Where derailed topics go to ....live?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Let's not call each other idiots please.
If anyone wants to call me a complete twat that's fine, I'm owning it.
You're a complete twat for resuscitating this thread the way you did.
Well I didn't think saying US had 2000 dead a day and the lowest vaccination rates of the G7 was particularly contravwrsial but hey ho.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Well I didn't think saying US had 2000 dead a day and the lowest vaccination rates of the G7 was particularly contravwrsial but hey ho.
Bullshit.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

That was the post I opened with and both were widely reported facts.
There are nearly 2000 dead a day and the vaccinations are the lowest of the G7. So where's the controversy?

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago

What is your beef with the US anyway? You're always ripping on the US and its always focused on a group of people you apparently know nothing about. That and massive guilt tripping. I never say anything bad about Brits and when someone does say something you're right in there doing the used car salesman excuse for them.

By all means say something but cheap shots on a demographic that you sum up as neanderthals in a Coors beer commercial is not exactly going to win people over.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm proud of Australians

Even if X is a good idea you can't FORCE X on people.

Now imagine when one political ideology monopolizes health care then dictates terms or they do denial of service but make you pay the taxes anyway.

So proud of these people. People have made the un vaccinated into criminals, bad guys, without looking at the facts. Even Joe Biden said taking an untested vaccine rushed through the FDA was a BAD IDEA. JOE BIDEN. And Harris said she would NOT take the vaccine if Trump mandated it.

"I thought this was a pandemic against covid 19 not a pandemic against the un vaccinated"
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It's the loss of life that I am appalled by. I don't care what country it is. . But it's particularly senseless when the vaccines are available. I live in a village of 24,000 people. The equivalent of everyone in it dying is happening every 12 days in America. To me that's like seeing everyone in the village dead every 12 days. You've got the highest death rates and the highest infection rates. If it was UK I would post on that.

The UK govt has had one fuck up after another
and I have commented on that. We are a bloody Island and had 6 weeks warning of the outbreak in China and 2 weeks of the outbreak in Italy before it hit us and we did nothing. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER FOR US TO KEEP IT OUT and yet we had the highest death toll in Europe. - (not sure if we still have) Did we use that time?
No extra testing set up, no quaranting protocols in place, no attempt at all to order extra PPE, or set home factories to make it. The UK govt did absolutely nothing and I condemned them for it.

When have I ever likened anyone to neanderthals in a beer commercial?

Bert

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
What is your beef with the US anyway?
I'll take a jab at this one. Americans are dying of covid at a rate of 6/million/day. Canadians are dying at a rate of 0.8/million/day. That's a more than sevenfold higher death rate. Is it completely lost on you what a staggering failure that is? Americans are dying in massive numbers - 2,000 per day. Why? Because too many people refuse to be vaccinated and too many people refuse to comply with covid precautions. And because the U.S. is so populous, those 150,000 new cases every day are a massive opportunity for newer, potentially more dangerous strains to develop. That in turn endangers everyone, not just Americans.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Bringing this back to Dr.D's original post, my central overall point on this subject is not whether COVID is real or whether folks are dying, but historically speaking whether this COVID threat meets the considerable threshold, a threat to our nation's survival in the same way we conscripted and drafted folks for wars, is the mortality rate of this virus meet that threshold enough to violate folks individual civil rights and freedoms, which might not be a big deal for folks outside the U.S, but is important over here, is COVID a foundational threat to our nation. If it is, then we need to have that conversation, but a less than 1% mortality rate does not meet that threshold.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

McGheeny wrote:
2 years ago
Please stop using liberal organized news outlets as a valid source of reference. It has been proven these news outlets and periodicals unapologetically falsify, slant, and coordinate information releases to maximize politized propaganda. A press that works for a political party is not a free or reliable press. And just because you do not hear us say it, we the people do know the difference.

Fact, Covid was created in WuHan labs with the knowledge and support of Anthony Fouci, financed by Pfizer, to create a gain-of-function virus weaponized to infect and attack humans. Where is your outrage about this?

Fact, Covid was released by China on the entire planet targeting the elderly and medically compromised. Why doesn’t this infuriate your covid sensibilities?

Fact, World governments chose to turn its citizens against each other (Masks, No Masks, Vaccine, No Vaccine, Booster, No Booster), then recognize China declared Bio-Chemical War on the planet. But you blame fellow humans as “Murders”.

Fact, Sweden has almost no daily covid deaths without a mask mandate or mandatory vaccination. Herd Immunity????

Fact, even the FDA has voted down 16-2 the need for a booster vaccine. They concluded the dangers of additional vaccinations are unknown. Hmmm.

Fact, Florida is protecting its Citizenry and their Civil Rights by deciding to fine any business $5000, per incident, for any employer to unconstitutionally require any type of virus passport or proof of covid vaccination.

Fact, Florida was the first state to address and protect its Citizens with the highest potential for catching covid. They protected their senior citizens and did not put covid infected patients back into nursing homes to infect other senior citizens(New York, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania) killing hundreds. Nothing?

Fact, Because of it’s Free State status Florida has experience unprecedented population explosion. An influx of people leaving their oppressive and corrupt governed states have come to Florida. Why?

Fact, Current CDC information on Florida has a 99.9% vaccination rate of 65+, 72.4% vaccination rate for 18-64, and 18.9% vaccinated Under 18. Despite the massive population expansion.

Fact, Florida was the first state in the nation to focus on early treatments of covid-19.

Fact, Florida currently has 50% decrease in new hospitalizations, 24 consecutive days of declining hospitalizations, and a 2-month low in emergency room visits.

Fact, The Biden Cabal has had the federal government seize the supply and control the distribution of the life-saving monoclonal antibody treatments. The result, it slashes 50% of antibody treatments provided by the Free State of Florida to its Citizens. Government punishment?

Fact, Florida has schools that had no mask mandate in 2020, and by comparison to mandated schools, there was no significant difference in covid infections.

