Matrix: Resurrections [2021]

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The trailer is here!

-

Boarding the hype train! NOW! Hype train!
Well, great visuals, action, music, Keanu Reeves..... I'm thrilled :hmmm: :w00t:
Watched it twice and got goosebumps both times, and that doesn't happen that often.
The only thing that is missing is Carrie Anne Moss in that black outfit.....but maybe.....

I Will re-watch Matrix 1-3 before this one....but I guess I will need something to read or so for some parts of the second and third movie.... :hmmm:
Last edited by Maskripper 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Damselbinder

I didn't realize

I didn't realize until right now how much I wanted this. Please god let it be good. Please god let this live up to the promise of the first one.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I can just imagine it ...

"Yeah, doc... I had this dream - but it was so real - like I was really there - and I had this amazing adventure. But ... once the first adventure was done ... things became .... chaotic ... crazy ... stupid ... it was like, you know, when a good movie has a sequel which ruins everything and it's never the same again ... it was just like that. I just wish I could ... pick up the dream, but from after the first adventure..."
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Looked to me like a movie about a drug addict who relapses after 20 years of sobriety. They were very heavy on the pill imagery.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This kinda looks like it might be the sequel to the ORIGINAL Matrix film we kinda needed? It looks like it maybe plans to parallel the first half of the original matrix and then branch out into something different...

I haven't been mega up for the HBO Max released theatrical releases really outside of the Suicide Squad... but if Dune and this turn out good.... I'll be pretty happy honestly.
Damselbinder

...I quite liked the Matrix Reloaded...
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago

OK - I admit not everything about what came after the original movie was bad. Hooooowever ... it was a standing joke among my friends that "it was a shame they never made any sequels to The Matrix" ... as if we were in denial that anything followed.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Damselbinder

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago

OK - I admit not everything about what came after the original movie was bad. Hooooowever ... it was a standing joke among my friends that "it was a shame they never made any sequels to The Matrix" ... as if we were in denial that anything followed.
Regular bunch of Noel Cowards, you were.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

They're not going to retcon everything that came after the original film.
And if they did, sequel-haters would still be disappointed.

I'm disappointed already because Mr. Fishburne isn't in it. But I have little doubt that it will be an interesting and entertaining and thought-provoking experience.

And it can't be as big of a turd in the punchbowl as Episode 9.
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago

I think there is some good in both sequels, but the CGI made it look like a computer game at times.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

ltrltr wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago

I think there is some good in both sequels, but the CGI made it look like a computer game at times.
I mean, it kind of was. Much of it anyway.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Am super hyped for this. Mostly because unlike most movies of this sort I have no idea what it's going to be about.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Probably one of the few who isn't hyped for this in the slightest, trailer was just "meh" for me. Big fan of the original and the animatrix and some of the side stuff, but I feel like this is a series that should have just been allowed to finish as it already has. Will be interesting to see what they do with it though.
Damselbinder

I am infinitely hyped.

In fact. Dumb theory time. I think the Doogie Howser therapist is Agent Smith, based on the character of some of his inflections.

It's a stupid theory. It's 99.999% likely to be false. But I'm excited enough to do fan theories and that hasn't happened in a LONG time.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I think the Doogie Howser therapist is Agent Smith, based on the character of some of his inflections.
Ow, that idea makes a painfully unpleasant noise in my head.

Neil Patrick Harris can be delightfully evil, but if Agent Smith heard himself speaking with Neil's voice, he'd vow silence until he could get one with a more fitting timbre.
Damselbinder

Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I think the Doogie Howser therapist is Agent Smith, based on the character of some of his inflections.
Ow, that idea makes a painfully unpleasant noise in my head.

Neil Patrick Harris can be delightfully evil, but if Agent Smith heard himself speaking with Neil's voice, he'd vow silence until he could get one with a more fitting timbre.
No no he'd like - shapeshift back into Hugo Weaving for the big reveal. Trust me, it'd be sick. Trust me.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
No no he'd like - shapeshift back into Hugo Weaving for the big reveal. Trust me, it'd be sick. Trust me.
That would be sweet, but I'm taking Weaving and Fishburne at their word when they say they're not in the film. It's just easier that way, and seems more likely.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

My hunch is that the Matrix has been reset, so there's a new version of everybody because the plan has started over again. Somewhere out there is a new Neo, with his own Trinity, and so on and so forth. Neil Patrick Harris may even be, as suggested above, a new Smith, or some other Agent tasked with keeping Neo from causing trouble.

This would theoretically place Neo in the role of the Merovingian, from the earlier movies. The man who knows all because he has seen all from an earlier cycle of the Matrix. But it seems like he didn't fancy that job in the new system I guess.
lizlettersby
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Second two Matrix movies aside (yes, they did have their moments), the Wachowskis turn whatever they touch into gold.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I legit don't understand where the Matrix story has left to go after the last movie of the trilogy without just resetting everything, but I'm cautiously curious. I am, at the very least, always game to watch Keanu do his thing, so there's that. The trailers looks pretty cool so far, though I don't have any broader context to put them in yet.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

lizlettersby wrote:
2 years ago
Second two Matrix movies aside (yes, they did have their moments), the Wachowskis turn whatever they touch into gold.
Except of course for Speed Racer. You can really only turn a pile of garbage into iron at best.
Damselbinder

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
lizlettersby wrote:
2 years ago
Except of course for Speed Racer. You can really only turn a pile of garbage into iron at best.
How

dare you?! The Speed Racer movie was okay, but the original cartoon is gold.

I'm not being ironic at all.

Really.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
I legit don't understand where the Matrix story has left to go after the last movie of the trilogy without just resetting everything...
Why? The trilogy didn't end with a Happily Ever After, just a dramatic political reshuffling, with a lot of new (competing) possibilities suddenly on the table. Who knows what new equilibrium they found, how stable it's been, how healthy it's been, how fair it's been?