Favorite New Heroines

General discussions about superheroines!
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I see a lot of love for the classics around here, your Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl, the OGs of superheroines and Superheroine peril. My question is what recent heroine's have caught your eye? Are there any heroine's that came out within the last decade that you really enjoy? They can be mainstream or even characters you encountered in SHIP fiction online.

I started reading My Hero Academia a couple years back and while there's not a lot of SHIP content in it I really grew to like Mt. Lady. She's a minor character that comes off as a vapid glory hound at first, but as the series progresses you see that she really is willing to put herself on the line to protect other people. The fact that she's willing to use her sex appeal to make it big in life doesn't hurt either.

Edit: for some reason the site isn't letting me post pictures so have a video instead
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That's what I like about the Japanese. They can just make this fun stuff and not worry about being shut down.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

I enjoy Lady Death, even though it's two decades old. I also liked Ultraviolet because of Milla Jovovich. Regarding love, my question is: Wonder Woman or Lynda Carter?
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

There's quite a chasm between the SHIP triumvirate and the last decade. I'm afraid all the fun characters that will come to my mind will have origins more than ten years ago.
Spandexer? 2002.
Empowered? 2007.
This is already not-fun.
Oh! Redwing, 2014. Yay!
*quits while ahead*
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
There's quite a chasm between the SHIP triumvirate and the last decade. I'm afraid all the fun characters that will come to my mind will have origins more than ten years ago.
Spandexer? 2002.
Empowered? 2007.
This is already not-fun.
Oh! Redwing, 2014. Yay!
*quits while ahead*
Empowered is great and fairly recent Not sure about Red Wing though, what's she from?
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Redwing is, so far as I know, an original character first seen in a video by The Battle For Earth in early 2014, script by Lee Carl.
Damselbinder

I don't know how recent she is, but I'm a big fan of Miss Martian - and I THINK she's quite recent.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I don't know how recent she is, but I'm a big fan of Miss Martian - and I THINK she's quite recent.
True, Young Justice does have some nice females. But I think Imagineer's point about "fun" means there is that naughty SHIP or sexiness involved which I don't believe Miss Martian exhibits. Heck Captain Marvel in What If looks good but there's nothing fun about her and she has zero personality or inviting nature about her.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
True, Young Justice does have some nice females. But I think Imagineer's point about "fun" means there is that naughty SHIP or sexiness involved which I don't believe Miss Martian exhibits. Heck Captain Marvel in What If looks good but there's nothing fun about her and she has zero personality or inviting nature about her.
That's not how I interpreted the question. He said "are there any heroines that came out in the last decade that you really enjoy". I really enjoy Miss Martian.

And actually now that you mention it there ARE a couple of very nice peril scenes involving her. I've posted at least one of them on this forum.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
Wiki says 2006, closer than I thought, I always assumed she was a 90's creation.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago

That's not how I interpreted the question. He said "are there any heroines that came out in the last decade that you really enjoy". I really enjoy Miss Martian.
That was ThatOnePervert not Imagineer.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago

That was ThatOnePervert not Imagineer.
You mean the guy who started the thread? Yeah. I wasn't responding to Imagineer in the first place. I was just putting my two cents on this thread. Christ.
Bert

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I was just putting my two cents on this thread. Christ.
Sorry, been around much longer than a decade and not even a heroine. :lol:
shevek
Producer
Producer

One of my favorite new-ish heroines is Kamen America by Tim Lim and Mark Pellegrini. She is one of the hottest-looking heroines in print right now, at a time when DC and Marvel have toned most of their heroines way down. In fact, the character is basically response to the way Marvel turned Captain Marvel into "Carl Manvers" - Lim is drawing a character that fans of the original Ms. Marvel in her older costume would enjoy.

I backed his first two Indiegogo campaigns. The books are fun and sexy in an "American manga" style, so Empowered fans might like it. You can get individual copies from his site, Iconic Comics: https://www.iconiccomics.com/

But right now for 22 more days he's running a Kickstarter where you can get an Omnibus of Issues #1-4 for only $25 plus shipping,
and you can add on a "Swimsuit Calendar" as one of the cool perks. The book delivers in December!
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
One of my favorite new-ish heroines is Kamen America by Tim Lim and Mark Pellegrini. She is one of the hottest-looking heroines in print right now, at a time when DC and Marvel have toned most of their heroines way down. In fact, the character is basically response to the way Marvel turned Captain Marvel into "Carl Manvers" - Lim is drawing a character that fans of the original Ms. Marvel in her older costume would enjoy.