Fact, Medical professionals are refusing to take covid vaccine and are leaving their jobs instead. Why?

Fact, the US constitution is VERY clear that no government or administration has the right to force any procedure on its Citizenry. What the Biden collective, and any other government around the world, is doing forcing its citizens to take medicine is wrong.

Fact, If any of these facts were presented on social media, the information would be Censored and the account banned. Just as it has been done to a significant number of medical professionals, credentialed experts, and any Humans with personal factual negative medical experiences regarding covid. If their vaccine position is true and accurate shouldn't it be able to withstand criticism or educated decent?

These are true facts that stand up against any plethora of invalid resources you throw at it.
Now, that's quite a long post in which you make a series of bold claims but don't cite even a single source. So can you perhaps tell us the sources of your information about COVID-19?

There is a lot of poor quality data flying around from Anecdote Andys with talk of cousin's friend's enlarged balls, from quack physicians who specialize in "demon semen" and from other religious zealots who seem to think the vaccine is "the mark of the beast" or something. So I'm expecting your supremely confident claims to be backed up by credible, verifiable sources.

Please present them.
Last edited by Heroine Addict 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
I'll take a jab at this one. Americans are dying of covid at a rate of 6/million/day. Canadians are dying at a rate of 0.8/million/day. That's a more than sevenfold higher death rate. Is it completely lost on you what a staggering failure that is?
No but I don't assume the only reason is that its all due to republicans or rednecks or even unvaccinated. For example Canada has a 40 times higher gun murder rate than Japan. I don't assume Canadians are all criminals.

Canada is different. Maybe the population is more spread out. Or they have less immigrants coming in. Or people isolate more. 1/3rd of US population is in the 10 largest cities and 5 largest states. Is Canada packed like that?

And other countries also have high mortality rates but are vaccinated,. Israel for example is having an issue.
bushwackerbob wrote:is the mortality rate of this virus meet that threshold enough to violate folks individual civil rights and freedoms
That will never be the case. If it were then the world would be a prison. By all means YOU can stay way from people. But what you propose is a dangerous slippery slope. So you want a world where we all have to show our papers? have a reason to travel?
Last edited by Mr. X 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
That will never be the case. If it were then the world would be a prison. By all means YOU can stay way from people. But what you propose is a dangerous slippery slope. So you want a world where we all have to show our papers? have a reason to travel?
Interesting that you should talk about the world being a prison, rather than just the USA. You have always (in your lifetime, at least) had to "show your papers" to travel abroad legally. The same goes for some countries requiring a load of vaccinations as an entry requirement. The USA requires incoming tourists to obtain visas and demonstrate their reason for travel.

Are you somehow unaware of all this?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Bert

Fully vaccinated stats by country:

Canada - 68.7%
Israel - 61.5%
U.S. -54.2%

And Israel is currently sitting at 2.8deaths/million/day, so the U.S. is more than double that rate. Are you starting to see a correlation?
Bert

Mr. X also included a second quote in his last post, making it appear that they were my words. They were not. Please fix it.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
That was the post I opened with and both were widely reported facts.
There are nearly 2000 dead a day and the vaccinations are the lowest of the G7. So where's the controversy?
You knew damn well where the controversy is, as a moderator, making post # 1,125 of the thread. You pricked a deep wound with an obvious criticism of Americans against vaccination, already knowing *why* things are the way they are, and knowing full well that your prick would be irresistible to a couple of members of this forum.

You trolled.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Interesting that you should talk about the world being a prison, rather than just the USA. You have always (in your lifetime, at least) had to "show your papers" to travel abroad legally. The same goes for some countries requiring a load of vaccinations as an entry requirement. The USA requires incoming tourists to obtain visas and demonstrate their reason for travel.

Are you somehow unaware of all this?
Ahhhhh the slippery slope. So why not show papers for everything... right? Thanks for this grand example of slippery slopes.

And you demonstrate why others don't want gov to have this power cause JUST LIKE YOU JUST DID the government will say they did it before then can justify it again and again. Hey you accept passports, why not work permits? Why not permissions to travel? Why not permissions to buy certain foods? Why not papers to show why you're in one part of town?

Its also pretty sad that we supposed non-liberals have to do the work for the supposed liberals and the supposed liberals are the ones promoting "obey authority, do as your told, your rights mean nothing". It seems to me "obey authority and do as your told and have papers and your rights are a privilege" is a conservative view.
Last edited by Mr. X 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X also included a second quote in his last post, making it appear that they were my words. They were not. Please fix it.
Oops sorry there. Fixed.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago

Ahhhhh the slippery slope. So why not show papers for everything... right? Thanks for this grand example of slippery slopes.

And you demonstrate why others don't want gov to have this power cause JUST LIKE YOU JUST DID the government will say they did it before then can justify it again and again. Hey you accept passports, why not work permits? Why not permissions to travel? Why not permissions to buy certain foods? Why not papers to show why you're in one part of town?

Its also pretty sad that we supposed non-liberals have to do the work for the supposed liberals and the supposed liberals are the ones promoting "obey authority, do as your told, your rights mean nothing". It seems to me "obey authority and do as your told and have papers and your rights are a privilege" is a conservative view.
"Slippery slope" or "thin end of the wedge" arguments lead to wherever you want them to lead. We all have imaginations and we can all make stuff up.

Does the "slippery slope" lead to permissions to buy certain foods or go to certain parts of town? Or will the "slippery slope" lead to open borders and totally uncontrolled movement? The answer is probably neither of the above, but both are convenient for fearmongering.

Where will it end? The answer is SOMEWHERE. It will end SOMEWHERE, at least for a few years. Until something else comes along and forces a reassessment.

