its loaded to be able to put it in the post)
Attachments
IMG-20210817-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210817-WA0004.jpg (51.1 KiB) Viewed 7779 times
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

That's not any reference to you just the first pic I clicked on to demonstrate - it should show with Attachments above the pic at your end when you do it

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
luther
Henchman
Henchman

My pick would be Alexandra Daddario as Wonder Woman with the old traditional costume. She probably comes as close to Lynda Carter as you can get, especially with her great figure and being so well endowed like the love Lynda, who will always be number one for me.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Felicia Day would have made a great MJ in a Spider-Man movie.

Angelina Jolie would have made a sexy but formidable Catwoman.

Back in the day, Jane Russell would have made a great Wonder Woman.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Lurkndog wrote:
2 years ago
Felicia Day would have made a great MJ in a Spider-Man movie.

Angelina Jolie would have made a sexy but formidable Catwoman.

Back in the day, Jane Russell would have made a great Wonder Woman.
I always thought Catherine Bell or Morena Baccarin would've made excellent Wonder Women. At least in their prime in the early 00's.

My 2 cents.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yeah Baccarin was made for it, stunning woman

Supergirllegend
Henchman
Henchman

luther wrote:
2 years ago
My pick would be Alexandra Daddario as Wonder Woman with the old traditional costume. She probably comes as close to Lynda Carter as you can get, especially with her great figure and being so well endowed like the love Lynda, who will always be number one for me.
You are spot on. One of the most beautiful actresses on this planet with the most beautiful pair of…. eyes. She could do an excellent Wonder Woman or hell, dye her hair blonde and she could be Supergirl. She definitely has the figure for it. So underrated as an actress- she should have been in a superhero film by now
the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

grace jones and geena davis
qt3fstqez4y61.jpg
qt3fstqez4y61.jpg (154.92 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
MV5BZDY1Njc4YjktZmM3Zi00MWI2LThkNTgtMTNiZGJmMGI5NTRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg
MV5BZDY1Njc4YjktZmM3Zi00MWI2LThkNTgtMTNiZGJmMGI5NTRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg (132.73 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
the123
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

jamie lee curtis
6e4ca9e9548da8c4e847932f071fca42.jpg
6e4ca9e9548da8c4e847932f071fca42.jpg (52.28 KiB) Viewed 7289 times
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Another of my favorites would have been to cast Yvonne Strahovski (Star from Chuck) as Powergirl.
Yvonne Strahovski.png
Yvonne Strahovski.png (442.81 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^^ Yeah I had her pencilled in as SG

McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
^^^^ Yeah I had her pencilled in as SG
Agreed, Yvonne would make a delicious Kara :thumbup:
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

sg18_85b2.jpg
sg18_85b2.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 7050 times
Florence Pugh

R5
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I think Bridget Fonda would have made a great and sexy Kara Zor-El.
Bridget Fonda as Supergirl.png
Bridget Fonda as Supergirl.png (639.15 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
possum2
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Supergirllegend wrote:
2 years ago
luther wrote:
2 years ago
You are spot on. One of the most beautiful actresses on this planet with the most beautiful pair of…. eyes. She could do an excellent Wonder Woman or hell, dye her hair blonde and she could be Supergirl. She definitely has the figure for it. So underrated as an actress- she should have been in a superhero film by now
I've seen it mentioned several places that Daddario would look awesome as Rogue, i definitely agree.