I backed his first two Indiegogo campaigns. The books are fun and sexy in an "American manga" style, so Empowered fans might like it. You can get individual copies from his site, Iconic Comics: https://www.iconiccomics.com/

But right now for 22 more days he's running a Kickstarter where you can get an Omnibus of Issues #1-4 for only $25 plus shipping,
and you can add on a "Swimsuit Calendar" as one of the cool perks. The book delivers in December!
Gonna be honest, I've been avoiding that one since every one who brings it up almost always does so in a political or Anti-Modern comics context which always made me assume it was gonna be some cringey anti-PC thing. If I'm gonna read a sexy comic I just wanna read a sexy comic, I'm not going in for the social commentary.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

All this stuff looks fantastic!
shevek
Producer
Producer

ThatOnePervert wrote:
2 years ago
shevek wrote:
2 years ago
One of my favorite new-ish heroines is Kamen America by Tim Lim and Mark Pellegrini.
Gonna be honest, I've been avoiding that one since every one who brings it up almost always does so in a political or Anti-Modern comics context which always made me assume it was gonna be some cringey anti-PC thing. If I'm gonna read a sexy comic I just wanna read a sexy comic, I'm not going in for the social commentary.
There's no social commentary whatsoever in Kamen America. It's just a sexy superheroine action book. If you don't check it out, that's what you're missing. Anything beyond that, and you're just looking for "context."
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

ThatOnePervert wrote:
2 years ago
It's not surprising, I suppose, since Pellegrini and Lim also created this. (Kamen America looks to be a tad less overt, at least, but the manga art style doesn't do it for me.)

Anyhoo. I couldn't call her a "favorite new heroine" since I haven't read much of the comic, but I've always been intrigued by Witchblade. The over-the-top hypersexed heroine design is second to none, and if she doesn't exactly qualify as last-decade "new" (since she dates to the mid-Nineties) she's certainly newer than the usual stable of DC and Marvel SHIP faves and their various analogues. Been thinking of maybe doing a character based on her. (EDIT: There's also the much lesser-known Aphrodite IX from the same shop, who was launched for a second run in 2013. Don't think she ever really caught on, more's the pity.)

As for the last decade, I think it's sci-fi and fantasy comic heroines that are really bringing the heat. Alana in Saga, the protagonists of Rat Queens, Vep from Prism Stalker, the titular heroine from Niobe: She Is Life and Niobe: She Is Death, Forever Carlyle from Lazarus... lots of good stuff to be found.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Witchblade is VERY not not new I'm afraid, she's been around since the mid 90's which I'd call the modern comic book heyday...

I mean if we're bringing up Top Cow's regiment of lesser known characters as new though I submit for your attention 'The Magdalena' a sexy catholic warrior ninja nun whose a direct descendant of Mary Magdalene (and thus probably Jesus I guess but I don't remember if that was ever confirmed or not) who wields the Spear of Destiny, fights vampires and other things that go bump in the night and then her own church every now and again for good measure.

She had a habit (no pun intended) of getting in over her head quite a lot as well if I recall. One of Top Cows more peril prone.

NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
I mean if we're bringing up Top Cow's regiment of lesser known characters as new though I submit for your attention 'The Magdalena' a sexy catholic warrior ninja nun whose a direct descendant of Mary Magdalene (and thus probably Jesus I guess but I don't remember if that was ever confirmed or not) who wields the Spear of Destiny, fights vampires and other things that go bump in the night and then her own church every now and again for good measure.
Oh, I remember that one. They actually adapted this for a streaming show recently. Not nearly as good as the source material, which is too bad.

Amazon
Literotica
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
Witchblade is VERY not not new I'm afraid, she's been around since the mid 90's which I'd call the modern comic book heyday...
That is true! And the answer is simple.

No comic book superheroine managed to be immune to the '90s.

A decade where Wonder Woman went through numerous transformations.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
Femina wrote:
2 years ago
Oh, I remember that one. They actually adapted this for a streaming show recently. Not nearly as good as the source material, which is too bad.
No that's not the one you're thinking of. The Neflix show was a different franchise and not even THE character of that franchise so it failed pretty hard.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
No that's not the one you're thinking of. The Neflix show was a different franchise and not even THE character of that franchise so it failed pretty hard.
Independent sexy warrior nun franchises? I guess I wasn't expecting that. :giggle: I stand corrected.