The fact that a majority of people accept something under some circumstances doesn't necessarily mean they will accept anything under any circumstances. "Slippery slope" arguments are why it's still illegal to smoke a bit of pot in many places. You see, smoking a little pot puts you on a "slippery slope" which will inevitably lead to you becoming a crackhead. Even though that's obviously bullshit.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
I'll take a jab at this one. Americans are dying of covid at a rate of 6/million/day. Canadians are dying at a rate of 0.8/million/day. That's a more than sevenfold higher death rate. Is it completely lost on you what a staggering failure that is? Americans are dying in massive numbers - 2,000 per day. Why? Because too many people refuse to be vaccinated and too many people refuse to comply with covid precautions. And because the U.S. is so populous, those 150,000 new cases every day are a massive opportunity for newer, potentially more dangerous strains to develop. That in turn endangers everyone, not just Americans.
Per WHO and CDC:

Alpha originated in UK
Beta originated in South Africa
Delta originated in India
Gamma originated in Brazil
Mu originated in Columbia

Population size really has zero to do with whether or not a mutation or new strain emerges. The rate at which Covid is actually evolving is more worrisome than people not getting shots in arms, I personally just don't see any way they will ever stay on top of it as Delta has already shown it just takes one mutation to throw everything that was done months prior right into the garbage. I personally feel like Covid is here to stay and will basically become the new flu regardless of what we do to stop it.
Bert

Those are all places with high population densities. Exactly where you would expect mutations to occur. Delta is more transmissible, but still protectable with current vaccines. Upping vaccination percentages reduces opportunity for mutations to occur. This is all settled science. What the fuck is wrong with you people?
McGheeny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
2 years ago

There is a lot of poor quality data flying around from Anecdote Andys with talk of cousin's friend's enlarged balls, from quack physicians who specialize in "demon semen" and from other religious zealots who seem to think the vaccine is "the mark of the beast" or something. So I'm expecting your supremely confident claims to be backed up by credible, verifiable sources.

Please present them.
Here’s a word tyrants, bullies, and Kool-Aid drinkers hate, No.

No, I have said all I am going to say on this subject. I come to this forum for the superheroine material, not this insanity. Besides, it is clear from your posts you are not looking for information to make an informed decision, you are looking for a fight. I won’t waste anymore of my valuable time. If you truly want to see the same information, information that I found it in less than a morning, stay off Google and use an independent search engine. But you will never find this data because it is outside of the “Safe Zone” of agenda driven news and social media. It is located in places where true reporting is found, and Kool-Aid drinkers’ feelings can and often do get hurt by actual news.

This topic should be shut down, but obviously it won’t. Too bad. I won’t come here again. No.

It is back to the lovely superheroines.

"You will NEVER convert Kool-Aid drinkers, ever. Simply recognize them, smile and/or laugh, and steer WELL clear of their destructive personalities."
tumblr_npx1v4IacE1qzgwh4o3_500.gif
tumblr_npx1v4IacE1qzgwh4o3_500.gif (1.65 MiB) Viewed 14416 times
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

You found this amazing information in less than a morning of searching on an independent search engine? Yet you won't provide any sources for your claimed facts due to the perceived ill intent of my request for evidence? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Sadly, people can convince themselves of just about anything with a very small amount of "research" using unverifiable sources.

If you're inclined to believe that every politician and celebrity you don't like is a pedo who sacrifices children in satanic rituals to harvest their adrenochrome, you can find "confirmation" of that.
If you're inclined to believe that every government in the world has been covering-up the "fact" that the earth is flat for centuries, you can find "confirmation" of that.
If you're inclined to believe that Dr. Fauci is some sort of supervillain who somehow convinced the majority of the world's governments to go along with his nefarious genocide, you can find "confirmation" of that.

It's very convenient that you accuse me of ill intent for merely asking you to provide evidence in support of any of your assertions. How very nasty of me. Meanwhile, you get to make any wild claim you want with impunity and assume a faux moral high ground when anyone has the temerity to question you.
Bert

McGheeny wrote:
2 years ago
If you truly want to see the same information, information that I found it in less than a morning, stay off Google and use an independent search engine. But you will never find this data because it is outside of the “Safe Zone” of agenda driven news and social media. It is located in places where true reporting is found, and Kool-Aid drinkers’ feelings can and often do get hurt by actual news.

This topic should be shut down, but obviously it won’t. Too bad. I won’t come here again. No.

"You will NEVER convert Kool-Aid drinkers, ever. Simply recognize them, smile and/or laugh, and steer WELL clear of their destructive personalities."
This thing that you think you are, it's not real. You've been duped. But I suspect you're too invested now, and admitting it would be very damaging to your ego. Try though. Maybe you can drag your way out of the wormhole, 'cause buddy, you ain't in Kansas anymore.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
2 years ago

This thing that you think you are, it's not real. You've been duped. But I suspect you're too invested now, and admitting it would be very damaging to your ego. Try though. Maybe you can drag your way out of the wormhole, 'cause buddy, you ain't in Kansas anymore.
Speaking generally, rather than about any forum member in particular, a key part of grooming and radicalization is to separate and isolate the target from people and resources that contradict the persecution narrative.

"They're all part of the cabal, you see. Get them out of your life. You don't need them anymore. We're your real allies and these are your real facts. Now, wouldn't it be a great idea to execute Gretchen Whitmer and Anthony Fauci?"
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

McGheeny wrote:
2 years ago
Heroine Addict wrote:
2 years ago

Please present them.
Here’s a word tyrants, bullies, and Kool-Aid drinkers hate, No.

No, I have said all I am going to say on this subject. I come to this forum for the superheroine material, not this insanity. Besides, it is clear from your posts you are not looking for information to make an informed decision, you are looking for a fight. I won’t waste anymore of my valuable time. If you truly want to see the same information, information that I found it in less than a morning, stay off Google and use an independent search engine. But you will never find this data because it is outside of the “Safe Zone” of agenda driven news and social media. It is located in places where true reporting is found, and Kool-Aid drinkers’ feelings can and often do get hurt by actual news.

tumblr_npx1v4IacE1qzgwh4o3_500.gif
Q-anon and shit like it are not acceptable forms of research criteria or you wouldn't feel embarrassed to show it. It you aren't using the tested, mapped and historic modes of research then you are looking at shady pseudoscience and we don't have to take you seriously Mr. Smarmy Mustache Gifster.