Amazon
Literotica
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

argento wrote:
2 years ago
OP's question was about new heroines in the last decade. It wasn't about which comic book superheroines "managed to be immune to the '90s" whatever that means. I simply went with "relatively new" as is relevant to my particular SHIP favorites.

Most of the long-running SHIP heroines survived the Nineties just fine, and most made the transition to regular TV gigs or the big screen, many still in perfectly SHIP-worthy forms: much as I love Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot is an equally iconic Wonder Woman for me at this point. (And anyone who tells me that outfit doesn't fire their imagination at least a little, I have to suspect of at least a wee fib. :hannibal: ) So I don't see them as relevant to the question.

Amazon
Literotica
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Not sure why the site wouldn't let me post pictures, but it seems to be letting me do it now so I thought I'd bring up another heroine from the series. While my favorite is Mt. Lady the People's champ is definitely Mirko, 5'2 Bunny girl with the confidence of a 6'6 She-Hulk and legs that could turn coal into diamond. She's attracted a certain crowd.
Attachments
1629136234092.jpg
1629136234092.jpg (297.52 KiB) Viewed 2276 times
mirko-feature.jpg
mirko-feature.jpg (156.08 KiB) Viewed 2276 times
Damselbinder

Mirko is bae, ngl
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
Mirko is bae, ngl
She's pretty great, I'm just partial to giant heroes so Mt. Lady squeezes by to my number one.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
argento wrote:
2 years ago
OP's question was about new heroines in the last decade. It wasn't about which comic book superheroines "managed to be immune to the '90s" whatever that means.
I responded to Femina, as I had mentioned the 90's comics and mentioned the transformations that the most well known heroines had. Besides the physical and costume changes in the 90's Wonder Woman was defeated by Storm and also lost to Artemis. Yes OP asked about the heroines of the last decade but I jumped in twenty years. Where is the problem?
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

argento wrote:
2 years ago
I responded to Femina, as I had mentioned the 90's comics and mentioned the transformations that the most well known heroines had
She called the Nineties the "modern comic books heyday." I think you just assumed that meant she was talking about "the transformations that the most well known heroines had," which was confusing? Or at any rate was irrelevant to what I was talking about. But I think I see the misunderstanding now. Never mind. There's not a problem.

Amazon
Literotica
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
argento wrote:
2 years ago
I responded to Femina, as I had mentioned the 90's comics and mentioned the transformations that the most well known heroines had
She called the Nineties the "modern comic books heyday." I think you just assumed that meant she was talking about "the transformations that the most well known heroines had," which was confusing? Or at any rate was irrelevant to what I was talking about. But I think I see the misunderstanding now. Never mind. There's not a problem.
My language is not English. To be understood if you say "modern comic" or "modern man", in my language it means modernization. Modernization is to adapt or transform an old or outdated thing by giving it characteristics of what is considered modern or current.
shevek
Producer
Producer

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
It's not surprising, I suppose, since Pellegrini and Lim also created this. (Kamen America looks to be a tad less overt, at least, but the manga art style doesn't do it for me.)

Anyhoo. I couldn't call her a "favorite new heroine" since I haven't read much of the comic, but I've always been intrigued by Witchblade. The over-the-top hypersexed heroine design is second to none, and if she doesn't exactly qualify as last-decade "new" (since she dates to the mid-Nineties) she's certainly newer than the usual stable of DC and Marvel SHIP faves and their various analogues. Been thinking of maybe doing a character based on her. (EDIT: There's also the much lesser-known Aphrodite IX from the same shop, who was launched for a second run in 2013. Don't think she ever really caught on, more's the pity.)

As for the last decade, I think it's sci-fi and fantasy comic heroines that are really bringing the heat. Alana in Saga, the protagonists of Rat Queens, Vep from Prism Stalker, the titular heroine from Niobe: She Is Life and Niobe: She Is Death, Forever Carlyle from Lazarus... lots of good stuff to be found.
In addition to "My Hero Magademia", Pellegrini and Lim also published "Thump: The First Bundred Days". I bought none of them. I'm not interested in novelty political comics that become dated. Kamen America has no politics. None. The only thing overt about it is the sexy poses of the heroines. The manga art style is simply how Pellegrini seems to draw best. It's about the same kind of appeal as the indie/crowdfunded title "Battle Maiden Knuckle Bomb" by Keung Lee (which he calls "Superhero Comic meets Martial Arts Battle Manga with Unapologetic Sex Appeal!"), except that the Kamens are a bit thinner and not so muscular in their legs & arms as Battle Maiden is. So again, try Kamen America based on the story and the art, because there's no politics in it.

Witchblade is great! Heroineburgh makes a subtle reference to her when we gave our villainess Serpenta the secret identity of "Sarah Pentini" (Sarah Pezzini). And Aphrodite IX was amazing. Yes, it's too bad that Top Cow hasn't really brought her back the way they did with Witchblade and Cyberforce (big fan of Velocity!). But at least Aphrodite IX gave its original artist Stjepan Sejic his first big springboard back in the day - look at all the success he is having now, especially with Sunstone, and he is one of the best artists drawing beautiful women.

As for your list of more current sci-fi and fantasy heroines in indie comics, all respect to you for enjoying those books (I read Saga for a while in the beginning, and I liked the premise behind Sex Criminals), since everyone has different tastes. But the way these characters look is not what I like to see on a sexy heroine character in a comic book. Out of those you listed, only Forever from Lazarus could really be termed as conventionally hot. I'm surprised the Lazarus TV show hasn't been produced yet - it's been in limbo for quite a while. But I'd watch the hell out of it if there was a Megan Fox-esque actress in the lead.

But since you mentioned Niobe, I figured why not bring up Nyobi, too. Created by Larry Higgins, it's a comic about a sexy heroine
that has done well on both Kickstarter and Indiegogo. The Kickstarter for "Nyobi Origins" finished a month ago, but it's still up, and shows a whole bunch of fantastic variant covers of this hot and fun character.

Art by CB Zane:
nyobi and friend.jpg
nyobi and friend.jpg (163.4 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
Another book that I enjoyed was "Prey for the Sinner" by Marat Mychaels on his imprint Counterpoint Comics, who cut his teeth in the 90s at Rob Liefeld's Extreme Studios. The main character Synthia Kemp is sexy no matter who draws her (and the comics do have a lot of cover variants). We met Marat at Big Apple Con in July, and he was super nice - signed my copy of Prey #1. You can tell that "Counterpoint" means he wants to provide an alternative to what's happening in the mainstream - a return to the aesthetics of the '90s, as it were.
0b679860541c2f40d4d112cb85b0e838_original.jpg
0b679860541c2f40d4d112cb85b0e838_original.jpg (263.01 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

argento wrote:
2 years ago
My language is not English. To be understood if you say "modern comic" or "modern man", in my language it means modernization. Modernization is to adapt or transform an old or outdated thing by giving it characteristics of what is considered modern or current.
Uh, okay? I don't follow why that's relevant either, but again, I'm not trying to start a fight. I just clarified where I was coming from. Far as I'm concerned, that's it.

Amazon
Literotica
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
In addition to "My Hero Magademia", Pellegrini and Lim also published "Thump: The First Bundred Days". I bought none of them. I'm not interested in novelty political comics that become dated. Kamen America has no politics. None.
I'm happy to take your word for it.
Witchblade is great! . . . And Aphrodite IX was amazing. Yes, it's too bad that Top Cow hasn't really brought her back the way they did with Witchblade and Cyberforce (big fan of Velocity!). But at least Aphrodite IX gave its original artist Stjepan Sejic his first big springboard back in the day - look at all the success he is having now, especially with Sunstone, and he is one of the best artists drawing beautiful women.
We agree on that, absolutely.
As for your list of more current sci-fi and fantasy heroines in indie comics. . . the way these characters look is not what I like to see on a sexy heroine character in a comic book.
It's entirely okay for tastes to vary.
But since you mentioned Niobe, I figured why not bring up Nyobi, too. Created by Larry Higgins, it's a comic about a sexy heroine
that has done well on both Kickstarter and Indiegogo. The Kickstarter for "Nyobi Origins" finished a month ago, but it's still up, and shows a whole bunch of fantastic variant covers of this hot and fun character.
Darned sexy. Thank you for the link.