"Oh hoy de doy look at me! I've found aaaaaaaaaall the evidence but la de deee I'm a special boy with special sources don't you see te he te he te he!"
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
2 years ago
Bert wrote:
2 years ago

Speaking generally, rather than about any forum member in particular, a key part of grooming and radicalization is to separate and isolate the target from people and resources that contradict the persecution narrative.
Yes, you're right. Like when Twitter, Google and Facebook shut down mostly conservative channels on their platforms then the left celebrating that. Then filtering out any posts that they deem "hate" or "misleading information". Its almost like we have a ministry of truth.

Isolate the target that has a contradictory voice. Yup.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Heroine Addict wrote:
2 years ago
Bert wrote:
2 years ago

Yes, you're right. Like when Twitter, Google and Facebook shut down mostly conservative channels on their platforms then the left celebrating that. Then filtering out any posts that they deem "hate" or "misleading information". Its almost like we have a ministry of truth.

Isolate the target that has a contradictory voice. Yup.
Most of these channels getting themselves shut down would help themselves greatly by not mouthbreathing what amount to FACTUAL falsehoods. The fact outlets can't be punished for outright lying on air anymore is a crying shame as we'd never be forced to battle with the bullshit that pours out of Fox News every single hour if there were actually any sort of journalistic integrity anymore. Mouthbreathing lies for the clicks can still land you in a heap of trouble though if it causes someone to get hurt.

Once more, freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence. If your lies and mistruths lead to tangible harm, than you aren't free to speak them and NEVER have been. If these conservative channels would like to speak their minds and opinions than they have only to speak facts and opinions as opposed to dangerous slander of proven sciences. They DON'T chose to do this and so they keep getting shut down by the corporations that don't want to deal with the consequences of supporting UNprotected speech on their platforms.

You wouldn't scream 'bomb!' on a plane for a lark. I don't see why anybody should moan about a bunch of conservative morons getting themselves banned for doing the equivalent of screaming 'bomb!' on Twitter or some other stupid social platform. There's plenty of more intelligent conservative channels that know better and thus keep working. Think of it more like nature culling out the morons.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

As a pro vaccine person, I certainly hate to see so much of this anti vaxer misinformation out there, and there is certainly a lot of that out there, and surely vaccine misinformation has led to quite a bit vaccine hesitancy and vaccine obstinacy. Where I diverge from many of my pro vaccine friends on here is this narrow thought process that there is no reason whatsoever for folks to be hesitant or questioning the process of the vaccine, dismissing these folks, that everyone who is hesitant about getting the vaccine is uninformed and uneducated about the facts of the vaccine. What elitist, cancel culture bullshit. Yes, there is a segment of non vaxers who buy into COVID misinformation and make uninformed choices, but I just don't accept this across the board condemnation, not to mention defamation and slander of folks who have legitimate fears of this vaccine. I am all in on declaring war on COVID misinformation folks, ordinary people, informed hesitancy folks who have legitimate fears is cancel culture insanity gone too far. I have quite a few co-workers who are non vaxers, they are all intelligent and informed individuals and I don't like hearing my friends disparaged, harassed, or defamed. Telling folks how they should think, feel, or behave has never been a healthy, productive, or conducive to civilized discourse in this country. That is a lousy method towards changing hearts and minds on a subject.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Has a single person changed their perspective based on what has been posted in 25 pages of this thread? Seems like people are merely shouting their perspectives into the void with zero opinions changed. But I get it: I am one to vent as well.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago
As a pro vaccine person, I certainly hate to see so much of this anti vaxer misinformation out there, and there is certainly a lot of that out there, and surely vaccine misinformation has led to quite a bit vaccine hesitancy and vaccine obstinacy. Where I diverge from many of my pro vaccine friends on here is this narrow thought process that there is no reason whatsoever for folks to be hesitant or questioning the process of the vaccine, dismissing these folks, that everyone who is hesitant about getting the vaccine is uninformed and uneducated about the facts of the vaccine. What elitist, cancel culture bullshit. Yes, there is a segment of non vaxers who buy into COVID misinformation and make uninformed choices, but I just don't accept this across the board condemnation, not to mention defamation and slander of folks who have legitimate fears of this vaccine. I am all in on declaring war on COVID misinformation folks, ordinary people, informed hesitancy folks who have legitimate fears is cancel culture insanity gone too far. I have quite a few co-workers who are non vaxers, they are all intelligent and informed individuals and I don't like hearing my friends disparaged, harassed, or defamed. Telling folks how they should think, feel, or behave has never been a healthy, productive, or conducive to civilized discourse in this country. That is a lousy method towards changing hearts and minds on a subject.
The issue is there are no legitimate fears of the Vaccine. There's invented pseudoscientific slander derived from misinformation, misinterpretation and ignorance of the science. Letting people trick themselves into being afraid of the vaccine results in the same thing as misinformation. DEATH. They need to wake the fuck up, the time for kicking their feet on the sidewalk choosing to be afraid of a nonsense chance of autism or whatever other fantasy and thus living with a 5% chance of dying of covid in the next year is over because its KILLING people.

Misinformation about vaccines kills people, and so to does tolerance of false fears about them.

It's okay to humor your agoraphobic friends fear of the outside when it isn't consequential, but when a bomb is about to blow up in their basement its time to drag them the fuck out of the house if you have to.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago
The issue is there are no legitimate fears of the Vaccine. There's invented pseudoscientific slander derived from misinformation, misinterpretation and ignorance of the science. Letting people trick themselves into being afraid of the vaccine results in the same thing as misinformation. DEATH. They need to wake the fuck up, the time for kicking their feet on the sidewalk choosing to be afraid of a nonsense chance of autism or whatever other fantasy and thus living with a 5% chance of dying of covid in the next year is over because its KILLING people.