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

But has anyone noticed a lot of these new sexy heroines come from independent producers and not from Marvel or DC.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
But has anyone noticed a lot of these new sexy heroines come from independent producers and not from Marvel or DC.
Precisely. Not "a lot" of them. Pretty much close to ALL OF THEM. You can't even open a Black Cat comic and find a sexy version of Felicia Hardy - not like she used to look in the John Romita Jr days. (The only sexy version is J Scott Campbell's cover). And she was probably the last character in the Big 2 to succumb to the purge.

[quote=argento post_id=191484 time=1633383111 user_id=70272
[/quote]

Right - that's what the general term of "modern" means - to make current.

In comic book character parlance, it refers to a certain Age of comic production.
Golden Age - 30s/40s
Silver Age - 50s/60s
Bronze Age - 70s/early 80s
Copper Age - mid 80s/late 90s (so that would be the peak of "modern comics" you're talking about)
Modern Age - early 2000s/mid 2010s (possibly beginning with Ultimate Spider-Man #1 in 2000)

But the current Age, starting around 2014 for mainstream publishers, seems to be the Post-Modern Age: less heroic, more deconstructive, lots of politics leaning towards neo-Marxism, creators getting testy with fans on Twitter, the disappearance of sexy female characters, cancel culture, etc. It seems to coincide with the rise in power of social media.

Your mileage may vary on this, and I'm sure we can argue endlessly on this, though I would prefer not to. I'd love to see more recommendations for new heroines! You just have to be willing to go on the indie circuit, and even back some crowdfunds.
Damselbinder

idk. DC did a new character called Yara Flor recently and she's pretty spectacularly hot

But I swear to God

I SWEAR TO GOD this thread better not devolve into whingeing
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Terms like "neo-Marxism" are red flags mainly in that I don't even think the people using them really have anything more than the vaguest idea of what they mean by them.

The flagship superhero properties in comics have tacked away from sexy superheroines, without a doubt. All the really interesting stuff today in Marvel/DC comics is about kid-focused titles for girls. That's not "neo-Marxism." That's simply about appealing to new markets in which young girls are the motherlode in the way that adolescent boys were back in the earliest days. Things like the "Comicsgate" movement only helped that trend along by successfully framing the old guard as virulent, irrational misogynists who were hostile to any new development to the point of flipping out and engaging in outright harassment. One can't put that on DC or Marvel, they just adapted to the circumstances. It was all entirely an own-goal that never needed to happen.

The market for Sexy, however, is entirely intact. I expect it will come back around in mainstream superhero comics after it's done its rounds in other genres. These things are cyclical. The superhero concept itself took over the lead from other genres more than once already after losing it. It's not the end of the world.
Last edited by NotUv2 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Amazon
Literotica
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
argento wrote:
2 years ago
Uh, okay? I don't follow why that's relevant either, but again, I'm not trying to start a fight. I just clarified where I was coming from. Far as I'm concerned, that's it.
Okay. I'm not looking for a fight either.
Damselbinder

Right no see

It's happening again. This thread started out so nice and positive, and it's devolving into more of the standard, unpleasant, SHForum-brand bullshit.

Cut it the fuck out. Stop baiting people; stop taking the bait.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
The market for Sexy, however, is entirely intact. I expect it will come back around in mainstream superhero comics after it's done its rounds in other genres. These things are cyclical. The superhero concept itself took over the lead from other genres more than once already after losing it. It's not the end of the world.
I don't think that will be so. I think Marvel and DC are termite rotted tree trunks just ready to fall. Dagney Talbot's tree.
I think independents are the only way to have that sexiness.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

We'll have to agree to disagreee, X. (FWIW, I have no particular predictions to make about the futures of any specific companies, I'm just talking genre. If DC and Marvel should happen somehow to be wiped out and replaced by something else, it won't matter much to me.)

I hereby recuse myself from further discussion of "Neo-Marxism" and associated tropes on the advice of my @Damselbinder.

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I just want naughty fun and encourage artists to make more. Seems a lot of pin up stuff but not the more extreme stuff unless you go Japanese and there's a point anime style gets boring.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
I just want naughty fun and encourage artists to make more. Seems a lot of pin up stuff but not the more extreme stuff unless you go Japanese and there's a point anime style gets boring.
Speaking of naughty fun, saw the new girl you posted on DA, nice.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

ThatOnePervert wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Still working on a theme or identity. May get rid of the boob window for a logo.
0320.jpg
0320.jpg (826.29 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
ThatOnePervert wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Still working on a theme or identity. May get rid of the boob window for a logo.
0320.jpg
Or combine the boob window with her logo/theme. "Bust Beam powers activate!"
shevek
Producer
Producer

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
Terms like "neo-Marxism"
Not gonna take the bait. Just show and prove.

If you want to hear about some hot new heroines, here are four from prolific creator Andy Smith, published just in the past 2 years.

Protonya and Marvelosity (from Ultra), Jane Lord (from Jungle Lords), and Penumbra (from 1st Man)
ultra.png
ultra.png (265.98 KiB) Viewed 2117 times
jane lord.png
jane lord.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 2117 times
penumbra.jpg
penumbra.jpg (222.65 KiB) Viewed 2117 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah the independents are where its at. Mainstream is too messed up.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Not gonna take the bait.
Words of wisdom. You should not, indeed, take the bait that you yourself introduced into the thread.

Thank you for the subsequent images, though. They're lovely.

Amazon
Literotica
shevek
Producer
Producer

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Not gonna take the bait.
Words of wisdom. You should not, indeed, take the bait that you yourself introduced into the thread.

Thank you for the subsequent images, though. They're lovely.
Here are more. I put my money where my mouth is - backing as many sexy comic book superheroines as financially possible.

Today, I received the trade paperback from Brian Menard's Dojo Kun Comics: SIAMESE. It compiles the first 4 issues of the comic.

"Qiao and Ya Yao are Chinese-American twins with uncanny cat-like abilities: enhanced dexterity, reflexes, balance, claws, increased strength, and super-strong prehensile tails. Qiao, with the white tail, is always looking out for her 'little' sister and keeps the pair grounded as the voice of reason. Ya sports the black tail which is demonstrative of her wild side. She's daring, promiscuous and irreverent. Dojo Kun re-presents our sexy superheroines, Siamese!"

See - "sexy superheroines" is even in the product description. Although I very much doubt that any cats have prehensile tails?
There are a bunch of other heroes in the story as well - he's created an entire universe. The book came with a bunch of extra
perks - a set of card-stock mini-posters with all the characters on them.

Anyway, I'm going to read the volume and see how Menard's art and writing do the job. Here's a graphic from the now-closed Indiegogo campaign. If you still want a copy of the Siamese TPB (or individual issues) contact Brian at his Dojo Kun Comics
siamese.jpg
siamese.jpg (278.85 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
Here's another sexy superheroine comic which you can still buy. The campaign is still In Demand on Indiegogo.
Clint Hilinski's BLUE BOMBSHELL is not the only heroine in the title - there's an entire group of spandexed, busty
superheroines fighting alongside her, and then there are the Bad Girls: Pink Pussycat, Fetish, and Bloodthirsty!

The art and the attitude are a cross between the humor of 1990s Keith Giffen Justice League (bwa ha ha)
and the late 1990s Penthouse Comix series which included characters like Hericane and Miss Adventure.
You can be sure that Blue Bombshell gets her costume torn and shredded a bit during the action.

"The Blue Bombshell is in ALL OUT ACTION as she faces off against some of her DEADLIEST ENEMIES! All while trying to keep her top on! It's skantily clad adventure as the Blue Bombshell's indestructible rack is always bursting at the seams in this ADULT adventure! This is a 48 page full color comic with Adult Content and Nudity, so ADULTS ONLY!"

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... 18710954#/

I backed this comic when it was first announced. The fact that Clint (who has worked for Marvel) was partially inspired by the Penthouse strip (which features the likes of Adam Hughes and Arthur Suydam on art) convinced me early on, after I'd seen Clint
on a couple of Youtube channel interviews. It also reminds me quite a bit of Jimmie Robinson's Bomb Queen (which also includes a bad-girl character named "Fetish").
blue bombshell.jpg
blue bombshell.jpg (374.58 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
bad girls.jpg
bad girls.jpg (326.87 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

jj sh.jpg
jj sh.jpg (360.56 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
The protagonist is Jezzerie Jaden, an orphan who makes a living on the streets of her city, but with the heavy burden of hiding something in her past that she cannot remember.