Misinformation about vaccines kills people, and so to does tolerance of false fears about them.

It's okay to humor your agoraphobic friends fear of the outside when it isn't consequential, but when a bomb is about to blow up in their basement its time to drag them the fuck out of the house if you have to.
What appears false and illegitimate to you is perfectly legitimate fear to them. You of course are entitled to your steadfast opinions, beliefs, and opinions just as my informed friends are entitled to theirs. You are not though, entitled to impose your perspectives and trample over the rights and freedoms of folks who disagree with your perspective, especially for a less than 1% mortality rate for most folks. You simply don't have the right or power to tell folks what to think, believe, or behave. I would leave that to totalitarian regimes who do not cherish dissent and have little consideration for the power of individuals to think and make decisions and think for themselves. This is not that country. This is the United States of America where values such as dissent are still encouraged. This is not an issue of uneducated and uninformed, low class, scumbags and hillbillies not willing to get the jab. I look at this from an unemotional POV, I vehemently disagree with their decision, but recognize and respect with a 1% mortality rate for most folks, it is their decision to make.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

sugarcoater wrote:
2 years ago
Has a single person changed their perspective based on what has been posted in 25 pages of this thread? Seems like people are merely shouting their perspectives into the void with zero opinions changed. But I get it: I am one to vent as well.
This is so true. I will only add one thing to underline your post (this is something I have actually read way before the covid-19 pandemic, and I saved the text because, well, it's 100% on point and always handy in general):

"Conspiracy theories will probably always be with us to some extent, but there are also demographic and psychological factors that make it more likely people will believe in them.

- A need for certainty.
Seeking explanations for events is a natural human desire and we don't just ask questions. We also quickly find answers to those questions ... not necessarily the true answers, but rather answers that comfort us or that fit into our worldview.

- Feelings of powerlessness.
An explanation for events beyond a person's control (no matter how ludicrous those explanations sound to others) can still be psychologically preferable to being the victim of blind chance or happenstance.

- A desire to feel special.
Those who want to stand out from the crowd (aka those with narcissistic tendencies) can adopt extreme beliefs in order to do so.

- Being less educated.
This one hardly needs much explaining.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Media platforms and government agencies and institutions have certainly taken a hit in terms of credibility in the last 20 years or so, with certain places like CNN and others denigrating the vaccine in 2020, suddenly doing a 180 in 2021. With this lack of credibility in media and institutions, is it any wonder that some folks challenge the veracity of what they learn from any of these places? One thing that is certain is that folks on the left and the right gravitate towards the news that closely follows their ideology and views. Why is this? Because the media has done a piss poor job in attempting to maintain objectivity in their reporting and they are only concerned with following their narratives and dismiss or ignores anything that goes against that narrative, so when we get a international health crisis, these vaunted and trusted news sources are not believed in many quarters. The result is that when an important news story happens, it is met with skepticism in many quarters, those chickens have come home to roost, we have the journalistic issue of the boy who cried wolf.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago
Femina wrote:
2 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago

What appears false and illegitimate to you is perfectly legitimate fear to them. You of course are entitled to your steadfast opinions, beliefs, and opinions just as my informed friends are entitled to theirs. You are not though, entitled to impose your perspectives and trample over the rights and freedoms of folks who disagree with your perspective, especially for a less than 1% mortality rate for most folks. You simply don't have the right or power to tell folks what to think, believe, or behave. I would leave that to totalitarian regimes who do not cherish dissent and have little consideration for the power of individuals to think and make decisions and think for themselves. This is not that country. This is the United States of America where values such as dissent are still encouraged. This is not an issue of uneducated and uninformed, low class, scumbags and hillbillies not willing to get the jab. I look at this from an unemotional POV, I vehemently disagree with their decision, but recognize and respect with a 1% mortality rate for most folks, it is their decision to make.
So If I decide to take the perfectly legitimate fear to myself that other human beings are dangerous and need to be wiped out is it okay for me to detonate a nuke in the middle of the city? No? (You answer had BETTER be no anyway)

Good we've established a baseline that individual belief isn't a perfected baseline for what should and shouldn't be done. If the survival of the human race requires that we solve for 1+1, it doesn't matter what perfectly legitimate fears you hold that the answer may secretly be 3 you're WRONG, thus the solution can't be left up for you to participate in as the survival of the human race requires that we answer 2. BELIEF doesn't matter REALITY does, that's what I'm getting at. There IS NO 'perfectly legitimate' fear of the vaccine. There is ONLY an IRRATIONAL fear of it. It may well be an irrational fear predicated off a rational basis depending upon an individuals experiences with healthcare or something, but that doesn't change the reality that there is no good reason to not get vaccinated 99.99999999% of the time.

What you are doing is VALIDATING irrational fear by telling people that it's alright to be scared, so you're totally cool with them choosing not to get the vaccine and promoting the spread of a deadly virus. How's that better or more productive than spreading dangerous misinformation about it? Both result in an equal ratio of fatal cases of Covid-19.

FFS, gotta love the return to the refrain that its all a personal risk everyone is taking in accordance to their own selves! It's not a 1% mortality rate for most folks. That's a buncha hogwash. You're DRIVING DRUNK with a deadly virus by not taking a FREE precaution. You don't get off of a manslaughter charge when you murder a car full of kids and grandparents when driving drunk, so quit behaving like killing people by spreading a perfectly preventable disease is somehow different or noble.

You aren't freedom fighters. It isn't noble or brave to resist the vaccine. You're playing with peoples lives and trying to be PROUD of it.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

There is almost ZERO evidence of any vaccine problem. I think the UK has had 18 suspected clotting cases and 2 deaths which MIGHT or MIGHT NOT BE VACCINE LINKED out of over 80,000,000+ doses administered to 45,000,000 people. Its perfectly possible those people would have developed a clot anyway, naturally. Compare that with 135,000 Covid deaths on the UK and over 300,000+ people with long term health issues from the illness. It's pretty damned clear where the real health risk is. And refusing the vaccine will only make those numbers rise and put everyone at risk through a resistant mutation.
Vaccine resistance is totally irrational with no basis in fact and perpetuates the crisis.

bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I talked to one of my non vaccinated co-workers, Donna, last night and I told her that some folks I am in contact with think she is not entitled to her feelings on the vaccine. She says it must be nice for some folks to presume to tell total strangers how to feel about personal health issues.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The virus won't give a shit about your friend's feelings of indignance.
The virus won't give a shit about using your friend as a carrier in order to infect and kill an immunocompromised person who has a valid medical reason for not being vaccinated.

If only your friend gave a shit.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago
I talked to one of my non vaccinated co-workers, Donna, last night and I told her that some folks I am in contact with think she is not entitled to her feelings on the vaccine. She says it must be nice for some folks to presume to tell total strangers how to feel about personal health issues.
It's not her personal health issue anylonger if she spreads a deadly virus to somebody else.

Must be nice to feel entitled to murder your co-workers grandparents with a depreciated sense of her own effect on the human beings around her.

This is exacty what I'm talking about. Rather than kissing her ass and implying her choice is noble and American, you could have told her she's got nothing to be afraid of, and that she's more likely to die if she doesn't get the vaccine... but nah, that ol' American individualism is what's REALLY important isn't it?
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

The note is obtained from here:

https://www.actionnews5.com/2021/09/20/ ... -vaccines/
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden will ease foreign travel restrictions into the U.S. beginning in November, when his administration will require all foreign nationals flying into the country to be fully vaccinated.

All foreign travelers flying to the U.S. will need to demonstrate proof of vaccination before boarding, as well as proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of flight, said White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients, who announced the new policy on Monday. Biden will also tighten testing rules for unvaccinated American citizens, who will need to be tested within a day before returning to the U.S., as well as after they arrive home.

Fully vaccinated passengers will not be required to quarantine, Zeints said.

The new policy replaces a patchwork of travel restrictions first instituted by President Donald Trump last year and tightened by Biden earlier this year that restrict travel by non-citizens who have in the prior 14 days been in the United Kingdom, European Union, China, India, Iran, Republic of Ireland, Brazil and South Africa.

I agree. Non-vaccination is causal, in case of infection, of serious illness, so you would expel much more virus when you cough and it could kill people.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bill Maher on how the liberal media is scaring people.

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's bizarre how people think there's a greater risk from the vaccine than there is from COVID-19.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

So many of these people ask for prayers when they're dying. Unfortunately, prayers don't have any proven medical efficacy. BUT VACCINES DO!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
2 years ago
It's bizarre how people think there's a greater risk from the vaccine than there is from COVID-19.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

So many of these people ask for prayers when they're dying. Unfortunately, prayers don't have any proven medical efficacy. BUT VACCINES DO!
That's a strawman argument. You're using a fringe case of kooks to score and easy win the vast majority are not arguing. And the anti-vaxers believe this of all vaccines, just ask Jim Carrey. Plenty of soy moms who shop Wholefoods are also anti-vax.

If I can dig it up, there was a study done showing well over half of the blacks in the US and over 68% of hispanics have not taken the vaccine. Please beat up on them as well.

Again Joe Biden was right to distrust a drug rushed through the FDA, untested with no field trials. No attempts to even try a test case in a state to see if it worked.

Also the odds on dying of Covid are much lower than other ailments. Influenza and regular flu kills millions a year. No mask mandates for those.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/
Now this site shows that over 75% of the US population has had at least one shot. Also they are arguing that blacks and hispanics have received a disproportionately less amount of the vaccine per their population size while Asians and whites appear to receive more. Though I don't know how reliable this KFF site is given it seems very fixated on race numbers.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7028a2.htm

CDC shows as of July that blacks die at a higher rate.

Vox has some interesting numbers as well
https://www.vox.com/22587443/covid-19-v ... cases-rate

note the county numbers and wealth numbers. Poor people vaccinate less which seems to correlate with the red/blue graph where the more wealthy people are in the blue areas and red staters tend to be poorer.

I think the red/blue divide is brought on by blues MANDATING to reds which is not going to go down well. "Respect my authority!" Never works. Is it that red staters reject based on misinformation or partisanship... maybe but a lot rejected the vaccine under Trump as well and for the same reasons Biden brought up. Or is it red staters want nothing to do with blue stater "solutions" because, like me, the see the vast amount of blue state solutions to be train wreck failures.

And again we have video of both Biden and Harris under Trump refusing to take the vaccine and for some legit concerns however Harris refused out of shear partisanship. Have to wonder how many blacks followed her on this. Democrats DID set the precedent for NOT taking the vaccine then flipped once Biden got in. That doesn't simply go away.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

And lets look at the bad track record/trainwreck handling by the "experts"

1. Fauci on 60 minutes saying DON'T wear masks they will do no good unless you're already sick and it may stop some spittle.
2. Told the lock downs will only be 2 weeks.
3. Told lock downs will be "a few months".
4. Told social distancing and masks will be enough even though health care people were saying masks weren't even effective in hospitals.
5. Told we just need 6 months of lock downs.
6. Told that all small businesses need to close even though Walmart, Target, McDonalds get to stay open.
8. Told churches have to close and you cannot have Trump rallies but perfectly fine to have UNMASKED and not social distanced Antifa and BLM rallies with NO enforcing the law on them.
9. Biden saying don't take the vaccine under Trump. "Are you going to be the one who takes the first shot".
10. Harris saying she would not take the vaccine if mandated.
11. An untested vaccine rushed through FDA with no field trials. Lots of dems rejected that.
12. Fauci now saying wear two masks.
13. By Dec of 202 we had full lock downs, more compliance, more mask wearing, more social distancing, more EVERYTHING and we got MORE CASES.
14. Told vaccine is working but then numbers go back up.
15. Told to now stay locked down for a year.
16. Lockdowns cause massive economic damage, cause a housing bubble, cause supply train disruption, cause people to consume their 401ks and retirements, massive evictions, more poor on welfare, labor shortage.
17. Now told we need boosters.
18. Now denial of service, denial of jobs, denial of benefits if people do not comply.
19. A bunch of people who CLAIM to be liberal SCREAMING "who cares about your rights, do as the authority figures tell you to do"

Holy crap this FAIL goes on and on and on. Couple that with the screaming insane people who say they are about science and demand we do what the "experts" say or "we're murdering all the puppies!!!". Ok, we do that today... when tomorrow it changes? The experts are right... till they change their mind or are wrong?

Imagine if these "experts" were your car mechanic or doctor.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
And lets look at the bad track record/trainwreck handling by the "experts"

1. Fauci on 60 minutes saying DON'T wear masks they will do no good unless you're already sick and it may stop some spittle.
2. Told the lock downs will only be 2 weeks.
3. Told lock downs will be "a few months".
4. Told social distancing and masks will be enough even though health care people were saying masks weren't even effective in hospitals.
5. Told we just need 6 months of lock downs.
6. Told that all small businesses need to close even though Walmart, Target, McDonalds get to stay open.
8. Told churches have to close and you cannot have Trump rallies but perfectly fine to have UNMASKED and not social distanced Antifa and BLM rallies with NO enforcing the law on them.
9. Biden saying don't take the vaccine under Trump. "Are you going to be the one who takes the first shot".
10. Harris saying she would not take the vaccine if mandated.
11. An untested vaccine rushed through FDA with no field trials. Lots of dems rejected that.
12. Fauci now saying wear two masks.
13. By Dec of 202 we had full lock downs, more compliance, more mask wearing, more social distancing, more EVERYTHING and we got MORE CASES.
14. Told vaccine is working but then numbers go back up.
15. Told to now stay locked down for a year.
16. Lockdowns cause massive economic damage, cause a housing bubble, cause supply train disruption, cause people to consume their 401ks and retirements, massive evictions, more poor on welfare, labor shortage.
17. Now told we need boosters.
18. Now denial of service, denial of jobs, denial of benefits if people do not comply.
19. A bunch of people who CLAIM to be liberal SCREAMING "who cares about your rights, do as the authority figures tell you to do"

Holy crap this FAIL goes on and on and on. Couple that with the screaming insane people who say they are about science and demand we do what the "experts" say or "we're murdering all the puppies!!!". Ok, we do that today... when tomorrow it changes? The experts are right... till they change their mind or are wrong?

Imagine if these "experts" were your car mechanic or doctor.
You aren't murdering puppies. You're murdering PEOPLE. Don't depreciate your responsibilities because you don't want to wear a band aid over an injection site.

None of what you just wrote matters. You're politicizing the issue in order to invent an argument that allows you to recklessly endanger lives. Half of that list isn't even relevant to an argument. What we were told about changing lock down timeframes is a direct result of human beings flagrantly ignoring them but in any case it has nothing at all to do with protecting yourself and others from the virus with a ZERO COST preventative and doesn't represent a 'mistake' made by the experts at all, that is the populations mistake. Just to be clear how this works, If you have ten people and a deadly illness outside that will die off in ten days, if all ten of you quarantine the illness dies outside in ten days. If even ONE of you runs outside on the ninth day and gets infected, he/she has increased the lifespan of the virus by another ten days. And so it goes. The lock downs were promoted under the assumption that where our own lives were considered, human beings would behave more intelligently.... a lot of foolishness I know, but that's why the initial lock down fiasco reads like an ever postponed music concert. It's also a bit unfair to expect to look back at a perfect response record on what amounts to the first real global pandemic since the bubonic plague, ESPECIALLY in light of your OWN failures in regard to this. OF COURSE a lot of people are going to fuck up in response to this thing, that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to the people who have studied this sort of thing over your own 'gut instinct' or whatever bullshit you are currently using. And to be clear, by experts I'm not talking about your fucking ELECTED representatives whose expertise lives and dies on how to 'campaign' for things, I'm talking about VIROLOGY and the setled science on how best to take precaution against a DEADLY VIRUS! THAT'S the joke here, that's what's so stupid about your above list. You can read any available textbooks and scientific journal on the spread of viruses and they'll all prescribe you a simple mode to protect yourself from them in relation to the specific vectors of transmission the virus has available to it. Quit bitching about what mistakes our idiot representatives have made, and do what needs to be done to protect yourself and others from a VIRUS!

So yeah we need boosters now for the MUTATIONS of the virus that exist because a bunch of idiots wouldn't get their first vaccines. You like to toot this threadline like 'we were told to do this, and since it didn't work it was a fucking lie so why shouldn't I go roll around in the pigshit!"

When you know damn well that you IGNORED all those advisements to begin with, that the pigshit exists because YOU ignored the health risk.

YOU were told to get a vaccine, YOU didn't get one, you aren't the only person who did this, now you can't turn around and cry foul that being told to get a vaccine didn't pan out. It isn't the governments fault that your refusal to get a shot caused their public suggestion that we all get a shot to fail. YOU failed. YOU fucked it up. Now take responsibility for that before you go bitching about which voting block fucked up the worst ESPECIALLY here where we aren't allowed to talk about politics!

Seriously, have we banned politics or haven't we? From where I'm standing I'm screaming on a hill to get yourselves protected from a deadly virus, and all I'm hering in return is "FUCK THE DEMOCRATS! THIS IS THEIR FAULT!" or "FUCK THE REPUBLICANS! THIS IS THEIR FAULT!"

Every time YOU open your mouth about Covid it's to blame the liberals but nowhere have you taken any action at all to protect a single human being from a deadly virus. Fucking PUPPIES? You're killing grandparents. You're killing babbies. Quit BITCHING and take the medicine they are begging to give you for fucking FREE! Every moment you refuse to take take the precaution they are begging you to take out of your inflated sense of American pride or whatever dumb fuckery you are eroding your own voting block anyway? How do conservatives hope to win an election if they're just going to let Covid freely butcher their voters for the next 4 years? I mean FUCK!
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Some folks speak as if vaccine hesitation, denigrating the vaccine, a lack of faith in it all of a sudden was created in 2021. All of this crap does not happen in a vacuum, it started in 2020 with the Democrats, and I would like some intellectually consistent Democrats to acknowledge and vocalize that very real damage was done to the vaccine's reputation before the damn thing even came out, with liberals and their cohort media sources initially saying there is no way a vaccine could be created that quickly, raising questions to the efficacy and safety of such an expedited vaccine. I would like some folks to be honest about 2020 and how crapping on the vaccine in 2020 informed in a lot of ways on how the vaccine was seen in 2021. Some folks like to pretend COVID vaccine disparagement did not happen in 2020 and the issue was not politicized. The dye was cast by asshole liberals in 2020 because of Trump derangement syndrome, a thought that anything developed under Trump was fruit of a poisonous tree, so I would like to see some ownership of that insanity of that point in time in how that informed how folks developed their opinions on the vaccine.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
2 years ago
Some folks speak as if vaccine hesitation, denigrating the vaccine, a lack of faith in it all of a sudden was created in 2021. All of this crap does not happen in a vacuum, it started in 2020 with the Democrats, and I would like some intellectually consistent Democrats to acknowledge and vocalize that very real damage was done to the vaccine's reputation before the damn thing even came out, with liberals and their cohort media sources initially saying there is no way a vaccine could be created that quickly, raising questions to the efficacy and safety of such an expedited vaccine. I would like some folks to be honest about 2020 and how crapping on the vaccine in 2020 informed in a lot of ways on how the vaccine was seen in 2021. Some folks like to pretend COVID vaccine disparagement did not happen in 2020 and the issue was not politicized. The dye was cast by asshole liberals in 2020 because of Trump derangement syndrome, a thought that anything developed under Trump was fruit of a poisonous tree, so I would like to see some ownership of that insanity of that point in time in how that informed how folks developed their opinions on the vaccine.

Yes. DEMOCRATS poo pood the vaccine under Trump, THE SAME VACCINE we use now. Can democrats acknowledge that their strong (and possibly legit) objections FED the now anti-vax issue? Democrats are partially to blame for peeing in the punch bowl. Harris flat out resisting a vaccine mandate under Trump. How many blacks took a cue from that?

BTW plenty of others also were LEGIT skeptical of drugs rushed through the FDA that effect your immune system.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Still bitching about politics I see.

"But I want the democrats to confess they are gremlins... until they do I vow to spread Covid-19 from every pore in my body so help me god!"

Well its your voter base that's losing you and the people in your super spreader events. Enjoy being idiots. I hope none of you have to come face to face with causing the death of somebody you care about through your criminal negligence. I guess as long as you remember to suckle your political parties dicks though its all good, they'll take care of you for sure THIS time.
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
BTW plenty of others also were LEGIT skeptical of drugs rushed through the FDA that effect your immune system.
It's SUPPOSED to effect your immune system, that's the point of a vaccine. A vaccine that doesn't affect your immune system is called a placebo and it doesn't do anything.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
Still bitching about politics I see.

"But I want the democrats to confess they are gremlins... until they do I vow to spread Covid-19 from every pore in my body so help me god!"

Well its your voter base that's losing you and the people in your super spreader events. Enjoy being idiots. I hope none of you have to come face to face with causing the death of somebody you care about through your criminal negligence. I guess as long as you remember to suckle your political parties dicks though its all good, they'll take care of you for sure THIS time.
Why do you refuse to see that people have legit concerns and have had other voices tell them to be concerned AND the so called experts have a horrible track record.

You keep demonizing MILLIONS of people like they are evil for no reason.

"Do as I say... until I change what I say... until I change it again"

If you doctor was like this would would have changed doctors.

This, for you, is apparently some fake righteous cause you're using to demonize a bunch of people you have stereotyped so you can call them idiots and say they are murderers..... and that has NEVER worked other than to drive people away from your issue.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago

You keep demonizing MILLIONS of people like they are evil for no reason.

"Do as I say... until I change what I say... until I change it again"

If you doctor was like this would would have changed doctors.

This, for you, is apparently some fake righteous cause you're using to demonize a bunch of people you have stereotyped so you can call them idiots and say they are murderers..... and that has NEVER worked other than to drive people away from your issue.
Interesting that you should use the word demonize to describe disdain for anti-vaxxers. Meanwhile, more than a few anti-vax conspiracy nuts have screaming about the US government being literal demons. As in actually from Hell. Only one side of his debate is shrieking about the mark of the beast. Only one side is howling about using firearms against any healthcare professionals who go door to door offering vaccines. Only one side of the debate is fearmongering that door to door vaccinations are the "slippery slope" towards door to door bible confiscations.

So don't use the word "demonize" for just a bit of disdain when many of the people being "demonized" are literally having delusions of actual demons and spreading sick fantasies about wanting to execute them.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
2 years ago
Meanwhile, more than a few anti-vax conspiracy nuts have screaming about the US government being literal demons.
Because historically government HAVE been monsters. The US just droned striked a bunch of innocent civilians in Afghanistan. Governments do horrific stuff all the time.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Heroine Addict wrote:
2 years ago
Meanwhile, more than a few anti-vax conspiracy nuts have screaming about the US government being literal demons.
Because historically government HAVE been monsters. The US just droned striked a bunch of innocent civilians in Afghanistan. Governments do horrific stuff all the time.
Not demons as a figure of speech. Many of the conspiracy nuts are obsessed with their perceived enemies being actual demons. From Hell. Who need to be executed.